Day 23 - A song that makes you angry
Day 24 - A cover song
Day 25 - An acoustic song you love
Day 26 - A song by your favorite band
Day 27 - An underrated song
Day 28 - A duet
Day 29- A song currently stuck in your head
Day 30- Your five/ten favorite songs
 I think we all know how these work... giorno 01 - Your all-time preferito song giorno 02 - A song that m

Musica 209 risposte

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 209

più di un anno fa jlhfan624 said…
heart
Day 01 - Your all-time favorite song
Forever & ever always
heart
Day 02 - A song that makes you happy
If there's ever a time that YAS QUEEN is applicable, it's with this song. I LOVE HERRRRR
last edited più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa zanhar1 said…
Day 1

Always WT's Our Farewell. Like I wrote a mini-essay on this; Okay this song is just so special to me. The whole song is an eargasm! All of it, every single part, no exceptions! First and foremost the song is super important to me on an emotional level. When my dog passed away, when my aunt passed away, this was the song I turned to. Despite it's name, the ending line was 'this is not our farewell' and that was just such an important thing to hear at the time. To know that in death (depending on your faith) it's not a farewell forever. That said, Our Farewell's meaning is just superb. The song is about losing someone and just when you think it's hopeless 'because my child, this not our farewell this is not our farewell.' The song is an all around sweet song because no matter how you interpreter it, the narrator is standing by the person he/she is saying farewell to, providing this person comfort; 'See the sadness in your eyes you are not alone in life although you might think that you are' and 'I will watch you through these nights
rest your head and go to sleep.' I just cannot get over how sweet and beautiful the message of this song is. Our Farewell actually had me tearing up. I don't tear up easily, and this song is the only song to make me do so. That's just how powerful it is...how moving. The fact that it was able to move me so much is what got me to like the song as much as I do. Those tears came to my eyes before Our Farewell was even in the top ten. That said, Our Farewell is the song that got me into Within Temptation--at least it was the song that had me loving them as much as I do (Ice Queen & Mother Earth got me into the band). This song is what had me obsessed with that band, and I'm so glad it did because Within Temptation as a whole is an important band to me. The meaning and the nostalgia tied to the songs aren't the only reasons it's my number 1 song. I'm also a big fan of the instruments; the piano intro really set the mood, the piano melody aided with that sense of sadness a real lot. But the song certainly wouldn't have such emotion behind it if not for Sharon's (always) sublime vocals. Sharon just has such an alluring, graceful, and beautiful voice. Her high notes are always on key. She's a very powerful singer, her voice is clear and smooth and soothing. Our Farewell exploited all of that. In melody and harmony her voice is just on point, especially in the song's breakdown. I think that Our Farewell is just an all around perfect song, I'm so glad it exists. It's not every day that you stumble across such a musical gem.
Day 03 - A holiday song
This is my favorite Christmas song and my favorite version of this song. Sooo beautiful.
Day 2; This one or this Icelandic song. But I can never seem to find the Icelandic one on Youtube anymore so I'll post the other. The band Ch!pz usually does it too...most Bubblegum Dance bands do.
Day 04 - A song that reminds you of something sad
I mean, I don't think I need to explain.
zanhar1 commented…
This is a good song. più di un anno fa
Day 3: Weeps forever because Within Temptation made one. But I'm also fond of this; link and this; link

If you include other holidays, I love Kristina Lawrence. link

But my main favorite is Gothic Christmas.
più di un anno fa ktichenor said…
heart
Day 1 All time favorite song. 'Chandelier' by Sia.
Enough said. I just love it!
zanhar1 commented…
Wonderful song1 più di un anno fa
zanhar1 commented…
*! più di un anno fa
big smile
Day 2 Song that makes you happy. 'Play that song' by Train. Always makes me smile
Day 4: This was the last song I listened to with my dog before she passed away so I kind of associate it with that. I still like the song a lot but it's harder to listen to.
Day 05 - A song that has a new meaning to you every time you hear it
This is one of my favorite songs ever of all-time. And I actually think about it (and the music video) a lot. After reading a comment about somebody's personal story with the song, I feel it's more deep than the first few listens.
Day 06 - A song you can always relate to
Because I'm a cynical, for-life grudge holder who doesn't have a trustworthy friend in the world.
zanhar1 commented…
I also like this one. più di un anno fa
heart
Day 3 Holiday song: Hallelujah by Pentatonix. I love this! It's not your typical holiday song and it's so powerful, love it!
Day 5: I don't think I really have one of these but I've picked out so many meanings when listening to Our Farewell. But since I already posted this one I'll go with Mortar. Mortar gives me a different vibe every time I hear it, if that counts.
Day 07 - A song that is your guilty pleasure
I don't typically have guilty pleasures (in anything). If I like something, I like it and don't feel bad about it regardless of what anyone thinks. But if I did, this song would be one of them lol
zanhar1 commented…
I'm gonna have to look up più of her songs. This style of Musica is right up my alley. I'm with te though; If I like something I tend to do it shamelessly. più di un anno fa
Day 4 A song that makes you think of something sad. 'All My Life' by K-Ci & JoJo. I know it's a happy love song but let me explain. When I was younger I had an awesome friend, he was like an uncle to me when I was little. Just a fantastic person! And when he got married he used this song for his wedding, he even sang it to his bride as they danced. It was the perfect moment but a month later he was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident. So every time I hear that song I start missing him again. I also think of his widow and the pain she's going through. So unfair. I still can't listen to that song without feeling sad.
Day 5 Song that has a new meaning every time you hear it. 'Uprising' by Muse. One of my favorites! When I first heard it I thought of it like a catchy youth rebellion song but now with the big mess that's going on (thanks to a certain reality t.v show moron in Washington) it has a deeper meaning and feeling for me, now and it gives me hope that we will get through this. And like I said I love the song!
zanhar1 commented…
Uprising is a kickass song! più di un anno fa
Day 6: I have so many of these but at the moment its World of Make Believe that resonates with me the most (or In Perfect Harmony). It just speaks to my daydreamer/writer soul.
big smile
Day 6. A song you can always relate to. Pork and Beans by Weezer. Because I am a proud, nerdy, whovian, ace and always will be! And there's nothing wrong with being yourself. Also I just love song, it's awesome.
Day 08 - A song you liked when you were younger
For this one, I was originally going to choose a song I used to love when I was younger but no longer do. When I couldn't think of one off the top of my head, this one came to mind. It was legitimately my absolute favorite song for like 15 years. I played it for hours on end, and I still love it to this day but it's no longer my #1.
zanhar1 commented…
Oh man, this is another good one. I like your taste in music. più di un anno fa
big smile
Day 7 A song that is your guilty pleasure. Dancing Queen by ABBA. Why? Makes me happy. And if something makes you happy why not enjoy it? Enough said.
Day 8 A song you liked when you were younger. 'Only Happy When It Rains' by Garbage. God, I loved this song as I teen! I played it all the time on my Cd player. It was so different and I loved that. To be honest I still love the song and I might have it on my i-pod. ;)
zanhar1 commented…
I loved that one! più di un anno fa
Day 7: Pretty much anything Nicki Minaj or Blood On The Dancefloor. I also feel kind of bad for liking this one as I am Catholic.
Day 8: Oh lord, there was so many! But the ones that stand out the most are Walk Like An Egyptian, Move Your Feet, To Love You More, Believe, and Steal My Sunshine. I'll go with the last one because I constantly asked for that one to be on repeat.
ktichenor commented…
Oh, god I remember those! Amore them all! più di un anno fa
zanhar1 commented…
te also have good taste lol. più di un anno fa
Day 09 - A song that makes you want to dance
Best song ever? Yes. Best song ever.
big smile
Day 9 A song that makes you want to dance.

First off I don't dance mainly because I'm a lousy dancer but if I did want to dance it would definitely have to be to one of my favorite songs ever; 'I Love It' by Icona Pop.

It's got attitude, it's fun, it's awesome! It's perfect!
zanhar1 commented…
That song is so catchy! più di un anno fa
laugh
Day 10 - A song that makes you cry
That's an emotion I don't have...next.
sunny
Day 11 - A song that reminds you of summer
Summers are always cruel. I hate them.
zanhar1 commented…
Ah dude, this was my marmellata as a kid! più di un anno fa
Day 10 A song that makes you cry. I don't really have one. Songs don't make me cry, emotional, yeah but not enough to break down in tears except maybe 'All my life'. But if I had to pick a song that makes me really sad it would be 'Joanne' by Lady Gaga. It reminds me of my mom's dementia and how every day I'm slowly losing her. That should make me cry but what's that gonna fix? Sucks, right?
big smile
Day 11 Okay that was depressing, next day, please! (I know, I'm cheating, sorry. One time I promise.)
A song that reminds you of summer. "Getting Better' by the Beatles. Love this song and love the album! Just shouts summer!
Day 9: All of them lmao. Literally every song I like. But I get the most dance-y vibes when I listen to this;
Day 10: The only song that actually made me cry was the song I posted for day 1; Our Farewell. Lucid Dreamer also had me coming close.
Day 11: I also have so many of those. It really does depend on the year. Last year it was Charlee Remitz's Chlorine. This year (so far) it's Cheap Trick's The Summer Looks Good On You. But I'm gonna go with Kid Rock's All Summer Long because it reminds me of the best summer I've had so far.
Day 12 - A song that reminds you of someone you know
My mom is a huge Bette Davis fan so of course this is one of her favorite songs.
sunny
Day 12 A song that reminds you of someone you know. 'You Belong To Me' by Carly Simon. My mom's favorite song! She used to sing it a lot when I was little. :)
Day 13 - A song you sing to in the shower
I don't sing in the shower, but if I did...
Day 12: Both Gives You Hell and Scotty Doesn't Know remind me of one of my past best friends. Not because he's a bad dude but because he showed them to me on a field trip once and it was one of my most memorable middle school memories.
ktichenor commented…
Amore that one! One of my absolute faves! più di un anno fa
Day 13 A song you sing in the shower. A shower song? Um, I don't have one, I don't sing in the shower (and that's a good thing, lol!) But if I had a 'shower song' I guess it would be 'The Middle' by Zedd. I like the song and I guess you can sing it in the shower? *shrugs*
Day 13: I don't sing in the shower but if I did it would be whatever is stuck in my head at the moment. So currently Despacito.
Day 14 - A song you like hearing live
There's nothing like hearing your favorite song live, but I've already used Shout once and I don't want to use the same song if I can avoid so my next favorite would be this one from Depeche Mode. I've seen them 3 times and every time they closed with this song. It's quite an experience, and always makes you sad the show is over.
Day 14 A song you like hearing live. Okay, I've never heard a song played live like in a concert but if I could pick it would be 'We Will Rock You' by Queen or any song by Queen, really cause there one of my favorite groups and I know they would sound awesome.
Day 15 - FREE DAY!
I had no place to put this song in the challenge and that pained me. So here it is!
Day 14: I loved hearing this song live, probably more than I liked it when I heard it on the album.
heart
Day 15 Free day. 'All I Ask' by Adele. My favorite song and one of my favorite singers! Love her!
angelic
Day 16 - An 80's song
Ahh I love the 80s! It's my favorite decade, especially musically. This song is probably in every 80s movie and some early 90s ones too, and it's criminally underrated. One of my favorites of the decade easily.
zanhar1 commented…
Haven't heard this one before but it's catchy. più di un anno fa
Day 15: I haven't gotten a chance to post any Delain yet so have some Delain. This is the first song I heard by the band.
cool
Day 16 An 80's song. Ah, the 80's! (Yay!) My decade! When I think the 80's, I think the song 'Girls Just Want To Have Fun' by Cyndi Lauper. My favorite song! Just so rebellious and fun!
zanhar1 commented…
Oh lord, I loved this one too. più di un anno fa
Day 16: Oh man there are so many good 80's songs I adore hair metal. I was having trouble picking between Autograph's Turn Up The Radio and pretty much anything Poison. But I gotta go Unskinny Bop because that was my jam as a kid.
Day 17 - A 90's song
Again I didn't want to choose my ultimate favorite (mainly bc that one is in the last day challenge), but I have an old DVD with a compilation of grunge/alt/etc rock music videos from the 90s and this song/video is on it. Criminally underrated again. I think about this song at least once a week TBH.
Day 17 A 90's song 'Flagpole Sitta' by Harvey Danger. I loved this song as a teen! I listened to it all the time so underrated but I so loved it! I still have it on my i-pod.
zanhar1 commented…
Omg this song is the shit! più di un anno fa