Dr. House - Medical Division House season 8?

CuddleableHuddy posted on Jul 08, 2010 at 02:07PM
I'm sorry if there already was a topic about this but I couldn't find it.

But I just hear a lot people saying that season 8 is the last season of House? Is there anyone who knows a bit more about this?

(Sorry for my English. I'm Dutch so it's not that good)

Dr. House - Medical Division 44 risposte

Click here to write a response...
più di un anno fa misanthrope86 said…
smile
Nothing like that has been confirmed. Its too early to confirm that kind of information. Some of the actors have signed for 9 seasons, but that doesn't necessariliy mean there will be 9 seasons, but it also doesn't mean there won't be more than 9.
più di un anno fa CuddleableHuddy said…
smile
Well, the actors like Hugh and Lisa signed 'till season 7. So, I'm just very curious if there comes another season.
But I guess we all have to wait for that.
più di un anno fa filip_yordanov said…
big smile
I hope season 8 will be not be not the last because this serial is the best. I can t stop watching House M.D.
più di un anno fa LaurieLover said…
hmmm
I stand corrected but I read that Hugh is the only one who has a contract for Season 8!!!
più di un anno fa DanvilleEyes01 said…
smile
If Hugh is the only one for season 8 > I'll join him in something of a whatever season it is 8, 9 or 10 seasons. Maybe a new cast willbe joining him, The others might be moving ahead in there skills as a doctor. If there is a season 8 let it be different from all the other seasons, newer respect of Dr. HOUSE.
più di un anno fa CuddleableHuddy said…
Really? Only Hugh? But I also read that Lisa signed.
più di un anno fa heather95 said…
I'd love it to last for 8 seasons or more, but I hope it doesn't drag on like ER did :/ I really hope they'll never kill Wilson off, I've heard rumours though :/
più di un anno fa heather95 said…
più di un anno fa AreKay said…
I think HOUSE will continue until Hugh decides he wants to leave. Without him, there is no HOUSE.
più di un anno fa BobbyRSL said…
Only Hugh Laurie is still contracted for season 8. What is this story on Robert Sean Leonard - we don't hope he leaves!!!!

più di un anno fa ClubHouse said…
How true are the rumours going around that Robert Sean Leonard "quited" the show and that we will get confirmation soon?
wink
Go read this, seems House Season 8 will be happening!

link

più di un anno fa amulyaa said…
You can Check out detail regarding all the seasons of the house where i used to link..... Hope it will solve all your queries.
più di un anno fa rabya_1 said…
im sorry but i think its time to end the show respectfully
last edited più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa lolorena said…
big smile
i love this show but as much as i love it i hope there won't be any next season. The show is great the character is original but let's not over use it......first seasons were smashing indeed but now i watch the 7th one and it's nothing to it....if they would just go on and on forever they'd just ruin the entire work!
più di un anno fa giggles2010 said…
I have nothing against huddy but if they get married then there's really no other option but to end the show. And if it does happen, I hope they announce it soon enough for me to emotionally prepare myself :D If it doesn't, I want house to go back on vicodin. Period.
più di un anno fa RP_Puzzle said…
I agree with rabya_1 and lolorena it does feel like it's time to end it, especially on a high note that this season has been. I think 7 is a great run and especially with Huddy hooking up I'm not sure if there'd be any point in continuing.

That said, not sure wtf Thirteen's status is. Thought she'd be back taping episodes after Tron. Not that I'm particularly sad to not have her there, just kinda left her story hanging, which is kinda lame.
più di un anno fa Field_Trish said…
The reason why Hugh Laurie is the only one signed on for a new season is because FOX and NBC are trying to decide what to do for the show. House is produced by NBC, who brings in the big money to shoot the episodes, and aired on FOX who takes in all the credit. House is one of the most expensive shows out there now and NBC has decided it is too expensive for them to bank it. So FOX and NBC are trying to get in an agreement, because NBC has basically said, either you pick up the tabs on this show, or we're taking credit for it which means moving the show to NBC. For this reason Hugh Laurie is the only one allowed to sign a new contract. The other ones are waiting to see what's gonna happen so they can sign their contracts. It's not because they don't wanna sign, it's because legally they can't. They will most likely be back on the next season unless something terribly bad happens which I seriously doubt. I honestly hope FOX decides to pay the bills and keep the show on FOX, cause moving to NBC might not be a good idea seeing they will most likely do stupid things and the ratings will go down. Come on FOX! Give us our House!
più di un anno fa bebe1968 said…
hmmm
Please FOX, we need more seasons of house¡¡¡¡
più di un anno fa jemihuddy said…
I think House will keep going until Hugh wants to go do bigger and better (if there is anything better) things. When that happens I will cry.
hmmm
I seem to recall that Hugh had already signed his contract for Season 8 as early as Season 5. And HE is the ONLY ONE with a contract, none of the other cast members have even been offered a renewed contract yet. If they cancel it will be cheaper to pay him out his contract than the $115 million odd it takes to produce this show every season.

From what I understand NBC is asking Fox to pick up only a portion of the expenses. The BIG money lies in syndication and the "bean counters" at both NBC & Fox are very well aware of that. I stand corrected but syndication happens only after 8 Seasons.

Hopefully Fox comes to the party, or this could very well be the end of House. If they do make a Season 8 I am willing to bet there will be no more after that.

I do remember watching an interview with Hugh Laurie (it is here on FP) where he says that if/when House ever finds love and happiness the show is over. Could that be where they are heading right now and have TPTB decided it is best not to tell the fans until they absolutley have to. If that IS the case they would have to have informed the cast and crew.

For now all we can do is wait.
last edited più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa Huddy77 said…
I think season 8 would be the perfect point to end the show. I don't know, I just have the feeling things are going that way.
più di un anno fa Aivi said…
Happy ending? I don't think so.
If there is 8th season, Huddy will end then. If not... Huddy will end in season 7. There just can't be a happy ending for House. That's what I think.

But there has to be another season at least. Maybe they're just dragging us...
più di un anno fa jemihuddy said…
Aivi, there will be a happy ending because the writers are not that cruel.
più di un anno fa HuddyLover1 said…
i agree with laurielover i have only heard hugh has signed up for eight nothing more (and i just hope some of you can guess why)
più di un anno fa HouseRoadHouse said…
Well at the begining of this season House was the most watched TV show in the world, if they keep that going i see no reason why the show will not go on to season 8 maybe 9, some romous are going round that they will try to match the 10 seasons that Friends managed. Personally i love this show and cannot get enough so i say bring on season 8, also i also have heard the only person who is signed up is Hugh Laurie but this is the same with every season previously they have not signed up the supporting cast until the end of the current season so only time will tell.
più di un anno fa hudlyfan said…
hmmm
jemihuddy : I hope =/
più di un anno fa Tortilla said…
And do u know when will start making 8 season?
più di un anno fa lilylover2009 said…
HuddyLover1: wait why?
più di un anno fa Mercygraves said…
Nooooooooo!

link
più di un anno fa emem25 said…
big smile
link

link

hope this link could help.. I like to have another round of House MD i guess to conclude things and what happened to all the Main characters from season 1 to 7..
più di un anno fa tomycvek said…
house md season 8 will be started in september
più di un anno fa Hugh_love said…
I think there is season 8 but i dont think there's gonna be any other seasons. Hey guys do u know any website that i can find David Shore's (the producer) email or a way to contact him... i think he is going to end house with cuddy and house together and that will just ruin the show .. house is better off without cuddy .
più di un anno fa PotterForever said…
Yeah I heard that too. Although the show hasn't been at it's best the last few years, I'd love for there to be more seasons after 8.
più di un anno fa adu2send said…
pls this waittin is killing me
Any info when will then begin s8
I hered it not more than a month
più di un anno fa midnyte007 said…
S8 will begin on October 3rd.
più di un anno fa vasia_cy said…
probably season 8 is the last cause producers and writers don't want the serie lose its value! Also Hugh Laurie said that its gone too long and rumors said that he wanted to leave too because he get bored... About ratings I think are very good guys and House still the most attractive serie on TV the latest years.They start for 1 or 2 seasons and they keept 8 seasons that's great succesful....Is normal that ratings are down but don't forget 7 years are too much for a serie .... I think season 8 is the last and its gonna be great season for all (cast0creator0producers and ratings)
più di un anno fa Huddyluver said…
I have heard that Lisa Edelstien will not be returning in season 8 to play the part of Cuddy. I really wonder how they are going to write her character off and who will be the new Dean of Medicene at PPTH.
più di un anno fa ginger_gram said…
crying
...and I've heard that Lisa Edelstein is not returning due to not coming to agreement about her contract- in cost cutting efforts, the main actors were asked to take pay cuts, and while Leonard and Epps may have reaching an agreement, Edelstein did not. I also hear that it's possible that Chase will be new dean of medicine, tho I don't know WHY...?? And, yes, I wonder how Cuddy will be written off, but after the season finale, isn't it clear that's what will happen? Some say he's better off without her, but I think SHE is better off without HIM! It's time to end it, before it goes further downhill.....but we'll all miss it one way or another!
più di un anno fa olispowers said…
sad
Everybody but lisa cuddy (lisa edelstien) has signed on but we meet new characters and they have only made a new contract for 1 more season but they haven't decided if it is the last season yet.
più di un anno fa olispowers said…
and the show will be returning october 3
più di un anno fa jonanne said…
tongue
It did return last night. Go see
My comments about Twenty Vicodin. I was sooo depressed. No one else seems to have felt that way. No quick wit, no real human, no forward growth, just he was right. Well he is almost always right and I want him to be right and happy. Am I the only one who sees season eight as just anticlimactic and sad almost? I am trying to have faith in the writers and Hugh directs season eight. We shall see.
più di un anno fa ettikajewellery said…
I had gone through the premier of house's season 8 .It once again proved the show's mantra: People don't change. Even in prison.I like this serial very much.
più di un anno fa huddyrocks said…
angry
I seriously diagree with everyone who is saying that it is time to end the show. BTW: Wilson is not leaving. LE is. that's that. And to all you that are saying that it is time to end the show here's a tip: try listing to your selfs. you are talking about ending house! Come on!!