dibattito Before te vote............ (UNCLASSIFIED)

MajorDork74 posted on Jun 23, 2008 at 01:30AM
The Obama Tidal Wave.......

Some of you will recognize the name of Bill Brown. He is a highly
respected retired member of the Billy Graham team. I take his assessment
of Obama very seriously and for that reason accept his challenge to pass
this on I share his concern about the 'rock star' image Obama has and
watch with growing concern at the celebrity status the media has foisted
upon him. I hope this email informs you in a wise way.

We are witnessing a political phenomenon with Barack Obama of rare
magnitude. His speeches have inspired millions and yet most of his
followers have no idea of what he stands for except platitudes of
'Change' or that he says he will be a 'Uniter'. The power of speech from
a charismatic person truly can be a powerful thing; Certainly Billy
Graham had charisma and both his manner of speech and particularly the
content changed millions . On the extreme other hand, the charisma of
Adolph Hitler inspired millions and the results were catastrophic.

Barack Obama certainly is no Hitler or a Billy Graham, but for many
Americans out there feeling just like a surfer who might be ecstatic and
euphoric while riding a tidal wave, the real story is what happens when
it hits shore.

Many people have asked, 'what has Barack Obama actually accomplished to
qualify himself as a candidate for President?'

Here is a list of Barack Hussein Obama's accomplishments:

* He voted against banning partial birth abortion.
* He voted no on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state
abortions.
* Supports affirmative action in Colleges and Government.
* In 2001 he questioned harsh penalties for drug dealing.
* Says he will deal with street level drug dealing as minimum wage
affair.
* Admitted marijuana and cocaine use in high school and in college.
* His religious convictions are very murky.
* He is willing to meet with Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Kim Jung Il and
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
* Has said that one of his first goals after being elected would be to
have a conference with all Muslim nations.
* Opposed the Patriot Act.
* First bill he signed that was passed was campaign finance reform.
* Voted No on prohibiting law suits against gun manufacturers.
* Supports universal health-care.
* Voted yes on providing habeas corpus for Guantanamo detainees.
* Supports granting driver's licenses to illegal immigrants.
* Supports extending welfare to illegal immigrants.
* Voted yes on comprehensive immigration reform.
* Voted yes on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social
Security.
* Wants to make the minimum wage a 'living wage'.
* Voted with Democratic Party 96 percent of 251 votes.
* Opposed to any efforts to Privatize Social Security and instead
supports increasing the amount of tax paid.
* He voted No on repealing the Alternative Minimum Tax
* He voted No on repealing the 'Death' Tax.
* He wants to raise the Capital Gains Tax.
* Has repeatedly said the surge in Iraq has not succeeded.
* He is ranked as the most liberal Senator in the Senate today and that
takes some doing.

If your political choices are consistent with Barack Obama's and you
think that his positions will bring America together or make it a better
place, then you will probably enjoy riding the wave and not passing on
this information.

If you are like most Americans that after examining what he stands for,
are truly not in line with his record, it would be prudent to get off
the wave or better yet, never get on, before it comes on shore and
undermines the very foundations of this great Country.

We have limited time to save America or the Supreme Court as we know it.

Remember...inaction is action.

dibattito 16 risposte

Click here to write a response...
più di un anno fa Cinders said…
Point by point--

"In 2001 he questioned harsh penalties for drug dealing." and "Says he will deal with street level drug dealing as minimum wage affair."-- Obviously we aren't exactly "winning" the drug war. I don't think this is a horrible thing. I'm not for using drugs, but I do think that a lot of effort is wasted on fighting them. Effort that could be directed elsewhere.

"He is willing to meet with Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Kim Jung Il and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad."-- And this is a bad thing... how?

"Has said that one of his first goals after being elected would be to have a conference with all Muslim nations."-- Again... why is this bad?

"Opposed the Patriot Act" and "Supports universal health-care" and "Voted yes on providing habeas corpus for Guantanamo detainees"-- STANDING &%$#ING OVATION!!!

"Wants to make the minimum wage a 'living wage'."-- I agree with this too.

"Voted with Democratic Party 96 percent of 251 votes."-- I recognize this is a republican e-mail, but come oooooooon. *Rolls eyes.* HE'S A BLOODY DEMOCRAT! Who's he supposed to vote with, the libertarians?

"Has repeatedly said the surge in Iraq has not succeeded."-- He's not wrong...

"Most Americans" is a misnomer. I say the nation's pretty equally split. And hell, I'd pass this e-mail on.
più di un anno fa blisslikethis said…
wow, i wasn't sure how i felt about Obama, but after reading that list, i'd probably vote for him. nice one, Major.

you know who else was a charismatic leader whose speeches inspired millions? Jesus. mhmmm.
I love you, wifey.

Love you too, Major. :o)
più di un anno fa mac said…
"Has said that one of his first goals after being elected would be to have a conference with all Muslim nations."-"He is willing to meet with Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Kim Jung Il and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad."-- a recent poll done says most americans agree with these stances. u cant make peace with ur freinds. lots of people say bush is stupid i say he failed kindergarten he never learned ton play with others and solve his problems with words.

* His religious convictions are very murky--
to me this acusastion is outragous he has been a christian for ever belgounded to a church that he was very actvie in until the media made a mountain out of a mole hill of his former pastor's comments (who fucking cares what he says) and the more important this is that even if he did have so called "murky relgious beilfs " it doesnt matter he is running for president not pope.
più di un anno fa lunchboxdude said…
major, I guess you can say goodbye to America. everyone wants to see America fall.
più di un anno fa harold said…
Once again, I'd love to hear your views, MajorDork74. This was clearly lifted from a chain e-mail letter.
più di un anno fa MajorDork74 said…
Well I certainly share these views. I want to save America, not destroy it and that is exactly what Obama wants to do is destroy it. I've heard his speeches and he says nothing very well. So what if it was lifted from a chain letter? I sincerely do not see the U.S.A. surviving if Obama becomes president. There is something very wrong with him.
last edited più di un anno fa
The Iraq surge is a success, Cinders, regardless of what you feel.
What better way to kill America than from within. He's a Muslim who shares the same views with the radicals overseas.
A. just repeating urself is not an argument answer me and cinders points
B. OBAMA IS A CHRISTIAN there is NO EVIDENCE OF HIM EVER BEING A MUSLIM HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN A CHRISTIAN dont u remeber rev.wright.

C. Obama will not destroy america. we have a goverment of laws not of men no man can take down the goverment from osama-bin laden to any polititian sugjesting so is an insult to allof our brave men and women fighting in afganastan and the the war that never should have happened(iraq)

D. what is the somthing very wroung with him. WHAT IS IT?

E.the surge may bring violence down but for only as long as it is in affect. general petraus who was the commander in Iraq when the surge was implmented said himself that the soulution was a political one not a milatary one. so the surge will work until it ends so really it is just a stall

F. OBAMA IS NOT A MUSLIM(link)

G. answer us point by point with reall arugments not inuendo and gossip.

H. "Admitted marijuana and cocaine use in high school and in college." both bush and clintion andmited to so amount of drug use. clinition famously saying "i smoked but did not inhale" and bush has admited to marujana and has been convicted of a dui

I. thats all folks
i think mac pretty much said it all. i'd like to add that even if Obama was a muslim - so what? not all muslims are radicals or terrorists.

in any case, i'd pretty much rather see anyone run America besides another closed-minded, Right wing, fundamentalist Christian. such as my lovely wife. we're bringing sexy back... to the White House. oh yeah.
più di un anno fa DarkSarcasm said…
Wow, I'm glad I refreshed the page before I posted. Bliss took the words right out of my... er, typed reply? Anyway, she said it better. =P

Seriously, though. Haven't we had enough of the traditional rich/white/christian leaders? Lets try something different for a change. How much worse could it possibly get?
*hits 'submit' before going into another religion rant*
Barack Obama was raised and schooled in the Muslim ways. He CLAIMS to have converted to Christianity. It's hard to believe y'all have taken in the lies that Obama has filled your heads with. Saddening. If being open-minded causes your mindset, I am glad I am not, then.
Many of the leaders we've had have been KEEPING US FREE PEOPLE. If I were to totally list all my reasons why I don't trust Obama, you'd play on the 'religion' thing again, but it is even deeper than that.
again Major - SO WHAT if he is Muslim?? which i'm really not at all convinced he is.

i don't think i've ever heard anyone congratulate themselves for being closed-minded before now. i find that disturbing, even from you.

none of us are even really all that adamantly supporting Obama, and you're still quick to jump to conclusions about our "liberal mindsets". all we said was that a)we haven't seen conclusive proof that Obama is Muslim and b)we don't really give a rats ass if he is or he isn't.
link
that is a link to a third party independent group that has found that obama is not and has never been a muslim. and as bliss says if he was who cares.
and again major if u want to coment on our arguments provide some evidence please
So I was raised and schooled in a Muslim country for four years. It's only deepened my understanding of the religion, which, by the way, is no better or worse than Christianity.

Once again: Islamic Radicals are to Islam as the KKK is to Christianity. And you aren't a member of the KKK, Major, are you?

I heart Snopes.Com. Surf it all the time, generally for the Urban Legends content.

Um... I got distracted by food and now I don't remember if I had anything else to say...

Oh! I know! Major: Define "free" and "liberty" for me, would you?