Harry Potter vs Twilight Twilight fandom and Harry Potter fandom

Marion18 posted on May 12, 2015 at 12:26AM
Heey guys!

I'm doing a research paper for university about the differences between American and Japanese fandoms. And because of that I'm comparing the Twilght fandom and the Harry Potter fandom with 2 Japanese fandoms. So if you have the time, I would be very happy if you would answer these questions for me.

If your faninterest ( in this case an actor/actress from Twilight or Harry Potter ) did something scandalous, like using drugs for example, would you stop being a fan of him/her? Or would you stay a fan? Why?

If you took a test to determine if you are a big fan of Twilight or Harry Potter for an experiment and the test said that you are just an average fan, would you put less effort in the essay about Twilight or Harry Potter you had to write after the test or wouldn't the result of the test matter to you for trying your best at the essay? Why?

Do the opinions of other Twilight or Harry Potter fans about Twiligh or Harry Potter matter to you? Why?

Thanks in advance!

Harry Potter vs Twilight 2 risposte

Click here to write a response...
più di un anno fa tamore said…
Aight I can do this

If your faninterest ( in this case an actor/actress from Twilight or Harry Potter ) did something scandalous, like using drugs for example, would you stop being a fan of him/her? Or would you stay a fan? Why?

Depends on how what they did compares to my personal morals. If it was something racist/sexist/transphobic etc. then no, I probably wouldn't stay a fan, because that's totally against everything I believe in. If it was something that doesn't hurt anyone, like drug use or getting an abortion, then I could not care less at all. It's their choice to make and I'm not gonna judge harshley for it.

If you took a test to determine if you are a big fan of Twilight or Harry Potter for an experiment and the test said that you are just an average fan, would you put less effort in the essay about Twilight or Harry Potter you had to write after the test or wouldn't the result of the test matter to you for trying your best at the essay? Why?

I would probably still try my best. Twilight is totally unimportant to me but if this was Harry Potter I know I'm a big fan whatever a test tells me and I always try my hardest at things. *shrugs*

Do the opinions of other Twilight or Harry Potter fans about Twiligh or Harry Potter matter to you? Why?

This is super vague and I'm not really sure what you mean? I mean not really though. I don't give a fuck about Twilight and no one is going to change that. I love Harry Potter with all my heart and no one is going to change that, either. I'm really not sure what you mean though, if you elaborate on the question I can probably give you a better answer.
più di un anno fa zanhar1 said…
Not really. Well I guess it would depend what she did. But Helena hasn't really done anything super scandalous anyhow. But for the most part, once I'm a fan I'm always a fan.

I would still give it my best. Why? I'm not a good test taker...I'm actually way better with essays. And I'm pretty passionate about HP especially if it's about Bellatrix, so why not give it my best?

I mean not really. I've gotten so much hate just for being a Bellatrix fan I really kind of just stopped caring when people accused me of being crazy too or something like that. I've also kind of gotten used to them calling Bellatrix a bitch all the damn time. It's rude yes, but I guess I don't really care anymore because it happens so often. Generally I don't let others' opinions sway me away from my own.