Dir En Grey A DeG idea that will probably get bashed da trolls...

preez_folgive posted on Jun 05, 2011 at 12:18AM
Yes, it's true that Dir en grey has headed in directions that are miles away from their old Visual stuff... but wouldn't it still be nice if they'd throw out some oldies when they did their shows and not just when it's shows in Japan?

I recieved a random message on Myspace about this idea from another Diru fan, I honestly gave it thought, as I also miss the older songs and would enjoy being able to experience them live and in person.

So the idea is to have sorta "print-out-placards" with some old Dir song titles in both Japanese and Romaji/English and print these out and attach them to a piece of cardboard or posterboard and bring them to hold up briefly as the band takes the stage, just long enough for them to look out and see them.

I understand that doing this isn't going to magically make them play the song that very night because obviously it's highly unlikely for a band to play something they haven't already rehearsed and planned, but atleast doing this would get it into their head that it's okay to play these songs and that we'd actually love to hear them again. And even if they don't care, well... it's still trying, right?

So anyway, here are the print-outs.

They're fitted for 8x11 paper and meant to be printed in black ink. Don't ask me for ones with Garden, or Jealous, or I'll or Taiyo no Ao or something else deliberately poppy-sounding that you're only putting out there as some sorta joke. I'm not the one who made these and besides, I don't want to get them laughed off the stage. What's here is still good though and still holds up. If you think this is a good idea, pass it around to other fans... they don't even have to be in America (since if they do it in a country they're playing in before they come here, that increases likelihood they'd do it for here too, right? ^_^)

link
- ZOMBOID

link
- FILTH

link
- GYAKUJOU TANNOU KELOID MILK

link
- MARMALADE CHAINSAW

link
- RED E.M.

link
- DRAIN AWAY

link
- KASUMI

link
- EMBRYO

link
- MUSHI
last edited on Jun 18, 2011 at 12:17AM

Dir En Grey 5 risposte

Click here to write a response...
più di un anno fa preez_folgive said…
Thanks. Maybe you could be so kind as to pass the link to this forum post to other fellow Dir fans that you know would be open to such an idea?
last edited più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa Iheartscene17 said…
I think the idea is great! I'll pass the link around and see what I can do :)
UPDATE: After receiving some "friendly criticism" I think mayhaps the better plan would be to have fans print out the sheets and hand them off to other willing fans in line to keep folded in their pockets to hand off to the band at the after-show CD signing (if there is one, which I would hope there is since there was one for Uroboros when they were doing Rose Trims Again tour). Holding it up while in the audience, even during the bits of down time when nothing's going on, could probably result in the fans behind a person getting pissed off and trying to rip it to shreds, and I don't want anybody getting mad at anyone or fighting with each other.

Oh, and here are some other extras I was given...

link
- 24ko CYLINDER

link
- UNDECIDED

link
- NAMAMEKASHIKI ANSOKU **

link
- THE PLEDGE **

The last two aren't really "old songs" since they're from Marrow of a Bone, but I don't think they played either of them during any non-Japanese concerts yet...
Try and pass the link to this to other Diru fans who might be open-minded enough to try it, and try to get more comments on here too... I appreciate it.
I just got this... leaving it here. Check it out, read it...

link

This is a fan message sheet for the VIP fans to print out and take with them backstage to hand off to the band. Right click, save image, find it, right click again and choose print. Set your printer to "scale to paper" and set your color to "grayscale." Try to pass this around to other fans as much as possible via the link to this forum post...