Libri da leggere Book Recommendations

_lina_ posted on Mar 30, 2008 at 12:04AM
Okay, I know that there are already a ton of forums about book recommendations, but I decided to start a new one. Because this way, I'll always know if anyone posted anything after me.

So the book I want to recommend is "Dooley Takes the Fall" by Norah McClintock. She's a Canadian author and not very well-known, but she writes awesome stuff. Most of her books are YA mystery fiction, but unlike most other authors (who for some bizarre reason unknown to me love to write about happy-go-lucky rich kids who stumble upon a crime scene and then outsmart the police and solve the crime without so much as breaking a nail or getting their perfect hair all mussed up [read: Nancy Drew]), her characters are believeable.

Anyways, the book follows Ryan Dooley, former juvenile delinquent, as he gets mixed up in an accident-turned-suspected-homicide. With the police already prejudiced against him, he tries to do everything he can to prove his innocence. Which doesn't sound all that different from about a billion other books out there, but it's really a great read.

So what do you recommend?

Libri da leggere 2 risposte

Click here to write a response...
più di un anno fa marissa said…
Check out Lullibies for Little Criminals by Heather O'Neil, another Canadian author.

It follows a thirteen-year-old girl named Baby, living in Montreal with a herion-addicted father. She eventually ends up drawing the attention of a local pimp and even her crazy father can't it.

It's really good :)
più di un anno fa Thima said…
The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale is a really good read.
It tells about a princess who isn't very princess like and ends up traveling to a large country so she can be married off to a prince she has never met and then her best friend betrays her and she has to go into hiding a goose herder and set things right before Bayern declares war on Kildenree