gioco di ruolo casuale Two In One ((Pirate RP, Anybody who wants to join, feel free to jump in any time :) ))

katrinamints posted on Sep 25, 2015 at 05:57PM
Two In One

I know there's a lot to read but there's lots of important details in this intro. Please read all the way through and follow the rules. Thank you! :)

I'm not going to assign a specific year to the timeline, but this RP takes place in medieval times. I'll drop it in at about the 1400's when pirates were really starting to beat government ass, (I'm a giant history buff so I know that XD ) but please nobody pull the whole "oh this item wasn't invented until this other year!" card.
Leniency folks, lets exercise it. At the same time, let's keep our weapons and everyday item developments to a time appropriate standard. No MK-47's. No flushing toilets. No light bulbs. Etc etc. It doesn't all have to be exact, but let's keep everything under-industrialized. Don't make anything that we have in modern day and didn't have in Medieval times.

There's horror stories about a pirate ship called "The Black Light" that's supposedly led by a female pirate who's been nicknamed "The mother of demons." The crew, named "The Hunters Of The Frozen Sea" is said to be a hoard of strange-eyed monsters shaped like humans that feed off the blood and souls of their victims. They roam the sea's like any other pirates, though their motive is shrouded in mysterious rumors and terrifying tales. They've left villages pillaged and burned. They slaughter under the command of their Captain/"Mother" (But she personally hates being called that) much like any captain and crew. Among the wreckage of towns and ships, bodies drained of all their blood can be found though not a drop on the ground near the bodies. Tales of these pirates have been around for just under a hundred years, leading people to believe the crew is maybe immortal. There have been no patterns in their attacks. There have been survivors who described the crew members as appearing ordinary by day, then unspeakably inhuman by night. Names of the crew members have been circulated, though no conformations have been made.

I know this is a kinda selfish request, but I would like for there to be no other "monster ships." That would make "The Black Light" less infamous and it would be harder to believe that the crew is a group of monsters if there are other ships going around claiming to be "monsters" too. If there's more than one crew with demons and monsters aboard it might make it less shocking when "The Hunters" show up on the shore and gut the villagers like fish then steal their valuables leaving only a few survivors to spread more rumors. "The Black Light" is the only Demon ship ever heard of or that has ever existed. There have been news of people trying to join the crew, and rumors of people being hypnotized and forced into it. There have been documents from the Navy stating "The Black Light" is not to be attacked unless attacked first, since even they don't know what to do about these Demons. Some stories have called the crew "a storm you just have to wait to pass." Theres nothing that can be done about them. A majority of the fools who have tried to fight them have died, or have been unfortunate enough to stay their captive. Some captives have seen them when night falls, and most of the witnesses go insane. When the moon rises, various colors moving likes wisps of air can be seen around them. Their ship becomes a playground for Red, Blue, Green, Gold, Purple eyed creatures that have demonic aura's and sharp teeth like Wolves. Their bodies mutate and nobody ever believe's what's seen. Still, the rumors spread.

The general public, while unsure about the existence of "The Black Light", DOES believe in the general "people with crazy abilities, part human part animal, vampires, witches, crazy abilities, and assassins" story. People with red or multi-colored eyes, people who drink blood, people who can move things without touching them, etc etc. The common understanding is that they should join "The Black Light" IF it is real, or live in hiding their whole lives, or attempt to live amongst society while risking their abilities being found out. Much like the Salem witch trials, there have been executions of people who are believed to have special powers. This leads to public to speculate that the monsters CAN be killed. None know the truth for sure.

Please no all-powerful beings.

No gods, no demi-gods.

No "wise beyond comprehension and comparison" beings.

I know this is also a strict request, but please nobody know exactly where their abilities came from. Part of the story line is going to be the crews' unending devotion to their captain (Her name is Jade) because she's been searching the sea's for years, and building the crew, so she can help them find out where their powers came from. (Read the character descriptions, there's more about that in each of my characters profiles) She (Jade) was born with her powers and she's spent most of her life searching for why, and I've got some plans as to the answers to all that :) That's not gonna be the main objective for the entire story, but still, it'll be part of it.
If your character has some abilities, please try to keep it along the lines of "he got struck by lighting" or even "she got captured and was forced into a Satanic ritual so now she eats human flesh." It could even be something as simple as "he was born with blue and green eyes and white hair. Sometimes he would look at a candle and it would start burning without anybody touching it. After that his parents left him at an orphanage and never looked back." Stuff like that is totally fine and welcome.
Just please no "Our DNA is advanced and we are connected with the earth and we are over-evolved humans and we're gifts to the earth from the gods and yadablahddyblah blah blah." None of that please. Nobody knows WHY they have their powers. They just do. Sp please keep the responses realistic. Its medieval times, where you get your head cut off by the government for conspiracy if you even LOOK at a pirate. People still wear those "silly" white wigs and nobles are the only ones who live past 40-50 years old. If I had magic powers I'd get the heck out and join a pirate ship of people with similar powers too XD

Along with not locating where their powers came from, please try not to put a name to EVERY ability. Let's keep it super simple to add to the suspense and story line in the future by keeping it limited to "Oh I can control the elements." Or "Oh I can move 10 times the normal human speed" or even "oh I'm a vampire." Vampires are always welcome in my RP's!!!! If you for example have a character that can move super fast, it doesn't have to be because they're a different species altogether. Lets try to make the characters as simple as "I have an ability and I'm learning how to use it." If you do put a name to it then at least TRY to make it incomplete and or vague. Like I said, there's no sure knowledge as to where the abilities are coming from, or how people become witches or whatever they are.

This is a pirate RP so of course there's gonna be some hatred for the government. If you wanna make a character that preaches government's are conspiratorial, go right on ahead.
If you'd like to make a character in "The Black Light" please give me their info and I'll tell you if it'll work. Also I'll provide below a list of roles that needs to be filled.
If you wanna make a character in the Navy go ahead.
If you wanna make another pirate crew, go ahead. Just please remember, "The Black Light" is the only crew with monsters.
If you wanna make a character that per-say gets captured by "The Hunters Of The Frozen Sea" go ahead. Run it by me and we can work something out. If you want your ship to be attacked by "The Black Light" or by any pirate ship let somebody know and I'm sure something can be done.
If you wanna make a character with special powers go ahead, just please follow the guidelines. Either a life in hiding, living amongst everyday society in secret, or seeking to join "The Black Light. Their powers can't be super super strong. Like I said before though, I'm in favor of leniency so please let me know if you have any idea's or want to do something different and I'm sure we can work something out.
Please don't make any characters over 100 years old. No 500 year old characters with ultimate wisdom about everything, cuz that defeats the purpose of "finding where their powers came from." The captain of "The Black Light" aka Jade, aka "The Mother Of Demons" is going to be 92. She's the oldest in the crew. So please no characters over 100, also because people have only been hearing about these people with abilities for about 100 years and we don't want info to contradict.
Please no "I don't need to eat human food." or "I don't need to drink water" or "I don't need to sleep." The pirates life was fun as fudge but it was deadly as well. Not needing to eat or drink or sleep ever would take away like 70% of the general challenge of survival on the sea's. Like I said before, let's keep it realistic.

You may make multiple characters, but let's put the limit at 4 characters to start with. If you only want to start with 2 then add in more later on you absolutely can. Once we're a few pages into the RP then people can start making 5-6 characters if they want. Even 8 characters farther in. It's a pirate RP so somebody's bound to have 4 characters, if not myself. In fact I can guarantee I'm making at least 4 characters at the very beginning.

Sex violence rape gore and swearing are all allowed and guaranteed to occur. (Because this is a Pirate RP.)
No god-mode, no gods, no demi-gods.
You don't have to share the characters entire background immediately. You can keep things hidden for the sake of the story then release more and more of their background.
Don't kill another person's character without their permission.
Make sure your characters aren't invincible. Make sure they have limits to their powers. Make sure it's possible for them to encounter obstacles that challenge them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Character Profile:

Name

Powers or not, clarify powers

Appearance (Feel free to provide a picture, anime pics are always welcome. If you're in the "Hunters", look at my character profiles and you'll see each character has 2 identity's. One from night time and one from day time. Please try to do the same. The crew gets really powerful at night and their various forms come out under the moonlight. If you really really don't want your character to change at night, that's totally fine too.)

Bio, and role on ship if you're character is in the "Hunters" (As much as you're prepared to share. If you want to make a character in the "Hunters" and I approve the character profile, please try to share the explanation of how they came to join the "Hunters." If you'd rather wait for the sake of the story line then go ahead. Just please no major twists that would an effect on somebody else's characters. For example, don't do this: "My character joined when you're character got stabbed, and now you're character has a giant scar on their back and yadayada blahblah." Don't do that unless you've got permission from the other person please.)

Any other details

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roles of "The Hunters" to be filled in order for "The Black Light" to function properly and realistically:

It'd be really cool if there was somebody with the power to control fire. Make sure they can't control it flawlessly. Fire is dangerous and so are "The Hunters Of The Frozen Sea."

~~~~TAKEN~~~~ Somebody who can perform spells (Witchcraft) Make sure there are spells tougher than others, possibly spells that require materials that would be tough to obtain, and spells that are dangerous to perform. Make sure the character doesn't magically know EVERY spell that ever existed. Set limits.

~~~~TAKEN~~~~ Somebody who's great at throwing knives and possibly even uses a bow better than most others (Who doesn't love a cool knife thrower????)

A Striker. Back then in Pirate days, Strikers were expert hunters who trapped sea turtles and manatees; fished for sharks and other large fish; and also hunted wild game when the crew came ashore. Their knowledge of plants aided in collecting edible fruits and vegetables as well as medicinal plants and herbs.Their expert ability at hunting and fishing earned them an important spot among the crew.

~~~~TAKEN~~~~ A Ship Carpenter. Does the necessary repairs, fills holes if need be, and so on. Carpentry was an extremely useful skill onboard ship and good carpenters were highly valued. If something happened to the ships doctor and a leg or arm needed to be amputated, the carpenter was usually called upon to use his wood cutting tools and assist the injured.

A Ship Chef. Remember not every delicious spice was discovered back then. Sugar was one of the most valuable things to have. So was salt. Salt was always very expensive and very hard to come by. The kinds of spices used don't HAVE to be exact with the era, just don't try to say your character knows how to mix Nutmeg and Allspice and Cinnamon without murdering taste buds XD

A.B.S (Able Bodied Soldiers, the backbone of the ship, control guns and cannons and sails, fight off enemies, make up the big part of the team.)

~~~~TAKEN~~~~ Ship Doctor. If you want your character to have healing powers, you can. If you'd rather they just have knowledge a doctor would have, that's fine too. Make sure they don't have the ability to heal every disease or ailment without cost. Maybe some healing's need certain materials or a spell or a time of day or night. Maybe some healing's take longer or have a stronger effect on the exhaustion of the doctor or injured. Maybe some healing's still require medications. Set limits.

If you have any questions feel free to ask and if you'd like to compromise about something or suggest anything feel free. I'm sure we can work something out. :D

So yeah, follow the rules, have fun, be kind. Thanks. :)

Two In One I know there's a lot to read but there's lots of important details in this intro. Ple
last edited on Sep 26, 2015 at 10:48PM

gioco di ruolo casuale 92 risposte

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 92

più di un anno fa katrinamints said…
Name: Jade (Real name to be revealed)
Powers: To be revealed, for starters she has visions and dreams of the past and future.
Appearance: Day time: Black hair, white eyes, 6ft and 1 inch,
Night time or when she’s angry or letting her powers out: White hair, black or red eyes. Nails and teeth get razor sharp. (See pic as well)

Bio: Captain of “The Hunters Of The Frozen Sea” on “The Black Light.” Has chosen to be Helms-woman (Pilot) of “The Black Light” as well. She was born with her ability to see into the future. There are times when she can use her powers at will, and times when the visions just happen. Sometimes they get her into really shitty situations. Sometimes she’ll have dreams instead of visions. Her goal in life is that of every pirate. Pillage, steal, kill, fuck, sail the sea’s and ocean’s, and have the greatest time doing it. She’s sworn to her crew, who respect her as their captain and would follow her to the grave, that she will lead them to the truth about their powers and how they became what they are.

First picture below is how she looks by day: (Ignore how current the guns look, those are supposed to be pirate pistols.)
 Name: Jade (Real name to be revealed) Age: 92 Gender: Female Powers: To be revealed, for starters
Name: Meeka
Powers: Jade’s “Right-Hand Gal.” She’s First Mate of “The Black Light.” She’s a siren. She has a haunting alluring voice, and is magnificent at keeping the crew’s moral up. She barely knows how to use her powers in excessive amounts of strength, such as in a battle, but she’s learning and uses them as much as she can to benefit the crew.
Appearance: By day time, she has Brown hair. She’s about 5ft 9 inches, chocolate brown eyes.
By night time, Her hair is black and her eyes sometimes an eerie hypnotizing blue, sometimes red.

Bio: Jade rescued her from a pirate ship who captured her and were going to sell her into slavery. She’s been with the “Hunters” ever since. Jade is like a sister to her, but they also have a “Special” relationship. More of her past to be revealed.

First picture below is how she looks by Day:

Name: Meeka Age: 32 Gender: Female Powers: Jade’s “Right-Hand Gal.” She’s First Mate of
This is how Jade and Meeka look by night time: ((You'll notice they look much more badass XD ))
 This is how Jade and Meeka look da night time: ((You'll notice they look much più badass XD ))
Name: Cy (Pronounced “Sigh”)(Real name to be revealed)
Powers: “The Gunner and Leader of Arms.” He’s great at leading the crew into battle and training the crew in their abilities. Oversee’s cannons and guns and weapon stock and use of the weapons. Has incredible awareness of his surroundings. Heightened senses in a very basic explanation. He has random bursts of acute hearing, sight, and thought. Gives him headaches sometimes and has hindered him in the past. When he uses this ability in battle, it allows him to aim his guns and swords with incredible accuracy. Like most of the crew members, when he lets his instincts take over, his accuracy and speed and ability to fight becomes 100% inhuman.
Appearance: By day, he has black hair, and one blue eye and one red eye. Sometimes his eyes will also both change to either just red or just blue. 6ft 3 inches tall.
By Night, His hair is still black, but his human form has a tendency to get tired, or ware out its welcome. (See pic below. I honestly can’t believe I found a picture that matches what I had in mind for him SO WELL.) His eyes change to a piercing gold and blue. His arms change, and sometimes other parts of his body. His hair stays the same color, but it has on rare occasions flickered white.

Bio: Lived on his own for a majority of his life. Came to join the “Hunters” when he met the crew at a bar. He had heard stories about them and wanted to join them. He followed the rumors of their appearances ((and his own inhuman animalistic instincts)) until he found them in a string of tiny islands. He got to one of the islands and found them in a bar, where he met jade, showed her his skills, and she allowed him to join. He saw her do the same thing for many other years and years after that. He respects her and is respected by the crew. He’s often found by her side along with Meeka. More of his past to be revealed.

First picture below is how he looks by day:

Name: Cy (Pronounced “Sigh”)(Real name to be revealed) Age: 36 Gender: Male Powers: “The Gun
How Cy looks by night time:
 How Cy looks da night time:
Name: Lexir
Powers: “QuarterMaster.” He’s a magician, but his abilities are no trick or slight of hand. Though his abilities waver sometimes due to his lack of knowledge about them, same as the rest of the crew, he rarely fails to entertain the crew members. He’s cocky in a fight a majority of the time. He loves to make people angry, dance around them, frustrate them, then make them think they’re seeing double and shove knife through their back. He very childish and a tease with the ladies AND his enemies. Has impeccable math skills, better than most pirates would ever have, therefor is interested with coin and distribution of pay an other earnings. Fair and honest man, and hates being lied to.
Appearance: By day: Light brown hair, 6ft 3 inches tall, light brown eyes, almost tinted red. Loves to wear one earring, isn’t afraid to mind-fuck somebody when they mock him for it. Prefers a cloak covering everything, or a vest and baggy trousers that barely covers anything.
By night: White hair, one green eye, one red eye.

Bio: He’s known Jade since he was almost a child. They were the ones who started the “Hunters” together 75 years ago. He and Jade are like brother and sister. Jade offered him the position of First Mate but Lexir hates leading people, so he took position of Second Mate and QuarterMaster, directly under Meeka. He loves making people laugh though. He’s very childish and a tease with the ladies AND his enemies. When he’s not teasing the gals on random islands, he’s charming them then fucking them. Has impeccable math skills, better than most pirates would ever have back then, therefor is entrusted with coin and distribution of pay and other earnings. He’s a fair and honest man, and hates being lied to. More of his past to be revealed later.

First picture below is how Lexir looks by day:

Name: Lexir Age: 91 Gender: Male Powers: “QuarterMaster.” He’s a magician, but his abilities
How Lexir looks by night:
 How Lexir looks da night:
più di un anno fa leggomyeggo said…
Name: Scarlet "Fever" McPearson

No powers just a nomal pirate

Bio: Scarlet was a mere babe when she was orphaned and set out on the streets on her own. She was eventually taken in by a lowly thief who raised her to be just as bad if not worse than him. She grew up a thief in the night, stealing whatever her eye saw and whatever pleased herself and her adoptive father. When the thief died in a barfight Scarlet was on her own once again, but this time she was far from upset. On her own she was able to move faster, gain more and travel as she willed. While she herself was never caught, her reputation was known throughout her land and she was known as The Fever. Coming quickly, doing so much damage, and leaving without a trace but a mess in her wake. She travels through, u caught and very very very sure of herself.
 Name: Scarlet "Fever" McPearson Age:29 Gender: female No powers just a nomal pirate Bio:
leggomyeggo commented…
She is also 5 ft tall, tiny and good for maneuvering quickly and quietly più di un anno fa
((Is this alright))
((That's perfect! :D Great pic! I think we'll have enough characters to start by tomorrow. I've got some people asking to get in on this RP. Feel free to make more characters at any point. Just leave it at 4 maximum until we get things rolling.))
((Okie dokie no problem. I'll make maybe one more after I get off work :). ))
più di un anno fa Liquidz-Flamez said…
((I have a quick question. What is the Black Blood exactly?))
((Oh oops that was the previous name of the ship then I went through and changed it to The Black Light. Lol guess when I corrected all the times I wrote black Blood I missed some. Sorry bout that. Can you tell me where you saw it cuz I need to fix that XD ))
last edited più di un anno fa
((The 5th line of the 4th paragraph that starts with "The general public" XP))
katrinamints commented…
fixed it :D Thanks for your help. più di un anno fa
Liquidz-Flamez commented…
No problem! XD più di un anno fa
((Aaaaaaand here is my first character.))

Name: Tilen ((Pronounced Tee-Lin))

Powers: Fiend
Tilen is one of the only, if not, THE ONLY, "Hunter of the Frozen Sea" that has a power that is projects itself into a physical form that she calls Fiend. One that mostly she is able to see completely, while others may see it as a see through "Physical Shadow" with white sockets as it's eyes. Though, this only occurs at random times. This is at day. At nightfall, it's complete form, which is one that only Tilen can see in the day, it can be seen by all it chooses to be seen by and is grotesque in appearance with it's grey skin and sunken in sides. The white's of it's eyes are black, leaving only the dark pale grey of it's iris along with the abyssal black pupils. There is no hair what so ever, and it also seems to lack genitals of any sort, since it is usually completely nude. It bares extremely sharp teeth for tearing flesh and curved fingernails used for most of it's most painful works. Fiend doesn't seem to be capable of speech, but Tilen is mostly the only one that can understand what it is saying mentally. It's voice is nothing close to human in her head, and is very rough and raspy while sounding as if it were trying to cough up something. She has little to no control over what it does or what it is capable of doing, and is tortured by it's constant chattering inside her head. Sometimes it drives her very close to the brink of insanity when she isn't able to keep herself in tact and focus.
But this isn't the only thing about Fiend either. It hates fire, and mostly anything that emits light which is why it takes the form of a shadow by day. It isn't able to stay in the light for very long because of how irritated it becomes, which is why it may not appear at all during the day. It has the instinct of a wild and mindless animal, and when it gets the one simple command to "Kill", it well.....over kills. It insults Tilen half of the time when it doesn't get what it wants, and even tries to attack her, though the Boundary((The rules of physicality between the two)) prevents it from doing so and harms it. The creature itself is VERY bi-polar. But one thing that it says continuously to Tilen in thousands of whispers is that her power is incomplete. Very incomplete. At night, it has separate time limits, so after the night is over, it disappears for a day or so before it returns. The only commands that it is able to be controlled by are "Kill", "Heel", and "Leave". Though commanding it to Leave only seems to work when Tilen becomes extremely frustrated or angry.

Appearance: Day Appearance: Tilen in 5ft and 5 inches tall with a light red hair and orange eyes with a thin slit taking place as the pupil. The eye path over her left eye hides the fact that her left eye is identical to Fiend's.
Night Appearance: Longer black hair, and dim red eyes with a more dilated slit.

Bio: "There was once a day where violence questioned a little girl's existence with a taste for carnage. Then, it was her. Now, it is Fiend. Why....oh darkness....must it be Fiend? Her laughs were ridden of, and her joys reduced to ashes on her tongue. She lost the reason of reality. In her moment of despair and desperation, a force of callous and savage cannibalism was of equal was shaped and released, leaving the scarlet of blood in it's creation. It aided her. It taunted her. It offered her a hand. It bit at her fingers. "Step into the circle and be saved." They told her. But a distorted angel of carnage and monstrosity was what her eyes understood. It was what was bound to her. By Fate? Or by chance? It loved the way she hated it, but it hated her most of all. They despised one another, but accepted that there was no other way.----" ((More to be revealed about her past.))

One of the A.B.Ss of the The Black Light

Any other details: Not at the moment.
 ((Aaaaaaand here is my first character.)) [i][b]Name:[/b][/i] Tilen ((Pronounced Tee-Lin)) [
katrinamints commented…
Amore IT. più di un anno fa
Yay! più di un anno fa
Tilen by Night
 Tilen da Night
And Let's not forget Fiend
 And Let's not forget Fiend
più di un anno fa Kat-chan said…
Name: Emma Blacke

Powers: Bone spike protrusion, as well as enhanced accuracy. Actually she's the Black Light's resident knife thrower.

Appearance: Day time: In the day, Emma has bright red hair and brown eyes. She's about 5"9'.

Night time: Once the sun has set, her hair turns white and eyes become a pale purple colour.

Bio: Emma was the daughter of a fisherman. Everyday, she would go fishing with him, and neither of the two thought it the least bit odd that she never missed spearing a fish. After all, it was what she'd been doing all her life.

Problems arose, however, a few years later, when she was sixteen. Her father her screaming one night, and ran to her room, to find that her bones were sticking out of her arms, unnaturally sharp. The two were alarmed, and had no clue what to do about it, but when the sun rose again, she returned to normal. This process repeated itself over the next several nights.

If asked, Emma would always defend her father about what happened next. She would say it was more than he could take, or that her screams drove him to insanity. Whatever the case, after several of these incidents, her father decided that it would end. That night, he attempted to kill her.

Somehow, Emma managed to get away without either of the two being too seriously injured. She was on her own for a little over a year after that, before meeting one of the members of the Black Light. After talking to them, she was taken to Jade. After showing what she was capable of, she welcomed as a member of the crew.
 Name: Emma Blacke Age: 28 Gender: Female Powers: Bone spike protrusion, as well as enhanc
((Her night form))
 ((Her night form))
Name: Charlotte Amelia Walters

Powers: Telekenisis; ie she can move things with her mind

Appearance: Day time: Charlotte is pretty small, about 5"3'. She more or less looks like the picture, but with black hair and blue eyes.

Night time: NA...yet...

Bio: Charlotte's father is the wealthiest man in their small port-side town. It may not sound like much, but actually, it is. Technically, she's considered a noblewoman, and is pretty highly respected in the town.

That could have easily been much different, however. When she was very very young, she discovered that she could move things without so much as touching them. Luckily, at the time that she did this little trick, she had been home, and the only people around to see it had been herself and her father.

For a long time, he seriously considered killing her. Then he considered hiring someone else to kill her. Finally, though, he decided that she was his daughter, and he couldn't simply kill her. Instead he locked her up and refused to allow her to leave home until she learned to hide her powers.

She learned pretty quickly.

After that, she was allowed to go out, and act like a normal girl. Operative word being 'normal'. Nothing out of the ordinary was to happen around her, ever. And if it did...well...let's just say that she made sure it didn't.
 Name: carlotta, charlotte Amelia Walters Age: 23 Gender: Female Powers: Telekenisis; ie she can mov
((And, since she's all rich and stuff, she tends to dress quite fancifully, so...))
 ((And, since she's all rich and stuff, she tends to dress quite fancifully, so...))
((Since all 4 characters that have been added by anyone than me are all female, I'd like to ask everybody to try and make at LEAST ONE Male character please. We'll be starting the RP either tonight or tomorrow morning. :) Thanks everyone. ))
((Already workin on it :D))
katrinamints commented…
YAY :D This RP is gonna be great! I already discussed with Kat-Chan how her character is going to come in, and it looks like the intro of the RP is gonna coincide with her characters intro. So yeah just letting everyone know. :) più di un anno fa
Name: James Steele

Powers: Witchcraft, though his specialties - perhaps because of his cold personality - are spells involving ice or snow.

Appearance: Day time: Typically, James is blond in the day, with icy blue eyes. He's about 6"2'.

Night time: In the night, James is about as pale as the poon itself, with white hair, though his eyes remain the same.

Bio: Even as a child, James always distanced himself from others. When the other children were outside running up and down playing, he would stay inside and read. Perhaps he always knew he was different from them.

James read a lot. The books that especially interested him were those about witchcraft. This greatly worried his parents, but he paid them no mind.

When he was about seventeen or eighteen, he started practicing witchcraft in secret, and was amazed to find that he actually had a talent for it.

Since then, all he wanted to do was work his craft openly. Naturally, though, he knew it couldn't be, unless he wanted to die.

Fortunately, it didn't take him too long to find an opportunity. Somehow, miraculously, he met a member of The Black Light when they were ashore for supplies. He talked to them, then to Jade, and, finally, joined the crew.
 Name: James Steele Age: 42 Gender: Male Powers: Witchcraft, though his specialties - perhap
((And at night. Don't mind the clothes or headphones. Obviously, he doesn't have those.))
 ((And at night. Don't mind the clothes o headphones. Obviously, he doesn't have those.))
più di un anno fa AnimeAvarice said…
((Heyyyyy what's up? This sounds awesome as usual~

Here's my first character, the majority of which will be male. Also, would you be alright if he eventually joins up with the crew as the Ship Doctor?))

Character Profile:

Name: Laurence Edwin Byset

Powers or not, clarify powers: His powers manifested when he was about fourteen, but he still hasn't the slightest idea of how to use them. When he gets hurt, the injury goes away much faster then it previously would. When it happens too fast, he notes a severe lack of energy. He can also occasionally do this to others.

Appearance: Day time: He's on the shorter side, with long, black hair that he usually keeps in a ponytail. He has gray eyes and dresses in simple clothing
Night time: His eyes change from gray to bright gold and his hair lightens to silver.

Bio: Laurence was born to an average family and was one of four siblings, the older of whom were all girls and his younger brother. His father was dead set on him going into the Royal Navy, but Laurence was never really one who liked the idea. He left the house when he was seventeen and moved to a seaside town where trade was common. Since then, he has been living in a small house making a living as a physician's apprentice.

Any other details:
-His brother eventually went on to be in the Navy (may or may not make that a thing later on, I dunno.)
((First picture is his appearance, second is what he wears))
 ((Heyyyyy what's up? This sounds awesome as usual~ Here's my first character, the majority of whic
katrinamints commented…
Thanks I'm glad eveyerbody likes it :D I literally spent a week Scrivere it, editing it, doing extensive research on Pirates, but I'm a giant history buff so I already knew a lot and didn't need to study for più than a giorno o two to refresh. I took some multiple days to think of the characters and their powers and all the important stuff XD I get way to into this stuff sometimes lol. It's a great outlet for stress so i get super invested lol. Thanks everybody for joining! This is gonna be great! più di un anno fa
katrinamints commented…
Also one più thing, would te like Laurence to be in The Black Light, o would te like him to unisciti in the story? If so, then please tell me how so I can coordinate because I've already got the first bit of the story planned out. più di un anno fa
AnimeAvarice commented…
I'm happy to join! I was thinking Laurence would unisciti during the story, probably during some kind of raid. Maybe he would notice that the other pirates were similar to him at night and demand an explanation through parley o something. più di un anno fa
Name: Deen Axel
Name by Night: Diana Axel

-
By Night:Female

Powers:
Scriptures of Appellation
The name of Deen's power is something he simply named "Scriptures of Appellation". The hundreds of thousands of symbols over his body are words. Many many words. Some of them are phrases, some are letters. But all of those connect with his ability. He is able to switch the metaphysical representations of minor sentient beings at will with a touch, and massive ones at the cost of his physical well being. For example, if he were to have a small pebble, the meaning of the word pebble would be drawn from it and could be twisted and swapped with the meaning of "stone", causing the pebble to gain the excess weight of a stone instead of a pebble. If he were to have a stick, he would be able to switch the meaning of it with the meaning of the word "Stick" with that of the word "Sword", which would give the stick the ability to cut.
If he were to try to use this power on objects that were to massive, he would risk losing his memories of how his power, or at least the portion that he had knowledge of using. This power can only be used on living things for a limit of three seconds before it's effect expires, but it can have a longer lasting effect on himself. He is only able to use this power once every 30 seconds, and the limit of it's effect on inanimate objects are unlimited as long as it is in his grasp or in contact with his skin. If he tries to use his ability again before thirty seconds, he will be severely drained. If he were to throw an object, the effect lasts for an additional four seconds before disappearing.
THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE ELEMENTS ((Fire, Water, Air)) There is also a more....unorthodox effect that his power has on him at Nighfall. Though it is something that not even he is able to understand, at nightfall, the "Scriptures of Appellation" seem to have an effect on his entire well being because it changes his entire sex as well. This more feminine version of himself has little memory of the things that happen in the day, while he has only partial memory of all that happens at night.

Appearance Appearance by Day: There are numerous symbols and over his entire body. His eyes are a luminous burning autumn orange, and his hair is jet black under his hood. He is 6ft 1/2 inches.
Appearance by Night: Taking the appearance of a female now, the whites of her eyes are black and her iris is white with black pupils. Her black hair a a bit passed her shoulders. The symbols that Deen has by day are no longer visible, but able to appear.

Bio:To be Revealed?

--The Black Light's Carpenter as well as another A.B.S

Any other details:N/A
 [i][b]Name:[/b][/i] Deen Axel Name da Night: Diana Axel [i][b]Age:[/b][/i]75 [i][b]Gender:[/b]
Appearance By Night: Diana Axel
 Appearance da Night: Diana Axel
katrinamints commented…
lol I detto make a male character and te made that masterpiece XD ROFLAO you're fucking hilarious Liquidz lol nice job!!!!!! I Amore Deen/Diana already :D più di un anno fa
Lmao THAN YOU!! I'm glad that te Amore Deen/Diana! lol più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa xXDreamWriterXx said…
Name:Sou Kagu

Powers: Wolf Transformation. He is part wolf with power over the different stages of water.

Appearance: First pic is day appearance. Second pic is night appearance.

Bio: His parents were murdered by pirates when he was young. They were out at sea when pirates came along and took over their ship. His parents tried to fight back but ended up being killed. Sou was hiding below deck when it happened in a small cabinet. The pirates raided the ship. One pirate opened the cabinet where he was hiding and stared at him. Struck with fear, Sou froze where he sat. They stared at each for what seemed like a long time before the pirate smirked and closed the door.

Fast forward, he was 20 years old, working for a blacksmith in a small town. He was taught about every weapon, how to use, to disarm it, how to destroy it, how to make it and what it is made of. Besides his master, no one knew more about weaponry like him. During a visit to the harbor, he met Jade. They talked and before he knew it, he was part of the crew A.B.S. Whenever any weapon needed maintenance, he was the go to guy.

Any other details: He doesn't talk much and spends most of his time inspecting weapons or making his own. He doesn't like using his power so he relies on his own handmade weapons. A hammer and a pistol.(pic)
 Name:Sou Kagu Age:26 Gender: Male Powers: lupo Transformation. He is part lupo with power ov
(Night look)
 (Night look)
Name:Miyuki Suzuki

Powers: Can talk to animals, ability to cook anything out of anything, Black Light's Chef

Appearance: Only one look. Short light blue hair with two long pieces in the front. Her golden eyes are as bright as gold gleaming in the light, skin as fair as any and a earthy scent.

Bio: An orphan at a young age. She has lived in the forest many years with the help of the animals. She doesn't know why she can talk to animals but she is happy that she can. Once she raised enough money, she got a small house by the sea. Her cooking skills were so good that she opened up a small restaurant. Even though she was happy with her life, she felt like something was missing. Then the "Hunters" crew came in and it finally clicked. Seeing how close the crew was made her realize how lonely she was. When she managed to talk to them, she somehow ended up being their chef. Being with the crew made her feel like everything was set. She is friendly with everyone on the ship and is envious about the Hunter's ability to change at night.

Any other details: She has a pet weasel name Samuel(aka Sammy) that she talks to.
 Name:Miyuki Suzuki Age: 25 Gender: Female Powers: Can talk to animals, ability to cook anyth
"Well what's it going to be Captain?"
"NO! PIRATE'S! ALOUD!"
Jade put on her best pouty face and 'Aww'ed like a little girl being denied a cookie. "But we just want to trade our goods!" She called to the captain of the Navy ship. That tiny-ass ship "blocked" The Black Light from entering a port-side town. The Hunters had been sailing for almost a week straight, raiding other ships, and had an immense amount of cargo to trade. Honestly, they crew was exhausted and not looking for a fight. Jade even told the captain of the navy ship so, but he wasn't having it.
"We promise our goods are good!" She said playfully. The tone of her voice though was a clear "fuck you" to the captain. Behind her, Meeka put her hand over her mouth to hide a giggle.
"NO! PIRATES! ALOUD!" Before he could finish though, Jade jumped onto the railing of The Black Lights' deck and lifted the hem of her skirt just enough to reveal her ankles.
"We have other GOODS Captain!"
"Are you mad woman!? Cover yourself!"
Titters and laughs drifted through the crowd of Hunters.
"Aww PLEASE Captain!"
"NO!" The Captain yelled at the top of his lungs. The Navy crew behind him had covered their eyes in shock at the display of Jades ankles. Some of them couldn't dare look away. Some of them had enough laughed.
Jade paused, letting the waves carry the only sound around them. The Seagulls broke the silence for a few moments. Then, she dropped the hem of her dress and spoke loudly and clearly. "Cy!" She called to her Gunner.
"Yes Captain!"
"How are we in regards to cannon balls?"
"Plenty of balls Captain!"
"Mortars?"
"Hard and heavy and efficient ma'm!"
"Fire Barrels?"
"Explosive ma'm!"
She stared the Captain straight in the eyes as this conversation went on. She saw clearly in his eyes, the doubt he held. The angering realization hit her. She thought to herself, "I'm a woman, so he doesn't believe I'll kill him. He think's we're lying." The anger bubbled until finally, cutting into a second silence, she announced loudly to her crew, "Kill them." Simple as that, then she jumped down back onto The Black Lights deck to the sound of laughter from the Navy ship. She drew her own sword as Cy called out "Let's kill these Navy fuckers! To arms! Cannons! Mortars! Guns!" Meeka, as she was not the best fighter, drew her sword and backed up against the mast of the ship. Lexir and Cy rushed over to the Cannons and guns mounted on the side of the ship. "Light the fuses and fire at will! Kill them all!"
Sou gripped his hammer as he stared at the navy ship. Kill them the captain said. Whatever the captain says, goes and by the cheers of the rest of the crew, everyone was itching for a fight. He went over to the cannons as well and began lighting their fuse. Soon, cannon fire filled the air as they were set off. He worked fast to reload and fire again. This, he was good at. Being near weapons and firing them off made him feel excited and very much alive. He let himself smile slightly. He wouldn't say it out loud but he was glad the captain gave the kill order.
Miyuki, on the other hand, wasn't so sure. Even though she was part of the crew, she didn't have much experience fighting and killing. Sure, they have taught her the basics but it always felt weird to her. She was more gentle than others. But she still wanted to fight. Even though she the ship's chef, she should be able to help out right? Samuel was sitting on her shoulders, hissing at the navy ship. He was more vicious than she was! She gripped her dagger that was attached to her right thigh and grilled it tightly. She has killed before but she was one of the few who didn't have much power. As she charged to battle to protect her new family, she hoped that everyone would come back alive. That way they could celebrate with a great feast that she made.
((It's started! :D ))

Emma grinned at the kill order. She was always ready for a good fight.

She retrieved her daggers and ran to the rail. Knives were so much easier for her to maneuverer than cannons, and she preferred the challenge of little men to the easy target of the broadside of a boat anyway.

Watching them scurry around in an attempt to prepare and retaliate against the sudden attack, Emma's grin widened. Such silly navy officers. There was no preparing for what they were in for now.

She hardly took aim before her knives began flying and the officers began dropping, each one with a dagger embedded in his head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of course, James didn't hesitate to kill. His loyalty to Jade was absolute. In fact, she was probably the only person he'd ever been unconditionally loyal to.

He hurried to a cannon, loaded it, and lit the fuse, repeating the process several times over. Almost mechanically. It was a simple process. Just blow holes in the ship until it sank.
((Waiting for Liquidz and Avarice :) ))
((*casually baseball slides in* I'M HERE-))

Laurence finished wrapping up a man's arm from a cut and standing up. "That should be enough for now. Just don't re-open the wound, alright?" he said with a pleasant smile. The man went to go speak with the doctor as Laurence began looking through that day's records. The man with the cut was their last one for the moment, and Laurence was preparing to go home. A middle-aged man with salt and pepper hair and a beard poked his head in. "Laurence, are you heading out?" Laurence took off the apron he was wearing and draped it over the chair. "Yes, unless you needed something?" The doctor shook his head. "No, nothing. I'm surprised you don't stay later though," he said. Laurence picked up a small bag which he carried his things in. "I just prefer to be home before dark is all. You know me and my talent for directions," he said, grinning.
Saying their goodbyes, Laurence headed down the street away from the clinic towards his house. It was small, and located above a tavern which got rather loud as the night went on. Still, he didn't mind that much. It made for a decent cover and he didn't have to explain his strange change in appearance during the nighttime.
((Welcome :D So Laurence is going to join the crew later?))
AnimeAvarice commented…
Yeah, if that's okay with te ^^ I should let te know, since I may not have said, but I probably won't be able to do più than one reply during the week più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa mcterra said…
Name: Damian H. Argon

Powers: Damian has the ability to manipulate blood. That includes his own blood as well as the blood of others. It makes him able to control the movements of anything containing blood, like it is a puppet. His own blood is very poisonous and has high chances of killing anyone who gets in contact with it. That also makes him immune to any form of poison.

Apearance: By Day - Pic 1; Midnight Black hair and jade green eyes. Constantly bandaged wrists.
By Night - Pic 2; Red hair. His irises are red while the whites of his eye are black. The wounds on his wrists remain and a new one around his neck appears.

Bio: Ironically, Damian was born with haemophobia. He was scared by the sight of blood. Seeing or coming in contact with blood always made him pass out. That was till he discovered his powers. At first he used his ability to keep blood away from him but with time his phobia turned into an addiction, awakening the sadistic person that he is now.

--One of The Hunters and The Black Light's Striker. His power makes him the best suited person when it comes to fishing and hunting. He equally has a very wide knowledge of plants being able to know which are edible or medicinal just by looking at them.

Any other details: His main weapon is his blood. His wrists are constantly bandaged to cover up the wounds that he has inflicted upon himself. It is through those wounds that he releases and hardens his blood to be used in combat.
 Name: Damian H. Argon Age: 27 Gender: Male Powers: Damian has the ability to manipulate bloo
(Damian's Night form)
 (Damian's Night form)
Damian leaned forward on the rail and smiled as he watched the navy officers. Fighting was one of his favourite activities. That was because with fighting came more bloodshed every single time. Four of the navy officers stopped and pointed their guns at Damian. Damian's smile turned into a grin "You're pointing those in the wrong direction, you know."

Suddenly, the officers pointed their guns at each other. They were all confused as they tried to point away but in vain. They had lost control of their arms. Damian chuckled. The navy officers fired and Damian watched, his jade eyes shining with glee as each of them dropped in a pool of blood.
((Gonna wait for liquidz to make their first post. :) Then we'll take off :D ))
"GO! KILL! GO! KILL! GOOOOO!!! KILL!!!" A disgustingly raspy and wretched voice spoke inside the head of Tilen. Her fingers tapped against the railing rapidly as the grip that her left hand had on it tightened to the point that it began to tremble a bit at the numerous voices of one drowned out any logical thought that she could have mustered into existence. She clenched her teeth and began to force her own thoughts back into her mind to take control. "Shut up." She muttered coldly, only for the speaking in her head to grow louder. "Shut up shut up SHUT UP!!" She yelled quietly, now more furiously. Her eyes trailed over the navy's pitiful rebuttal forces, and the instinct to kill was etching itself her existence with a burning will to do so. There were cannons that were able to be lit and fired next to her, yet, she refused to fire them. She wanted a closer encounter so that she could finally rid herself of the thing that wanted out so badly. Her eyes narrowed as she saw white circles peering at her ominously from near by.
"You......bitch.....I want BLOODSHED!!"
Tilen put her hand to her head and turned around furiously. "LEAVE!!" She shouted before finally lighting one of the cannons and letting it fire off with a bang. She began to do so back to back in attempt to drown out everything that her mind could produce except her task.

Standing just in front of the helm of the Black Light was a cloaked figure with burning autumn eyes staring from the hood. There were numerous symbols and markings over the partially visible skin that could be seen from under the cloak itself while the rest remained covered. This was Deen Axel. He walked around slowly to the area where there the most commotion was rising and paused in front of a cannon. He placed his hand on one of the nearby cannon balls and spoke silently. "Light." That was the word that came from his lips and withered into the air without a sound. A black ink like substance drifted from the cannon ball and trailed up his arm while more of the inky substance came from his fingers and disappeared once it came into contact with it. He began to lift his hand and the cannon ball with it effortlessly before lighting the fuse on the cannon and sliding the cannon ball down inside. It fired off, and for a moment, the cannon ball tore through the air faster than any of the others that were being fired. In four seconds total, it came into contact with the navy ship and curved downwards as if it were gaining a heavy weight before crashing through the ship's exterior with weighted force.
The crew fought together flawlessly, as they'd done many times before. In less than a minute, the Navy crew was dead. Even on The Black Light, though they were so close to shore, a loud clear crisp bell could be heard from the port-side village. The alarm.
There was silence and no movement from the Navy ship.
Jade assumed her rightful place at the helm of the ship and grasped the steering wheel tightly. "HUNTERS!!" She called out to them as she sailed the ship past the now still Navy boat. "I don't know about you, but I'm HUNGRY! I want some fucking RUM! I want to fuck and I want some money! So since these Navy pigs want to piss us off, let's go ashore this shitty little village and take all they've got! Now since these villagers didn't choose the same idiocy as these stupid Navy pigs, let's leave survivors to speak horrific tales of The Black Light! You know the rules! Kill no innocents who surrender!" Cy, Lexir, and Meeka cheered loudly, waving their blades and guns in the air. Lexir even fired off a few shots into the sky.
((Get Charlotte ready Kat-Chan :D They're invading her village now))
Tilen felt that the creature hiding in the shadows of the ship had grown extremely impatient and excited at Jade's orders.
"Finally....I feed....." The voice murmured with a shaking sudden calmness.
Tilen slammed her fist against the last cannon that she had fired out of frustration. She wished that the sun was no more and that the moon was high into the sky so that she wouldn't have to witness herself killing....or more of that THING killing. The Fiend. Fiend. At nightfall, she was different. And entirely different person. One that was just as cold as the "Frozen" in "Hunters of the Frozen Sea". And Fiend seemed to hate that side of her even more, despite that he was free to kill as much as he liked but only with her consent to do so. She let out a shaky sigh as she pulled herself together. What must be done....must be done. There was no way around it or through it. Only ahead of it.

Deen kept his position in front of the helm of the ship, and stood so still that one would think that he may have been a statue with a cloth of some sort thrown over it in the fashion of a hooded cloak. His eyes watched as the remains of the Navy ship floated idly in the somewhat debree murky water that it floated above. A final cannon ball fired from his position and tore through the ship, creating a hole big enough to cause it to start a sinking process. Now he could watch the horrors and sorrows of the dead Navy men drown in the despair of their afterlife.
((Getting the target in position, captain! :D ))

Hearing the bell ringing through the town, Charlotte - who had been out at the market - picked up the pace as she hurried home. She gradually gained speed until she was running. Well, as much as she could run in her dress. It looked good, but it could be so impractical at times of emergency. Like this.

And it was an emergency. Everyone knew what those bells meant. The town was under attack. Pirates.

A shiver ran down her spine as she recalled a ghost story one of her house's workers had told her when she was younger. A story about a ghost ship. The Black Light. Supposedly, its crew was made up of the most monstrous creatures to ever sail the seven seas.

It didn't take too long before Charlotte reached her home. Once there, she was ushered to her room and told to hide. The door was locked.

Charlotte scanned the room quickly, searching. Eventually, her eyes settled on her dressing room, which she hurried into, closing the door behind her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­~~~­

"Ah, finally!" Emma shrieked with laughter. "It's been far too long since we hunted last!"

She vaulted skilfully from the ship onto the dock, immediately taking off in a sprint. Time to wreak havoc! And away she went, slashing and cutting and slicing down any and all who stood in her way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­~~

Even James couldn't help but smile as he unsheathed his sword and removed his pistol from its holstered position on his hip. It had been a while.

He leaped from the boat, landing almost noiselessly, and went through the town, doing as he had been instructed.
((Lol XD gonna wait for others to respond. If not by the end of the day then I'll post :) ))
((So, question: would it be better if Laurence was in the same town as Charlotte or a different one? I'm fine with either, it's just how many characters should meet up with The Black Light at a time is what I'm wondering.))
((Hmmm, yeah they can be in the same town I guess. That'd be generally fine. I am concerned about you saying earlier, Avarice, that you'll only be able to reply about once a week. Is that still true, or no? Cuz if you're gonna play the ships doctor then, you know, you'll need to be responding more than once a week O_O I mean, I haven't heard of anybody responding once a week. Just wondering, the doctor is pretty important, so maybe your schedule isn't going to work for the character. Maybe wanna revise your character?))
katrinamints commented…
And the same goes for Shedding Light. If Sima and Yaron become really important characters then, ya know, things are gonna get REALLY slow cuz te don't respond often. più di un anno fa
katrinamints commented…
Just saying :) più di un anno fa
AnimeAvarice commented…
Yeah, realized this. I made a typo, and meant once a giorno (no idea where once a week came from). Chances are, I'll be able to be più often but if I realize my schedule is going to interfere too much then... well, character death works for me XD No, I doubt that will happen. più di un anno fa
AnimeAvarice commented…
Also, to give carlotta, charlotte the proper amount of drama and character development(?), would be okay if they were in different towns? più di un anno fa
Sou watched as everyone jumped off the ship and into town. He gripped his hammer tightly in his hands and jumped off as well. Maybe he could find more ammo and weapons they could use and bring it back. He calmly walked towards the town, aiming for one thing and one thing only.

Miyuki hopped off the ship and stretched her arms above her head. She always loved coming back to land every once and a while. Plus, this was the best chance to find some ingredients for their next meal. "Alright, Sammy! Time to go grocery shopping!" She said with glee with a big empty bag in her hand. Samuel jumped off her shoulders and rushed into town, sniffing out the food with Miyuki right behind him.