Harry Potter vs Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter vs Twilight 54807 risposte

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1901-1950 of 54807

più di un anno fa souflizzle317 said…
eh, he's not a huge character like Lupin is, and that's why I've *mostly* given up on vampires (did I say that I had completely given up on them? If I did, sorry I didn't mean to) but not as much with werewolves
^Especially since Smeyer didn't butcher werewolves *quite* as much as she butchered the vampires
più di un anno fa hogwarts62442 said…
2398. Harry Potter fans won't kill you if you say something bad about Harry Potter.
più di un anno fa LoveforSeverus said…
very true...

2399. JKR is inspiring. She encourages her fans to try new things, be confident, and be strong. She teaches things through her books and through herself. She is a strong woman and you should be proud to have her as a role model.
Smeyer just went from Middle-class to Upper-class and doesn't say anything about "just be happy with who you are". No. With Meyer it's "looks are everything so get a man". Good role model? Didn't think so.
^ your reason just made me think of JKR's Harvard speech where she talked about how failure can be beneficial and you should learn from it, and how even though she knows what it's like to be poor she still gives to all sorts of charities and Smeyer doesn't do anything with her money except use it for herself
2400. J.K. Rowling actually has an editor.
più di un anno fa emlincr said…
^^Hahaha I agree with you! I bet that if I would've edited the twilight books they would so much better.

2401. J.K. Rowling created Quidditch, in my opinion, one of the best sports of all time. It's original, it's unlike any sport out there. (Well the chaser's jobs are kind of similar to basketball but that's all.) And "muggles" have actually turned this into an actual sport that can be played. link

Meyer, on the other hand, took baseball, an ordinary sport that's been played for decades, if not centuries, and she just puts a little twist into it by making the vampires hitting the ball super hard and requiring thunder. WTF?
2402. Jacob isn't a werewolf, he's a shapeshifter. Remus Lupin is a true werewolf.

And I just wanted to add this: Edward is just a sparkly fairy. :p
più di un anno fa mooimafish17 said…
Can i just say - dont give up on the Vampires there are so many good book - Anne Rice's Interview with a Vampire for one and some great TV Series - Being Human for one where the vamps DO NOT GLITTER and say things like - "No, Okay NO, I do not sparkle in sunlight"

(The pic is Mitchell - The Vamp for Being Human)

last edited più di un anno fa
 Can i just say - dont give up on the Vampiri#From Dracula to Buffy... and all creatures of the night in between. there are so many good book - Anne Rice's Interview wit
^Yeah, don't forget about Anne Rice and Bram Stoker etc, etc, and their noble work of the vampire!
più di un anno fa tournesol said…
laugh
yep!! Anne Rice is totally able to create cool vampires without the blingbling body!!
più di un anno fa TeamSiriusBlack said…
smirk
Sirius looks more of a vampire than Edward does...
Yeah and thank goodness nobody in Harry potter sparkles like a fairy with the exception of voldemort, but voldemort doesn't sparkle, he shines!!! (with evil of course)
più di un anno fa venvargie said…
laugh
^
Hahahaha! Shines with evil! Love it! xD
smile
^^ Thanks!!
2402 - The characters in HP are so well written that people love the "evil" ones (Draco) and remember the names of the minor one (Ludo Bagman). Evil is never one dimension so JK does not write it so - this makes her the better writer.
più di un anno fa xharrypotterx said…
2403- when u read about the charecters, they seem real...they have been explained so extremely well, and when they feel over joyed or when they are sulking, u feel the emotions too...that is something i dont get from twilight....
2404-twilight is all about a love story....its kind of the same thing
the two fall sssooo much inlove it actually gets annoying....harry potter is an adventure story u can never get tierd of....u can read the hp series a thousand times and never get bored, but twilight will soon get boring...
cool
:D
 :D
laugh
hahaha....
più di un anno fa lauracullen66 said…
thanks for playing for so long, you guys are awesome- if you get to 2500 i'll give all the main contributers somme props :)
worried
^^^ awwww thanks hunny :D (i hope thats me!)
Sofizzle (sorry if i spelled it wrong) deserves it. She's done the most work!!!!
2405. JKR writes her characters so well that we can pick sides based on evidence such as "oh Voldemort is evil so I don't like him" turns into "He may be evil but I see why. I feel sorry for him." and she never just throws things out there. She always leaves room for her fans imagination!
Not that the rest of us haven't but she came up with efficient and thorough ones.

Does anyone happen to know Meyer's favorite writer? Because I know JKR's.
^^ aww thanks! I would say that the people who deserve the props the most would be LoveforSeverus, mooimafish17, venvargie, potterrox, Pensieve_Seeker, XDRoseLuvsHP, haropuff95, and DivyaHarry because they're the ones who have been around the longest and *stayed around* (as opposed to some who just stopped coming back after a little while). I'm sorry if I forgot anyone and just so people who have been here a while know, I'm judging based on who was around when I joined on page 45 and of those people, who's still posting :)

There are plenty of other people who deserve props but I decided to go for seniority and let someone else recommend those who joined recently because I have somewhere to be right now :)

Just 95 reasons till 2500!
più di un anno fa LunaLizbeth said…
meh
2406. No character in the HP series is one-dimensional. All of Meyers characters are either good or evil. The evil ones have no redeeming qualities.
2407. This website link. Oh, btw, SM's fave writer is Jane Austen.
2408. The secondary characters in Twilight (well most of them) deserve to be one of the main characters more than Bella Swan (or the Cullens). For example, Angela is introduced in the first Twilight book, but is almost never heard from again in the other books. She deserves to be one of the main characters or even the main MAIN character because Bella is too whiny and dependant on Edweird. All of the Harry Potter characters deserve their role in the book.
più di un anno fa potterrox said…
Thanks soulfizzle! I'm feeling very mushy, hugs all around!

@lunalizabeth- at least she has good taste in books, if her writing skills are questionable! (I'm a huge austen fan!)

@hogwarts62442- Angela had a lot of potential, she could have been really interesting, but smeyer made her a flat, doormat character.

2409: Both books inspire really intense passions, but, in general, HP fans know where to stop. I've met twilight fans that will scream st you untill you beg for mercy, with blood spewing out of your ears! (slight exaggeration)
^ I think HP fans have the same amount of intensity, if not more, as Twilight fans. It's just that we put it towards being passionate about the series in a good way, and they put it towards trying to convert everyone into a Twihard, whether they live through it or not.

2410. I've had dreams about learning how to fly on a broomstick and play Quidditch. I've also had dreams about Edward killing Bella and then being attacked by mutant squirrels. It's hard to decide which dream I enjoyed more :)

2411. Harry gave Voldemort a chance to feel remorse in their final showdown. He tried to get him to realize what he had done, and repent. Of course, Voldemort couldn't feel remorse and he died for it. Edward, Bella, Carlisle, and any of the other Cullens never once gave any of their enemies the chance to own up to their actions. This just goes to support the fact that Smeyer makes her world black and white, with people either good or bad, while JKR has shades of gray and she also makes it clear that if Voldemort wanted to repent, he could have had the chance and had the ability to feel the love he needed if he chose to.

2412. Who killed Ariana Dumbledore? No one will ever know. Maybe JKR herself doesn't even know. The point is, it could have been either of her brothers, or Grindelwald, and none of them know. This causes Albus Dumbledore to torture himself mentally for the rest of his lifetime (drinking the potion in HBP?). This not only shows that JKR has an extreme eye for detail, but that she is subtly showing her readers that love and pain includes family, and guilt. Even the heros have guilty consciences.

2413. Even parodies of vampires such as Dracula: Dead and Loving It (Mel Brooks movie? Leslie Nielson?) are far superior to Twilight, in my opinion at least.

2414. Excuse my language, but who the hell could come up with a legitimate reason why it's possible for Harry to come back to life after Voldemort "kills him" other than JKR? if Smeyer had written it, she would've had him magically come back to life by eternal love for Ginny and he would suddenly be immortal. JKR, on the other hand, had an extremely complex and detailed explanation which made sense, once you figured out what she was talking about. Voldemort hadn't actually killed Harry, he had killed the part of Harry that was a Horcrux, and that's why Harry could choose to live.

2415. Trelawney was made out to be a huge fraud, but if you notice, every single one of her predictions (even the ones that weren't part of a trance) came true except the daily death sentences. Neville broke the tea cup like she said, Hermione left the class around Easter like she said, and there's a time when she's looking through some sort of cards and she mutters something about a Tower and lightning and some other foreshadowing (sorry, I forget the exact details, I haven't read the book in a while) of Dumbledore's death. When she sees the cards, she dismisses them saying "well that can't be right" but it ends up being right. If you really pay attention and think about the far future as well as the immediate future, everything she predicts comes true. (Except for the death sentences, like I said). JKR=genius? I think so.
smirk
"Does anyone happen to know Meyer's favorite writer?"

Uh, herself?
xD
/shot
tongue
2416. Twilight products are just...too much. Fucking vampire venom lipgloss, barbie dolls, Sweehearts candy(Saw them in the store today. I'll load a picture tomorrow. Couldn't resist showing you guys) and, and this makes me gag, the Twilight Dildo. It's fucking sparkly...I think I made a point with that one... 0_0;
più di un anno fa Yarrgh said…
^ I agree with the comment above me, but I hate your username, & how is Jimmy Edwards related to Harry Potter or Twilight? & How is BooBaa realted to either!? It's not like their cousins!
laugh
hahahhaa
i cannot believe The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is being beaten by twilight but at least HP is on top :D :D got another pic for you :D
 i cannot believe The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is being beaten da twilight but at least HP is
più di un anno fa AbbyEloise said…
i fukn h8 hary poter!!!!!1111!hee givz me da shiutxs!!!111!?wat a nurd!
più di un anno fa AbbyEloise said…
edgward is sooooooooooo mutch hotterrrrrrrrr den potttterrrrrr HAHAhahahAHahaa!!!1!!!!!!!!11!
mischievous
Dear Abbyeloise,
If you haven't noticed, Cedric Diggory is hotter than edweird. And I say this girl is another reason. Who is posting on their wall with bad grammar and spelling? She cannot even spell Edward correctly! So we are on to 2417. Thanks, Abby for helping us!! >=)
smile
Oops, my error. 2418. JK must have planned out everthing in the series before writing the first book. The mirror of erised, for example, and how Dumbledore told Harry that his reflection was not him and his family, but him holding a pair of socks. Her attention to detail was so amazing.
heart
AbbyEloise - thank you for giving me the biggest laugh of my day

I though you lot were exaggerating but they really are like that - WOW!
big smile
The said part is, most twitards have a 3rd grade vocabulary and have never read hp. Yet most hp geeks read twilight and understand it better!!
2419.- hp readers are open to read something else, i mean, JK makes a new reader generation... almost all hp readers had read twilight!!
but there's twilight readers that only reads twilight, maby the host, but nothing else!!
big smile
HP has great quotes such as "I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble usually finds me," which honest to god got me out of detention one time.......not a reason coz its been said before but one more reason why i love it :)
^Yeah the first night I read HP I had a dream... I don't remember if I was flying or hitting on Professor Snape.

...There is a Twilight. Dildo. ..... Um..... ......

And yes, I read DaVinci code and (currently) Angels & Demons because HP was so good so I figured there has GOT to be others!!!!

2420. There's no underwear with Harry's face on it. Nor duct tape that says "Harry Potter" that is over priced just because of that. Like New Moon.
there's underwear with edward face?? who the hell can buy that... is creepie!!
più di un anno fa TeamSiriusBlack said…
tongue
2421. how come we have 78 pages, yet the Twilight one only has 13 or so?
più di un anno fa potterrox said…
@abbyeloise- translation reqired what on earth does this mean"hee givz me da shiutxs!!!111!?" Im slowly shaking my head, losing faith in humanity
^I'm not even joking, what DOES that mean?

2422. JKR put a lot of thought into her character's birthdays. For starters, it's cool that pretty much all her characters HAVE birthdays, but they actually correlate to character personalities. Like Severus is a Capricorn. That is very fitting for him.
laugh
Translation

"hee givz me da shiutxs!!!111!?"

He gives me shivers when he comes to me in my dreams.........
nono thats not right

He is the shit.........
nono cant be - no twihard would say that

he gives me the shit.....

yes - this must be it (!)
jajajaja yep, i think so!!
cool
hehe :D on a side note - anyone know any good anit-twilight jokes.

this does not include SM - we know her writing is a joke :)