The Black Donnellys irish series i'm Scrivere

rwm36 posted on Apr 15, 2008 at 04:27AM
Dear All,
My name is Rich and I'm currently writing a series, solely for pleasure, about the Irish mob. If you enjoyed "The Black Donnellys" and other shows like "Brotherhood" "Prison Break" and "24" definately come to the website. During my spring break hopefully I'll be able to do all the copyright work and set up the website and post the first script. There will be some characters and plot elements that might seem familiar but I'm only using what I think I can in turn make my own.
Here are a list of the things I am using as starting points from the Black Donnellys:
1) The leader of the Westies Gang in Hell's Kitchen has a temper and weilds all shorts of blades including an axe. (Re. Dokey)
2) The first time you meet the leader, named Hackey Jack Donnelly (the last name Donnelly actually is by pure coincidence, there is no reference in there to the NBC series.) he is "interrogating" someone over the disapperance of his brother, Brendan.
3) Near the end of the first season, Donnelly finds out who accidentally killed his brother and murders him. He is then beaten by the main character of the show, Michael Mullan causing Donnelly to scream "You're dead!" (I know this last part seems very similar to the Dokey-Tommy storyline especially with him yelling "you're dead!" but it is not my intention at all to copy or plagerize The Black Donnellys. The relationship and storyline will be a complete divert from that of The Black Donnellys.

The story line with Michael Mullan and Jack Donnelly is only one of several. On this website I'll be posting a spot for questions, comments, ideas, predictions and all around thoughts so you can help me improve the scripts and make them more original. Now onto the premise of the show:

The basic premise is that Michael Mullan has just been released from jail in Ireland. He is then blackmailed by his boss John Kelly to go to America and reorganize and reinstitute the decaying Irish Mob. The reason behind this is that Kelly was a huge gangland chief in the U.S. and helped the rise of several Irish gangsters. In return they basically paid him a piece and he would be their allie. An indictment is about to fall and Kelly escapes back to Ireland. Over the last few decades the "care packages" have decreased and Kelly is pissed, thus Michael is sent. Meanwhile in the U.S., a secret unit of the FBI is underway and are gathering information from their lead witness who's identity at the present is just The Informant. The FBI's plan is to prosecute Kelly.

As the series will go on, it will reveal that there is a conspiracy in the FBI that is connected to Michael, Kelly and various other characters.

If anyone is intrigued by this idea and will read the scripts as I post them you can either post a response to this topic or e-mail me at RWM52287@aol.com. Any questions you have to what I've posted in this, contact me through the info I've just written.

The Black Donnellys 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
più di un anno fa csinyrocks said…
sounds cool