fanpop Users Lunch?

harold posted on Aug 02, 2007 at 06:54AM
So, for a while I've been thinking that there are a bunch of other fanpop users in my area, and have been thinking about how other types of users gather into User Groups for periodic social gatherings. I mean, twenty years ago (gasp!) friends I'd made online and I would gather for the occasional pizza, our link being our favorite bulletin board systems. I thought about it when I had lunch with the guys earlier this year, and the idea started to solidify seeing the link: why don't we have our own Fanpop regional gatherings?

In the end, I waited to suggest the idea until we officially hit the anniversary. Now that we're here, why don't try a get-together? Nothing unsafe, of course: just an open invitation to meet at a public restaurant and get to attach a face to a profile image (or series of images).

Of course, we as users are scattered all over the world, so it's up to people in different regions to decide whether they want to meet the people near them or not. In many cases (particularly in the UK), I get the sense that many of you already know each other, so it shouldn't be too difficult for those.

But I'll start by suggesting that I will be having lunch on Wednesday in two weeks' time at Cafe Borrone (shown in the picture) in Menlo Park starting at 11:00, and if any fanpop users would care to get together, great!

fanpop Users 35 risposte

Click here to write a response...
You've gone too far. Reloading last forum page...