Fable Rumours and info

knifewrench posted on Apr 21, 2008 at 06:43PM
This is the forum topic for talking about.... well.... rumours and new information related to Fable or Lionhead!
last edited on Apr 21, 2008 at 07:50PM

Fable 12 risposte

Click here to write a response...
più di un anno fa knifewrench said…
I've heard some rumours about the release date of Fable 2. Kapelut1343 from YouTube said this:

"I had info that you can pre-order fable 2 in October 1, 2008 and that the game will be coming out on November 2008 and that in the east will be getting their game sooner, September 2008"

Woo, go us east- wait.... How east is he talking? If Japan gets Fable 2 before Britain I'm gonna be funkin' cheesed of. I mean, Lionhead is based in Guildford, which is half-an-hour's drive from where I live, and some dude in Japan is getting it before me?

I funking hope not.
last edited più di un anno fa
I don't know if it is accidental but a few times I've heard PM mentioning bows and arrows when listing weapons. Meaning it is possible that guns haven't completely taken over ranged combat.

Mr Molyneux has also mentioned that Fable 2 will be released at 4:30 AM (but still no release date). Rather useless information but there we go.
I'm sure this is a(nother) completely useless piece of information, but in the Fable 2 trailer I heard someone whispering "There's someone here". I never noticed it before....

Yup, seems pointless, but I had to turn my sound up rather high to hear it. I'm guessing it's a clue to something in Fable 2. Why else would they make it so hard to hear? But what does it mean? Ah the confusion of it all......
I definitely think Fable 2 will have online co-op.

I was just browsing through ByronicHero7s videos, and in the comments page I noticed this little conversation:

BountyOfChaos: Hey Byronic, you know if you can marry other people online?

Rob3rt00: No, unfortunatly it's probably only gonna be couch coop (meaning you play with a friend via system link)It probabably wont be playable through xbox live (95% it wont)

PavilionGear: well if you look at the GDC 08 of fable 2 at the start when the second player comes in he has rep which is only on live... and the only way to get your account onto your friends 360 is live... so there must be some live play

Along with this, Peter is TERRIBLE at lying/keeping secrets, when someone asked him if there was online play, he just couldn't hide it; he was saying stuff like "now wouldn't that be fantastic :)" and "I would love to tell you about that :)"

^^The smiley faces indicate PM's cheeky grin which he displayed while saying these things.

I also think that PvP will feature in combat because - yet again - PM really can't hide things from us. When someone said "what are you going to do about players who just want to hit each other?" he replied with "um, we're not talking about PvP at the moment"
From the more recent interviews and stuff it seems that the fourth feature is online co-op. Although it hasn't been mentioned whether or not Fable 2 is going to come out on the PC, which is driving me nuts.

_______

I got confirmation from a guy at GAME (a video game store) that Fable 2 will be on the PC format, but quite a while after the Xbox 360.
più di un anno fa Ratdog said…
I'm just so excited about getting a dog!!! Apparently the AI is amazing. Also, I know they need guns to help it progress in time, but they will be rather weak and there will still be bows for ranged combat =] The only dates I've found for release, on the Xbox 360, is 30th November or 31st October 2008. Also, did you know you can choose to be a male or female Hero?! And you can get pregnant and have children. Ooh, I'm all giddy!
A real release date for Fable 2? Where did you find that out?

And yeah, it's great that you can choose to be either a male or female character, I'm sure a lot of female gamers will be pleased with Peter Molyneux's decision to put that feature in.
più di un anno fa Ratdog said…
The dates are off Amazon.co.uk and Play.com. They could change again, seeing as they have done in the past, but I'm hoping for the best (fingers crossed). As a female gamer I am really pleased with the features in this game. I can't wait to play my favourite RPG as a woman =]
Skin-colour changing has been confirmed: link
Found an interesting little bit of info from a Fable 2 preview on GayGamer.net (link)

"And speaking of the original, I happened to find a treasure chest in one portion of the game that wouldn't open. A dialogue box popped up that said "Find out how to access the gold and treasure of your ancestors" and pointed me to a URL. Does this mean you will be able to use your original Fable game save to get extra treasure (provided that saved game is actually on your 360)? We will see when Fable II launches exclusively on the Xbox 360 on October 21."
Interesting stuff regarding Limited Edition bonuses:

" Limited Collector's Edition will be available through participating retailers, which will include a bonus DVD with a "Making Of" video and concept art, a "nasty, brutish and short" collectible Hobbe figure, five printed Fate cards, and for gamers with an Xbox Live account, a 48-hour Xbox Live trial card and bonus in-game content, including "The Hall of the Dead" dungeon, a Legendary Cutlass known as "The Wreckager," and an "Otherworldly Bonus" - which, if pre-release images are to be believed, may in fact be a Fable version of Master Chief."
Master Chief and Energy Sword features have been confirmed.

There are rumours of duel wielding.