Fullmetal Alchemist Amestris' Destruction (Rp of the Original 2003 anime)

Aigomiko posted on Jun 27, 2014 at 04:42AM
Alchemy: the ancient metaphysical science/mystical art of manipulating and altering matter by using natural energy. This act is known as "Transmutation" and its sequence is usually described as:

Comprehension - Understanding the inherent structure and properties of the atomic or molecular makeup of a particular material to be transmuted, including the flow and balance of potential and kinetic energy within.
Deconstruction - Using energy to break down the physical structure of the identified material into a more malleable state so as to be easily reshaped into a new form.
Reconstruction - Continuing the flow of energy so as to reform the material into a new shape.
The proper application of this craft requires not only a full understanding of chemistry and ancient alchemical theory, but also a sort of natural talent towards recognizing and manipulating the physical objects with energy, which require uncommon levels of intelligence and aptitude. Those remarkable individuals capable of studying and practicing alchemy are known as "Alchemists".

There are many paths by which alchemists can transmute the various substances of the world, with some alchemists being said to transmute by way of the Four Classical Elements (Water, Earth, Fire and Air) and some by way of the Three Essential Principles (salt, sulfur and mercury), but the basic tenet at the very foundation of all alchemy is that of Equivalent Exchange.

Equivalent Exchange:

The mystical practice of alchemy to create objects out of raw matter or turn one object into another is widely believed to be capable of anything - indeed alchemy is often viewed as magical or miraculous by those unfamiliar with the craft - but it is a science and as such is subject to certain laws and limitations, all of which fall under the concept of Equivalent Exchange: "In order to obtain or create something, something of equal value must be lost or destroyed."
In standard practice, Equivalent Exchange is separated into two parts:

The Law of Conservation of Mass-

which states that energy and matter can neither be created from nothing nor destroyed to the point of elemental nonexistence. In other words, to create an object weighing one kilogram, at least one kilogram of material is necessary and destroying an object weighing one kilogram would reduce it to a set of parts, the sum of which would weigh one kilogram.

The Law of Natural Providence-

which states that an object or material made of a particular substance or element can only be transmuted into another object with the same basic makeup and properties of that initial material. In other words, an object or material made mostly of water can only be transmuted into another object with the attributes of water.

Rebound

Since the alchemical forces being manipulated are not human in origin, but of the world as a whole, the consequences for attempting to bypass the Law of Equivalent Exchange in transmutation are not merely failure and cessation. When too much is attempted out of too little, what occurs is called a Rebound, in which the alchemical forces that are thrown out of balance on either side of the equation fluctuate wildly of their own accord in order to stabilize themselves - taking or giving more than was intended in often unpredictable and catastrophic ways such as accidental mutation, serious injury or death.

Transmutation Circle

In order to begin an alchemical transmutation, a symbol called a Transmutation Circle is necessary. A Transmutation Circle can either be drawn on the spot when a transmutation is necessary (in chalk, pencil, ink, paint, blood or even traced in dirt) or permanently etched or inscribed beforehand, but without it, transmutation is generally impossible.

Human Transmutation

Unfortunately, these experiments have given birth to a dark and sinister side of alchemy. Whether out of despair, malice or inquisitive hubris, several alchemists have been known to attempt the application of transmutation to human bodies and souls, in essence, playing god with human lives. But, just as the Law of Equivalent Exchange applies to the transmutation of non-living matter, devastating rebounds can occur in Human Transmutation because human lives and souls are priceless according to the flow of the world.

Races

Human- the dominant beings on the planet Earth and comprise most of its animal population. In addition to being the only life forms capable of using tools and skills in an advanced manner, they are also the only known species on Earth capable of performing alchemy.

Ishvalan- Refers to the indigenous people of the nation called Ishval, which would come to be a region in the southeastern area of greater Amestris. The Ishvalans are an ethno-religious group identified by their ethnicity but unified by common religious beliefs. Although they are usually characterized by brown skin and white or silver hair, Ishvalan people are most definitively distinguished by their red eyes, which persist as a dominant genetic trait regardless of whether or not Ishvalans marry outside of their ethnicity. They are the only race capable of wielding the Transmutation Array.

- A Transmutation Array is similar to a transmutation circle in that it is used to circulate the energy used in a transmutation. However, unlike a transmutation circle, the runes are not confined to the circumference of the circle and may use the circle only as a small aspect of their function. In some instances, a transmutation array may not even be a circle at all, using different concepts to bring about the circulation or release of the energies involved. Transmutation arrays are often found as full body tattoos on alchemists due to the shape of the human body. It is also possible that the non-cyclical nature of transmutation arrays amplifies the 'destruction' stage of alchemy

[Character Sheet]

Name:
Race:
Occupation: (If alchemist choose your position: soldier, researcher, trainee, or freelancer.)
Weapon: (If alchemy and it's specialized choose it's field or else it will be generic even if specialized when you first began no matter your position in the alchemic world you will be a novice.)
Bio:
Appearance: (A picture will suffice.)
 Alchemy: the ancient metaphysical science/mystical art of manipulating and altering matter da using

Fullmetal Alchemist 412 risposte

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 151-200 of 412

più di un anno fa Aigomiko said…
Karen: And why would you believe me...why would you even want me to be your master?
più di un anno fa TheAdventGhost said…
Ketsu: Because you're awesome. Heh, even if you can't teach me about my electricity alchemy.
Karen: *She'd begin to cry*
I don't deserve your praise.
Ketsu: Don't say that..... If it wasn't for you..... I probably wouldn't have learned that technique to get away from that homunculus....
Karen:...Fine.
*She'd smile*
I was Silly for doubting myself hehehe it won't happen again.
last edited più di un anno fa
Ketsu: Indeed you were.
Karen:...What...what were these research notes that that guy was talking about... over.....were they really about the philosopher's stone?
Ketsu: ...... There have been researching the philosopher's stone......
Karen: But why were they researching it?
Ketsu: Hmm....... There was a rumor about a stone.......... How did it go....... The stone allows you override the laws of alchemy....... Was that it?
Karen: Yes...that is what the stone is rumored to do...,but why did they need the stone...what were they planning?
Ketsu: To do something beyond the laws of alchemy..... Something weird and crazy.
Karen: Is that all you know of it?
Ketsu: Sorry.... That's it.
Karen:...[The Philosopher's Stone...no...I can't let it ruin this place as well.]
So do you know what that guy was? Because he couldn't have been human.
Ketsu: That guy.... Is definitely no human.... That guy is a homunculus....
Karen:...A homunculus...where did you leave him!

Saber: We killed him.

Karen: No! Don't you know Homonculus can't die!
*They'd all stay perfectly still for a few seconds.*

I wonder...did he leave?
Ketsu: Hey, I passed out.... I was just trying to use a delay tactic.
Karen: Crap...
What...what if he comes back?
Ketsu: We won't be seeing him for a while.... Unless....
Karen: Unless what?
Ketsu: I'm sorry... I was paranoid for a second....
Karen: No tell me. Any Idea is a good one.
Ketsu: This isn't an idea.... But I had a thought that someone in here might be that homunculus... He has the ability to change his body into whoever he wishes. That's how he took Kiritsugu's form.
*Everyone would fall silent.*
Karen:...but..wh..who.. could he have doubled...
Ketsu: No.... That can't be.....
Karen:...*She'd begin to shiver*
It doesn't matter anyway, because either way we have no idea where the research is.
Ketsu: Guess so...
Karen: But...now that we know who he was we'll no doubt be targets...so we can't just leave Saber and Irisviel and her daughter here.
Ketsu: Definitely true.
Karen:...Dammit...Everything will change from here on out...just like..back then.
*She'd punch the floor*
...We need to get out of here ASAP if those beasts don't come back the military will to see what all the ruckus was abaout. We need to get any cash they have here and flee.
Saber: Will do.
Ketsu: So we need a new training ground...
Karen: Forget the training ground we need a new start. We need to get out of central as soon as possible then we'll start thinking of our next step.
Ketsu: Get out of Central understood, but where would we go?
Karen:...I..I don't know.
Irisviel: Li..lior.
*she'd barely sit up*
It...it is where the rest of my tribe fled...once Ishval was gone..we..should be safe there.

Karen:...I have no idea where that is.

Irisviel: I sha...shall lead us there.
Ketsu: Alright then. This'll be good.
Karen: Does the estate own a car?

Saber: Yes.

Irisviel: That won't do we'll need the carriage.

Saber: Mistress why?

Irisviel: Lior is in a dessert we might run out of gas or heaven forbid the car would start to sink.

Karen: Alright we'll take the carriage, but we have to make this quick bring clothes and food, but nothing you know you won't need.

*Within 10 minutes the group had finished loading everything into the carriage and began to set off.*

Irisviel: I'm sorry for getting you all involved in this.
Ketsu: Don't even worry about it. It's practically an honor to be involved here. Especially with you Iris...
Irisviel: Ketsu...

Saber: Mistress it is my duty to serve and protect you no matter what.

Irisviel: Saber.

Karen: Not like I had anything better to do.
*She'd give her a weak smile and would then look away.*

Irisviel: I'm sorry...
Ketsu: Come on now, I've had ties to the Von Einzbern family for a while now. I couldn't just walk away from this situation. So there's no need to apologize.
Irisviel:...thank you.
*the sound of police sirens could be heard approaching the estate.*

Saber: Looks like there's no turning back.
Ketsu: Looks like it. Let's do this!
*The next few weeks were spent traveling through multiple cities and rural areas until they finally arrived in Lior. For a town located in the desert it looked pristine and prospering.*

Irisviel:...Was I mistaken? What happened to this place? It's so much...more urban than I remember.

Karen: Finally civilization...it's so hot out here...I need new clothes these aren't suitable for the weather...

Saber: You can take some of my uniforms?

Karen: Thanks..this is just unbearable.

*The successivo few weeks were spent traveling through multiple cities and rural areas until they finally a
Ketsu: So this is Lior....
Irisviel: I don't know where my tribe is, but by asking around i'm sure we'll find something out.

Karen: It looks like it fits...,but you don't have gloves.

Saber: No i'm sorry.

Karen: Then it looks like my alchemy will be limited. I'll just carry a transmutation circle on a piece of cloth just in case.

*As they road into Lior they saw people happily going about their business. And as they got into the center of town they saw a large fountain spewing red liquid.*

Karen: There are cups..hmm
*She'd hop off of the still moving cart.*

Saber: Where are you going?

Karen: I haven't had a drink in hours I'm thirsty.

*As she got closer she sniffed the liquid and grabbed a cup. She filled it and sipped it slowly.*

They...they can afford a public fountain spewing red wine?
 Irisviel: I don't know where my tribe is, but da asking around i'm sure we'll find something out.
Ketsu: Huh... Interesting place.
Karen: I don't mean to be a party pooper, but these people shouldn't be able to afford this kind of lifestyle in a desert?
Ketsu: Hmm.....
*As they spoke they heard an intercom come on.*

???: Hello my followers it is I the prophet Father Cornello.
Let us pray to the all mighty Leto for his blessing and protection.

*As this program ran and he spoke it was noticeable that every citizen was kneeling and praying.*

Karen:..This..is weird.

Irisviel: It wasn't like this when I last saw it.
Ketsu: Some tradition.... Leto..... Never heard of this person.