Film horror Horror Christmas!

jlhfan624 posted on Dec 08, 2009 at 02:05AM
IDK what else to call this, it's not a secret santa but oh well. Basically if you are in the link, you know what this is about. If you happen to come upon this by random and you're not in the forum then move along. If you are interested in joining, just comment.

The rules are as follows:
1. Everybody who signs up has to make something for everybody else that signs up. I did it this way because originally it's only the HLF and there's only 5 members there. Not a lot of work.
2. The art must be done yourself. You can either make a wallpaper, fan art, or FIVE icons. No less. You may make all of the above, but be sure to make them for everyone just to be fair.
3. All art made must be posted here. If posted in the general spot, other fans who don't know about it might be confused and I will report it so it gets deleted. This is just for us!
4. If you are joining, just comment below and come up with a list of your favorite things that you wouldn't mind having art made out of. Only one of the things has to be horror related, because we are in the horror spot after all :)

Signed Up
jlhfan624
Paramore-CSI
EllaBlack
becca85
brittlegirl94
freakiin_ruby
Helen-Lover

Deadline to sign up is December 15th!
Deadline to submit your gifts is December 25th! Get to working! :)
 IDK what else to call this, it's not a secret santa but oh well. Basically if te are in the [url=htt
last edited on Dec 12, 2009 at 10:20PM
save

Film horror 323 risposte

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 251-300 of 323

più di un anno fa Helen-Lover said…
smile
Awwww thanku!!!
più di un anno fa Paramore-CSI said…
no probs
più di un anno fa becca85 said…
big smile
Becca85's Horror Christmas Gifts stats (as of 12/20/2009):

Aidan: In progress (80% complete)
Francy: Not started (0% complete) <-- though I have an idea now, kinda following what I'm doing for Heather
Heather: In progress (30% complete)
Jackie: Complete (100% complete)
Jenn: Complete (100% complete)
Lucy: Complete (100% complete)
yay can not wait
smile
awsome cant wait!
wonder what it is!!
più di un anno fa jlhfan624 said…
big smile
YAY I can't wait for our gifts!
me either
più di un anno fa brittlegirl94 said…
Can't wait Becca! Okies, here are my gifts to Francy, Becca and Aidan. I hope you enjoy guys!
Francy #1. VM!
last edited più di un anno fa
 Francy #1. VM!
Francy #2. The Dark Knight <3
 Francy #2. The Dark Knight <3
Francy #3. Jennifer's Body!
 Francy #3. Jennifer's Body!
Francy #4. Elle! (I don't watch Heroes but YAY KRISTEN!)
 Francy #4. Elle! (I don't watch Heroes but YAY KRISTEN!)
Francy #5. VM!
 Francy #5. VM!
Becca #1. Sleepy Hollow!
 Becca #1. Sleepy Hollow!
Becca #2. Reese!
 Becca #2. Reese!
Becca #3. Christmas! <3
 Becca #3. Christmas! <3
Becca #4. Writing!
 Becca #4. Writing!
Becca #5. Thir13en Ghosts!
 Becca #5. Thir13en Ghosts!
Aidan #1. Sorority Row!
 Aidan #1. Sorority Row!
Aidan #2. Cobra Starship! <3
 Aidan #2. cobra Starship! <3
nice lucy
Aidan #3. Cobra Starship! <3
 Aidan #3. cobra Starship! <3
Aidan #4. Cobra Starship! <3
 Aidan #4. cobra Starship! <3
Aidan #5. Jennifer's Body!
 Aidan #5. Jennifer's Body!
There you go; Happy Holidays!

Thanks Jackie! XD
No probs they are pretty
più di un anno fa freakiin_ruby said…
heart
Yayy! Thanks Lucy! They're great.
And Becca, I can't wait!
I know right!
smile
awsome thx!! there awsome!
I know right?
kiss
Alright it's crunch time for me in regards to these gifts. Here are the stats as of today (12/23/2009):

Aidan: In progress (80% complete)
Francy: In progress (1% complete)*
Heather: In progress (90% complete)

*Francy, yours is the one I will be working on today and if it goes as well as Heather's did yesterday, it'll be up to her percent by the time I leave work today. Now, yours is probably going to be the hardest as I don't know enough about anything on your list to really crank something effective out, which is why I'm going to take a couple of things from your list and also raid your FP profile for some other stuff I know more about to just toss into the mix. I hope it comes out great. BTW, in progress, as of this very minute, means eight words, but don't panic (I'm saving the panic for tomorrow). ;P

Tomorrow will probably be the day I spend finishing off everyone's gifts and I will probably post them Christmas day (just because I have a family gathering to go to directly after work tomorrow, and depending on when its done, well, let's just say, we'll see...)

And, sorry I haven't been on FP at all this week. I have been super, super busy with work and stuff going on after work that keeps me out until ten or later, but I hope to be on tonight (hope being the big word there) to get through three days worth of updates. As it is, I thought I would pop on just to give you all the stats, so you wouldn't think I forgot you. Now, I get to go back to Francy's story, which I just started, and also watch the snow fall outside the windows here.
smile
aww ok its ok haha i cant wait!
I can not waiT!!!!
zzz
Latest update before I head off to bed on 12/23/2009:

Aidan: Complete (100% complete)
Francy: In progress (90% complete)
Heather: In progress (90% complete)
so close cannot wait!!!!
heart
YES!! I have been waiting three weeks to say this...I AM DONE!!

I will try and post them tonight (dependant on how long the family dinner is that I'm going to), but definitely by tomorrow. I'd post them now, but the work computer I am on does not have the appropriate program for me to use to upload. I'm just making do with a very basic program right now.

YAY!! **does happy dance**
Yay i can not wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile
yayyy! awsome!!
big smile
YAY!! I can't wait to see them!
me either
The moment many of you have been waiting for. The giving of the Horror Christmas gifts...from me! I've linked you all to your respective gifts, so check them out. And feel free to check out anyone else's, if you feel so inclined.

The second you click on any one of the links below, you will soon find out what many of you already suspected...my gifts to you all are stories. They are short, generally 4-5 pages in length. In order to stay within my self-prescribed page lengths, I had to be vague in some areas, but I hope you will use your imaginations to fill in the gaps.

You all star in your very own stories that I wrote around some of the things on your list. I tried to include as many items as I could without making the story too confusing and in some instances, it was merely a quick mention of something (you'll understand when you read them).

Most authors will usually admit that they have favorite stories out of their own collection, and I am certainly no different. I do have a favorite story out of these six I wrote, but I don't want to single any one out, so I won't confess to which one it is. I just really loved how it all came together and I really loved how it ended. The dialogue needs a little bit of work, but I think it's pretty good.

And without further ado...your gifts, with some added author notes:

link: You may note some discrepancies in survivors in this story, but they are not discrepancies. The last entry takes place after the escape, but before the final tally of survivors is given. This is also the very first, first-person POV I've ever written, so I hope it came out alright. **SPOILERS: Do not read if you haven't seen the entire Harper's Island series** Your age in the story: mid-to-late 20s.

link: Yours was the hardest, but once I got going, I had to end up leaving a lot of stuff out, so imagine to your heart's content how things really happened during that weekend. P.S. Your profile said you were from Germany, so that's where I set it. I also included a little German in there, so I hope Google Translate gave me the correct translations for the phrases I chose to include. Your age in the story: late 20s.

link: Yours actually ended being a little difficult as well, but I managed to put something together. I hope you like it. I hope your dreams go wild after you read the ending. Your age in the story: late 20s-early 30s.

link: I don't recall there being any back information on your story. Your age in the story: early 20s.

link: There's no back information on your story either. Your age in the story: mid-to-late 20s.

link: I wanted things to happen a certain way in the story here, that kind of conflicts with the book, so I wrote the discrepancies into the story. **SPOILERS: Do not read if you haven't read all the Harry Potter books** Your age in the story: 15

If any of you have questions about your stories, or anyone else's story, let me know (message me, comment here, comment in the Horror Lovers Forum, etc.) and I will answer them to the best of my ability.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Let me know if the links don't work, but they should because I tried them.
big smile
OMG BECCA AWESOME!! :D I'm going to start reading mine right now, and I'll probably read everyone else's :D
laugh
I'm a slow reader so forgive me!! It's amazing so far. I love the character names, and I can just imagine the Mr. Myers and Jason in their masks instead of actual people haha

she fleetingly wondered if she should fake an asthma attack just for the sake of receiving mouth-to-mouth resuscitation from him.

LOL! Oh, how well you know me!
wink
Yeah, on yours I put in a bunch of subtle horror references.
heart
I LOVE IT!!! Ahhh Kiefer, and you know that's exactly how I'd act around him too except when he'd walk away I'd most definitely jump up and down and scream and flail my arms. Trufax. Weakening of the knees would 100% happen as well :D

JLH too!! Was happy to meet ME <3 I love it Becca, thanks! Off to prop you now and read everyone else's!
I love it!!!
i was happy to have melinda as my aunt
heart
I'm glad you both liked the stories. They're definitely not my best, but I thought they turned out pretty good considering I had three weeks to write six stories.
I know but they rocked