My Chemical Romance 20 giorno MCR Challenge

DarkestZsusanna posted on Aug 28, 2011 at 07:16AM
Credit goes to killjoy0723 on mychemicalromance.com for the idea, I just thought that it would work well here.

The 20 Day Challenge!(: Day 1!
Day 1) Your Favourite song and why?
Day 2) Your Favourite album and why?
Day 3) If you could see a show from any era what era would you choose?
Day 4) First song you heard?
Day 5) Your favourite member
Day 6) A lyric that means a lot to you
Day 7) If you got to write part of the set list for one show only, what 5 songs would you choose?
Day 8)Favourite quote?
Day 9)One of your favourite moments from “Life on the murder scene”?
Day10) What was your first reaction to Danger Days?
Day11) A song that makes you instantly smile?
Day12) A song that cheers you up straight away?
Day 13) A song that you can/want to play on an instrument?
Day 14) The song with your favourite lyric?
Day 15) Favourite video?
Day 16) Favourite era?
Day 17) A song that you’ve cried to at least once
Day 18) A song you would want played at your funeral
Day 19) Name three things that remind you of MCR
Day 20) One of your favourite photo’s

I also just want to say that we need more forum updates. nobody get on here. It's really just boring without them. C'mon guys, we can do better!
 Credit goes to killjoy0723 on mychemicalromance.com for the idea, I just thought that it would work w
last edited on Aug 28, 2011 at 10:25PM

My Chemical Romance 56 risposte

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 56

più di un anno fa DarkestZsusanna said…
MCR 20 Day Challenge Day 1 begins now and will continue throughout Aug 28, 2011

My favorite My Chemical Romance song is I'm Not Okay (I Promise) because I find it's true. I also see bits of the bands past in the song and think that it is definately unique and fun and just altogether amazing.
last edited più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa misanthrope86 said…
30 day challenge... or 20 day challenge...?

Plus, given the timezone differences and personal time constraints, I won't doing the challenge within the timeframes given, but that shouldn't offend anyone, right?

EDIT:
Day One: Favourite Song

*ponders* Either Sleep or Famous Last Words... I'll go with Sleep because I know Famous Last Words will be my answer to a few other day's questions. Sleep is just epic. Its a big song about big stuff (ya know, death etc). It has some of my favourite lyrics and the drums on it are monstrous and I just love it.
Yeah, it did say 30, my bad. fixed it though
più di un anno fa mcrkilljoygirl said…
heart
I dont know if im going to do it right ^^

Day 1:Favorite song:

Its gotta be early sunsets over monroeville Love the lyrics the guittar everything his voices just express what the song means♥
più di un anno fa Gerardwayluvr97 said…
heart
Day 1: I'm Not Okay bcuz tht is literally my life in a song. I've had that b my Theme song 4 a long time now.
Day Two: Your Favourite Album

The Black Parade - It is probably my joint favourite album of all time (with Green Day's Nimrod). Its just so grand and it tells a story that is bigger than just its narrative. I think its perfect.
Day 2 - Your Favourite Album

Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge - I think that it's definately unique. It tells a tragic story about two lovers. It's just so interesting.
più di un anno fa MCR_Freak_161 said…
heart
Sorry, I am a day late... Can I just post two?
Day 1: Favorite Song
You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison
First of all, I really love the beginning. While listening to the song and its lyrics a story formed in my head and I think that is exactly what any song should do. For some reason the laughter in the background really thrilled me and it reminded me of the Halloween song that was my favorite, "They Are Coming To Take Me Away" The whole song just blends together to sound amazing.
tongue
Day 2: Favorite Album
Welcome To The Black Parade
I am into dark music. The music about death was extremely interesting to me. I could relate to many of the songs, especially Teenagers and Cancer. I live in a preppy neighberhood in the suburbs with lots of rich snobs that are super picky. We have all these anti-bullieing programs and nothing like pregnancy or drugs goes on. One day I went to the city and the teenagers there just teriffied the heck out of me. I spent most of the time listening to Teenagers and the song really clicked. My great grandfather died of Cancer, we were close. When he died Cancer described exactly how he had felt. The Black Parade was when I really clicked and became a very loyal fan of My Chemical Romance.
I am super glad that Gerard got over is alchohal problem and I have no intent in offending anyone but... I must admit in the first to albums... He was drunk. Personally I just think hes voice went from really good to SUPER FREAKIN' AMAZIN'!!!!
There last album is very good and I realise that with children they don't want to be dark as much, they don't really want to think about death when they just brought a new life into the world. I understand that they want to push the boundaries and explore new types of music and write dark songs to upbeat tunes because thats just what they are about. I respect that. But personally, I am just more into darker stuff. Death, screamo. It just makes me feel.. Amazing. I truly can not describe it.
Day Three: If you could see a show from any era what era would you choose?

I have been fortunate enough to see them the 2 times that they have come to New Zealand, and both of those times was during the Black Parade era. So I really would have loved to have seen them live in either the Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge era or the I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love era. One of those smaller, early underground shows would have been awesome.
Day Three: If you could see a show from any era what era would you choose?
Welcome To The Black Parade
I actually never got to see them then, I was "too young" and could not afford tickets anyways. I have heard it was awesome with the pyro and such. I really wish I could have seen it, I must have missed so much.
Day Four: First Song You Heard?

'I'm Not Okay (I Promise)'
Day Five: Your Favourite Member

Bob Bryar
 [b]Day Five: Your Favourite Member[/b] Bob Bryar
più di un anno fa Iscream said…
day 1:uhmm I love all their songs but specially vampires will never hurt you cuz the intro is amazing, love the vampires,gee's voice and the whispers at the end of the song =DD
day 2: All their albums are amazing!! but I guess that has more meaning and a better story is the black parade I thought someone whose life is ending really feels like that =DD
day 3: all the projekt revolution tour...it was amazing!!!
I don't remember well... I thought it was Helena when I was like 9 years old, good times =DD
Day Six: A Lyric That Means A Lot To You

Pretty much all of the lyrics from Sleep...

A drink for the horror that I'm in
For the good guys, and the bad guys
For the monsters that I've been
Three cheers for tyranny
Unapologetic apathy
Cause there ain't no way that I'm coming back again...
There's things that I have done, you never,
Should ever know
And without you is how I disappear,
And live my life alone forever now.
And without you is how I disappear,
And live my life alone forever now.

That lyrics remind me a lot of things I have done
Day Seven: If you got to write part of the set list for one show only, what 5 songs would you choose?

~Sleep
~Famous Last Words
~Helena
~Mama
~House Of Wolves
Day 2: I brought you bullets because is were eveything started were Gee just writen about his past and the emotions that he had in his life i just love it
Day Eight: Favourite quote?

*shrugs* I don't know. A few years ago I'm sure I would have had a million quotes at the ready... I have always had an appreciation for the hilarious yet wise utterances of Mikey Way.
Day:3

I would love to see the bullets era ^_^ ahhh awesomness and wellrevenge and black paraade too ^^
Day Nine: One of your favourite moments from 'Life On The Murder Scene'?

LOL. Again, a few years ago, this would have been a very long answer, but I haven't watched it ages... I'll rewatch it and re-answer this one.
day 4:

The first song i heard was "Welcome to the balck parade" ^_^
Day Ten: What was your first reaction to Danger Days?

Um... well... It wasn't exactly positive... Musically, I think Danger Days is boring. Lyrically, I think its almost genius. So while my first reaction was a little bit angry at how boring it sounds, I've grown to like it for its lyrical gems. I still think that, musically, it is by far their worst album. But that isn't surprising. Whenever a band does an apocalyptic album (ie MCR's 'The Black Parade', Green Day's 'American Idiot'), they, by default, follow it up with a post-apocalyptic record that kinda rebuilds the band. MCR currently in that process. I just think that they haven't quite been able to re-structure themselves yet. Maybe it will all click again for the next record, or maybe the one after that. Or maybe not at all. I dunno, now I'm just rambling.
Day five:

Gerard ^_^
 giorno five: Gerard ^_^
I haven't been on in a while so I (you don't have to. Just go at your own pace) am going to continue with Day 3.

Day 3:

I wish I could see The Black Parade. It looks like it was amazing. And the energy presented by the band during every show was stunning. I couldn't take my eyes off of Gerard at the same time that I couldn't focus on anything. I never got to see a show live which makes me want to cry but I've seen so many videos and The Black Parade is Dead that if I could see even their worst show from that era I would love it.
wink
Day Eleven: A song that makes you instantly smile?

'You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison', although I'd say it makes me smirk more than smile.
Haha same here. I love it! ^^

Day 4: First song you heard?

The first MCR song that I heard was Teenagers. It was so strange. My brother played it a lot on his ipod and I hadn't really listened much or payed much attention. But then I did listen. I realized that it was such a discriptive song that I could invision every second of it. Then I watched the music video and eventually my friend bought 'The Black Parade'. I was hooked. Now I'm lucky enough to understand the gas masks in the vid!
heart
Day 6:

"Your not in this alone", "im not a fraid to keep or living im not a raid to walk this world alone" a lot more
Day Twelve: A song that cheers you up straight away?

'Teenagers'
heart
Day 5: Your favorite member

I would say Frank or Gerard. Does anybody else find it difficult to choose between the two?
 giorno 5: Your preferito member I would say Frank o Gerard. Does anybody else find it difficult to choo
heart
Day 7:

~Vampire will never hurt...
~~Thank you for the venom
~Kill all your friends
~Destroya
~Sunsets over...

& i wish they played the world is ugly *_____* Ohh and desert
laugh
Day Thirteen: A song that you can/want to play on an instrument?

I wouldn't insult MCR by attempting to any of their songs on an instrument. I'm musically challenged.
Day 6: A lyric that means a lot to you

"I'll see your eyes, and in this pool of blood
I'll meet your eyes, I mean this forever."

All of "Thank You For the Venom" starting from the second verse

"The boys and girls in the clique, the aweful names that they stick, you're never gonna fit in much kid. But if you're troubled and hurt what you got under your shirt will make 'em pay for the things that they did!"

"You only hear the music when your heart begins to break."

There, that's one from every album. There are definately more
Day Fourteen: The song with your favourite lyric?

Like I said, 'Sleep' is probably my favourite lyrically. But I also love "I'd rather go to hell than be in purgatory, cut my hair, gag and bore me" from the stupidly titled 'Na Na Na' or however many na's there are supposed to be.
Day Fifteen: Favourite video?

'Famous Last Words', one of my favourite music videos ever.
Day: 8

"Sometimes you have to kind of die inside in order to rise from ur own ashes and belive in yourself, to love yourself and become a new person"~Gerard Way and a lot more♥
I skipped day five: All of the members of curse!!
 I skipped giorno five: All of the members of curse!!
Day 7:
1)Vampires will never hurt you
2)This is how I disappear
3)Helena
3)Give'em hell kid
4)House of wolves
I agree with mcrkilljoygirl I wish they play the world is ugly and jack the ripper or released them on a CD
Day Sixteen: Favourite era?

'The Black Parade' era.
 [b]Day Sixteen: Favourite era?[/b] 'The Black Parade' era.
Day Seventeen: A song that you’ve cried to at least once.

I have never cried to an MCR song...
Day 8: I have a sevral of favorite quotes
Gerard- Everyone treats you like a kid so you might as well act like one, go throw a TV out of a hotel window!
Day Eighteen: A song you would want played at your funeral.

The idiot in me wants 'Dead!' to be played, but I think either 'Sleep' or 'Famous Last Words' would be my serious preference.
hmmm
Day Nineteen: Name three things that remind you of MCR.

*shrugs*
Day Twenty: One of your favourite photos
 [b]Day Twenty: One of your favourite photos[/b]
heart
It's been a week, but i'm gonna keep going

Day 7: If you got to write part of the set list for one show only, what five songs would you choose?

1)Teenagers
2)I'm Not Okay (I Promise)
3)Planetary (Go!)
4)Kill All Your Friends
and I'd end it with
5)Demolition Lovers
all are songs that mean a great deal to me! Besides Planetary, I just think that he sounds sexy in that one lolol
Day 8: Favorite Quote (I have a lot, but they're funny as hell!)

“Your going to come across a lot of shitty bands, and a lot of shitty people. And if any one of those people call you names because of what you look like, or because they don't accept you for who you are. I want you to look right at that motherfuckerr, stick up your middle finger, and scream FUCK YOU!” –Gerard Way

Be yourself, don’t take anyone’s shit, and never let them take you alive. –Gerard Way

So many people treat you like you’re a kid so you might as well act like one and throw your television out of the hotel window. –Gerard Way

If for one minute you think you’re better than a sixteen year old girl in a Green Day t-shirt, you are sorely mistaken. Remember the first time you went to a show and saw your favorite band. You wore their shirt, and sang every word. You didn’t know anything about scene politics, haircuts, or what was cool. All you knew was that this music made you feel different from anyone you shared a locker with. Someone finally understood you. This is what music is about. –Gerard Way

Cameraman: So, did you read Ellen DeGeneres's new book?
Frank: Yeah.
Cameraman: How was it?
Frank: It made me a lesbian.

Frank: Has goldfinger ever had a flock of mooses advancing on him? It's a terrifying sight.
Mikey: That's not the plural of moose, it's moosi.
Gerard: Fuck off, it's meese.

I'm gonna buy whatever shower curtain I want. - Gerard Way

Interviewer: How do you feel about turning thirty this year?
Gerard: I'm actually excited about it. I'll tell you why. I always see getting older as like learning. Thirty's not old... Thirty's like when you're twenty.
Frank: Yeah. For trees.
Gerard: ...for trees.

Gerard: I have a nihilistic attitude so it's like, the new gay...it's popular. You know what I mean?
Frank: Popsicle is the new black.
Gerard: What did I say? Oh yeah. Screaming is the new gay, everybody's doing it.
Frank: I wish it were Popsicle.
Gerard: Popsicles?
Frank: Popsicles should be the new black and then everyone would have one.
Mikey: I like Popsicles...
(That one's my overall favorite haha)

Look at me, with my pretty bracelet and tiara... I'm a fuckin' princess! -Gerard Way

The Devil got landed with a shitty job, he has to deal with assholes everyday, he's probably bored as hell. -Gerard Way

The world is less violent when people are using hula-hoops. -Mikey Way

''I was terrified of the dark, and she[his mom] had this porcelain doll collection that was really fucking creepy. I tried to get her to lock them up in a cupboard, but she never would.'' –Mikey Way

''the teachers thought there was something wrong with me because I wouldn’t talk to other kids. I was almost playing mind games with them.'' –Mikey Way

“I would date Gerard” - Frankie Iero

"I have a lot of experience with making fake helmets out of foil." -Ray Toro.

Interviewer: Cat or dog?
Mikey, Gerard, Frank, Ray: Dog
Bob: cat (buries his head in his hands)

Mikey: Did you get kicked in the balls by someone named Frankie?
*Frank walks by, laughing*
Gerard: Yeah it just hurt-
Mikey, to Frank: You kicked him hard, dude.
Gerard: -when I turned around I was like "Woah! He's playing over here!" when he kicked me in the balls, I was wondering "What did I do wrong?"

Are-you-on-our-side-and-want-to-be-differ­ent­-or­-ar­e-y­ou-­on-­tha­t-s­ide­-an­d-w­ant­-to­-th­row­-a-­foo­tba­ll-­at-­my-­hea­d? -Gerard Way

We have to watch Mikey, just to make sure he dosen't put anymore forks in toasters -Frank Iero
(Or heaters in showers)

And last but not least, a quote that I can agree with completely!

I'm not psycho, I just like psychotic things -Gerard Way

I love this band!!! <3<3<3<3<3<3

heart
Day 10: What was your first reaction to Danger Days?

When I got the cd and put it on I was surprised to hear how upbeat Na Na Na was. It wasn't much of a reaction. More like 'Whoa, this is different' I got used to it and like it just because it's MCR. I'm not going to say anything against it. I am a die-hard fan as in if I could die for MCR I would be the happiest girl in the world.