The Fanpoppy Awards Special Award Nominations - CLOSED!

blisslikethis posted on Feb 10, 2008 at 08:25AM
Nominations are now closed!

Thank you,

The Award Committee

last edited on Feb 18, 2008 at 06:42PM

The Fanpoppy Awards 46 risposte

Click here to write a response...
più di un anno fa amazondebs said…
i'm sorry but could you just explain the difference between these and other awards, i'm a little confused
più di un anno fa blisslikethis said…
these awards come with an extra perk or two (it's a surprise!). also, to nominate someone, you need to submit a short explanation of why you think that person should win. hooch and i will review everyone's statements and choose the winners :)
okay well then i nominate knifewrench as 'Dave Lu humanitarian award' as he created the ATSOF (anti troll society of fanpop) and the VRSOF (volentary rating society of fanpop)
helping fans who recieve low ratings from trolls or who don't have their items rated, this helped fans get the reconition they deserved. He was also reallu helpful in creating the advice spot (making the banner and such) and has since given good advice along with openly sharing experiances. He seems to genuinly care about fellow fanpoppers and is also a good laugh.
last edited più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa dazl said…
Bliss, hooch, are we allowed to nominate?
più di un anno fa hooch-is-crazy said…
as long as we can work out a way of it being fair without the nominator (which is not a deadly nominating robot) helping decide.
yeah, because at the end the three of us have to pick the winners based on the arguments. i'm thinking we should maybe wait and see who gets nominated, and if the person you wanted to nominate hasn't been, then you can go ahead? does that sound alright?
più di un anno fa maybeastarbucks said…
The Dave Lu Humanitarian Award for Temptasia, for always being so nice... what else can you say? I've never come in contact with someone so nice.
più di un anno fa dazl said…
Sounds good.
più di un anno fa Cinders said…
Second the Temptasia nomination.
più di un anno fa idahovandalfan said…
You guys should meet Temptasia in person. I've been so lucky. :)

I third her nomination.
keep in mind that these awards will be decided based on your arguments, and not necessarily on who gets the most votes :)... unless maybe in the case of an over-whelming majority. we'll see.
più di un anno fa meeee said…
I second the knifewrench vote
più di un anno fa chel1395 said…
I nominate link for the Fanpop Four Award for Constructive Criticism. DrD (or Lori Leidig as she is known to those lucky enough to know her secret identity) has never shyed away from letting us know when something "grinds her gears." Her tireless efforts to enforce the importance of correctly link has made me a better Fanpopper. She is never mean, but blunt and honest, something all of us could use a dose of now and again. Thank you for considering DrDevience for this illustrious honor. And no, I swear, she didn't pay me to write this. ;D
I nominate link for the Lifetime Achievement Award. While Kathiria and I have not always seen eye to eye, I doubt anyone can find fault in her devotion to Fanpop. She is a Dedicated fan to over 150 spots, not to mention she has rated over 35,000 items. She is the epitomy of a true Fanpop queen and truly deserves this award.
più di un anno fa SG1-090 said…
I second the Kathiria82 nomination! Very well put chel!
I second the DrDevience one
*Stands on chair and claps then gets hit on the head with a whack-a-mole mallet by Temptasia*
I would like to also cast my nomination for link for the Dave Lu Humanitarian Award. While it has already been stated that she is one of the sweetest people you could ever meet, there are other reasons I feel she is deserving of this award. First of all, she is welcoming to all new Fanpoppers. I have heard time and time again how she will send messages to new Fanpoppers just to say hi. Secondly, she organized the first annual link, which helped alert people to the real problem of "Internet trolls." That's right folks, they aren't just hiding under bridges anymore. Thirdly, Temptasia has allowed us glimpses into her real life. She posts pictures and videos of herself and her kids. She has proven that you can find honesty and truthfulness on the Internet and though I've never met her in person, I consider her a friend. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, she is human. Who better to recieve the Humanitatian award than a real human? Let's face it, I'm pretty sure that knifewrench is a robot.
the fanpop four should get some special award and hooch-is-crazy should get one aswell for basically inventing the fanpoppies
più di un anno fa knifewrench said…
Temptasia should definitley get The Humanitarian Award, she is a lovley, cheerful, kind, and selfless person, while I - it has to be said - have a giant ego. Still, me being nominated! I'm so happy I.... I think I need to ignite something....

And Chel, sometimes I think I am a robot, maybe I should check <holds knife> NO! Now remember what happened last time we did that <twitches> shut up! I'm the dominant personality!... <everyone on Fanpop stares> excuse us for a minute XD
*staring at knifewrench*
wonderfully put, Chel!
più di un anno fa x-missmckena-x said…
i would like to nominate Chel1395 for the Lifetime Achievment Award because most of the things i seem to come across mainly picks have been created by her or put up by her so i think she deserves it!
più di un anno fa greekthegeek said…
lol i was going to nominate everything chel did so i second her votes

and well put chel!
più di un anno fa marissa said…
I have to nominate Kathiria82 for the Lifetime Achievement Award, as well.

I can't think of anyone who really deserves it more. She's a top contibuter to SO many spots, and makes Fanpop a whole lot more fun for everyone. Where would we be without her? :)
i second the DrDevience nomination
for the reason chel stated but also she is a fair criticizer and when she someone has been criticized unfairly she sticks up for them as seen in this pick here
link
più di un anno fa edennirvana said…
The Fanpop Four Award for Constructive Criticism: I agree with amazondebs and chel on nominating DrDevience for this award, for her tireless efforts on the importance of image crediting. But more importantly for her honesty when stating her opinions..always an admirable trait.

The Dave Lu Humanitarian Award: I nominate Cinders for this award, because she has a way with words that no one has, and how she's constantly mediating when some situations get out of hand. She always has a kind word for everyone but can also be blunt when the occasion calls for it.

Lifetime Achievement Award: I second marissa's nomination of kathiria82 for this award. It's no secret that she is a top contributor on Fanpop and has expressed her desire to keep helping Fanpop grow. IN MY OPINION, that makes her deserving of this award.

EDIT: Just to be clear, when I say top, I'm stating my opinion based on the obvious: type of content, quality AND quantity, etc.
più di un anno fa DrDevience said…
(The check is in the mail...)
più di un anno fa Temptasia said…
For the Life Time Achievement Award I would like to nominate link. First of all what I would like to say about Chel is that she has contributed a huge amount of content recently. In the last few months she has gone from being in the top 20 contributors to number 4! I think that is just simply amazing.
Secondly, it is easy to contribute tons and tons of images to put yourself in the top contributors, but that is not what Chel did. She got there before she was adding tons of images. She got there by adding picks, and all of them are high quality. I would argue that she has the most creative mind of anyone here on Fanpop. Her picks are always funny and have wonderful images to go along with them. She pays great attention to detail and puts a great amount of time into her picks.
There is no one more deserving of this award because the content she adds posesses both quality and quanity which is a very big accomplishment. Chel got to where she is today through hard work!
più di un anno fa jamfan4 said…
I think knifewrench should win the FanpopFour award for Constructive Criticism.

Their contributions to the Christianity Spot and picks/images/soapboxes in general are always very helpful without being condescending.
più di un anno fa kathiria82 said…
I would just like to say that even though I am not part of this spot yet I want to nominate people, is that okay?

Also I am quite tired of people pointing out who the top contributors are. Who the hell cares about that? That`s not the point of Fanpop, and this is not a competition. That`s all you guys do is try to surpass people on here and it`s so pathetic really. If you`re not guilty of this then don`t get defensive on me or take offense to my words, got it? Thanks to those who nominated me for what I add not how much I add to Fanpop.
that's a great point kathiria - i'm a firm believer in quality over quantity :)
più di un anno fa DarkSarcasm said…
The Fanpop Four Award for Constructive Criticism: link
DrD is probably the most honest person on Fanpop. When she states her opinions, people listen (perhaps out of fear, but they listen nonetheless. =P) DrD won't go easy on you, but she gets her point across clearly and respectfully. Go DrD! =)

The Dave Lu Humanitarian Award: link
I think Temptasia really deserves this award. In my opinion, Tarah is what a good Fanpopper should be - she's kind, she's helpful, she's funny, and she generally cares about Fanpop, its contents, and its contributors. I'd also like to mention (yes, again... this is just so it has absolutely no chance of being overlooked. =P) that Tarah is the one who brought Fanpoppers together in the fight against trolls when she declared January as Anti-Troll Month (although the nomination is for Temptasia, I feel obligated to send a shout-out to Knifewrench and his wonderful ATSOF - thanks, dude!). Who's better suited to recieve The Dave Lu Humanitarian Award than Temptasia, the nicest person on Fanpop?

Lifetime Achievement Award: link
Chel1395 has flown under the radar for quite a while (at least that's how I saw it... O.O) but in the last few months, she's really started to shine. Chel has grown famous for her picks (they're not just about The Office anymore! =D) but I don't think people really notice how much other quality content she adds. While she may not have the biggest numbers on Fanpop, I think it's quality, dedication, a brilliant imagination, and a positive attitude that make Chel such a great candidate. =)
can i ask another question do the pannel member pick the winner of the special awards or the nominees?
It's about time I back up my "seconding" of the Temptasia nomination.

I have never seen an unkind word leave Tarah's lips (or her fingers as the case may be). She contributes and is always a positive influence on this site. She has held her own in conflicts without sinking into the mud and she writes great soapboxes about the importance of being friendly on Fanpop like link or the link articles. She's always positive and encouraging and well... OK, it has to be said, just look at her face! She's a doll.

And debs, I think you mean "the fans" not the nominees? I may be interpreting your question wrong though, don't wanna put words in your mouth.

And kathiria raises a good point. It's all about valuable content not just throw away stuff folks added just because. But I think we've nominated the right people.
più di un anno fa knifewrench said…
I don't quite understand why I've been nominated for the Constructive Criticism award.... I mean, it's one of the things I least expected to be nominated for.
what i meant cinders, although i think i worded it weirdly
was do the pannel just pick the winners
or do they pick the nominees which the fans get to pick from?

am i making any kind of sense? lol
Yeah, that's much better.

I dunno how it works for these. I know they just choose the nominees for the normal awards.

Sorry to put words in your mouth. It's a bad habit I have saying, "I think you meant..." Pisses my friends off.
no no it's fine lol
i often don't make a right lot of sense and am glad there's you and drD to translate to the rest of fanpopdom :)
più di un anno fa hooch-is-crazy said…
the lifetime achievent award will (unless something changes) be decided by the comitee, i'll try to work out with bliss and dazl how the others will be decided.
taa hooch
più di un anno fa megloveskyle said…
1) Fanpop Four Award for Constructive Criticism:
CINDERS
She knows how to deal with the a$$holes in the Debate spot.
2) Lifetime Achievement Award:
Kathira82
She is the one and only Fanpop legend. She contributes high quality content.
3) Dave Lu Humanitarian Award:
Tubby2002
She's an awesome person and never has anything rude or offensive to say. She has always been a genuine sweetheart.

più di un anno fa SpasticNature said…
Tarah is a true humanitarian of Fanpop. I, being her husband, am always around to hear about how she really feels about how members treat eachother here on this wonderful and should-never-be-anything-but happy site. She is often saddened and occasionally offended by mean-spirited remarks and attitudes toward other members. She believes, as I do, that we all should keep in mind the true nature of what Fanpop is all about: a place where people can come to celebrate their favorite things! There is no room nor appropriate circumstances for people to slander and put one another down for the different opinions we all have. Differences we should also celebrate and, if nothing else, POLITELY debate in an appropriate manner. And though Tarah and I share these ideals we both take differnet approaches to sharing our ideals with our fellow Fanpoppers (as many of you may have noticed). While I often take it upon myself to veiw these comment boxes as my own personal pulpit to preach these concepts of niceness and civility amongst one another, my wife (truly the more humanitarian of the pair of us) takes a the higher road and strives to lead by example and simply show how great it is to sweet and nice and always polite to everyone all the time! We're all here to express our love for things we think are great and she shows us all just how to do it! That is why I nominate link for the Dave Lu Humanitarian Award.
più di un anno fa SpasticNature said…
Also I forgot to mention that Temptasia has been voted link by the fans. As her husband I can say that she is kind and sincere in every aspect of her life.
più di un anno fa kathiria82 said…
The Fanpop Four Award for Constructive Criticism: link
The Dave Lu Humanitarian Award: link
Lifetime Achievement Award: link
cooooool.

nominations are clooooooosed.

captain morgan's all around...

yay.
più di un anno fa aholic said…
Oh c*** already! :P I was just in school and at work! Anyway good luck everyone! =D