posted by xilovemrmonkeyx
WARNING Total spoilers for lastest film. DO NOT READ IF te HAVEN'T SEEN IT!!!
I just saw Half-Blood Prince and entertainment wise it's proberly the best so far - so go see it! It has one of the funniest HP scenes ever (Harry taking Felix potion).
BUT it was also the worst in terms of missing information and missing scenes. I'm holding out for DH though as i figured that they purposely missed out stuff in order to bulk up those two films. So here is my lista of things that truly annoyed me about the film.
1. This one actually counts in at least the last 3 films. Dumbledore just isn't Dumbledore! There was one moment in paticular in GoF when Harrys name came out of the goblet and Dumbledore shoved him against a bacheca and shouted at him. No one can honestly tell me that's a true Dumbledore representation.
2.OK back to HBP. What was the Burrow fight scene about. Obviously it was supposed to replace the Hogwarts fight scene at the end but i just don't see why. It would of taken the same amount of time and i doubt the cost would be much more. EDIT: I just heard that JKR did write this scene but just didn't put it in the book. Although i don't think it justifys swapping them but whatever.
3. The missing memories. These are so crucial to the story yet they were completely missed out. Now Harry has no idea what the remaining Horcruxes are o any idea of the type of places they might be hidden.
4. Harry and Ginny romance. Harry/Ginny shippers are gonna be really disappointed with this film. Remember the beautiful moment in the book when they finally kissed. Yeah, now forget it. There is no way to put into words how much their first baciare sucked. To be fair it was kind of sweet but it was abit awkward and at a terrible moment. Also after it happened it was never mentioned again, they didn't really get together let alone break up.
5.Room of Requirement scene. The whole point of this scene was that he used the diadum as sort of a breadcrumb to finding the potions book. He actually picks it up and remembers what it lloks like. This was completely missing from the film. Ginny takes him to the RoR and she hides it so that he's not tempted to find it, then they baciare and leave - no diadum. Although i've heard it was in the background but i didn't see it and i don't see how Harry's gonna remember it.
6 Dumbledore dieing scene. There is so much wrong with this scene i could easily diviso, spalato it into many points. Firstly he dosn't hex Harry he just tells him to hide/go get snape. The body bind curse was there for many reasons. One, to give Draco the diviso, spalato secondo advantage to disarm Dumbledore (don't worry Draco does disarm him - at least they didn't miss that crucial part out). Two, it stops Harry from intervening and if he could of theres no doubt that Harry would of tried to do something but he didn't. He just stood there watching which made him calling Snape a corward a bit hypocritical. Three, the hex is there so Harry knows Dumbledores died when the spell breaks. Also when i first read it in the book it made me cry but the film just made me very disappointed.
7.There's no Bill and Fleur. No talk of them getting married, No Bill being attacked da Fenir. Nothing. Considering a large part of DH happens at their cottage they should of been included.
8. Ron and Hermione romance. They were pretty much together da the end of the film and i just think it's premature. lol thats all i have to say about that. No baciare btw.
9. The order of the pheonix were pretty much missing from the film.
10. The protection of the Dursleys wasn't explained.
11. Harrys inheritence from Sirius was non-exsistent. So no Kreacher o the fact that Harry now owns the house. Kreacher in particular is important in the final book but the only scene of him i can remember is of him walking past Harry in OotP.
12. No funeral for Dumbledore.
13. I don't think they did Draco justice in the lowering of his wand. He dosn't do it till the deatheaters get there but i thought it was important in the book that he did it before then.
14. Tonks and Lupin were just together there was no struggle on Lupins part to accept that they could be together and i think thats important to the Teddy part of it.
15. Once again they changed a million small things that didn't need to be changed. For example in my opinion the apperance of the ring/stone was all wrong.
16 They had Draco do the collana and mead himself rather than having Rosmerta do it for him.
17. They turned the Borgin and Burkes scene into some sort of initiation ceromony for Draco. Although this change wasn't that bad.
18. Harry doesn't find out it was Snape who told Voldemort about the prophecy. Important in how much people should hate Snape and in explaining Lily/Snape.
19. There are quite a few bad actors mixed in with all those great ones. Ginny in particular.
20. Just to make it an even 20 - The films had the potential to be amazing and although they are good they arn't at the level they could of been.
I think there's only one change they made that didn't annoy me - Tonks being swapped for Luna on the Hogwarts Express although that did mean there was no mention of the Order protecting Harry o Hogwarts.
So that's it rant over. I'd just like to quickly point out a couple of good things about the film. Like i detto Harry taking the Felix potion is hilarious. Lavanders funny. Ron and Hermione are sweet. Daniel, Rupert and Emma did a great job, in fact best so far. There were really sweet Harry and Hermione scenes a ccouple of which weren't from the book so credit to the filmakers for that. Rickman was as always brilliant, as was Helen and Tom. Also i loved the London/deatheater scene at the beginning. Infact i think it would take just as long to name everything i did like about the film so please don't be put off. It really is a great film and i really would recommend te go see it (although if te haven't seen it te shouldn't be Leggere this lol), just don't expect it to be a great representaion of the book.