Critical Analysis of Twilight C.A.T. Mascot

renrae posted on Jul 17, 2009 at 08:38PM
So, laureng114 came up with the idea that we need a mascot! Any ideas?

EDIT: The new mascot is Binx. It's the kitty in the icon.

As of yet, said kitty is genderless.
last edited on Aug 26, 2009 at 03:50PM

Critical Analysis of Twilight 41 risposte

Click here to write a response...
più di un anno fa Mermaid-Tail said…
smile
So, the cat in the icon isn't our mascot? (S)he get's my vote. Go black cat from the icon! wooo.
Of course if we did decide to go with the icon cat we'd need a gender and name :)
più di un anno fa laureng114 said…
I agree. We should stick with the cat in the icon but a name and gender does need to be decided :)
più di un anno fa Mermaid-Tail said…
smile
My only suggestion when we come to naming which ever mascot we settle on is no name that seems to side with either group (so no Twilighter names like Bella/Edward/Renesme and no anti Twilighter names like Buffy/Winchester/slayer)
Exactly, we have to remain neutral. So if anyone suggests that we call the cat Edward I'm going to have to say no. hahaha.
più di un anno fa Dearheart said…
Lol, what a great idea! You smart little kittens, you... *snugs* As for a name, hmm... *ponders*

Let's call it...Bob.

XD Just kidding, just kidding...hmmm, I'm not really sure WHAT to name him (her?). *goes off to brainstorm* C'mon kittens, help me out!
last edited più di un anno fa
Hmmm. Him or her. We should probably decide that first.
più di un anno fa katiecain said…
Looks like a girl to me.
più di un anno fa HerMelody said…
I think of it as a boy =s *feels like she isn't helping at all*
I kind of agree though it could go either way. He is looking like a well...he to me.

Your helping! Every vote and opinion matters.
più di un anno fa DarkSarcasm said…
How about 'It' - that way, we don't have to decide on a gender, and it's a nod to Stephen King. ;)
Perfect! Stephen King is a well...critic of the Twilight series so it works perfectly. We can just pick a name that can be either for a girl or boy.
più di un anno fa DarkSarcasm said…
I'm not a big King fan, so the only names I could think of that could go either way are 'It' and 'Misery' - you can find a list of characters created by Stephen King link (if you're really that bored =P).
Dear lord that is a big list.
più di un anno fa Spotty_Vision21 said…
I had a cat that looked like that once. Named it "Blackout"
più di un anno fa renrae said…
laugh
Carrie! Actually, that's not a gender-neutral name... how about Tandy? It's a last name, so it could go either way. Plus, it rhymes with Candy!
più di un anno fa Dearheart said…
big smile
Oooh, I like Tandy! It has a dandy sort of ring to it. ;-)
laugh
Critty Kitty xD get it, Critical Analysis, kitty?... I know, I know, it sucks.
Or maybe, Critter?
più di un anno fa Andolion said…
laugh
I kind of like Tandy....

Dandy Tandy's Candy!
smile
Tandy does sound nice. I also do like to eat candy.
più di un anno fa snoznoodle said…
What about some of those neutral names like Shannon or Jesse? (Does it suit a cat? Well... not really but I can't think of any better ones...)
più di un anno fa germany123 said…
angelic
whats wrong with cat? its very "breakfast at tiffany's"..
or wait is that not as cool as having a stephen king name?
i might not be helping....
più di un anno fa Saul_Mikoliunas said…
Yeah, whats wrong with Cat? I would love to have a cat called cat.
più di un anno fa Cinders said…
"Thandi" (Pronounced TAHN-dy) is Xhosa (South African language) for "Love." Dunno if that had anything to do with you choosing it, renrae. It's also, in South Africa, a girl's name. (I was in a play about South African Apartheid and Thandi was my "daughter", which is how I know this). But I love Thandi (hehe, I love "love"), so that works for me... Even if you want to spell it all English like "Tandy".

And watch it-- my uncle's name is Carrey. ;o)

I don't think the cat needs to be gender neutral. I think we should just find a name that suits the cat, and whether it's a gender-specific name or not, that ought to determine it.

I don't like It or Misery partially because I feel like it does take sides. While Stephen King is the shiznit, his words were pretty harsh. Some Twilighters could take offense. I'm just being careful is all.

"Critter" is cute, though. I like it.

Naming it "Cat" reminds me of Adam the Antichrist naming his hellhound "Dog" in "Good Omens" (novel by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaimon). I know not everyone here has read the book, but believe me that sentence sounds far more serious than the entire book.

But that was interesting, because the dog was supposed to get its purpose from its name-- like "Bloody Shadow" or "He Who Rips the Throats of Mine Enemies" and Adam, (not knowing he's the antichrist or that the dog is his personal hellhound) calls him "Dog." So the hellhound becomes, well, a dog.

Anyways, that digression is over and done with. Here are some names I thought of.

Almost People Names
Sabrina
Luna
Ursula
Max

Names of Stars
Navi
Nashira
Acrux
Betelgeuse (or you could see this as the movie character)

There are more, but I thought I'd stop there. Stars are great names for pets... and characters. Sirius, Regulus and Bellatrix are all star names, for example... *whistles and walks away.*

Other Names
Binx (Yeah, sorry, couldn't resist the Hocus Pocus reference).
Ajax
Loki
Thisbe

(Edited for spelling and grammar).
I love Binx xD Sabrina, and Nashira...
We might as well have a pick soon and just vote on it,
Cinders those names are all great- I don't know if I could decide!
big smile
CARRIE is generally a girl's name. Carrey is usually boy's name. :)

Although I love the name max, it doesn't work for me. Because whenever anyone says that I associate it with Ryan O'Neal, cause of Bones.

I have problems with many names, but that's probably because I got attached to Tandy. Sirius doesn't work, because it makes me nostalgic. :) I like Luna, but that seems rather feminine. I'm trying to be gender neutral, me and my stubborness. Binx is cute. Cat rocks. My votes are on Cat, Binx, or Tandy. Which rhymes with candy. Tandy does. Not Binx or cat. I'm stopping now.
I never suggested Sirius as a name, I just mentioned that Sirius was the name of a star. It's also the dog star, so it would be a poor name for a cat.

If I had to pick three from my own list, I'd pick Binx, Betelgeuse or Loki.

Betelgeuse and Loki I like because the former is a trouble-making ghost, and the latter is the Norse god of mischief. Cats and mischief seem to go well together.
laugh
^^ Is true. My cat ripped up my English assignment once.
più di un anno fa twilight0girl said…
how about it being a male cat and his name being jinxi
più di un anno fa Sweet_Pants said…
big smile
How about Voldemort?
XD, jk, how about 'Fell'?
Thought up another name today-- Crowly.

Or Aziraphale.

Props to whoever gets the reference. ;o)
laugh
I don't get the reference but it sounds extremely familiar... AHA!

.... What's Good Omens?
Alright- we have come up with some great names.
Maybe we should vote soon?
I'll compile a list for you.

Blackout (I think Spots was suggesting it... maybe not)
Carrie
Tandy (or Thandi, the South African word for "love" ;o) )
Critty Kitty
Critter
Shannon
Jesse
Cat
Sabrina
Luna (means moon in Latin)
Ursula
Max
Navi (Star)
Nashira (Star)
Acrux (Star)
Betelgeuse (Mischievous Ghost and a Star)
Binx (or Binks) (Hocus Pocus)
Ajax (Famous Greek hero)
Loki (Norse God of mischief)
Thisbe (Greek for "Lover"; of Pyramus and Thisbe)
Jinxi
Fell
Crowly
Aziraphale

(Yes, I was serious about Crowly and Aziraphale. ;o) )

Did I miss any? If so, speak up, and I'll add them.

I was thinking Christine, if you want to give a nod to Stephen King. Props to those who know the reference and DON'T google (I'm lookin' at you, renrae! ;o) ) Then again, I still feel like tipping our hats to King might be off-putting to serious Twilight fans, as some were offended by his remarks. So I didn't add it to the list.
Thanks!
Alright then: Let the Voting Begin!
Christine..aha! The car. Gotcha.
Also, Betelgeuse can be spelled "Beetlejuice" as that's how it's spelled in the movie. Whatever.

I just got a great idea for a comic strip with the name Betelgeuse now... Playing partially off of Beetlejuice's character. ;o)
tongue
I just needed to remind myself.

I went ahead and put up the picks in forms of rounds of 8 names.
più di un anno fa VMars4ever said…
smirk
I like Critter.
più di un anno fa Myf_1992 said…
My kitty looks like the one in the icon, but unfortunatly her name is Bella, and as an anti i do realise the irony.

I like Binx.
più di un anno fa Roxyrose007 said…
big smile
This is a good message to all the Twilight-obsessed (I like it but I'm not obsessed)
Mascot maybe?
Found on DeviantArt,it's called twilight lolcat.
 This is a good message to all the Twilight-obsessed (I like it but I'm not obsessed) Mascot maybe?
più di un anno fa HecateA said…
HA!
that's us :D

Is voting over? I go for Ajax or Loki. Me and my mythological obsession...

I suggest Tehsaurus just to try to make up for the humiliation Theasauruses everywhere have had to go threw... :( (kidding)