Principesse Disney Unpopular Disney opinions (confessions)

viktoriya773 posted on Feb 10, 2014 at 11:53PM
Post your unpopular Disney opinion here. Express your opinion about not only DP but Disney in general. Please be respectful about each other's opinions and don't bash someone because of it. Say "I disagree/agree with you because..." I'm sure everyone is mature enough to handle it.

Principesse Disney 810 risposte

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 101-150 of 810

più di un anno fa TheFabulousFAN said…
It makes me sad to see people look at the DPs and say MULAN isn't a princess... because frankly why should being a princess matter...same with Merida "she doesn't even have a prince." Why does she need a prince? Especially when I hear "she can't be a princess she is ugly." Why should it matter what she looks like? Don't anyone dare call me an extreme feminist because I'm not even a regular feminist. Also when people say "Mulan and Merida act like boys." Why must you assign gender roles for them to play. I just hate it when a bratty little kid says that ...and by bratty little kids I mean 13-35 year old men/women here on fanpop. In fact I can only hope Disney adds more regular heroines to the list. tbh disney annoys me a lot but nothing can be perfect. Why can't we all just love all characters regardless. Disney made his movies for entertainment not to cause arguments. I swear sometimes we take the movie to seriously, you can hate a character but don't hate them for stupid reasons..."an argument with out facts, is an argument lost in the face of truth." I'm just so done with taking DPs seriously they are CARTOONS if you take them to seriously it will turn into a 'politically correct' crisis I get it talk about DP problems what it teaches kids...but parents teach their kids not the movie so what does it matter what the characters do? It is what it is. so why bring up arguments that end in something we can't change. What I just wrote made no sense, but I wrote it. You may continue your scrolling.
coolsinger198 commented…
preach olivia!! i was at magic kingdom today and i saw a princess doll set with no Mulan o merida o pocahontas. so i went up to the cashier and i asked her " why arent mulan, pocahontas and merida there?" and she said, "oh they are not offical Disney princesses sorry". why the hell is that woman working at a Disney store if she doesnt know a thing about Disney princesses? oh my gosh im getting a cuore attack just talking about it. più di un anno fa
coolsinger198 commented…
and merida is beautiful!!! più di un anno fa
casserola commented…
"An argument without facts is an argument Lost in the face of truth."I Amore te so much.I assume da arguments te mean arguments about whether a DP should be added to the lineup.That is made up of opinions.There is no fact in there.It is a fact that Merida is part of the lineup but an opinion that she shouldn't be part of the lineup and she should be part of the lineup. più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa Shiki_Otherside said…
hmmm
No one probably thinks this, but it bugs me how Jasmine doesn't have a signature song that she sings mostly by herself.
dclairmont commented…
Yeah, that bugs me too! I'm okay with it, but one definitely would've been nice! I would have loved for her to sing a "I Won't Say I'm In Love" type song o something XD più di un anno fa
MacytheStrange commented…
Me too actually! Even when I was little. più di un anno fa
MissAngelPaws commented…
It alsob bugs me! At least Anna sings Do te Want To Build A Snowman da herself. Elsa only says three words in the song. più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa Danderfluff1 said…
I think John Smith is an awesome character.. I guess this is an unpopular opinion because he's very hated.
I'm not a fan, sorry. But I DO agree that he is really unreasonably hated in some aspects, for instance he always got a lot of voti in the 'Most Heroic Prince' countdown. più di un anno fa
princecatcher93 commented…
He amazing! I may have times where I dislike him but he is really cool. più di un anno fa
shanyuisboss commented…
Ikr? I Amore him! più di un anno fa
MissAngelPaws commented…
I Amore John Smith! più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa prussiaducky said…
I love the movies between Disney's death and The Black Couldron (hated that movie *shivers*), in fact, I love them much more than the renaissance movies
Silverrose1991 commented…
I never really watched these movies. Unless the Aristocats and 101 Dalmatians are two of these? I don't know this timeline very well. più di un anno fa
shanyuisboss commented…
Well, I don't Amore them più then the renassiance, but they are so amazing and underrated. I honestly have all of those Film in my superiore, in alto ten preferito Disney Film except for sword in the stone. più di un anno fa
Tygers_Eye commented…
I just don't like the Black Cauldron because it's an unpleasant movie. The characters aren't very noble o nice, the side characters aren't funny, the "adventure" is not exciting, entertaining, o heroic, the Horned King and his realm and undead army are horrifying, etc. più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa mhs1025 said…
How many of y'all think there should be a bi-racial princess? (You know, half-white/ half-black.)
last edited più di un anno fa
shanyuisboss commented…
I don't mind either way, but it would be cool! più di un anno fa
It would be cool, but I don't care that much because I care più about the character's personality. Sometimes I fear that Disney thinks first of being racial-friendly and making a POC and then adding a personality to this character. I always got the impression they first thought of Tiana as their first black princess and then created her awesome personality. più di un anno fa
TheFabulousFAN commented…
No, why would I need one? I just detto its fine if people want a PoC princess più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa MissAngelPaws said…
I think the Princess and the Frog is an amazing movie! I don't know why it's so underrated. I think it has a great plot, characters and message. It's a really great movie.
Me too! It's actually my preferito Disney Princess movie. più di un anno fa
dclairmont commented…
Yes! I Amore this movie!! più di un anno fa
misscindyspice commented…
I Amore this movie so much like y'all have no idea <3 più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa princecatcher93 said…
I don't want Disney to keep on making movies that bash true love or let the women be free and single. I mean I know that we want everyone to know that if they don't get married they can still be happy right? But does that mean we have to bash the people who do want to get married?
Yeah, I agree. Besides, these thing of "oh, we're making independent, single heroines" isn't as simple as it seems. Because, to be truthful, most of the fanbase later pair them up with someone. Merida? Hiccup. Elsa? Jack Frost o Hans. più di un anno fa
wavesurf commented…
I do feel like the Revival Era films have been used to bash the Classical and Renaissance Era films. più di un anno fa
Sparklefairy375 commented…
^Yep, same. I have no problem for single princesses that doesn't care about love, but please just don't misused them to bash più traditional princesses who believe with true love. più di un anno fa
The only reason I really hate the Little Mermaid 2. It because I hate having to see Ariel being so grown up and a mother...it just made me thing that she's just going to keep on getting older and then she'll die! So then I just go and watch Doctor Who to feel better.
Awww... That's so sad! più di un anno fa
dclairmont commented…
:'( più di un anno fa
wavesurf commented…
I don't like TLM 2 because Melody was even più of a brat than Ariel ever was. It's that simple. più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa viktoriya773 said…
When I was young I use to compare myself to Cinderella and I thought we were so much a like. But it was just cause if the blonde hair and the blue eyes. Looking back I don't know why I liked her so much, at one point she was my favorite princess. It's not like I don't like her, but why did I like her so much?
Cenerentola has a very insping story, and a warm, caring voice that matches her personality nicely. Maybe these were the things that attracted te to her. o maybe it was just the mice. I always cared più for the sidekicks until some time fa ;) più di un anno fa
She still my #1 she just is perfect I have failed to meet a person who hates her (for logical reasons that is) my hair looked liked hers too, she isn't much like me but I feel she is like me....she is just sooooo Amore able :3 più di un anno fa
In some ways I like original Snow Queen book over Frozen remake of it. Maybe because I grew up with it.
 In some ways I like original Snow Queen book over Frozen remake of it. Maybe because I grew up with i
While I didn't grow up with the Snow White, I liked it better then Frozen, because it just seemed to have più whoa to it. più di un anno fa
The movie Frozen SUCKED really hard too, but the original book da Hans Christian Anderson is much better. I these ladies on the cover seem WAY prettier than Anna and Elsa. più di un anno fa
Tygers_Eye commented…
I Amore it way more. I grew up on the 1957 Soviet animated version, which I still love, and I like the original story a great deal. I think there's so much warmth, love, creativity, and potential for a great animated feature, but they chucked it all out for (what I think of as) a rather bland Rapunzel copy. più di un anno fa
I like Hans Christan Anderson's Original version of The Little Mermaid, the Mermaid seems much nicer in that one, and if she is just as bad as Ariel she gets to DIE! MUHAHAHA!
CRaZy_rawR commented…
Uh.. più di un anno fa
viktoriya773 commented…
It's too depressing for me. I like the happy ending more. più di un anno fa
I agree if the Mermaid seems to be a bit nicer than Ariel, but yeah like others detto the Andersen's story of Little Mermaid is too dark and depressing. più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa ArielandEric16 said…
I don't find Ariel to be selfish at all and I'm not saying that just because she's my favorite DP. I mean yeah she did go to Ursula and she did become human to be with Eric, but she wanted to be human way before she even seen Eric. In "Part of Your World" she sings about her collection and becoming human. Her father went into her grotto and destroyed her collection. If one of my parents were to come into my room and destroy all my stuff, I would be pretty upset too. If Flotsam and Jetsam hadn't of been watching her, she probably wouldn't even have gone to Ursula. She also talks about going to see Eric as a mermaid right before Sebastian begins singing "Under the Sea".
Yah but she is still inconsiderate, foolish, stupid...she endangers the entire ocean but doesn't ever once say sorry, o thank te to Sebastian she doesn't learn any lesson because gets EXACTLY what she wants...plus 'part of te world' is basically saying "I have all this stuff but no, I want more." I get it she is your preferito so te aren't judging her logically but still realize her Mistakes and Flaws te can still like her just except she is a spoiled brat and sposta on with her life. più di un anno fa
I think people blame Ariel for being manipulated way too much. However, she was a bit selfish when she forgot about the concerto and went exploring. Apart from that, I don't find her selfish. più di un anno fa
Yes she shown some interest to human things, but her passionate changes after she met Eric. She drastically change her main goal from to live in wonderful human world to be together with Eric. And also, Part of Your World scenes are happens before Ariel met Eric. più di un anno fa
I liked The Little Mermaid 2 and Melody is a good character, better than Ariel in some ways.
324anna commented…
Yes yes yes! I guess Eric was a very good father, because it's impossible for me to believe that Ariel made such a good daugther. più di un anno fa
wavesurf commented…
I disagree. Melody is so openly nasty to Ariel, and is far più disrespectful to Ariel and to Eric, than Ariel ever was to King Triton. Melody is a true brat. più di un anno fa
^No, she's not a brat. Ariel is way worse than her. At least Melody trying to be a good daughter while Ariel not. più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa cuteasprincie said…
I wanna kill that Prince Hans from Frozen (maybe the spelling's correct!)That bastard broke Anna's true love and trust for him!
324anna commented…
I agree! Die Hans die! più di un anno fa
MalloMar commented…
Agreed... più di un anno fa
coolsinger198 commented…
XD olivia wow! più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa snsdlover4ever said…
I don't know why, but I mostly find the supporting characters more interesting than the main characters in Disney Princess films. It's always been like that for me. I found Mushu to be my favorite character in Mulan, Olaf in Frozen, Jacq and Gus in Cinderella, Sebastian in The Little Mermaid, etc. I have no idea if that's a problem, though.
viktoriya773 commented…
No that's cool :) I liked Sebastian più than Ariel too più di un anno fa
Tygers_Eye commented…
I liked them best when I was younger, and it's still kind of the same for all but my superiore, in alto five princesses. I think they're allowed to have più quirks, flaws, and personality than the princesses. (Who are supposed to be role modelle but also "relateable" to all girls.) più di un anno fa
Tygers_Eye commented…
That's not to say I think the classic princesses are literally blank slates, but I think Disney deliberately kept their interests, ambitions, etc. vaguely defined so girls could relate too. It's hard for young girls to relate to Tiana wanting a restaurant because most of us don't want a restaurant. But Cenerentola wanting "the dream that she wishes" to come true? Much più relateable. I think it's the same with the latest princesses. Everyone is saying how they relate to Elsa and Anna because the two girls don't have very strongly defined personalities o ambitions; just vague ones (reserved and refined versus awkward and clumsy) and vague wishes (to hide o "let go" something about herself she doesn't think society will accept versus wanting to Amore and be loved). più di un anno fa
I want Moana to not have a love interest, and to rather end up being best buddies with the lead male protagonist (if there is one). I just want Disney to show that boys and girls could be best friends with nothing romantic about it, and for girls and boys that are friends to not feel awkward because society pressures them to date or whatever other crap.

Also, it's just a refreshing change to see a friendship that is strong through a chunk of the movie.

I also want Moana to have super short hair, I think it would be cute :)
CRaZy_rawR commented…
I agree! I kinda want a Amore interest too doe. più di un anno fa
^Haha, right! più di un anno fa
MalloMar commented…
I Amore that some of this ended up being real! più di un anno fa
I don't like the idea of ending up just friend. It would just feel like a disappointment when they go on journeys and we expect them to fall in love and end up with each other... Disney has been doing this for so long it's hard to see something else happen. It's better if it's no guy at all, or a brother.
Tygers_Eye commented…
I personally think the fact that Disney has been doing this so long is exactly why they need to change things up. più di un anno fa
Tygers_Eye commented…
I personally get so tired of the main guy and girl in a film *always* ending up together. To me, it spreads this idea that guys and girls are incapable of caring about each other without adding romance o sex, which just makes it harder for real people with Friends of the opposite gender since everyone around them thinks there *must* be something more. più di un anno fa
Tygers_Eye commented…
If we just remained complacent and kept mostrare audiences the same story elements because it's what they just came to expect, we'd still have basically all male Heroes where the few women in the story exist just to be rescued da o end up with him, and the few heroines' entire story was basically how she ended up with o was screwed over da some guy. We wouldn't have pushed for the engaging, developed, complex female leads and stories therein we have today. più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa cuteasprincie said…
OK so will Disney declare both Anna and Elsa as Disney Princesses or just one of them?If they make both of them,then it would make DPs 13!
prussiaducky commented…
Yeah both of them will be coronated later this anno o early successivo anno :) più di un anno fa
Both. 13 is one of my preferito numbers, actually! più di un anno fa
Yeah, 13 is my preferito number! ...Not sure why. più di un anno fa
I want a DP to start off a crazy cat girl. Because I'm a crazy cat girl.
What's a crazy cat girl? più di un anno fa
Someone who has a bunch of Gatti and just pets them and talks to them all day. più di un anno fa
324anna commented…
Yeahh that would be awesome! più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa Silverrose1991 said…
Honestly, I can't understand how Snow White's voice is annoying in any way imaginable. I think it's perfectly lovely!
CRaZy_rawR commented…
It is purty. :3 più di un anno fa
viktoriya773 commented…
Her Canto voice irritates me... Sorry più di un anno fa
324anna commented…
Snow white's Canto voice is my least favourite, but I still like her and I definitely don't find her voice annoying. I actually admire her for being able to sing such high notes. più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa coolsinger198 said…
Rapunzel has a really amazing signing voice in my opinion. Its just so nice to hear her sing. Mandy Moore is a very talented singer.

Did u hear that Angelina may be a DP in 2016 for the movie Giants? If she will be, what do u want her personality to be like? I heard that two boys Jack and Marco like her so maybe she will be a little sassy and sarcastic cuz she doesnt want men fighthing over her.
viktoriya773 commented…
I like her voice too :) she's a good singer too più di un anno fa
I like Mandy Moore too, even if she is one of my least preferito DP singers. She just lacks that special something that makes her stand out for me. più di un anno fa
coolsinger198 commented…
i dont consider gelsomino spoiled. più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa CRaZy_rawR said…
Anna has my favorite singing voice of the DPs. ♥♥
I Amore her voice too! Probably my sixth favorite. più di un anno fa
Well, it's my least preferito Canto voice, but I really like it. più di un anno fa
dclairmont commented…
Same as Macy :) più di un anno fa
As much as I would like to see Frozen win Disney's First Oscar, I don't think it would have earned it next to the other films. It's kind of like putting D1 next to the Beetles and asking which one is better? Also I find a lot of the Frozen fans really rude right now because of the Oscars (Which is why I really want to see it lose so I can hear and see them bawl) because they said about the Wind Rise (Pretty sure I have the wrong title but oh well) that the Japs should just stay where they are and not get in the way of true greatest.
viktoriya773 commented…
*The Wind Rises. Have te seen it? più di un anno fa
viktoriya773 commented…
I'm sure that those rude Frozen fan did not. The Japs? Really? I enjoyed both, and I wish people would not hate. Frozen was più fun to watch. It had Olaph, and he was funny at times. "Let it go" was a good song but the only one I really cared about. Kaze Tachinu (wind rises) had AMAZING animation. Great sound tracks. Better romance and emotions were portrayed better overall. The themes were più mature and not cliche. Personally, I think Kaze should win an Oscar because despite it being not too interesting at some parts, it didn't have about a million flaws that Frozen did. And people need to appreciate Japanese (and foreign films in general) because America is not the only country that makes good animated films. più di un anno fa
viktoriya773 commented…
I know Hayao Miyazaki is not only Japnese director who can direst an amazing animated movie. One of my absolute fave Japnese films "Wolf Children" was created in 2012, the same anno Ribelle - The Brave won an Oscar. I would compare those two, and lupo Chidren is way superior. Anyway, there are directors like Momura Hosoda, Satoshi Kon, Makoto Shnkai that can make as films (if not better ones) than Miyazaki. più di un anno fa
I don't find Anna annoying
coolsinger198 commented…
i feel she can be annoying sometimes, but she is very adorable and cute. she is definetely not annoying all the time. più di un anno fa
prussiaducky commented…
Everyone is all "UGh Anna is so annoying" even people who claim they never found her annoying. It seems as if evey single person on this club feels she is annoying più di un anno fa
CRaZy_rawR commented…
Me either! più di un anno fa
I can't believe that Brave won an Oscar over Wreak It Ralf! Ralf was soo much better!
Persephone713 commented…
I AGREE completely. I think Frankenweenie was better than Ribelle - The Brave as well. I was hoping Ralph o Frankenweenie would win, most people were disappointed last year. più di un anno fa
CRaZy_rawR commented…
Wreck it Ralph is very good. Ribelle - The Brave is too, but WiR should have gotten, but I'm happy for any Disney movie that wins. :3 più di un anno fa
I agree. Wreck it Ralph is way più unique and sweet than Ribelle - The Brave was. It won an Oscar because it's Pixar, and in Oscar Pixar is always pretended to be far superior than Disney. più di un anno fa
I really don't see how Anna and Elsa are so sassy as everyone makes them out to be...I find Aurora to be sassier.
Aurora? Lol. find Anna slightly sassy, not as much as Snow White, though. Elsa isn't sassy, imo. più di un anno fa
AudreyFreak commented…
some dumb articolo actually called Elsa feisty (along with Anna). Anna is... a bit feisty when she's mad, but ELSA? REALLY?? Hahaha. She's so unassertive and gentle! più di un anno fa
MissAngelPaws commented…
I've heard someone calling Elsa sassy once, but not Anna. I personally think Aurora is the sassiest Disney Princess. più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa Persephone713 said…
hmmm
Ariel is not selfish- she is an ordinary teenager who wants more out of life, and chases a dream. I think people are seriously confusing " selfish" with being impulsive and naive- which when you want something or are in love you often can be those things, but there is nothing wrong with that. Selfish is a very bad thing to be- people in general are not selfish ( look at what Happened to Beast, or look at the lesson Mr.Banks had to learn in Mary Poppins). Ariel also cares deeply about her family- so I often feel when people back up there reasons for hating Ariel - you guys are using reasons that can be proven wrong by watching the movie, cause its clear that she cares about her Father and Sisters. Her Sisters even understand that she is in love- Triton also admits it was part his fault and he could have been more understanding. In the end she did something that took alot of guts- she ended a prejudice between merpeople and humans. So in the end using the word Selfish for Ariel is just not the right word. Impulsive is more like it. But we are all guilty of being impulsive.
Tbh, I don't think she's selfish either. She was forgetful about the concert, but I don't think she pursuing her dream was selfish. Triton was a horrible parent who was prejudiced and didn't support his daughter's dreams. Heck, he even broke her stuff, and that was pretty important for her. People condemn her for calling Ursula "you monster!" and whatnot, but she's right: Ursula is a monster. She took advantage of several young merpeople's dreams to manipulate them. I believe her apology was sincere. Sure, the movie should have done a better job with it. And te know what? I never saw anyone saying Triton needed to apologize, and imo, he did. If Ariel was selfish, he was too. Rant Over. più di un anno fa
wavesurf commented…
I still don't agree with Reality Chick's vitriolic tirade ( I think she's mean-spirited and sucks, and needs to lcome up with fewer phony arguments). I also think the Ariel haters are out of hand in this club. più di un anno fa
Well yeah, a lot of Ariel fan would constantly defend her when anyone detto some criticism towards her. They would still detto that Ariel is underrated, getting most hate compared to others, caring, selfless, ah whatever. But not for me, really. più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa Silverrose1991 said…
I don't think Snow White is shy.
CRaZy_rawR commented…
Nahh. I don't think she is either. più di un anno fa
Nope she is the least shy out of all of the Classics I would say. più di un anno fa
MissAngelPaws commented…
She's definitely not shy! Yes, she ran away from the Prince when she first saw him but that was only because she was embarassed. I wouldn't blame her though. I would do the same thing if a cute guy sees me in some dirty clothes. She gets along with the animali and dwarfs really well. più di un anno fa
Paperman is not 2D animation nor is it close to 2D animation and I wish that disney would start making plain old 2D animation.
Tygers_Eye commented…
It's not hand-drawn animation, certainly. I still don't fully understand the mechanics behind it, but it's it computer-generated? Not hand-drawn immagini put to paper, cels, ink and paint, but computer-generated immagini just meant to look 2D instead of 3D? più di un anno fa
MalloMar commented…
Not an opinion, but thanks for sharing. it's actually both cgi and handdrawn. This video explains it, but te may not be interested since te hated Paperman so much. link più di un anno fa
Sometimes I wish Walt Disney never made Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, that way I wouldn't have to deal with all the Drama about what movie, animation, character, song is the best or if a character is this or that. Everything just stressed me out.
Don't say that, Linnea! We need Disney in our lives! più di un anno fa
^I know it's just my life as been getting stressful because of this place, my parents are worried about me. più di un anno fa
winterina commented…
Why is that funny to me più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa zikkiforever said…
I think people should stop comparing Ariel to Merida. They are nothing like and neither are selfish. They are young and don't know wha they want to do in life yet, so they try out something new, which many people do. People call it selfish I call it relatable. Rebellious teenagers are basically this generation. It they are all prim and proper I would hate them.

Plus, I wish people would stop saying Merida needs more love. She did, but now Merida is getting so much love. She is getting really overrated and Ariel is going under. Merida got quite a lot of love recently and now I only see 1 or 2 with Ariel in their top 6. You can't compare a characters saying they like each other and say they have the same personality and everything then have 1 at 13 and the other at 1.
euny commented…
I agree. più di un anno fa
MalloMar commented…
Nicely said, Meg! Thank you! più di un anno fa
shanyuisboss commented…
Exactly più di un anno fa
Disney is not my favorite animation studio. I fact, I don't have one. I think all studios have their own unique way of story telling, and I don't like to choose better which studio I like more.
Disney is my preferito animazione studio. In fact, it's my preferito Film studio. più di un anno fa
viktoriya773 commented…
I don't know about movie studio. I feel like animated and live action Film should be separated. Like Harry Potter is great in live action and would not be an batter if animated. But yeah, I believe Disney is not the the only company that can make good animation. più di un anno fa
viktoriya773 commented…
^That's true and I agree. The Lion King, Lilo and Stitch, Beauty and the Beast ane Bambi are fantastic movie. I also adore dreamworks my preferiti Shrek, Ice Age and Madagascar. Then there are Anime movie with tons of diffrent varieties. An environmental blockbuster Princess Mononoke, mystery/thriller Perfect Blue, o best coming o age movie lupo Chidren. Most intense and dramatic Film only 40 minuti like Garden of Words. più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa MalloMar said…
smile
I really like Pocahontas' smile.
I never paid much attention to it. più di un anno fa
CRaZy_rawR commented…
Me too! più di un anno fa
MalloMar commented…
^Ha! più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa hajirah4 said…
I find it interesting how a specific DP movie has become really popular, and then when the newer, more appealing movie (to younger audiences) come out, the first movie gets foreshadowed. It really reminds us of the audience they target, and how pop culture can change drastically in only a few years. However, I'm very skeptical on wether or not this will happen with Moana as well.
Yeah... I'm not sure if Moana o Giants will overshadow Frozen. più di un anno fa
MalloMar commented…
I REALLY hope Moana doesn't have that modern feel to it. With the slang and jokes. più di un anno fa
MissAngelPaws commented…
I agree, but I don't think I'll like Moana più than Frozen, but it might make it in my superiore, in alto 5 since I'm really interested in Hawaiian mythology. più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa hajirah4 said…
I've watched Aladdin, BatB, and other movies of the renaissance (whcih use CGI) quite often. Whenever somebody says that the scenes of those movies which have CGI look really terrible, I can't help but search up those specific scenes. In the end, I don't find anything wrong witht he animation. They look very well, a lot of time they just use it to make the places look more grandios, which can be better hit by making it look realistic. If they used hand-drawn animation to achieve that, they would need a lot of more shadowing, etc... to achieve that. Thus, they use CGI. So whever somebody says the CGI looks terrible, I assume they're overreacting. Or more respectively, just don't look at the CGI clearly enough/put enough thought into it. I've never seen anything wrong witht he way Disney clashed CGI and haddrawn animation together sometimes.
Eh, I think it looks terrible (not in BatB, though). But I understand why they used it. più di un anno fa
Yeah, most of the time it doesn't look bad at all. It at least looks better than the CGI in non-Disney animated movies. più di un anno fa
shanyuisboss commented…
YES più di un anno fa
As each day goes on I find Elsa to becoming more and more overrated by the second. If Frozen is "Overrated" Elsa is PAST OVERRATED! She's mainly the reason I find Frozen to be Overrated now.
Danderfluff1 commented…
That's a pretty popolare opinion (IMO).. I find her overrated too, but I still like her. più di un anno fa
^It becoming one but with the Elsa Fandom it's like saying killing Mickey topo, mouse is fine. più di un anno fa
AudreyFreak commented…
^well, it sure is on places like tumblr and imdb, where her fandom is biggest. più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa AudreyFreak said…
Sorry this is OT but is this happening to anyone else? I keep trying to thumbs-up people's comments and it doesnt work, it just takes me right up to the top of the page.
That happened with a couple of people. te have to switch browsers, that's what I have been told. più di un anno fa
324anna commented…
It happened to me. Change your browser. più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa AudreyFreak said…
I HATE how Disney keeps slapping their own true love trope upside the face. that sounds so ungrateful to me. fairy tales and romantic love are what made Disney as loved and successive as it is to this day. it also just sounds cynical and bitter. they seem to think this is what audiences want for some reason, but most of us don't, like little girls, who mostly love that love at first sight stuff. Why do ALL relationships need to be modernized? I'm sick of the whole "opposites attractive" thing where the Manic Pixie Dreamgirl slowly makes the grouchy cynic guy fall in love with her.
Tygers_Eye commented…
Agreed on the Manic Pixie Dream Girl making the grouchy cynical guy fall in Amore with her. It still pushes the whole "love is the most important thing" trope that cynics like me actually have a problem with (I like when romance is just the optional ciliegia on top, like Mulan simply inviting Shang for cena after she's saved China, brought honor to her family, and proved her worth), only now romance is not about making her life better, it's about HER making someone else's life better. Suddenly it's her job to "fix" a damaged guy. I'm not for it. =/ più di un anno fa
shanyuisboss commented…
Completely agree più di un anno fa
prussiaducky commented…
And that means each other, not just the prince. più di un anno fa
I've been seeing Pocahontas and Mulan on more merchandise lately. They should've done that a long time ago.
CRaZy_rawR commented…
Really?! *dies* più di un anno fa
MalloMar commented…
That's awesome! più di un anno fa
MissAngelPaws commented…
That's great! I'm glad they're getting a little più attention. più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa UltimateQueen said…
I don't like CGI at all.
viktoriya773 commented…
Even in cases like the ball scene in BATB? più di un anno fa
UltimateQueen commented…
Yeah, even in Tarzan (my fave movie) I just didn't like it. It was cool but not my cup of tea. più di un anno fa
CRaZy_rawR commented…
I Amore CGI.. più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa purplerose17 said…
I like CGI more than hand drawn animation. *hides*
The sheer DETAIL of it blows me away. I love how real everything looks and it makes me feel like I'm really in the world that the characters are in.
viktoriya773 commented…
I think good hand drawn animazione can do the same thing. Hand drawn can have as much detail as CGI. Every Miyazaki/Ghibli movie ever. più di un anno fa
It's più of a tie for me, but I appreciate the beauty in both. :3 più di un anno fa
If we talk about animazione detailing, yes CGI is the best! più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa shanyuisboss said…
Okay, no offense but I feel like people kind of over exaggerate about Smow White eing bossy. I mean, they act like she is the queen of sass from all the DPs and that she is this extremely manipulative person. I mean come on, she isn't that sassy or bossy. I see her as more motherly and lovable rather then sassy. She is, don't get me wrong, but people kind of act like she is the queen of sass
viktoriya773 commented…
Who are te talking about? più di un anno fa
I see Snow White as all of these things. I think she is bossy, sassy and manipulative, but I also think she's motherly and lovable. A good character has many personality traits. più di un anno fa
No, she's not bossy. Maybe a little. But she only act like that to the dwarves. She act like she's their mother. più di un anno fa
As much as I love CGI animation, I really miss hand-drawn animation.
MalloMar commented…
For sure! più di un anno fa
UltimateQueen commented…
Yes! più di un anno fa
Agreed più di un anno fa
People still say that the classic princesses are really underrated, but they're not. They've been getting a lot of love lately and they're becoming more overrated.
Agreed. più di un anno fa
324anna commented…
I had never really thought of that, I guess you're right, but I don't think they're overrated. più di un anno fa
They're never been overrated, even in Fanpop. All I see they're just getting più Amore and they're well-rated here. più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa 324anna said…
I would like to see a Tangled 2 (a whole movie, not just a small video), because I believe that it would be interesting to see Eugene and Rapunzel's life after marriage.
CRaZy_rawR commented…
Yes! più di un anno fa
MissAngelPaws commented…
Yes! That would be great! più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa shanyuisboss said…
I'd love to see a movie where one of the main characters dies. I love movies with sad endings, it's so beautiful. Of course, happy endings are always great as well, but I think it would be a great change if they did that. It's what I loved about Pocahontas, the ending was sad but beautiful. She didn't end up with her true love, but it ended in a beautiful way. That movie may not be something kids under 11 would appeal to, but Disney can for once make a movie that's animated, beautifully sad, and still has that Disney touch.
MalloMar commented…
I agree! I'll admit I have a soft spot for tragedies. più di un anno fa
Danderfluff1 commented…
Me too. più di un anno fa
Me too! I used to make up characters for libri I wrote (not really) and they almost always died at the end and didn't come back. I just finnd tragic endings to be più powerful and beautiful, più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa Danderfluff1 said…
Most people hate Esmeralda/Phoebus as a couple, but I love them.
CRaZy_rawR commented…
I don't like them as a couple.. più di un anno fa
MalloMar commented…
People hate them as a couple? I've never heard that. I'm neutral, but I didn't know that. :O più di un anno fa
CRaZy_rawR commented…
I didn't want Quasi and Esme to be a couple either. XD più di un anno fa
I like the Classic Hand Drawn Animation over the Newer (Renaissance Era) Hand Drawn. The Classic has a moving painting feel to it (Which really wows me) while the Renaissance has a movie feel to it well I don't know how to put it.
Yeah, I kind of agree. It has più charm. I mean, I'm not sayinc Classic Hand-Drawn is always better, but I don't like it when people say "the classic animazione can't be good as the new. Face the truth". My preferito animazione is Sleeping Beauty, and the secondo is either Cinderella, BatB o TPatF - I'm still deciding. più di un anno fa
324anna commented…
To be honest, I don't completely understand you. più di un anno fa
CRaZy_rawR commented…
I like SB's animazione più than most of the Renaissance. All except Pocahontas and Mulan. :3 più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa 324anna said…
I don't find Esmeralda's dancing scene so bad as everybody says. She wears more clothes than Jasmine does. I believe that the whole pole dancing thing isn't a big deal and about the flirt with Frollo, I can't understand why nobody takes seriously Jasmine's kiss with Jafar. Esmeralda was just making fun of Frollo, she was just playful, funny and sexy. Jassy KISSED Jafar, while she could just say "Hey look there, what's that?" to distract his attention and help Aladdin. I don't have any problem with Jasmine, I'm just trying to be fair.
prussiaducky commented…
Yeah tbh there isn't a real problem with it, I actually like that yet exposed that many gypsies had to perform their way to getting a meal, which really hits home più di un anno fa
CRaZy_rawR commented…
I agree, though I don't really see THAT bad of complaining about it. più di un anno fa
324anna commented…
If te ask 5 people about their opinion on Esmeralda the 4 of them will definitely mention the pole dancing and the flirt with Frollo. She gets so much hate for these actions for no particular reason so it's bad imo. più di un anno fa
Maybe because Esme did più rather than just kissing? Like flirting o something like that? While gelsomino just kissed the villain once. più di un anno fa
It bothers me when people describe Mulan as clumsy. She is not clumsy! She tries to do the best she can.
MalloMar commented…
...She is, though. She runs into popele, she trips, she drops things, eetc. I actually Amore her clumsiness. I'll agree that she tries her best. più di un anno fa
Tygers_Eye commented…
^ ? I just detto she started off as clumsy but grows out of it (and gave specific examples), not that she's completely flawless. più di un anno fa
She's really clumsy at the beginning of the movie. She cheats, act so awkwardly when she trying to impress matchmaker, that's why she was clusmy. più di un anno fa