Celtic Thunder Celtic Thunder Blog Posts

musikluver94 posted on Nov 09, 2009 at 11:08PM
Here's posts from the guys on link

Damian - Life on Tour. - November 6, 2009:

Hi Guys!! Hope you are all doing well.
The tour is going great. We are all really enjoying it.
And the crowds at the shows have been fantastic, thanks a million for all your wonderful support.
At this minute in time i am lying on top of my bed in Las Vegas. Spent all day on the strip with George, Ryan and Keith.
Las vegas is exactly as i had imagined. An awful lot going on, and many chances to loose a lot of money.(If you are 21)
It is a great place, but not really for anyone who is under 21!! But i am most definitely coming back in 4 or 5 years lol!
I am struggling to believe there is only 2 weeks left on this tour, it has flown by.
We have been in the states since the beginning of september, and I do not know were the time has gone.
Its quite scary actually.
So now we have only 9 shows left, but for Orlando I am bringing my Sister and cousin out, because we have a few days off there, so that will be great fun in Universal and Disney etc. Can't wait.
Fly home on the 24th, and then fly to Manchester on the 27th to do a gig for Phil, for the ONE and ONLY Sir.Alex Ferguson(A.K.A, Manchester United Manager)
So as you could imagine i can not wait till we do that, it will be the 2nd time in 3 years we have done it.
Busy Busy.....but i love it that way!!
I will post regularly here...now that i know how!!
See you all later.

Keep er lit!!!

Damian.
 Here's posts from the guys on http://celticthunder.ie/ Damian - Life on Tour. - November 6, 2009:
last edited on Jan 31, 2010 at 03:48AM

Celtic Thunder 33 risposte

Click here to write a response...
più di un anno fa musikluver94 said…
George - On the Road - November 7, 2009

Another week done, it's been so much fun. Vagas was great for a wee day off. I can imagine why people like to come here but my pocket would wonder what keeps them coming back.

2 more weeks now to i get back to my Sarah and Carrie. Sarah wasn't counting the weeks when i left because there were too many but now she tells me she's marking off the days. So cute, I miss her a lot when i'm away.

Denver was a great show, possibly the noisiest so far. Ryan was so moved when we turned around in Caledonia to see all his birthday posters.

Hope you're all well. Keep in touch. George.
 George - On the Road - November 7, 2009 Another week done, it's been so much fun. Vagas was great
George Donaldson - Going Home - November 24, 2009

Hi all. Well this was the quickest 3 months ever. Here i am at the moment sitting in Orlando airport, Free internet too , that's a first for me. I've got about a 20 hour travel time ahead of me, but what the hey, Scotland is worth it and his business is made of traveling.
I want to thank everyone once again for making me feel so welcome in the States for the tour. It was great to meet so many friendly, dedicated fans of the show. I hope seeing it live was all you hoped it would be.
We are all heading back into the studio mid December to do a bit more recording for release next year. I always love it that i'm in the loop when it comes to new material and won't tell you what it is. I can feel your curiosity. Be patient, i am........................ Not
I just can't wait to see my 2 darlings. I spoke to Sarah today on the Phone, she was so excited. It felt great to say "i'll pick you up from school tomorrow" Carrie has been nothing less than a pillar of strength. I couldn't do this without her. Hey I'm getting sentimental here........ enough of that.
I spent all of yesterday in the Universal fun park. I have to say that i'm a total child when it comes to ROLLER COASTERS. i was on the Dueling Dragons 5 times in a row............... 3 times at the front........... so brave. Florida was a good choice for finishing the Tour........ Hawaii would be nice next time Sharon. What about it?
Flight Call. time to get moving. See you all soon
 George Donaldson - Going home - November 24, 2009 Hi all. Well this was the quickest 3 months eve
Damian Mc Ginty

Back Home. - December 2, 2009

Hi Guys.
Home just over a week now, and i have to admit i am really enjoying being back here. I love what we do in America, but home is home. Just wanna thank you all for your amazing support for the recent tour. Use are all incredible, and without your help we wouldn't be here. So i am extremely grateful.
I just attended(for the first time this year hah), a performing arts course which i qualified for with my GCSE's. So my first day was on Monday, and i am absolutely loving it. I am just having the best time everyday there. i even forgot about a dentist appointment on Tuesday, at 2 o clock, and when i was in school, that never happened haha!!
I have met some really great people, and it is crazy!!!!!
So, bedtime for me, but we are joining you all soon in chicago for ONE DAY!!!!.....next friday....(i think!!)
Ill blog weekly from now on
Hope all is well, and we miss you all greatly!!
Damian.
 Damian Mc Ginty Back Home. - December 2, 2009 Hi Guys. home just over a week now, and i have
George Donaldson

Home - December 3, 2009

Hi all. I'm back just over a week now. The old way of life is back for the time being. It's great to be on tour but there is nothing to beat that school run in the morning and 3pm pick up.
I'm back to learning the Violin with Sarah again....... just for fun,,,,,,, I let her be the teacher........ little does she know she's doing more learning by teaching me, it keeps her playing for around an extra half hour each day.
Thanks again for all the support in the TMH tour. We couldn't do it without you all.
It's great to have so much time on my hands at the moment too. I need the time to catch up on things with my family..... all nine of them, and my mum too who i miss a lot when i'm away.
Have a good week all. Carrie says hello. i'm off on the School run now. I'll see you soon

George
 George Donaldson home - December 3, 2009 Hi all. I'm back just over a week now. The old way o
Ryan Kelly

Greetings From The Village That They Call The Moy! - December 3, 2009

Hey everyone!!

Finally getting around to blogging! I came home to my new house and realised that I hadn't ordered an internet package (don't worry satellite/cable sports package was ordered weeks in advance while I was on tour - I'm not THAT stupid!!!), so I'm having to get by on limited internet access for the next few days by visiting my parents house and using their connection. I think they are getting suspicious though - thinking I'm only here to log on and not to visit them - which is totally ridiculous...the free meals are way more important than the internet!! ; )

My last week home has been spent going through the mail which had been collecting in my house since September. The bills are something I could definitely do without (note to Sharon - I think we need to renegotiate wages by the way - I never realised a new home could be so expensive!). However, opening all your mail from my post office box definitely made me forget about the bills for a while!! Your generosity has always been amazing, but I think you have all surpassed yourselves in the last few months!! My house is now full of all kinds of housewarming presents, birthday presents, signed pictures, - my wardrobe has certainly got more packed as well and there may even be one or two items of Celtics memorabilia in there to top it all off!! I really can't thank you all enough and I wish I could respond to you all individually, but I think to do that I would have to opt out of Celtic Thunder for a few years and concentrate on my letter writing and I'm not sure I can afford to do that just yet!! What I will say is that I do read every letter, card and parcel and am always overwhelmed by your good wishes and reports from the shows. Keep them coming!!

Reflecting on the last Take Me Home tour, I really believe it was my most enjoyable so far. I do think the shows are getting better, but so too are the audiences so that fills me with great excitement to think about the forthcoming "That's Entertainment" and then "Storm" tours over the next few years. As all of you who attended the shows in Toronto in early October know, (and what all of the rest of you will find out when the shows are aired in the near future), the two halves of the show were so different, yet I think still kept the integrity of Celtic Thunder - and brought it to a new level. That's why I'm so looking forward to getting back on the road as soon as possible with them!

In the meantime, I'll return to trying to sort out my house. I haven't put my Christmas tree up quite yet, but I'm sure I'll get that done over the next few days. A game of basketball kept me from doing it last night. It was so good to get back on court again - although I felt a bit rusty at the start -as my teammates kindly reminded me!! Tonight is indoor soccer with a group of mates. I'm trying to train twice a day at the minute so that I make myself so exhausted at night that I fall asleep at a reasonable hour and get rid of the jet-lag. Hasn't quite worked yet!!

I'll check in again so folks..take care for now..

Ryan xx
 Ryan Kelly Greetings From The Village That They Call The Moy! - December 3, 2009 ciao everyone
Sharon Browne,

Celtic Thunder will appear on WTTW on 12th December - December 4, 2009

Hi Everyone,

The guys are all safely home and enjoying being home for a bit, not for too long.

Celtic Thunder will be appearing live in Chicago on the 12th December as we are filming the PBS Pledge events to be built into "Celtic Thunder - It's Entertainment" PBS TV Special for airing next Feb/March so it will air for just that one night in December for that purpose.

Tune in if you can!

Sharon
 Sharon Browne, Celtic Thunder will appear on WTTW on 12th December - December 4, 2009 Hi Every
George Donaldson

Charting well - December 18, 2009

Hi All, We’re looking good in the Chart ratings eh? Im missing touring already, It just seems so long till we’re back In the States again. I’ve got the best of both worlds. Just getting ready to take Sarah to her swimming lessons., not even sure she needs them now but she said it’s a fun night tonight. The winter is really here too. Scotland is heading for a snowy weekend with blizzards. I’ll need to look the balaclava out and long Johns…………. I’m too young to wear them…. Stay warm. And we’ll speak soon.

George
 George Donaldson Charting well - December 18, 2009 Hi All, We’re looking good in the Chart
Damian Mc Ginty

Time off. - December 18, 2009

Hi Guys.
Today i had my first day in a longggg time were i just did nothing!!
It was great, went out on the town last night with a few mates from my new course, and it was a great night altogether. Had great craic....and then it was 1pm before i seen the light of day today!!
Just got back from avatar, and initially i did not like the look of it, but it ended up to be a really good movie!!
Tomorrow is another early day, but only to go shopping!!
Delighted to see all them achievements by Celtic Thunder this year below....something to be proud of!!
Hope everyone is doing good, and chat soon.
Damo.
x.
last edited più di un anno fa
 Damian Mc Ginty Time off. - December 18, 2009 Hi Guys. Today i had my first giorno in a longggg
Ryan Kelly

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.... - December 18, 2009

Hey everyone,

Just checking in to see if you are all well!

Got back from rehearsals for the cruise in January last night. It was great to get the set together with the band - really looking forward to it now. Phil was telling me how beautiful the Panama Canal is, so can't wait to see that.

Also got to opening some more of my mail from yourselves - I don't think my tree (the one with branches not with bottle necks!!) can take any more ornaments!! To be fair I think it's been crooked since I put it up (and don't say just like it's owner!!), but the extra baubles and decorations from your international shores has it close to breaking point!! The cards also make my living room a bit more Christmassy - which is great.

Looking forward to going to my friend's birthday party tomorrow night. It'll be great to catch up with a lot of mates as well and have a bit of Christmas cheer! Oh, it's a surprise party though - so you all have to keep it a secret. If he finds out beforehand, I'm gonna blame all of you!!

By all reports that Celtic Thunder band did great in the charts last year!! They must be all millionaires by now!! ; ) I wonder if any of them could give me a loan?!

Anyways, enjoy your weekend whatever you are doing, whether it be shopping, working, partying, watching football or whatever (there's some of those I like better than others!!).

I'll call in before Christmas!!

Ryan x
 Ryan Kelly It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.... - December 18, 2009 ciao everyone,
Damian Mc Ginty

Christmas. - December 24, 2009

Howdy!!!
Well it is -6 degrees in derry today....sooooo cold!
Just popping in to wish you all a very merry christmas guys.
I hope its a good one, and a safe one. And i hope santa brings you all you want....(i hope he's good to me:)
Thanks for all your support this year....its incredible and we all appreciate it.
Damo.
x
 Damian Mc Ginty Christmas. - December 24, 2009 Howdy!!! Well it is -6 degrees in derry today
Ryan Kelly

O Holy Night..... - December 24, 2009

Hey everyone,

Just popping in quickly before I head off to Midnight Mass (which is at 9 o'clock - yes that's an Irish one!!) to wish you all a very peaceful and happy Christmas. I'm singing tonight in my local church with my Dad playing the church organ - it's a bit of a tradition at this stage so I couldn't say no to him - I owe him way too much!!

I'm singing "O Holy Night" and my own composition "I'm Spending Christmas With Jesus Christ", so it's nice to sing that - and especially tonight of all nights!

Tomorrow will be spent and my parents' house eating and drinking more than is feasibly possible - as you do on Christmas Day and then round to a friend's house tomorrow night to continue the Christmas cheer!!

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow and over the Christmas period and that Santa comes to you all. Although you have to remember, I've seen some of your behaviour at our shows over the year and I'm not sure if you qualify for the "I've been real good" category anymore!! I'll let the man himself decide!!

Anyways, Nollaig Shona Daoibh!! (no I haven't started on the Christmas wine yet - that's Irish for Happy Christmas to you all!!)

Ryan x
 Ryan Kelly O Holy Night..... - December 24, 2009 ciao everyone, Just popping in quickly be
George Donaldson

Seasons greetings - December 24, 2009

Well It’s finally here. We’re all so excited in the Donaldson house. Santa comes tonight. I’d like to wish you all a very warm and Happy Christmas on behalf of Carrie, Sarah and myself. Thanks for all of your lovely cards, gifts and support, the guys at the mailbox were working hard because of you. We’ve got a white Christmas too, that’s a wee special bonus. WE hope you have a wonderful Holiday and all the best for 2010.

George
 George Donaldson Seasons greetings - December 24, 2009 Well It’s finally here. We’re all
Ryan Kelly

Bonne année et bonne santé ! - December 31, 2009

Hey everyone,

I hope you've all recovered from the Christmas excesses. I was glad to get out for a few runs and a few games of basketball during the week to get rid of some of the food and drink which was forced (ahem) down my throat over the festive period. Although one of the runs nearly ended up being not so good for my health - the trail were I run was a lot more icy than I had envisioned. Suffice to say a pair of pair of skates would've been a lot more appropriate and I certainly didn't shave seconds off my personal best.

Tonight, I'm having a few friends and family around for a few drinks and a bit of craic (fun, not hard drugs I hasten to add), and then will take a walk down to my local to see in the New Year. It will be an early enough night (I hope) as I've (another!!) wedding to attend tomorrow morning. My friends are all dropping like flies with regards to getting hitched - I just hope they're all still alive and will have permission to leave their care homes for the day when I walk down the aisle (probably with the help of some walking aid..)

Anyways, that's an insight into my exciting life at the minute. I know, it's not exactly riveting stuff, but I thought I'd let you know what's going on! Next week will see the start of more intensive rehearsals for the cruise. Every time I walk out into the freezing cold I try and visualize the sun of Florida on that ship...it's keeping me positive!!

Well, it just remains for me to wish you all a very Happy New Year in 2010. 2009 was quite an amazing year for me in quite a few ways, but you all had a hand in making it that way. I don't want to sound like a broken record, but just want to thank you all for your support, your words and gifts of kindness (I collected more today from the Post Office - you continue to surpass yourselves!!) and just general love for myself and Celtic Thunder. Let's keep this ball rolling in 2010!!

Happy New Year!

Oh, and get me and my French!! ; )

Ryan x
 Ryan Kelly Bonne année et bonne santé ! - December 31, 2009 ciao everyone, I hope you've
George Donaldson

Bye, Bye 2009 - December 31, 2009

Hope you all have a very happy and joyful Hogmanay and a great Ne’rday. I will raise my glass in toast to you all whilst we bring in the bells at Jinty’s tonight. I am singing there, as I have done for the last 10 years to bring in the New Year. It’s great craic, extremely busy, noisy, and most years we end up standing on beer barrels to play ‘cause there is no room left in the pub, but it’s home! Can’t believe how fast this year has went by but when I think back to all the great places I have been to and all the wonderful people I have met along the way from the “President” to “The Georgie Girls” and all you wonderful Thunderheads, I think time most have slowed down a bit to fit it all in.

Thank you for all the Christmas cards and presents. We had a lovely family Christmas which means quite a lot of people when you have a family as big as mine! Sarah also wishes to thank everyone who wished her a Happy birthday, she couldn’t quite believe all the twitter messages that were for her. I swear she’s aged since Tuesday already, which is too scary ( my baby is growing up).

Well got to go and play to the masses, shame you can’t all be here. Wishing you all love and best wishes for 2010, hope to meet up with you all at some point.
Roll on 2010, have to get back to the gym……. that’s my new year resolution.

Love and best wishes and a wee dram to you all.

George, Carrie & Sarah
last edited più di un anno fa
 George Donaldson Bye, Bye 2009 - December 31, 2009 Hope te all have a very happy and joyful
Damian Mc Ginty

New Year. - January 1, 2010

Hey Guys.
Just want to wish you all a Happy, Safe and Healthy 2010.
I never really know what to think when we enter a new year, sometimes people around me can be a little subdued because they find the fact scary, to be honest I just think its another day really, and a chance for a fresh start. Although i usually make resolutions, they often fall through around the 4th of January LOL!! But i do intend to get back fit, because i was out with Ryan before the tour starts, and usual old story, when we go on tour i lose my fitness!! This year will be different. I don't know why but i also have a slight feeling that something massive is going to happen this year. Don't ask me, but i just have a feeling!! Lets hope 2010 is as successful and more successful than 2009. And i know that we will always have the strength of the Thunderheads behind us no matter what, and that is always great to know. Thanks for everything use have done for me guys, i just cannot tell you how much i appreciate it. 2010 will see the release of 2 complete new shows from Celtic Thunder, and a few albums also. See you along the way!!
Love, Damo.
x
 Damian Mc Ginty New Year. - January 1, 2010 ciao Guys. Just want to wish te all a Happy, Saf
Damian Mc Ginty

Update...... - January 18, 2010

Hello Hello Hello!!!
Hope everyone is doing great, and having a good and stressful january....thats what its about.....right??....Yeah SURRREEE it is LOL!!
Well now that i have had my dose of being home, I am dying to get stuck in again!!....but we are not back at it for another while yet, we will be doing bits and pieces around the launch date of it's entertainment....but all on this side of the water im afraid!!!
 Damian Mc Ginty Update...... - January 18, 2010 Hello Hello Hello!!! Hope everyone is doing
Damian Mc Ginty

Update... - January 26, 2010

Hi Guys.
So I completed 5 assignments in the space of 2 weeks, and it was tough!!...But i got 4 back, and passed them all
Therefore semester 2 is looking good, shockingly i got a Merit for my set model, never in a million years did i believe i could do that, because in school my art was always the comical moment of the week :L:L haha!!
For semester 2 my timetable has been changed....and it leaves a long day on wednesday, but i have the big football match to look forward to tomorrow night
 Damian Mc Ginty Update... - January 26, 2010 Hi Guys. So I completed 5 assignments in the sp
più di un anno fa 1313RI said…
All of us in the USA look forward to your return, and wish you much success in 2010.
Ryan Kelly

Return Of The Mac!! - January 28, 2010

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know I'm still alive!! I got my Mac back today from the Mac Store. It's like getting a limb sewn back on!!! My iphone was ok for checking any important emails, but didn't really cut it for updating Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and blogging here!!
 Ryan Kelly Return Of The Mac!! - January 28, 2010 Hi everyone, Just to let te know I'm s
PAUL BYROM

2010 here we go ! - January 28, 2010

So Christmas has been and gone and we are right in the thick of 2010! After spending 10 days on the Caribbean I feel ready for the remainder of JAnuary and whatever else the winter has to throw at me! Lovin being at home at the moment and am getting a lot done. Heading to London on Saturday to record some new material and have written one or two new songs as well which I hope to get down on track by the summer. All in all, its work work work. Even getting to the gym more regularly which is always welcomed.
 PAUL BYROM 2010 here we go ! - January 28, 2010 So Natale has been and gone and we are rig
George Donaldson

January almost gone - January 30, 2010

Thanks for all the birthday cards and wishes for Monday, You’re all too kind. There have been some questions about tour date. They are still being arranged and confirmed so I’m sure they’ll be posted as soon as Sharon has everything sorted out. It’s Great to hear of the following that we are getting in other countries too. I had some lovely emails asking when we’re coming to France and Germany……….. I hear we should be in Canada for a few dates in the Summer. Glad to be home all this time, it’s been so good to spend so much time with Sarah, Oh and Carrie.
 George Donaldson January almost gone - January 30, 2010 Thanks for all the birthday cards and
Damian Mc Ginty

Release. - February 8, 2010

Hello guys!!
So the release of IE is tomorrow, and it is very exciting!! I am praying that this album continues were the last few left off, and that people like it, or maybe even love it
I just did an interview for Highland Radio there, alot of you tuned in and i just wanna thank you all for your continuously wonderful support! It is totally overwhelming. Who knew 3 years ago, i would be here eh??!!....Certainly not me!!
And it is down to you guys. Thankyou all!!
 Damian Mc Ginty Release. - February 8, 2010 Hello guys!! So the release of IE is tomorrow, a
Ryan Kelly

Superbowl XLIV.....and some bad news... - February 11, 2010

Hi all,

Well, I'm sort of coming back down to earth eventually following an amazing few days in South Florida for Superbowl XLIV. I've been to quite a few big sporting events and finals before in soccer, Gaelic Football, Rugby, Baseball and of course saw my beloved Celtics win the World Championship at the new Boston Garden in 2008, but I must say that this was the most incredible event I have ever been to!!
 Ryan Kelly Superbowl XLIV.....and some bad news... - February 11, 2010 Hi all, Well, I'm
PAUL BYROM

The Month of love - February 16, 2010

So now that Valentines is over do we all start getting ready for Christmas? It just seems mad that as soon as one thing is over the shops have some other event you NEED to celebrate. I call these Hallmark Holidays. Valentines was a lot of fun and I do enjoy making that little bit of effort. Even when I was a kid I used to make cards and drop them through a letterbox of some unsuspecting and usually uninterested girl in my area. I do feel the age of romance is dying so Valentines is a good idea to encourage people to make a little gesture of love.
 PAUL BYROM The mese of Amore - February 16, 2010 So now that Valentines is over do we all sta
PLANES TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES ! ! ! - February 18, 2010

Howdy ya'll, i hope that you are all behaving per usual and not doing anything that I wouldn't do!!!

I've been kept busy the past few week's doing anything and everything, to stay active. I wrote quite a cool wee tune last night on my 12 string fender, there is a class sound outa it and I'm glad i own it. It's funny sometimes when you lift a different guitar and just get a completely different buzz outa it and write a style of song that you wouldn't normally, (well thats my excuse for owning all those guitarz!!!)!

The surf Hasn't been all that great since i got home which is a pity but i reckon that when i come home from the promotional trip in the states i will be rewarded greatly from the gods..................................

come and see the rest of the blog @ www.keithharkin.com (or you can veiw it on fanpop here: link)

thanks a million

Keith
 PLANES TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES ! ! ! - February 18, 2010 Howdy ya'll, i hope that te are all beha
George Donaldson

Promo coming like a train - February 19, 2010

Well that's IE well and truly out there and the promo trip is coming at us like train. My thought in November when we all came home were, (Three months off, it will be great to have all this time with my family). Where has it gone? The time has been great but it's not good for you to just be at home all the time. The bonding i've done with Sarah has been out of this world, We've both become the best friends in the world (Not that we weren't best friends already). luckily she seems to understand what Dad does for a living and knows she can come to see me any time, even tho i'm only away for 3 weeks this time. I'm sure Carrie will hold the fort well till i get home.
The weather in Scotland is as someone once said...."it's predictable, or is that unpredictable?" anyway the un/predictability of it has brought us a frozen, frosty morning, just when i thought Spring was about to kick in.
I can't wait to hear the tour dates for the Fall/Autumn. Radio City is on the Bill. I can't wait to hear the Promo trip dates either....... as far as i know Myself and Ryan will be on the West Coast for a couple of weeks, Not sure of all the places that will take in yet but i'm sure it will be a lot of fun. We're looking forward to seeing some if you on the way. Take care till then. Thanks for the support of the new show, Keep up the good work. I'll see you soon.

George
 George Donaldson Promo coming like a train - February 19, 2010 Well that's IE well and truly o
Damian McGinty

Promo time. - February 22, 2010

Hi Guys.
Well it's that time again, PBS time!!
Apart from Chicago it feels like an eternity since we have done PBS visits. The last time was back in June 2008....i think!
And that was as hectic as it comes with Myself, Paul and Keith on the west coast. Great memories though
So me and Paul fly out on Saturday morning, i have no real idea were we are going, lol!!i think florida is on the horizon but I just go with the flow
I cannot wait to get back out again though, i have had my taste of home now, and i am ready for work
When we get back we go into the studio for a number of different things, so i always find it exciting to get new material, and having to learn songs that i have honestly never heard of before
but it's all part of the fun. We go to dublin on wednesday now for a day of rehearsals, so it will be good to catch up with the boys..we haven't seen each other in a WHOLE TWO MONTHS....lol!!
At the minute i have a bit of a cold...unfortunately...great timing eh?
Just need to do a bit of packing....soon!!
So all the best, and i am sure we will see some of you on our travels!!
Love, Damo.
x
 Damian McGinty Promo time. - February 22, 2010 Hi Guys. Well it's that time again, PBS time!
più di un anno fa cassidy86 said…
big smile
i know celtic thunder will not be hitting any city in arizona this tour but, hope they will come back someday! can't wait to see them live in concert! when you're out on the road guys, take care!
George Donaldson

Station Visits - March 3, 2010

HI all. The Station visits going very well. We could never do it without the support of Public Broadcasting. It’s nice to speak to some of you on the phone when you make your pledges. Ryan and myself are in San Francisco and really looking forward to doing something with the morning off. We travelled here through the night on the tour bus. Great way to travel once you get used to “Rockin’ ‘n’ Rolin’” through the night. I hear the others are doing well on the other side of the country. It’ll be good to meet up with them next week. I find it hard to call this “Work” but don’t let Sharon know. Lovin’ the job. Speak soon.

George
 George Donaldson Station Visits - March 3, 2010 HI all. The Station visits going very well. We
Paul Byrom

Station Visits - March 6, 2010

There is truly nothing in the world like these promo trips! Why? Well we all get split up to cover as much ground as possible, and when I say ground I mean PBS stations. ....

PBS is a truely unique product of American community. Its something, I feel every community should be proud of. To think that these stations are run predominantly on peoples donations is incredible. We recently visited one in Pennsylavania and were told that their funding for 2010 had been cut by 90% and that they expected the rest to go too. How any company could survive that I dont know. However, it seems they do, and this particular one probably will too. Why? Because people in the community give a damn. Im not sure if such ventures existed in Ireland, they would get the support PBS does. To think that someone sitting in their armchair at home can thoroughly enjoy a show that is broadcast from PBS for a couple of hours and then change the channel after, without a thought and know it will probably be there the next time they flick around is incredible. I say its incredible because, they are not obliged to donate, yet can still enjoy the benefits. Its a credit to those who do. To think that they watch a show like “Its Entertainment” and then say, “great show, lets dontae something to that station”. Its very impressive to some one like myself looking from the outside in. ....

Yet when I say Im looking from the outside, Im not really. If these stations didnt do well, they probably wouldnt take our show, or even have us to the studios. Im aware its a case of “you scratch our backs and we’ll scratch yours” however, everyone involved knows that, and it works tremendously well. We’re well aware how important it is for our shows to pledge well. If they dont pledge well the show gets shelved. Not good for us at all! If it does well, then it means my ugly mugg is broadcast a couple more times in that area. Win, win. Yet always amazing how it works. It truely is a great set up. ....

Mind you, we have had some VERY funny experiences whilst doing them. Both this time and the last time. Yesterday we had Damian constantly referred to as Damon McGetty and then after his live performance of “Home” the presenter said “well done Paul Byrom”! Hysterical considering I was sitting next to the presenter. Who did he think I was? On second thoughts, best not go there!!! ....

On other occassions we had a presenter call George, Donald Ferguson and Ryan, Brian! Topped off with our Musical Director Paul Coulter!!!!! I am laughing, yet understand how difficult it all is as a presenter. Im also aware that the majority are volunteers and therefore deserve a lot more credit than some half wit like myself taking the mic out of them. However when on these trips, you need as much as possible to make it light hearted and fun. Otherwise you would go off your mind answering the same questions night after night. i.e “So what does PBS mean to you?” ....

We now all have an individule PBS smile aswell. Its the one where at the drop of a hat, you put a big teeth bearing smile right across your face and come out with all the lines that are required! This, and this alone is why I have laughter lines around my eyes. They are not wrinkles!! Ok, maybe one or two are, but thats a sign of maturity!!! ....

The other fantastic thing about PBS is the amount of people who come in and volunteer. I touched on the presenters already, but more impressive are the thousands of people who will give up an evening, maybe two a week in order to come and answer phones and take pledges. This is incredible considering we live in such a time of self importance and money making. Im not sure why they volunteer, but by and large we always have great fun with them in the studio. Therefore on the occassion they are not there, the vibe in the studio is different and not as much fun. So kudos to them! Much like at our gigs, they give us a vibe and we buzz off that! ! ! !....

“So where are we today? Not sure” is generally how Damian and myself start each morning. He sleeps on the bottom bunk right opposite me. Above us is our wardrobe, and shower and toilets are behind us! There is no room for dignity or privacy when you are on one of these trips. Showering is miliatary style. In and out and shake it all about. Dont waste water. Wash hair and the T-spots then out ya get. Next one in! Its actually quiet funny. ....

We have a steamer for our suits and enough shirts for when the rest are at the laundry. Boxers are plentyfull as you never wanna run out of them and socks too. After that everything is an extra! Its all about turning up looking like you have been dressed and groomed by proffessionals! ....

Its been great fun so far on this trip as Damian and myself genuinly get on great. He is very much like a little brother. Irritable rarely , but mainly a great kid. Its been fun watching him grow into the kid he is today. He has had a lot to deal with by touring and schooling but he has taken to it like a duck to water, and I have no doubts by the time he is my age, he will be world renowned. If he’s not, he will be a success in whatever he does. I try to give him some good example and yet not come across as all knowing! Its important to give him some of the lessons I learnt whilst making my way to where I am. Wherever that is!!! ....

He too is teaching me things. Like how to listen to Taylor Swift without churning! And explaining to me that Myley Syruss is the same person as Hannah Montanna. All a bit mental, but I play along. In return, I explain to him who Donny Osmand was and that Hillary Clinton IS related to Bill Clinton!! No joke! It was no coincidense that they have the same surname!....

Today we are in Kentucky and are currently parked outside some WALMART and a group of other massive malls. Im sure people see the bus park up and wonder, WOW, who’s on that? Then disappointingly see two gangly Irish guys fall of the bus looking for some fresh towels!!! ....

As for where we are tomorrow? Not sure, but either way, it will be fun and another chapter in this ever enthralling story of 5 lads thrown together to conquer the world. If not the world, at least the PBS stations!! Bring it Big Bird!! We’re ready for ya!!!!!!!!!!....

.. ..

Till Next time,....

Keep pledging my loves, my doves, my eggs,....

.. ..

Paul....

x ....
 Paul Byrom Station Visits - March 6, 2010 There is truly nothing in the world like these promo
Ryan Kelly

Some March Madness.... - March 30, 2010

Hey everyone!

I know it’s been quite a while since I blogged here, but things have been pretty hectic since we arrived home from the latest promo trip!
The promo trip itself was great. Along with George and Jean, I had a great time visiting the West Coast and revisiting some of the great places I’d been before and also some new ones along the way! Highlights included a trip to Alcatraz. The history of that place is amazing and it’s definitely a tour I’d recommend to anyone. Actually getting to experience the solitary confinement cells or “The Hole” as it was commonly known, felt very familiar and then it dawned on me – I had gotten the same feeling checking into some of the motels on the road with Celtic Thunder when the budget was being tightened!
We also were lucky enough to be in Hollywood on Oscar weekend. Now, as you know, I love my films, so to be able to experience the hype outside The Kodak Theater and getting the chance to walk on the Red Carpet (albeit covered in polythene, so I suppose it was actually the Polythene Carpet..) was pretty cool and something I hope to be doing for real when they take the covers off someday!
The CBS Saturday morning show was also a lot of fun – it was good to perform some of the new tracks from “It’s Entertainment” with the lads and also meet some of the fans outside –although it looked more like a wet day in The Moy than a Spring morning in Manhattan – I guess we brought the weather with us again…
So now I’m back home again, getting prepared for our next batch of recordings, beginning next Monday. It’s always good to get back into the studio and work with Phil and Dave on the new tracks and arrangements. It’s tough work, but also can be one of the most rewarding parts of the job when you hear the harmonies together for the first time – well, that’s the theory anyway – some songs can take longer than others!!
Last weekend, my family all got together for my Mum’s birthday. It was one of the milestone ones (I’ll not give anymore away or she might kill me!!), and it was great to meet up with my sister, brother and their families for a nice weekend in Newcastle, County Down. I don’t think I need to go into a lot of details, suffice to say that we got to bed at 5.30am having I think exhausted every story and event that ever happened, and probably a lot that never happened at all, but sure that’s always the Irish way – never let the truth get in the way of a good story! The way I felt Sunday morning/afternoon, makes me thankful that these get-togethers only happen on occasion as I don’t think I could physically take them any more frequently!
So that’s probably enough from me for now. I have some of your mail to answer tonight as well. Unfortunately as I’ve said before, I can’t physically answer them all, but I do try to respond as much as I can. If you don’t get a reply this time around, I’ll use this opportunity to thank you here for your generosity, both in relation to the presents I get and also in your time, and hopefully you will get a response next time!!

A lot of you have been asking about the ”exciting news” that I alluded to on MySpace a few weeks ago. Well, amongst other things, I am in the process of setting up my own website to give you somewhere to come and chat with each other, and ask me questions and where I can let you know about any news relating to Celtic Thunder or anything else involving myself. Now, as quite a few of you have commented, sometime my promises come a little later than expected (!!!!), so I’m not going to put an exact date on it, but I would hope to have it up and running in the next few weeks. Obviously the recordings will be my priority in the next couple of weeks, but I hope to have something for you all really soon!!

In the meantime, watch this space, take care of yourselves and have a really great Easter with those who mean the most to you….

Ryan x
 Ryan Kelly Some March Madness.... - March 30, 2010 ciao everyone! I know it’s been quite a
Damian McGinty

This Moment in time..... - March 30, 2010

Hello to all!!

So it has been promised, and here it is!!
It seems like this last week i have had little or no time, especially Monday-Friday, college was extremely busy. It's always tough when i get back from a 3 or 4 week period away, because assignments have always been given out, and i come back close to the deadline, therefore i have to have it completed by the deadline. Although the assignments are normal, long and boring!!...The course itself i love. I have classes such as singing, acting, directing, producing, lights, stage management, business and sound. I am generally interested in all of that kind of stuff to do with performing. But there are also classes such as costume, and to say i am not interested in designing my own costume, is an understatement!!
So it was great to get back home and into the thick of things here.
The last promo trip absolutely flew. Myself and Paul had a great time for 2 weeks, we did whatever we could do outside walmart for 2 weeks to pass the time!! Even bought a football, and Paul kicked it into the river about 5 different times .....but to be fair i kicked it in once, and couldn't get it back because it landed right in the middle of the dirty thing...
This promo trip was alot easier than previous ones too, the difference was we had buses to travel with this time round.
When we had to get up the odd time for a flight or two, we said to ourselves, "How did we do this constantly the last time?" As we all know, the more times you can avoid an airport...the better, in most cases.
QVC was a real success, we got to meet alot of people, which is always fab, and we got to perform many times, which is also fab
After QVC had finished, we went downstairs in the hotel for a while to relax before we went to bed for the flights in the morning. Needless to say we were downstairs for more than a 'while'!! It was a great night, and we also got to catch up with a few people who have done alot of work for CT, e.g. street teams, and it is always great to actually here the work they do, so we ourselves can understand a bit more what the street teams are, or used to be so i m hearing!!
So the next day. after 3 weeks of 'work'...i was quite tired flying home. I was flying home myself....and i had to set my alarm in the airport just in case i went for a little snooze!!.....
As i was sitting in the plane too, during the flight i noticed the guy beside me was listening to U2's Still Haven't Found!!....I am a HUGE believer in fate, and the boys know because i have put them through this many times.....although i honestly have no idea what this means, but you can't honestly tell me it was a coincidence>>??!!
So i got picked up by mum and dad at the airport......then went home and slept for about 5 hours before going out that friday night with my mates. It is so good to just come home and fit into the jigsaw again, there really is a case of two lives/worlds going on and i love it!
I have had a few nights out with mates, and they are just incredible. Never a dull moment with these guys, trust me on that one!!
So i lie here now, and my plan this week is to learn learn learn ....certain parts of these new albums i am challenged and its great. You'll understand why on the tour maybe.......which is going to be a great show!! I can promise you that too...
So good luck, and God bless....
Damian.
x
 Damian McGinty This Moment in time..... - March 30, 2010 Hello to all!! So it has been prom
George Donaldson

Story so far - March 30, 2010

Hi All. That time again, when preparations are being made for a busy year, something to be done every month now. April, go into the studio to record 2 new CT CDs. May, a trip to Texas for promo work for PBS. June, 10 day tour beginning in Canada (dates TBC). July/August, make Station visits for PBS. September the big It’s Entertainment Tour begins (dates still being confirmed) I can’t wait. Now I need to find some breathing space. I’m exhausted just writing this.

It has been nothing short of fantastic to be home for the last 3 months (Apart from the 3 week promo trip) with my 2 favourite girls. The bonding made with Sarah has just been the best. Especially now that her Violin playing has improved so much, we’re doing some duets. As I always say “it’s hard to be away for so long, but it’s just so worth it when we get to spend so much time together when I’m home again, quality time”. It was also just the best thing to actually seeing Sarah playing in one of her concerts, I seem to be away when ever they’re on.

Meeting a lot of fans on the 3 weeks promo was one of the high points of being away, it’s always reassuring to know that you are all in our corner. It is hard work but a lot of fun. Ryan and myself came down the West coast, So we had an opportunity to see San Francisco for the first time, all be it a short and rainy visit, but the highlight of the free time we did have has to be that we both went to Alcatraz for the day, The history of it was very fascinating. I think with the many Hollywood films made about it, it’s sometimes easy to forget that these guys were real hardened criminals. There was one guy there who had served 4 years for armed robbery. He was signing autographs for his book about his “time” on The Rock. He was a reformed Christian working for the State with Charity work, as opposed to against it.

On a sadder note, while I was in Texas, Carrie called to tell me that her dad had passed away. He had been ill for over a year and we had known that his condition was deteriorating. It’s often hard to say that he’s in a better place now, It’s a cliché so often used, meant, hard to say and hard to hear but fitting. It was difficult to be away from the family at this time but I did make it home to pay my respects at the Funeral. He was a Great and Polite man, well liked by all who knew him, a True Gentleman. Carrie and her family have asked me once again to thank you all for your lovely cards and messages of sympathy. Also the generous donations made to causes through his name. Thanks.

Another great and unexpected achievement was receiving the Gold and Platinum discs for the 3 DVDs recorded over the last 3 years. What a thrill.

Parenting is calling me now, I hear my guitar being tampered with…………….? Tune in for the next instalment………………… Thanks for giving me your ear.
George
 George Donaldson Story so far - March 30, 2010 Hi All. That time again, when preparations are