jlhfan624 📚Currently Reading📚

jlhfan624 posted on Dec 27, 2017 at 06:09AM
Whether it's a magazine or a book, I'd love to know what you're reading right now! Post the cover and a description and later when you're done, review it!
 Whether it's a magazine o a book, I'd Amore to know what you're Leggere right now! Post the cover and
save

jlhfan624 83 risposte

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 83

più di un anno fa jlhfan624 said…
heart
This is my last book of the year! This is the 2nd book in a series.

Description:
The Christmas holidays are one of Lilah’s favorite times of the year, filled with friends, family, and, of course, tons of food orders for her covered dish clients. But Lilah’s Yuletide cheer ends when she sees a most Grinch-like crime: the murder of a Santa in a school parking lot.

It turns out the deceased Kris Kringle was a complicated tangle of naughty and nice, with a long list of people who might have wanted him dead. And whoever did the deed wants to make sure that Lilah keeps quiet. Now, Lilah will have to team up with her former fling, Detective Jay Parker, to unwrap the mysteries of a deadly Christmas killer and stay alive long enough to ring in the New Year...
 This is my last book of the year! This is the 2nd book in a series. [b]Description:[/b] The Chris
yorkshire_rose commented…
Looks really interesting :) più di un anno fa
jlhfan624 commented…
I give this book â­â­â­â­â­. più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa yorkshire_rose said…
big smile
I'm not a big reader...my concentration leaves a lot to be desired *lol* But I do enjoy reading magazines.Anything with a psychic theme..Spirit and Destiny or Fate and Fortune,most enjoyable reading.Full of true stories,card readings,horoscopes,qizes and a lot more <3
 I'm not a big reader...my concentration leaves a lot to be desired *lol* But I do enjoy Leggere magaz
JosepineJackson commented…
Looks really interesting, I Amore those topics too 💙 più di un anno fa
smile
Fate and Fortune :)
 Fate and Fortune :)
big smile
I love magazines too Berni! It still counts as reading. The Take a Break magazine looks especially interesting to me. I recently re-discovered British magazines, I used to be a fan of a teen one called Sugar years ago and recently I even ordered 3 current issues (not from Sugar, I think that's defunct) from a website to be sent to me overseas. They are very different from US magazines of the same kind, but I love them. Here, our magazines strongly focus on "celebrities" but yours focus on real people and their stories.

I was intrigued by this cover and had to order it! lol It's a very interesting magazine. I also ordered a current issue of Take a Break and Chat, I think they are all similar.
 I Amore magazines too Berni! It still counts as reading. The Take a Break magazine looks especially in
Yes Take a Break 's Fate and Fortune is my favourite.Lots of interesting stories to read.It was also my Mother's favourite before she passed.If te ever get the chance to order one,i'm sure te would Amore it as much as I do Heather :) più di un anno fa
jlhfan624 commented…
I'm sorry about your mom Berni :( that's always tough and I had no idea. più di un anno fa
Aww,Thank te ♥ più di un anno fa
In addition to the magazine mentioned above, I also started a new book.

Description:
Owning her own business seemed like pie in the sky to Valentine Harris when she moved to the coastal California town of San Nicholas, expecting to start a new life with her fiancé. Five months—and a broken engagement—later, at least her dream of opening a pie shop has become a reality. But when one of her regulars keels over at the counter while eating a quiche, Val feels like she's living a nightmare.

After the police determine the customer was poisoned, business at Pie Town drops faster than a fallen crust. Convinced they’re both suspects, Val's flaky, seventy-something pie crust maker Charlene drags her boss into some amateur sleuthing. At first Val dismisses Charlene’s half-baked hypotheses, but before long the ladies uncover some shady dealings hidden in fog-bound San Nicholas. Now Val must expose the truth—before a crummy killer tries to shut her pie hole.
 In addition to the magazine mentioned above, I also started a new book. [b]Description:[/b] Ownin
jlhfan624 commented…
I give this book â­â­â­. più di un anno fa
JosepineJackson commented…
Sounds not bad 💛 più di un anno fa
big smile
WOW what a great storyline...you have a good taste in books Heather.I think this would make a good film if it's not already :)
jlhfan624 commented…
I agree! And actually some of these types of libri (cozy mysteries) are already being made into Hallmark Channel movies! più di un anno fa
Ugh, now I'm finally back to work so I can start reading again. Started this one today:

Emily Westhill runs the best donut shop in Fallingbrook, Wisconsin, alongside her retired police chief father-in-law and her tabby Deputy Donut. But after murder claims a favorite customer, Emily can’t rely on a sidekick to solve the crime—or stay alive.

If Emily has learned anything from her past as a 911 operator, it’s to stay calm during stressful situations. But that’s a tall order when one of her regulars, Georgia Treetor, goes missing. Georgia never skips morning cappuccinos with her knitting circle. Her pals fear the worst—especially Lois, a close friend who recently moved to town. As evening creeps in, Emily and the ladies search for Georgia at home. And they find her—murdered among a scattering of stale donuts . . .

Disturbingly, Georgia’s demise coincides with the five-year anniversary of her son’s murder, a case Emily’s late detective husband failed to solve before his own sudden death. With Lois hiding secrets and an innocent man’s life at stake, Emily’s forced to revisit painful memories on her quest for answers. Though someone’s alibi is full of holes, only a sprinkling of clues have been left behind. And if Emily can’t trace them back to a killer in time, her donut shop will end up permanently closed for business . . .
 Ugh, now I'm finally back to work so I can start Leggere again. Started this one today: Emily West
jlhfan624 commented…
I give this book â­â­â­â­. più di un anno fa
Haven't updated this in awhile - I finished this book last week sometime.

For Tallulah Graver, marrying wealthy Waldo Phillips seemed like the best way out of the family business, the Graver Funeral Home. But when her marriage falls apart and Tallie is left with next to nothing, she turns to cleaning houses to make ends meet. As humbling as it is to tidy the mansions of the snobby socialites she used to call friends, at least she doesn't have to be around dead bodies. Until . . .

She discovers one of her employers lying in a closet with a knife sticking out of her chest. This unpleasant shock seems to be part of a web of weird experiences: Tallie's friend Gina's shop is broken into, her ex is stun-gunned where it hurts the most, and now she's receiving flowers from the dead woman. Granted the deliveryman is handsome, but seriously, that's enough to cast a pall over anyone’s day. Now Tallie needs to dig deep to clean up this mess—before she finds herself in a grave situation.
 Haven't updated this in awhile - I finished this book last week sometime. For Tallulah Graver, mar
jlhfan624 commented…
I give this book â­â­â­1/2. più di un anno fa
I am now reading two books:

Wagtail, Virginia, the top pet-friendly getaway in the United States, is gearing up for a howling good Halloween—until a spooky murder shakes the town to its core..

Holly Miller doesn’t believe in spirits, but the Sugar Maple Inn is filled with guests who do. The TV series in development, Apparition Apprehenders, has descended on Wagtail’s annual Halloween festivities to investigate supernatural local legends, and Holly has her hands full showing the ghost hunters a scary-fun time.

But the frights turn real when Holly’s Jack Russell, Trixie, and kitten, Twinkletoes, find a young woman drowned in the Wagtail Springs Hotel’s bathhouse—the spot of the town’s most infamous haunting. The crime scene is eerily similar to the creepy legend, convincing Holly that the death wasn’t just accidental. Now she’ll have to race to catch a flesh-and-blood killer—before someone else in town gives up the ghost...
 I am now Leggere two books: Wagtail, Virginia, the superiore, in alto pet-friendly getaway in the United States,
jlhfan624 commented…
Everyone swears by Yeast of Eden, the Mexican bread shop in town. But tonight, the only thing on the menu is la muerte . . .

Struggling photographer Ivy Culpepper has lots of soul-searching to do since returning to seaside Santa Sofia, California. That is, until the thirty-six-year-old enters a bread making class at Yeast of Eden. Whether it’s the aroma of fresh conchas in the oven, or her instant connection with owner Olaya Solis, Ivy just knows the missing ingredients in her life are hidden among the secrets of Olaya’s bakery . . .

But Ivy’s spirits crumble when a missing classmate is suddenly discovered dead in her car. Even more devastating, the prime suspect is Olaya Solis herself. Doubting the woman could commit such a crime, Ivy embarks on a murder investigation of her own to prove her innocence and seize the real killer. As she follows a deadly trail of crumbs around town, Ivy must trust her gut like never before—or someone else could be toast!
 Everyone swears da Yeast of Eden, the Mexican pane negozio in town. But tonight, the only thing on the
jlhfan624 commented…
Just started this 2nd in a series book yesterday!

Cassie Miller returned to her sleepy hometown in the Berkshires to start over. But she soon finds that dead letters are nothing compared to murder victims in the second mystery in the Postmistress series.

With a massive storm about to hit North Ashcot, Massachusetts, threatening floods and widespread wind damage, Cassie is forced to close up the post office along with the rest of the local business owners and residents, who are battening down the hatches and bracing themselves for the worst.

Although the storm proves not to be as bad as predicted, fabric shop owner Daisy Harmon is found dead, seemingly killed by a fallen branch. But the police quickly determine that her death had nothing to do with foul weather and everything to do with foul play. After Daisy’s widowed husband approaches her to help solve his wife’s murder, Cassie vows to find the killer before another innocent victim is taken by storm.
 Just started this 2nd in a series book yesterday! Cassie Miller returned to her sleepy hometown in
jlhfan624 commented…
Just finished 2 books, first one:

Lilah Fallon is continuing her search to find happiness, meaning, and most importantly, a job. When a friend mentions a seasonal position at a local farm, she jumps at the chance to try something different. Things start out well, but Lilah finds herself caught in the grip of terror when a man is murdered by someone in a mummy costume, merely a few feet from her. Consumed with guilt over having witnessed the atrocious act without doing anything to stop it, she embarks upon a quest to figure out who the killer might be, calling on friends both old and new for help. There sheer number of possible suspects is daunting, and Lilah finds herself feeling that she’s been taken on a wild goose chase, until the stunning truth begins to reveal itself…but will she be too late?
 Just finished 2 books, first one: Lilah Fallon is continuing her cerca to find happiness, meanin
jlhfan624 commented…
The members of South Carolina's Sweet Briar Ladies Society sewing circle are as loyal and close-knit as the day is long. But when the richest and meanest woman in town turns up murdered, the new Yankee librarian Tori Sinclair finds that some threads can bind dangerously tight.

Tori Sinclair feels like she's known her new sewing sisters forever. That is until the richest and meanest woman in Sweet Briar turns up murdered--and Rose, the circle's feisty matriarch, refuses to believe her troubled former student was responsible. With suspicion and gossip spinning out of control, something worse than just ruffled feathers is threatening to tear the town apart...

Now, Tori must confront her and her friends' deepest fears in order to mend fences. And they will need all their skill to pull together loose scraps of clues in order to create the perfect picture of truth...
 The members of South Carolina's Sweet Briar Ladies Society sewing cerchio are as loyal and close-knit
jlhfan624 commented…
I give this book â­. più di un anno fa
heart
Though it may not be Christmas time, I just started this one.

Krissy Hancock is staying in her adopted hometown of Pine Hills, Ohio, for Christmas this year--and she even has a whole week off from her combination bookstore-cafe. But a killer is about to dampen her spirits . . .

Unfortunately, Krissy's been roped into filling in for a sick elf in the local holiday musical extravaganza. With a demanding director, backstage gossip, and two men in fierce competition for the starring role, it isn't all sweetness and Christmas lights. Then a murder puts a stop to the production, and Krissy is faced with a pageant of suspects.

Could her ex-boyfriend, a fellow elf, really be the culprit as the police are claiming? Or will the actor playing Santa be trading his red suit for an orange jumpsuit? When her behind-the-scenes investigation starts getting dangerous, the only thing Krissy really wants is to make it to Christmas dinner alive. But first she'll have to finish wrapping up this case . . .
 Though it may not be Natale time, I just started this one. Krissy Hancock is staying in her ado
jlhfan624 commented…
Started this third (and final) in the series yesterday!

The Blanchards are invited to the gala event of the season. Lindy’s wealthy friend Eugene Wheatley—who’s just nuts about his new bride—is throwing a party to introduce his wife Jeannie to Riverville, Texas, society. The celebration is in full swing when Eugene is found shot dead.

Jeannie and her unscrupulous kin are the prime suspects, but the Blanchards aren’t convinced. Lindy and her meemaw Miss Amelia have heard just about enough from the local gossips gathering at the Nut House family store to realize that Jeannie needs their help. And when somebody shoots at Lindy during the investigation, things get real personal. Lindy and Miss Amelia are determined to unmask the killer party crasher and shell out some Texas-style justice…
 Started this third (and final) in the series yesterday! The Blanchards are invited to the gala eve
jlhfan624 commented…
Started this one late last week!

Welcome to the Ho-Lee Noodle House, where the Chinese food is to die for. . .

The last place Lana Lee thought she would ever end up is back at her family’s restaurant. But after a brutal break-up and a dramatic workplace walk-out, she figures that helping wait tables is her best option for putting her life back together. Even if that means having to put up with her mother, who is dead-set on finding her a husband.

Lana’s love life soon becomes yesterday’s news once the restaurant’s property manager, Mr. Feng, turns up dead―after a delivery of shrimp dumplings from Ho-Lee. But how could this have happened when everyone on staff knew about Mr. Feng’s severe, life-threatening shellfish allergy? Now, with the whole restaurant under suspicion for murder and the local media in a feeding frenzy―to say nothing of the gorgeous police detective who keeps turning up for take-out―it’s up to Lana to find out who is behind Feng’s killer order. . . before her own number is up.
 Started this one late last week! Welcome to the Ho-Lee Noodle House, where the Chinese Cibo is to
jlhfan624 commented…
heart
Started this book in my favorite book series!

Jessica is in Manhattan to attend the debut of new designer Xandr Ebon—formerly Sandy Black of Cabot Cove. He’s introducing his evening wear collection to the public and—more important—to the industry’s powers that be: the stylists, magazine editors, buyers, and wealthy clientele who can make or break him.

At the show, the glitz and glamour are dazzling until a young new model shockingly collapses and dies. Natural causes? Perhaps. But when another model is found dead, a famous cover girl and darling of the paparazzi, the fashion world gets nervous.

Two models. Two deaths. Their only connection? Xandr Ebon. Jessica’s crime-solving instincts are put to the test as she sorts through the egos, the conflicts of interest, the spiteful accusations, and the secrets, all while keeping an amorous detective at arm’s length. But she’ll have to dig deep to uncover a killer. A designer’s career is on the line. And another model could perish in a New York minute.
 Started this book in my preferito book series! Jessica is in Manhattan to attend the debut of new d
jlhfan624 commented…
Newly widowed and stuck in a middle-aged funk, Poppy has been running on cookies, infomercials, and one-sided chats with her cat for months. There’s no way on earth she’s attending her twenty-five-year class reunion—especially after receiving a very bizarre letter from Barbie, the popular cheerleader who taunted her all through high school. At least, not until Poppy’s best friend practically drags her to the event . . .

Using the dreaded homecoming as an excuse to visit her eccentric Aunt Ginny, Poppy vows to leave Cape May with pride and Spanx intact. Too bad Barbie is still the queen of mean at the reunion. And worse, that her dead body is lying right in front of Poppy’s old locker. Singled out as the killer, it’s up to Poppy to confront her past and clear her name. But between protecting her aunt from disaster and tackling a gluten-free diet, can Poppy crack the case before she’s voted “Most Likely to Die†by the murderer?
 Newly widowed and stuck in a middle-aged funk, papavero has been running on cookies, infomercials, and o
jlhfan624 commented…
Started this 2nd in a series earlier this week.

Moving from Minnesota to Arizona was a big change for Sophie “Phee†Kimball. She’s much closer to her mother’s retirement community now—which can drive her a little crazy, but at least her mom, Harriet, has her book club and her chiweenie dog, Streetman, to keep her company. And now there’s even more activity, with Aunt Ina’s upcoming wedding. The seventy-four-year-old bride has roped Phee into working on the tent, the pastries, and even her headpiece in preparation for the ceremony. But it’s Harriet who really gets demanding when a dead body turns up yards from her front door.

Aunt Ina’s fiancé is acquainted with the victim—a local millionaire restaurateur murdered at the golf course. Working for a private investigator, Phee is drawn into the case—not just professionally but personally, since Harriet is in a panic about her safety. With a killer on the loose, Phee vows to figure out the plot—that is, if her side job as a wedding planner doesn’t kill her first . . .
 Started this 2nd in a series earlier this week. Moving from Minnesota to Arizona was a big change
jlhfan624 commented…
Started two new books today:

It's been a sleepy summer for the folks of Lake Eden, Minnesota. In fact, it's been a whole four months since anyone in the Swensen family has come across a dead body—a detail that just made the front page of the local paper. And that means Hannah Swensen can finally focus on her bakery. . .or can she?
Life is never really quiet for Hannah. After all, her mother's wedding is a little over a month away and guess who Delores put in charge of the planning? Yet just when Hannah believes her biggest challenge will be whether to use buttercream or fondant for the wedding cake, she accidentally hits a stranger with her cookie truck while driving down a winding country road in a raging thunderstorm. Hannah is wracked with guilt, and things get even worse when she's arrested. . .for murder! But an autopsy soon reveals the mystery man, his shirt covered in stains from blackberry pie, would have died even if Hannah hadn't hit him. Now, to clear her name, Hannah will have to follow a trail of pie crumbs to track down the identity of the deceased, find a baker who knows more about murder than how to roll out a perfect pie crust—and get herself to the church on time. . .
 Started two new libri today: It's been a sleepy summer for the folks of Lake Eden, Minnesota. In f
jlhfan624 commented…
Welcome to the seaside hamlet of Mystic Bay, where the fish is always fresh, the folks are ever-friendly, and murder is on a roll. . .

Allie Larkin was living her dream as a ballet dancer when a bad fall put her out of business. Now she’s back home in Mystic Bay to heal a broken ankle while also helping her dear Aunt Gully get her Lazy Mermaid Lobster Shack off the ground. Nothing would help Gully more than winning the local food festival’s Best Lobster Roll contest. The competition is sure to be killer―especially after one of the contest judges dies after eating a roll from one of Gully’s biggest rivals.

Soon, all eyes fall on Gully as the prime suspect. Allie may only have one good leg to stand on, but she’s not going to let her aunt go down for a crime she never could have cooked up. Can Allie, along with her devoted crew of friends, family, and customers, find a way to trap the killer and claw herself out of this hard-boiled murder case?
last edited più di un anno fa
 Welcome to the seaside hamlet of Mystic Bay, where the pesce is always fresh, the folks are ever-frien
jlhfan624 commented…
I give this book â­â­1/2. più di un anno fa
Britta Johnston might be a late bloomer, but after leaving her deadbeat husband and dead-end job, she’s finally pursuing her artistic passion at her aunt Elin’s floral boutique, Blomma, in Portland, Oregon. It’s on the banks of the Willamette, in a quaint district of cobblestone paths and cherry trees. The wine bar featuring Pacific Northwest vintages is a tasty bonus, offering another kind of bouquet to enjoy. But things aren’t as peaceful as they look.

For one thing, someone’s been leaving dead roses around—and a sleazy real estate developer who wants the waterfront property has put a big-money offer on the table. Then, after a contentious meeting of local business owners, he’s found on the floor of the shop, with Elin’s garden shears planted in his chest. And before the police decide to pin the crime on her beloved aunt, Britta will have to find out who arranged this murder . . .
 Britta Johnston might be a late bloomer, but after leaving her deadbeat husband and dead-end job, she
jlhfan624 commented…
After a short-lived marriage, Sherry Frazzelle is living single life to the fullest in her little Connecticut town, accompanied by her Jack Russell terrier, Chutney. Her new passion is competitive cooking--but it turns out that murder is the surprise ingredient . . .

With contestants from Maine to California and a ten-thousand-dollar prize at stake, Sherry's latest competition, hosted by the CEO of an organic food company, is sure to be heated. But she's more than ready to step up to the stove. After all, she did win the award for Most Creative Cupcake back in high-school.Today, she's hoping her flavorful pork tenderloin will sway the judges. Instead, it seems someone's decided to slay one of the judges . . .

After Chef Birns falls face first into the Seafood Flatbread Pizza, Sherry's dish is deemed suspicious. Now she'll have to stir through a stew of rule-breaking, corruption, and gossip to get herself off the chopping block, and find out who turned this food fight fatal . . .
 After a short-lived marriage, sherry Frazzelle is living single life to the fullest in her little Con
jlhfan624 commented…
When a priceless antique is stolen, murder unravels the peaceful seaside town of Haven Harbor, Maine. . .

Angie Curtis and her fellow Mainely Needlepointers know how to enjoy their holidays. But nothing grabs their attention like tying up loose threads. So when Mary Clough drops in on the group's Fourth of July supper with a question about an antique needlepoint she's discovered in her family attic, Angie and her ravelers are happy to look into the matter.

Angie's best guess is that the mystery piece may have been stitched by Mary, Queen of Scots, famous not just for losing her head, but also for her needlepointing. If Angie's right, the piece would be extremely valuable. For safekeeping, Angie turns the piece over to her family lawyer, who places it in a safe in her office. But when the lawyer is found dead with the safe open and ransacked, the real mystery begins. . .
 When a priceless antique is stolen, murder unravels the peaceful seaside town of Haven Harbor, Maine.
jlhfan624 commented…
Right when Dani thinks she’s hit a dead-end in her career, she unexpectedly inherits an enormous old house in a quaint college town. This gives her the perfect opportunity to pursue her true passion—cooking! So Dani opens Chef-to-Go, preparing delicious, ready-made meals for hungry students attending the nearby university, as well as providing personal chef services and catering events for the local community. To help support her new business, she opens her home to a few students, renting them rooms and becoming almost like a big sister figure in their lives.

But just as Dani is relishing her sweet new life, the friend of one of her boarders is murdered, and Dani becomes one of the primary suspects! She’ll have to scramble to clear her name and save her business before the killer reappears—perhaps to silence the new chef forever.
 Right when Dani thinks she’s hit a dead-end in her career, she unexpectedly inherits an enormous ol
jlhfan624 commented…
A snow globe becomes a murder weapon in the latest cozy mystery from the national bestselling author of Snow Way Out and The Iced Princess.

Mayor Lewis Frost has always been known as Frosty to his friends—not that he has many these days. Controversies swirling around the city council have members wondering if Frosty is trying to snow them. After one councilman storms off in a huff, the mayor turns to curio shop manager Camryn Brooks and asks her to consider taking a seat on the council.

Later, when Cami goes to his office to discuss the proposal, her blood runs cold. She finds Frosty dead, and the very snow globe she sold him earlier that day lies in sparkling shards on his carpet—along with a large diamond. Does the snow globe—which features a peculiar tableau of an armed man and three menacing bears—hold a clue to Frosty’s demise? One way or another, it’s up to Cami to shake things up before the killer’s trail goes cold...
 A snow globe becomes a murder weapon in the latest cozy mystery from the national bestselling autore
jlhfan624 commented…
It's Independence Day in Winter Garden, Virginia, and the residents are gearing up for their annual celebration. The Down South Cafe is open and flourishing, and Amy Flowers is busy making pies and cakes for the holiday. The only thorn in her side is Chamber of Commerce director George Lincoln, who is trying to buy the cafe so he can tear it down and build a B&B on the site.
When George collapses while eating at the Down South, everybody assumes it's a heart attack until the autopsy declares it to be poisoning. Now it s up to Amy to prove her innocence before her liberty is lost.
 It's Independence giorno in Winter Garden, Virginia, and the residents are gearing up for their annual c
te read some interesting subject matter,Heaather.I would have certainly recommended these libri to my Mother,had she still been here with us.She was a huge reader and was always looking for new things to read :) più di un anno fa
jlhfan624 commented…
Your mother sounds like my kind of soul, Berni! :) più di un anno fa
Aww,how lovely 💖 più di un anno fa
big smile
OK,i'm not an avid reader,my concentration is hopeless and I soon forget what I have read.But my Mother loved to read and before she passed she was reading a lot of Sherlock Holmes books.So I have decided to give one of the a go.I don't know how long it will take me *lol* ! but i'll certainly give it a try :)
 OK,i'm not an avid reader,my concentration is hopeless and I soon forget what I have read.But my falena
jlhfan624 commented…
Hope te enjoy it! Doesn't matter how long it takes te to read, just doing it is enough! :D più di un anno fa
Oh boy, I need to keep this up to date! I started this one a few days ago.

Lacy Marie Crocker's whimsical pet couture has gained a following in New Orleans's cozy Garden District, and word of mouth has traveled all the way to her favorite fashion designer, Annie Lane. Lacy's thrilled when Annie schedules a private session at her home to discuss a companion line for her evening wear, but when Lacy arrives for the appointment, she enters the kitchen to two mewling Siamese cats--and one very dead Annie.

Lacy takes the kittens home to care for them until they can be properly claimed by Annie's family or friends, but after a busy day of work, she returns home to find them missing. And when Lacy learns the cats are set to inherit Annie's fortune, she begins to wonder if the killer was after the kittens all along. Now Lacy will stop at nothing to save the Siamese and find justice for Annie--if the killer doesn't sink his claws into her first.

Luckily, Lacy has the help of handsome NOLA PD homicide detective Jack Oliver to help her catch the cat-napper before its too late in Cat Got Your Cash, the endearing second Kitty Couture mystery from Julie Chase.
 Oh boy, I need to keep this up to date! I started this one a few days ago. Lacy Marie Crocker's wh
Oh,my goodness I hope nothing happens to the cats.You describe this book eloquently,Heather.I may give this one a try ♥ più di un anno fa
jlhfan624 commented…
Berni, this is actually an incredible series! So funny and a great, light read! Thank goodness nothing happens to the Gatti (spoilers necessary lol)! Even though you're not a reader, it's worth a shot! The first book in the series is called "Cat Got Your Diamonds". più di un anno fa
jlhfan624 commented…
I might just do that <3 più di un anno fa
Currently reading in physical copy:

Since her only daughter left for college, widow Pamela Paterson has kept busy as associate editor of a craft magazine and founder of the Knit and Nibble knitting club in quaint Arborville, New Jersey. Now, she’s trying out a new hobby—solving murders!

Pamela is hosting the next Knit and Nibble meeting and can’t wait to liven up her otherwise empty home with colorful yarn, baking, and a little harmless gossip. She even recruits Amy Morgan, an old friend who recently moved to town, as the group’s newest member. But on the night of the gathering, Amy doesn’t show. Not until Pamela finds the woman dead outside—a knitting needle stabbed through the front of her handmade sweater . . .

Someone committed murder before taking off with Amy’s knitting bag, and Pamela realizes that only she can spot the deadly details hidden in mysterious skeins. But when another murder occurs, naming the culprit—and living to spin the tale—will be more difficult than Pamela ever imagined . . .
 Currently Leggere in physical copy: Since her only daughter left for college, widow Pamela Paters
Oh,my mum would haved just loved this,Heather ! she loved to read,loved to knit,loved to watch any kind of murder mystery...so she could try and solve it herself *lol* ! wish she could read this for herself right now :( più di un anno fa
jlhfan624 commented…
Berni, your mother sounds like a truly wonderful person! It may help to think of her in heaven doing those things. I think of my grandma that way sometimes. It helps. *hugs* più di un anno fa
jlhfan624 commented…
And on my Kindle (I just got a tablet):

Ally Sweet is happy to be returning for a short break to the small town where she grew up. She is planning on using the time off to get over her messy divorce and she is looking forward to spending time with her much-loved grandmother and relaxing making chocolates and anything chocolaty.

But then… the delivery driver for her grandmother’s chocolate shop is found murdered. The detectives investigating the crime have a prime suspect, Ally’s high school sweetheart, Brent. Ally believes that Brent would never murder anyone, so with the help of her trusted feline friend, Peaches, she tries to uncover the truth.

The search for the killer leads Ally straight into the line of danger. Will she be able find the murderer before she becomes a victim herself?
 And on my Kindle (I just got a tablet): Ally Sweet is happy to be returning for a short break to t
Oh my goodness,it's got everything.Right up my strada, via :) più di un anno fa
As owner of The Berry Basket, Marlee Jacob has learned a thing or two about surviving the summer tourist season in Oriole Point. So she gladly agrees to help run the annual road rally in honor of the local Blackberry Art School's centenary celebration. While alumni arrive from around the country, Marlee hopes the expansive Sanderling farm will make an appropriate starting point for the race--despite rumors that the land is cursed . . .

But when Marlee surveys the property, she stumbles upon a long-dead body hidden in the bramble. It's a horrifying mystery to everyone except her baker, who's convinced the skeletal remains belong to a former student who had gone missing twenty years earlier. As the Fourth of July activities heat up, Marlee must rush to catch an elusive murderer--before the next 'blackberry victim' is ripe for the picking!
 As owner of The Berry Basket, Marlee Jacob has learned a thing o two about surviving the summer tour
jlhfan624 commented…
Olivia Greyson is the proud owner of The Gingerbread House--a quaint shop that specializes in all things cookie--and her best friend, Maddie, is her sidekick, baking up scrumptious treats for their cookie-themed parties. But a dead body on their front porch might put their bake shop in a truly sticky situation...

Olivia is busy baking up special cookies for Maddie's upcoming engagement party when soap star Trevor Lane shows up unexpectedly in town. It soon becomes clear that Trevor, who grew up in the neighboring town of Twiterton, left behind a number of enemies with long memories. Even Trevor's assistant and childhood friend, Dougie, seems to harbor a grudge against him.

Soon after his arrival, Trevor is found dead on The Gingerbread House porch, his handsome face branded with the image of a cookie cutter. When their friend Stacey is implicated in the murder, Olivia and Maddie rush to find the killer. Because it seems someone in Chatterley Heights has a sweet tooth for revenge...
 Olivia Greyson is the proud owner of The Gingerbread House--a quaint negozio that specializes in all thi
jlhfan624 commented…
I give this book â­â­â­â­1/2. più di un anno fa
As a reporter, she’s used to covering the news.
Now she’s the headline.

Alex Vlodnachek has been a reporter for 12 years, a P.R. rep for three months, and a murder suspect for all of 24 hours. When her agency's double-dealing CEO is stabbed, scheming co-workers cast the new redhead as a compelling red herring. The story is media catnip—especially her salacious nickname: Vlod the Impaler.

Even Alex has to admit she looks guilty.

Out of a job and under suspicion, Alex is running low on cash, when she’s visited by a second disaster: her family. Soon her tiny bungalow is bursting with her nearest and not-so-dearest. To keep herself out of jail—and save what’s left of her sanity—Alex returns to her reporting roots. She goes undercover to reclaim her life, break the story, and unmask a murderer. Pretty much in that order.

What she doesn’t know: The killer also has a to-do list.
And Alex is on it.
 As a reporter, she’s used to covering the news. Now she’s the headline. Alex Vlodnachek has b
jlhfan624 commented…
Upon Leggere the first 100 pages, as a genre cozy fan these publishers have got to stop marketing things as 'cozy' when they are clearly not. When reviewing it, I'll have to try to separate 'cozy' from this one. più di un anno fa
jlhfan624 commented…
I give this book â­. più di un anno fa
Started and finished this one in two days' time. Love Kindle Unlimited!

In Pumpkin Hollow, Halloween is celebrated all year long. Mia Jordan has just moved home after being gone ten years, and when she discovers a neighbor has been murdered, it casts a shadow on the town's year-round Halloween theme. Can Mia find the killer and save the town's Halloween celebration before it's too late?
 Started and finished this one in two days' time. Amore Kindle Unlimited! In zucca Hollow, Hallowe
jlhfan624 commented…
I give this book â­â­â­â­1/2. più di un anno fa
I feel like I don't need to read any books,because te describe them all so great that I know the story.Aww,love ya Heather 💜 più di un anno fa
jlhfan624 commented…
I can't take any credit! lol These are the professional descriptions! più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa ktichenor said…
smile
This is really isn't a review but if you like these books you might like M.C Beaton's books including Agatha Raisin.Her plots are similar to what you're reading. I can't provide a cover (sorry) but here's a description of the character and her summary of first book 'Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death' in case you're interested. 😊

Agatha Raisin is a frustrated, yet endearing, middle-aged public-relations agent who moved from London to Carsely in the Cotswolds when she sold her public-relations firm in Mayfair and took early retirement. She solves murders in each of the earlier books, but in the fifteenth book Agatha Raisin and the Deadly Dance (2004) Agatha sets up her own detective agency. The police, and even some of her acquaintances, insist that she solves crimes through accident and luck.

In the first book, Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death (1992), Agatha is 53. She was born Agatha Styles in a tower block slum in Birmingham to Joseph and Margaret Styles, both unemployed drunks living on benefits and occasional bouts of shoplifting. She went for one glorious week on a rare family vacation to the Cotswolds (her parents preferred going to a casino/holiday camp) and she never forgot that golden holiday or the beauty of the countryside. Agatha went to the local comprehensive, then saved enough from her biscuit factory wages to run off to London. After an evening secretarial course she worked as a secretary in a public relations firm, moved into public relations work and saved enough to start her own firm.

She lives in the village of Carsely, but her detective agency Raisin Investigations and the police headquarters where Bill Wong is based are in the nearby town of Mircester. Even though Carsely and Mircester are fictional, they are based on true places; she does, however frequent Evesham, Moreton-in-Marsh, Stow-on-the-Wold, Chipping Campden and other nearby villages quite often. Agatha's first case came when she first moved to Carsely and heard about a quiche competition. She promptly bought a spinach quiche in London from a famous quiche shop and entered it as her own. She was outraged she did not win but later the judge, Reg Cummings-Browne, took another slice and died from cowbane poisoning. Frustrated, Agatha set out to find the poisoner and clear her own name.

(I know I'm not doing this forum right. This is just a friendly suggestion. There's even a t.v series of Agatha Raisin that's good, too. But any of M.C Beaton's books are good, really.
But like I said I noticed you liked the same kind of mysteries that I liked and I just wanted to suggest a new book and author that I thought you might what to check out. 😊)

Thanks!
jlhfan624 commented…
I have heard of these books, but haven't read one yet! I guess now I need to push it higher to the superiore, in alto of my TBR list! più di un anno fa
ktichenor commented…
Hope te like it! 😊 più di un anno fa
As autumn air settles into the quaint small town of Silver Hollow, there’s nothing more popular than Sasha’s teddy bears—and murder in cold blood . . .

Silver Bear Shop and Factory manager Sasha Silverman is cozying up to the fall season by hosting Silver Hollow’s Cranbeary Tea Party, the opening event of the village’s Oktobear Fest—a too-cute celebration themed around teddy bears. She barely has a moment to agonize over the return of her former high school rival, Holly Parker, whose new toy and bookstore in town could spell big trouble for her the Silver Bear Shop and her cousin’s small bookstore . . .

But when Sasha discovers Holly’s shop assistant dead with a knife plunged in her body, the unpleasant woman suddenly looks like a real backstabber. So does Sasha’s ex-husband, rumored to have rekindled the fiery extramarital affair he once had with the victim. Now, before a gruesome homicide case takes the fun out of both the Fest and her personal life, Sasha must identify the true culprit from a daunting suspect list—or risk becoming as lifeless as one of her stuffed bears . . .
 As autumn air settles into the quaint small town of Silver Hollow, there’s nothing più popolare tha
On my Kindle:

Fresh off of a nasty divorce, Rainey Daye has moved home to the small Idaho town where she grew up. Life in Sparrow, Idaho moves at a slower pace, but Rainey is adjusting. She took a job at Sam’s Diner and is trying to forget her formerly cushy gig on a morning news program and her publishing career. But, when her mother’s business rival dies after eating the clam chowder Rainey served her, she and her mother are at the top of Detective Cade Starkey’s suspect list.

Can Rainey find the killer before she and her mother find themselves behind bars for a murder they didn’t commit?
 On my Kindle: Fresh off of a nasty divorce, Rainey Daye has moved home to the small Idaho town whe
jlhfan624 commented…
Kindle again:

Lilah Fallon is beyond excited at the prospect of opening her own cookie store, with the help of her neighbor, Margie. She already has her first major order, due the day before Thanksgiving, and is frantically searching for the perfect space in which to put her shop. Finding the perfect building for sale, she’s ready to jump in feet first and put a payment down before someone else snatches it up, but when the owner is found dead, hours after she last saw him, her plans are derailed.

Once again faced with a mysterious death, Lilah begins having second thoughts about opening her store. As Thanksgiving draws near and she struggles to finish the huge cookie order on time, she finds herself overwhelmed and on the verge of giving up, wondering if her dreams of owning a cookies store will be just another failed venture.
 Kindle again: Lilah Fallon is beyond excited at the prospect of opening her own cookie store, with
jlhfan624 commented…
Woo, I haven't updated this in a long time because it's been so busy at work (my few times I have occasion to read) and I haven't been able to barely get a page read in a day! I've had to stop and start so many books I can't finish but I'm trying again...here's what I'm working on currently.

Getting used to life back home in Deer Park, North Carolina, Sydney McCall and her right-hand tabby, Toby, are helping her sister Kat run the local animal shelter. Syd and Kat are all excited about the prospect of the shelter's newest fundraiser: shopping channel queen Ulla Townsend. Shelter admin Maggie Shayne vehemently refuses to have anything to do with the woman, but the fundraiser ensues as planned. That is, until Ulla turns up dead in the middle of the event.

The cause of death is determined to be an allergic reaction, but Syd and Toby are sniffing out something fishy. When Syd met Ulla, it was clear she was distasteful and rude. And right before the event, Syd spotted some behind-the-scenes drama between Ulla and her manager. As they begin to investigate, they realize there is no shortage of suspects, and Maggie is at the top of the list.

Now Syd and Toby must claw their way to the truth before everything goes paws up at their animal shelter.
 Woo, I haven't updated this in a long time because it's been so busy at work (my few times I have occ
jlhfan624 commented…
It's always been Mimi Rousseau's dream to open her own bistro, but it seems beyond her grasp since she's been chased back home to Nouvelle Vie in Napa Valley by her late husband's tremendous debt. Until her best friend Jorianne James introduces her to entrepreneur Bryan Baker who invests in promising prospects. Now, working the bistro and inn until she's able to pay it off and call it her own, Mimi is throwing the inn's first wedding ever.
The wedding will be the talk of the town, as famous talk show host Angelica Edmonton, daughter of Bryan's half-brother, Edison, has chosen the inn as her perfect venue. Anxious, Mimi is sure things are going to turn south, especially when Edison gets drunk and rowdy at the out-of-towners' dinner, but by the evening, things begin to look up again. That is until six AM rolls around, and Bryan is found dead at the bistro with an eclair stuffed in his mouth. And the fingers point at Mimi, whose entire loan is forgiven in Bryan's will.
Now it's up to Mimi to clear her name and get to the bottom of things before the killer turns up the heat again.
 It's always been Mimi Rousseau's dream to open her own bistro, but it seems beyond her grasp since sh
jlhfan624 commented…
All appears peaceful in sleepy Port Quincy, Pennsylvania--but in this small town, old grudges die hard. . .

After dumping her cheating fiancé and cancelling the wedding, Mallory Shepard can't bear another disaster. So when the former bride-to-be unexpectedly inherits Thistle Park, a ramshackle mansion in her ex's hometown of Port Quincy, it's a problem she can't afford--literally. Abound with stray cats, peeling wallpaper, and nosy neighbors, Mallory is dying to sell it off--once she finally fixes up both the place and her messy life. . .

Turns out, Thistle Park has its charms. But the honeymoon phase is abruptly cut short when an unwanted visitor is found dead on the front lawn. Enlisting the help of her sister Rachel, Mallory vows to unveil the killer before she herself becomes married to the suspect list. . .
 All appears peaceful in sleepy Port Quincy, Pennsylvania--but in this small town, old grudges die har
jlhfan624 commented…
There were two things Rainey hated…

That one of her friends was murdered.

And another friend is accused of murder.

Why would a man that feared water go near the Snake River? And who would kill someone that everyone liked? Rainey isn’t sure, but she’s going to find out whether Detective Cade Starkey wants her to or not.
 There were two things Rainey hated… That one of her Friends was murdered. And another frien
jlhfan624 commented…
Twenty years ago, America was captivated by the awful drama of the O.J. Simpson trial. The Simpson "Dream Team" legal defense had a seemingly impossible task: convincing a jury that their client was innocent of the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman. In order for O.J. Simpson to get away with murder, the defense attorneys had to destroy the reputation of Mark Fuhrman, a brilliant Los Angeles detective who was the lead on the murder scene and had collected overwhelming physical evidence against Simpson. Now Fuhrman tells his side of the story in the #1 New York Times bestseller Murder in Brentwood, a damning exposé that reveals why and how Simpson's prosecution was bungled. Fuhrman offers a sincere mea culpa for allowing his personal mistakes to become a focal point of the defense's strategy but also stands by the evidence he collected, writing: "One thing I will not apologize for is my policework on the O.J. Simpson case."

With Fuhrman's own hand-drawn maps of the crime scene, his reconstruction of the murders, and interrogation transcripts, Murder in Brentwood is the book that sets the record straight about what really happened on June 12, 1994—and reveals why the O.J. Simpson trial was such a catastrophe.
 Twenty years ago, America was captivated da the awful drama of the O.J. Simpson trial. The Simpson "D
jlhfan624 commented…
This has been put on hold temporarily. più di un anno fa
With a veterinarian dad and a pet-rescuing mom, helping animals is a family business for the Dentons—but after a shocking murder, it’s Liz Denton’s son who might end up in a cage . . .

Sadly, Timothy Fuller is too old and infirm to continue caring for his beloved Pomeranian, Stewie, who is also elderly. But finding Stewie a new home has been challenging. Fortunately, Liz Denton and her son, Ben, are on the case. With two beagles and a calico currently residing under their roof, they’re always ready to provide care in an emergency.

But a rival rescue group is already there when they show up at the Fuller house—along with a nurse and Mr. Fuller’s sour-faced son. After an unpleasant argument, they reschedule the pickup for later. But by the time she gets back, Stewie is an orphan. Mr. Fuller has been found with a knife in his back. And Ben, who’d stopped off to visit one of Mr. Fuller’s neighbors, has been collared. Now solving the mystery is Liz’s only hope for rescuing her own son . . .
 With a veterinarian dad and a pet-rescuing mom, helping animali is a family business for the Dentonsâ
jlhfan624 commented…
Did not finish, I give this book â­â­ for what I did read. più di un anno fa
Hannah is nervous about the upcoming trial for her involvement in a tragic accident. She's eager to clear her name once and for all, but her troubles only double when she finds the judge bludgeoned to death with his own gavel and Hannah is the number one suspect.
 Hannah is nervous about the upcoming trial for her involvement in a tragic accident. She's eager to c
jlhfan624 commented…
This has been put on hold temporarily. più di un anno fa
Hitler boasted that The Third Reich would last a thousand years. It lasted only 12. But those 12 years contained some of the most catastrophic events Western civilization has ever known.
No other powerful empire ever bequeathed such mountains of evidence about its birth and destruction as the Third Reich. When the bitter war was over, and before the Nazis could destroy their files, the Allied demand for unconditional surrender produced an almost hour-by-hour record of the nightmare empire built by Adolph Hitler. This record included the testimony of Nazi leaders and of concentration camp inmates, the diaries of officials, transcripts of secret conferences, army orders, private letters—all the vast paperwork behind Hitler's drive to conquer the world.

The famed foreign correspondent and historian William L. Shirer, who had watched and reported on the Nazis since 1925, spent five and a half years sifting through this massive documentation. The result is a monumental study that has been widely acclaimed as the definitive record of one of the most frightening chapters in the history of mankind.
 Hitler boasted that The Third Reich would last a thousand years. It lasted only 12. But those 12 anno
Erno Oliveri made sure to be on set for his daughter's cook-off appearance on Sunny Side Up with Brett and Carmell. Or as it's now known, Sunny Side Up with Carmell and Brett--since the ambitious young Carmell seems to have the producer and station owner eating out of her hand. But the important news is that Sherry has bested the competition with her Spicy Toasted Chickpea and Almond appetizer and clinched the spatula-shaped trophy. It's her shining moment--until everything goes dark.

A quick-moving storm has knocked out power to the studio--and when the lights come back up, Carmell is at her desk with a sharp object lodged in her neck. The weapon is an unusual tool, used by craftsmen who make hooked rugs. Has someone taken corporate backstabbing to a new level, and framed Erno in the process? If Sherry's going to protect her dad and their family name, she has to find out where he was when the lights went out . . .
 Erno Oliveri made sure to be on set for his daughter's cook-off appearance on Sunny Side Up with Bret
jlhfan624 commented…
As the new music box store owner and resident of Keepsake Cove, a quaint town full of collectible shops on Maryland's Eastern Shore, Callie Reed is eager to get more involved in her community. She volunteers to plan the Fall street decorations and welcome a visiting author who's come for a special book signing. But the celebratory mood is cut short when the local B&B owner is found dead, killed by a pair of vintage scissors.

Suspicion is cast on the victim's estranged wife, Dorothy, who owns Keepsake Cove's vintage sewing shop. Callie is sure Dorothy is innocent, and the visiting author agrees. Together, they begin their own investigation, only to discover that many people in Keepsake Cove have secrets. Secrets that are worth killing to keep quiet.
 As the new Musica box store owner and resident of Keepsake Cove, a quaint town full of collectible sho
jlhfan624 commented…
Krissy is meeting Vicki's parents at the Pine Hills, Ohio, airport--it's the least she can do as maid of honor, even if her relationship with Mr. and Mrs. Patterson is a bit strained. Besides, her own dad is coming in on the same flight. But there are a few additional arrivals, too. Her father's brought a date--and the Pattersons, both actors, seem to have an entire entourage trailing behind them.

Uninvited guests are a headache--especially when one turns out to be, allegedly at least, the most important wedding planner in all the world. Though Vicki and Krissy have already made arrangements for a small, simple party, Vicki's snobby drama queen mother has her own ideas. Cathy the wedding planner is raring to go, possibly energized by the chocolate-covered espresso beans she compulsively munches. But while the caffeine keeps her awake, it doesn't keep her alive--and after Cathy chokes on an espresso bean after being hit in the head, Krissy has to find out who ended her supposedly stellar career . . .
 Krissy is meeting Vicki's parents at the Pine Hills, Ohio, airport--it's the least she can do as maid
jlhfan624 commented…