Gli Eroi dell’Olimpo I Must Fight

LeosGirl posted on Feb 10, 2013 at 04:25AM

Author: LeosGirl, but you may call me Mad Hatter.

Rating: T...I guess :P

Summary: There was a child. She was born for a reason. Not to live a normal life, not allowed to make her own decisions, but to be a weapon. What kind of weapon? The most feared, ultimate power runs through her veins, her heart pumped the blood of a fighter. She was a weapon.

A weapon of the gods.

Disclaimer: I do own some of the characters and the plot, but the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus characters go to Rick Riordan. :)

Characters: Anastasia, Lilly, Percy, Annabeth, Leo, Hazel, Frank, and the rest of the gang along with some other characters I created.

I hope you like it. ~Mad Hatter<3

Chapter 1: The Beginning

There was a child. She was born for a reason. Not to live a normal life, not allowed to make her own decisions, but to be a weapon. What kind of weapon? The most feared, ultimate power runs through her veins, her heart pumped the blood of a fighter. She was a weapon.

A weapon of the gods.

“Nyx,” Zeus spoke in a serious tone, “We have a request.” He stood with fake confidence with the other gods. They were each a dozen feet tall, but were puny compared to the size of Nyx.
“What is this ‘request’?” She sneered. Her eyes shone with the anger of a meteorite and her sky black hair floated around her like a Van Gogh painting come to life. Her long dress showed no curves, no lines, just darkness; stars dotted the dress, matching the sky.
“A child.” The god of lightnings’ voice echoed off the Corinthian, white, stone walls, “We request a child.”
Nyx stared, she raised her eyebrow, demanding an explanation. “We need a strong child. One that shall be a weapon against the enemy.”

The palace was quiet as they awaited Nyx’s decision. “Fine,” she answered boredly, “I will grant your request of a child. But,” she smiled, “Who will raise the young one?”
The Olympians looked at each other, mumbling awkwardly. Secretly pleading that another shall take the baby.

“I will.” One of them stepped forward. His black, long hair and unkempt beard was groomed to the best it could be and his sea green eyes glowed beautifully with determination.
“Ah,” Nyx smiled, amused, “I should have known that kind Poseidon would take the thing. Fine then, Poseidon, congratulations. You are a father.” She laughed as her figure went up into a flash of light and dispersed into a small supernova. A midnight black basket sat on the ground where her feet used to be.

Poseidon’s face softened slightly as he went to see his new kinly. He shrunk to human size and the other Olympians watched as he picked up a small bundle in a sky blue blanket.

“What is your name child?” He whispered fondly to the baby. The small thing yawned and looked up at him with wide, new eyes.

“Your name, my little girl,” Poseidon whispered, “Shall be Anastasia. Save us all, my dear child. You are our resurrection.” The baby girl smiled at her godly father, not knowing the true meaning behind his words.

A/N: I will try to post when it is possible. I know I have been gone a lot, due to delays, and I am very sorry. I am still not 100% back to fanpop yet, and I don't know when I will be, but I will do my best to post. Please forgive my tardiness.
~Mad Hatter
last edited on Apr 20, 2014 at 06:13PM

Gli Eroi dell’Olimpo 95 risposte

Click here to write a response...
Next

Showing Replies 51-95 of 95

più di un anno fa rainbow_girl said…
big smile
i agree w/ corrected. WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?
but other than that, SOOOO FREAKIN AMAZING!!!!! U HAFTA POST SOON!!!!!!
LeosGirl commented…
Just postato LOL! xD più di un anno fa
rainbow_girl commented…
i no! but... ARGH!!!! I NEED THE successivo CHAPPIE!!! più di un anno fa
cake
NEW PAGE!!!!
tee hee! :]

CAKE!
più di un anno fa corrected said…
GREAT POST LOVED IT
più di un anno fa LeosGirl said…
Chapter 11: An Angry Goddess

Where is she?!” That loud scream woke Anastasia out of her peaceful rest. She slowly sat up and rubbed her head before examining the bandages on her shoulder. “Ow,” She whispered as she tugged at them, trying to see the severity of her wound.

CRASH! Anastasia looked up, wide-eyed.

Azzurra laughed awkwardly, trying to kick the shards of the vase out of his way. “Oh, watch your feet! You’re barefoot, fishboy!” Anastasia kicked the covers off, “No! Stay in bed, princess!” Azzurra slammed the door shut.

“What’s going on?” Anastasia watched, wide-eyed, as Azzurra did his best to keep the door closed as there was loud banging on the other side. He laughed awkwardly again and gave her a dazzling smile, “Nothing, princess! Just-” BOOM!

Get away from my daughters’ door!

Anastasia got up at her fathers’ angry scream. “Azzurra, you will tell me what is happening and you will tell me now.”

“You see,” Azzurra laughed again, “You might have angered Aphrodite, hehe. And she is very livid and is trying to get to you.” Azzurras’ chest was rising and falling rapidly as he did his best to keep the seething goddess on the opposite side of the door.

“She did what was needed of her to do!” There was a loud crash in the hallway that made Anastasia jump, “Ares was a mess! And it is her fault!”

“As you can probably tell, Aphrodite and Ares are lovers.” Azzurra exclaimed as he pushed against the door like a quarterback. He was starting to sweat and his arms were hurting.

“Ah!” Azzurra exclaimed as the door swung open, making Anastasia cough from the sudden burst of pink perfume. Azzurra quickly scrambled up from the floor and planted himself in front of his princess.

“Now, Aphrodite, let’s not do rash things. She is still healing! I know you have the kindness to allow her to heal before you challenge her!” Azzurra gave her a charming smile.

Anastasia peeked over Azzurras’ shoulder, wanting a look at the goddess. Her beautiful, multicolored eyes were alive with anger, her flowing brown hair tossed behind, onto her back, her figure was small yet curvy with denim jeans and a gorgeous low-necked white shirt, a pair of gold sandals completed the outfit. No doubt about it in Anastasias’ mind, she was beautiful.

Aphrodite took a step to the boy, “Move out of my way! I don’t want to talk to you, pretty boy!”

“‘Pretty boy’, eh? That means a lot coming from you, Aphrodite.” Azzurra ended it with a wink. Aphrodite rolled her eyes, “Please, boy, I invented flirting. Now, move!” Azzurra put on his best smile and opened his mouth when Anastasia pushed him, “This is ridiculous. What can I do for you, Aphrodite?”

The goddess scoffed for a second at her audacity. Composing herself, she said, “You, child, have ruined my Ares! The poor thing was crying all night! It is all your fault! So, I have come to challenge you!” Aphrodites’ eyes did a sweep of the girl and then grimaced.

Anastasia narrowed her eyes, “Excuse me, but I do not like it when people size me up.”

Aphrodite laughed, “There’s hardly anything to size up!” Azzurra stepped in, laughing awkwardly, “Oh, no.” He tried pulling Anastasia behind him, but Anastasia pushed him away, her jaw grinding.

“Alright, Pinky, I accept your challenge.” Anastasia crossed her arms and sent Aphrodite a challenging glare. Aphrodites’ eyes a lit with pink fire, “‘Pinky’?!

“Oh, no.” Azzurra laughed.

Anastasia did her best to put her shirt on. “Ow,” She flinched. Azzurra opened and closed the door. Seeing her predicament, he said, “Ah, allow me, princess.” He scrambled to her closet for a different shirt, knowing that the one in her hands would be too constricting with her shoulder. Anastasia dropped it to the floor as he pulled a chain-mail article of clothing off a hanger.

“I can’t believe you accepted her challenge,” he shook his head as he walked back to her. “What was I suppose to do?!” Azzurra slipped her healthy arm into the sleeve. “You are not healed.” He frowned. Anastasia bit her lip as he did his best to carefully slip her injured arm in the other sleeve, gently lifting it over her shoulder.

“I guess I will just have to deal.” Anastasia watched him as he zipped up the chain-mail shirt. “You stubborn seahorse,” He whispered, earning a giggle from her. He smiled and smoothed out a wrinkle on her sleeve, “There.”

“Thank you, Azzurra.” She flexed her arm a little. “Anything for my princess.” She rolled her eyes and quickly kissed him.

“Be careful,” He whispered, grabbing her hand before she left the room. “You always tell me that,” she laughed, “I’ll be fine. If I took Ares, I think I can take Miss Frilly out there.” Azzurra laughed, “You’re probably right, but...”

“But...what?”

“Aphrodite likes to....hit sensitive nerves. You can’t listen to what she says, no matter how true it seems, do you understand?” Anastasia nodded as he cupped her face with his hand. “She is going to try to make you feel like nothing, but it’s not true. None of the insults she says. Don’t be self conscience, don’t lose your confidence, and and don’t let her get to you.” Anastasia nodded, “I understand.”

“And Anastasia,” She looked into his eyes, “No matter what she says, you are beautiful.” Azzurra kissed her.

“Thank you,” She whispered and hugged him. Azzurra held her hand as they walked to the arena. “Are you ready?” Aphrodite smirked as Anastasia took her stance.

“I was born ready.”

A/N: Okay, so I know that one wasn't so exciting. I liked it and thought it was cute. I just don't like going straight to the next battle, because it just wouldn't happen like that so, I like to put in filler chapters. Well, I hope you enjoyed. :D Obviously, the next chapter will be Anastasia vs. Aphrodite. That ought to be interesting, Lol! xD Till next time.
~Mad Hatter~
last edited più di un anno fa
great post
ur doing good keep it up
big smile
yayay!! u posted!! that was INCREDIBLE!! i luv aphrodites care for ares. "he was up alk night crying!" haha! lol.

sigh, i dont get how u write chappies so fast and so good. POST ASAP!!!!
più di un anno fa AwakenShadow said…
smile
awesome chap, your story is awesome
LeosGirl commented…
Thanks. Nice to meet you, da the way. :) più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa agamotto said…
Well done, LOVED IIIIT! So, how long till we can expect the next chapter?
corrected commented…
never rush an autore più di un anno fa
LeosGirl commented…
@agamotto: Thank you, too. Welcome and nice to meet te also :) The successivo chapter will be up Saturday. più di un anno fa
LeosGirl commented…
@corrected: LOL! That's amazing ;D più di un anno fa
agamotto commented…
I wasn't rushing , I just wanted to know about how long till I needed to check back in. più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa moonbeam111 said…
Awesome Mad Hatter
Can't wait till next post :D
smile
Some comments, please? Then I shall post.
ok then.

POOOOOOOOOOOST!!!!!!!!
COMMENT
Chapter 12: Beauty And The Beast

“I was born ready.” Anastasia held her ground, tall and strong.
Aphrodite held in a sarcastic snort, knowing that it wouldn’t be very lady-like. “What are your powers, anyway? What kind of powers does a goddess of love have?” Anastasia didn’t even try to keep the coldness out of her voice.

“Watch yourself, girl. Love is powerful all by itself. Although love can be ones’ strength, it can also be their greatest weakness.” Aphrodites’ voice was low and cold, “What if you lost him?” She whispered her eyes switching from Anastasia to Azzurra.

“Don’t you touch him.” Anastasia hissed. Aphrodite laughed, the laugh was very sing-song but it still sent chills down Anastasias’ back, “I don’t need to touch him. Just a little of my power is all it takes, Anastasia. I could make him fall in love with someone else, leaving the poor white haired girl in the dust.”

A sharp pang went through Anastasias’ heart as she had visions of Azzurra loving another girl. He wouldn’t be stupid to choose someone prettier than me... Anastasia couldn’t help her self-beating thoughts. “That’s right...” Aphrodite hissed, able to tell what Anastasia was thinking by the melancholy look on your face.

“Oh, I could just see it now,” Aphrodite chuckled, “You torn to bits, screaming at him and attacking the other girl.”

Anastasia shook her head, crestfallen, “I would never scream at him. And I would not attack her.” Aphrodite looked at her, genuinely surprised, “You would not? But the jealousy would tear you to shreds....”

Anastasia's’ eyes betrayed her as a lone tear streaked her cheek. “It’ not his fault. I have learned, from personal experience, that you can not control who you fall in love with,” she took a quick glance at Azzurra, tearing her eyes away when they met his, “And it would not be the girls fault, again, you can not control it.” Anastasia took a deep breath and wiped her face.

“Actually...If anyone were to blame,” Anastasia’s eyes blazed, harsh anger slipping through, “I would say that it would be you.” Aphrodite gulped, but tried to cover it up with a scowl.

“I do not want to fight you, simply because there is no way we could possibly fight. I just request your blessing. Not your kindness, not your compassion or trust, just your blessing.”

“Answer me this,” Anastasia nodded, agreeing to answer, “Why? You fight us, hate us, but you do all of this to protect us?” Aphrodite was puzzled.

“Miss, I would not necessarily say I hate all of you, but I do not enjoy your company. I do this because it is what I am here for. I have known my whole entire life, whether I choose to accept it or not. Besides, do I look like the type of person to let someone die just because I hate them?” Anastasia tilted her head to the side.

“But you choose to fight us,” Aphrodite pointed out. Anastasia laughed, “I did not choose that. That is the only way you guys will allow me your blessings. Besides, I am not killing you, I am fighting you. For something that will save many more lives than just the Olympians.”

Aphrodite thought for a second, “I may be an Olympian, but I have a heart,” Aphrodite smiled, “I am the goddess of love, after all. I will give you my blessing on one condition.”

Anastasia’s eyes widened, “Yes?”

“You must always accept love.”

Anastasia wrinkled her nose, “What does that mean?” Aphrodite chuckled, “You will find out.” Anastasia resisted the urge to roll her eyes, “Yes, ma’am.” She nodded her agreement.

Aphrodite snapped her fingers and the familiar sensation passed over Anastasias’ body. She has grown used to it now, the pain not as bad as the things she has gone through since her arrival to this new world.

She looked at her new strand of pink and her kaleidoscopic eyes. “Thank you. You were probably the kindest, yet scariest of my opponents so far.”

Aphrodite chuckled, “You are welcome. Be wise, child.” And with that she snapped her fingers and was gone. Anastasia was still coughing from the perky perfume in her lungs as she walked up to Azzurra.

“Well,” his eyes were wide, in shock, “That was easy.” Anastasia laughed and grabbed his hand. Watching how his fingers entwined and fit in hers like a missing puzzle piece. “What did she say?” Azzurra furrowed his brows at her sudden distant eyes, “It was nothing you need to worry about.” Azzurra let it drop.

Azzurra knocked gently on the door to the clinic. “Come in,” Anastasia recognized the honey voice of the nurse. Azzurra was about to close the door when a little body blocked it. “Wait, Fishy! I want to come, too!”
Lilly held her hands up, signaling that she wanted Azzurra to pick her up.

“I don’t know, princess...” Azzurra turned to the nurse, “She’s fine,” the aquatic woman waved her hand.
Azzurra smiled and picked Lilly up. Anastasia smiled, “Hey, Tiger.” Azzurra handed off Lilly to Anastasia, “Stasia! Are you okay?” Lilly pointed to Anastasia’s shoulder, “Still healing.” She nodded.

Anastasia sat down on the edge of the boys’ bed, Lilly in her lap. Azzurra stood and began talking to the nurse, “How is he?”

“He suffered from exhaustion and hunger. I don’t know when was the last time he ate, but it has been a while,” the nurse looked at the boy with pitying eyes, “He has slept very long, so he should be waking up anytime now.” Azzurra nodded, “Thank you.”

Azzurra kneeled in front of the boy. “I wonder how long it’s going to be till he wakes up.” Anastasia shook her head, “There’s no telling with his physical state.” Azzurra observed the boy with kind eyes, the boy’s skin was sickly pale, almost grey and his hair was jet black with white streaks. Anastasia knew what Azzurra was thinking, “You can stay with him. Take time off until you want to come back.”

Azzurra shook his head, “No, Anastasia. I serve your father, I can not just ‘take a break’.” Anastasia gave him a stern glare, “And you also serve me and I order you to stay by this boy’s side.” Azzurra shook his head and stifled a chuckle, “As you wish, princess.”

Anastasia smiled, “Good.”

Anastasia watched observantly as Azzurra tentatively corrected the sheets on the bed before straightening them. He began fixing the bedside table and the pillows. Anastasia smiled as he pushed a strand of the boy’s hair off his face with care. Azzurra’s eyes met Anastasia’s and his cheeks pinkened. “Err, sorry.”

Anastasia laughed, “It’s okay. I do that to Lilly all the time.” Anastasia squished Lilly in a sisterly hug.

“What was serving Ares like?” Anastasias’ voice was low. Azzurras’ eyes flickered from her to Lilly, showing that it wasn’t good to talk about such things in front of the children. Anastasia nodded in understanding.

“He’s a little Fishy!” Lilly exclaimed, breaking the silence. Azzurra laughed, “He does look a lot like me, doesn’t he? Besides his hair...” Anastasia smiled, “Maybe you have a new little brother...” Azzurras’ eyes widened at what Anastasia was implying.

“I-I can’t take care of him. How do I take care of him? I’d have to raise him and teach him and-” Anastasias’ loud laughter interrupted him, “Azzurra, deep breaths. Look at you! You’re already taking care of him. Just be there for him. You’d be surprised how easy it becomes, once you are used to the idea, that is.” Azzurra nodded.

“I wonder what his name is... Can he even talk?” Azzurra shrugged. “Hopefully we will find out.”

“Look!” Lilly squealed happily and pointed at the sickly boy who was beginning to stir. The boy made a croaking sound as he opened his eyes. Immediately, his eyes widened in fear and he straightened himself, ready to fight. “Calm!” Azzurra ordered, “You are in the palace of Poseidon, your homeland.” He smiled as the boy visibly relaxed.

“What is your name?” Anastasia asked softly. The boy looked at her questioningly with guarded eyes. She nodded, “You have a right to be frightened. After all, we are strangers. But, we are not going to hurt you.”

His vision softened a little, but he still said nothing. Anastasia and Azzurra watched as his eyes moved from them to Lilly and a hint of a smile played at his lips. “Tiger,” Lilly looked up expectantly at Anastasia, “Why don’t you keep him company while we go talk?” Lilly nodded and Anastasia ushered Azzurra out of the room.

“What are you doing?” Azzurra whispered as she closed the door. “He is a child, therefore he will be most comfortable with another child. Let him get over his fears and then we can go from there.” Azzurra nodded and they left to discuss matters with her father.

“I’m Tiger Lilly!” She exclaimed, moving excitedly to sit in front of the boy. He didn’t respond, but looked at her with amused eyes. “Can you talk? Is your mouth broken?” Lilly tilted her head to the side. The boys’ mouth opened wide in a laughter filled smile, but no noise came out. “What happened to your noise box?” Lilly pondered out loud. The boy smiled with glee, enjoying the new person in front of him.

He tried to form a word, but no sound came out. He held his throat and looked towards Lilly, fear and tears in his eyes. Lilly looked desperately around the room, “Hold on!” She jumped from the bed and moved to the bedside table. She picked up a vase of water and did her best to pour the boy a glass, mumbling an “Oopsy.” when she missed the cup.

The boy drank the liquid in large gulps, realizing how thirsty he was. “More?” Lilly cutely tilted her head to the side, he nodded. They continued that until there was no more water in the vase.

“What’s your name?” Lilly sat his now empty glass on the table and sat down next to him.

“M-” the boy’s voice cracked and he loudly cleared his throat, “Mano,” he said when his throat cooperated, “But you can call me Sharkfin.”

“I’ll call you Guppie!” Lilly said happily. Mano blanched, “Uh, Sharkfin is better.” Lilly shook her head stubbornly, “No, you are Guppie.”

Mano gave in and just nodded. “Where am I?” He looked around the room.

“In my daddy’s palace! In the nurse’s room.” Mano’s eyes widened, “Your-Your father? Poseidon?” Lilly nodded happily, “Yup!”

“Ah, princess!” Mano did a hasty bow, Lilly laughed. “You’re a mini Fishy! A Guppie!”

“Fishy? The man?” Lilly nodded happily. “Who was the girl?”

Lily smiled, “My big sister, Stasia.” Lilly could see the nervousness in his eyes, “Everyone is really nice here! They will love you! You can be in our family! Guppie, my brother!” She giggled at the thought.

Mano softened, “Okay. I’d like that. Can I call you Tiger?” Lilly nodded enthusiastically. “Okay, Tiger.” Mano chuckled.

Maybe I can have a home...And a family that loves me..., he thought as Lilly took his hand, deep in conversation. Mano smiled wholesomely, in what seemed like forever.

(A/N:) Okay, I want to explain something really quickly. I know Anastasia and Aphrodite did not fight, but in all honesty, I don't think they would have. Aphrodite is a goddess who wrecks her opponents emotionally, not physically. And as you guys all know with her past with Percabeth, she uses young love as a source of entertainment. I don't think she would just down right break them or fight Anastasia. I'm sorry if you do not like the fact that there was no fighting, fighting but I hope you can over look that.
Oh, and aren't Mano and Lilly adorable?! :D
Now, I have to go study for a test...:/ *sigh* Wish me luck.
~A-hoping-for-a-good-grade Mad Hatter!~
AESOME POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOOD LUCK ON UR TEST> POST SOON
big smile
THAT WAS SOOOOO FREAKIN AMAZING!!!!!
POOOOST SOON!!!!

and good luck!
più di un anno fa Phoenix_Stone said…
big smile
-cheers as fanpop becomes its normal self-

AWSHUM CHAPTERS! :D

Sorry I didn't comment sooner! XP

I need the next chapter sooooooo badly. 0.0

Please post soon! ^-^

(Hope the studying and tests went well ;P)
surprise
OMG!!!! WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?!?!?
plzzzz come back to us mad hatter!!! plzzzzz!!! i need u and ur posts!!!
heart
Guys I am so sorry! I went thru a lot of crap the last couple weeks and lost my laptop so I couldn't post. I still haven't gotten it back, so I don't know when I will be able to get the next chapter up. I don't know if I should even be on right now, but I had to let y'all know.
So, I'm sorry, I love you and I miss you.

~A-Hoping-to-be-Back-Soon, Mad Hatter!
Well, take your time, and if or when you find your laptop, again take your time we can wait, even if it is difficult. as to the lack of fighting, a verbal battle can be even more dangerous than a physical one, so you did quite well indeed.
più di un anno fa i-am-evil said…
Random-comment-that-not-a-lot-of-people-wi­ll-­get #327: Azura is the goddess of dusk and dawn in a game series called the Elder Scrolls. Anyway, take ur time posting.
più di un anno fa i-am-evil said…
And I like cheesecake! . . . . . . . . . . . . inside joke!
rainbow_girl commented…
derp più di un anno fa
smile
its all right mad hatter. we can be patient and wait. take ur time posting, no hurry.
heart
Okay, I'm not dead, I promise... At least I don't think I am... Am I a zombie? Oops. Lol! XD So I know I haven't posted in forever. I'm so sorry. Still waiting for my laptop. I might end up just waiting for the summer. Please, please be patient with me and anyone who is still here: THANKS! LOVE YOU! Gotta go.

~Mad Hatter
più di un anno fa kkw1700 said…
OMG MAD HATTER. I skipped the story just to say hi when i saw you wrote it so im going to go do that now :DDD
smile
YAY!! glad ur still alive! lol.
ok. ill be patient!
wink
Ooohh... I smell a loooooveee interest!! Hehe I'm onl on chapter three or four idk hahah
post soon. dont ditch uss
laugh
OOOOHHHHH! I SO CALLED ITTTT! Hahahaga yay they're aborablee \(^o^)/
MAD HATTERRRRRR! where r uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu???????
più di un anno fa extraordinary25 said…
This is an awesome story! Pleeeeeeeze post more!
big smile
Hey, guys! Missed you! I'm working on a chapter right now!
cake
Chapter 13: Let's Get Cooking:

"Good morning!" Azzurra sang as he yanked the covers off of Anastasia. "No!" Was her reply as she buried herself in her pillow.

"Oh, come on, princess!" Azzurra sat on the edge of her bed and pried the pillow from her grasp. He was greeted by a smiling Anastasia.

"Good morning," he said softly and kissed her forehead.

"Morning," she yawned.

Anastasia rubbed her eyes as Azzurra rummaged through her closet. "What Olympian today?"

"Hades, god of death." Azzurra frowned at the clothes. "He wants to fight at night, though. So, princess, what shall we do today?" He turned to Anastasia with an impish smile.

"Well..." Anastasia chewed on her lip, "Will you teach me how to cook?"

Azzurra did a double-take. "Cook? Why? I cook, it's my job."

"Then I can help you with dinner and making our meals." Anastasia chuckled at Azzurras horrified face.

"But, princess! I cook, you train! A princess helping the servant!" Azzurra scoffed.

Anastasia crossed her arms over her chest and lifted her chin, challenging Azzurra. “I would very much like to learn how to cook for future knowledge. Are you going to deny me of that?”

Azzurra looked taken back. “Of-of course not! It’s just-”

“Azzurra...” Anastasia said her warning slowly, her chin still raised in stubbornness.

Azzurra let out the air in his lungs in defeat, “Fine. If the princess wishes it, I will teach her to cook.” He bowed, the corner of his mouth lifting up.

Anastasia regretted her choice as soon as she saw the oven. “What’s wrong?” Azzurra asked, trying to keep the humor out of his tone. “N-Nothing!” She exclaimed, looking at the burning furnace in front of her.

The oven was very old-fashioned: a clay square with a small chimney for smoke to escape. Except, there was one key factor that made it different from all the other ovens: the beautiful, yet dangerous stream of lava that constantly flowed beneath the coals in a river of heat. “Where does the lava come from?” Anastasia asked, a little dazed at the thought of lava in the ocean.

“The forge,” Azzurra said like it should have been obvious from the start, “The lava runs from this oven, to the ground, and finally at it’s starting point; the blacksmith’s home.” She watched his finger move from the oven to the ground, tracing the path of the liquid fire.

“Oh,” Was what she managed. She watched as Azzurra got a myriad of ingredients out and stacked them on the long, marble table in the centre of the kitchen. “What are we making?’ She asked curiously.

“Well, since I’m sure you do not have the slightest idea of what to do in a kitchen”-he stopped when he saw Anastasias’ mean glare and wrinkled nose, the corner of his mouth turned up-”Am I wrong?” At her chagrin cheeks, he continued: “We will start with a batch of cookies.”

“Okay, sounds easy.” She assumed, her face lighting up. Azzurra hid his smirk and called her to his side.
“Okay, I will tell you what to do. Pay attention and ask for help if you need it, okay? First, put your ingredients into a mixing bowl.” Azzurra watched as Anastasia debated on what to put in the large bowl in front of her. “What do I put into it?” Anastasia asked, confused by the amass of ingredients in front of her.

Some were normal for baking, while others were peculiar.

A hint of mischief gleamed in Azzurras’ eyes, “Guess.” He said and that terrible smirk came into play. Anastasia chewed her lip as she pointed at a random ingredient. “No.” Azzurra said.

She pointed at another, “No.”

And again, “No.”

So, she pointed at another. Azzurras booming laugh shocked her, “You’re the first one to put toadstool in the cookies!” Anastasias’ cheeks flamed and she punched Azzurra in the arm, smug when she knocked him off his feet. “Okay, okay.” Azzurra wrangled in his chortles as he picked himself up off of the kitchen floor.

She pointed, hesitantly, at another ingredient, “Correct.” She beamed as she threw it into the bowl. They continued like that, Azzurra picking fun every so often, until she had all the ingredients in the bowl. He handed her a whisk and she began mixing the ingredients until she had a dough like consistency.

“Now, butter the pan.” Azzurra advised. She did, only messing up once when the stick of butter flew from her hand and onto the floor, making her wait as, laughing, Azzurra got her another. He helped stretch the dough onto the pan and smooth it out before it was ready to put into the oven.

“You do it, please.” Anastasia whined as she looked at the orange and red coals.

“You can do it. It won’t bite you.” Azzurra chuckled. Anastasia shot him a glare. “No, only severely burn me,” she mumbled under her breath as she took slow, cautious steps to the gaping monster. She was about a foot away when Azzurra exclaimed, “No! Watch out!” Scared out of her mind, she jumped backwards nearly dropping the pan and losing her balance.

Her eyes shot daggers as Azzurra sank to the floor, his laughter echoing off the walls of the kitchen.

“Stupid Fish Boy!” She exclaimed as she kicked him, her face and ears an awful shade of red.

“O-ow!” Azzurra gasped between laughs of hysteria. “Oh, princess! Your face!” As she turned a darker crimson, his laughter increased, bringing tears to his eyes. Anastasia threw the pan in roughly and closed the oven door with a loud bang! as Azzurra got a hold of himself.

“You-Pffft!-” Azzurra threw a hand over his mouth and collected himself before he continued, “You did an excellent job.” He still snickered. Anastasia huffed and spun away from him. “You’re so mean,” she mumbled under her breath, her embarrassment clear as the pink on her ears.

“I’m sorry,” Azzurra chuckled as he brought her in for a one-sided hug, “I couldn't resist.” When she smiled and returned the hug, he smoothed her bangs out of the way and pressed his lips to her forehead.

“They should be done.” Azzurra alerted Anastasia as to get the cookies out of the oven.

He watched, fascinated, as she moved herself in a weird stance: one arm outstretched, gloved with a cooking mit to grab the hot pan, one foot planted solidly away and the other stretched out to the oven, in a position as if she were surfing, and her unoccupied arm stretched firmly away from the heat of the oven.

Azzurra put his hand over his mouth as his body shook with silent chuckles. Quick as a flash, Anastasia yanked the pan out of the oven and onto the counter, nearly tossing a couple cookies off of the pan and onto the floor.

“G-good job.” Azzurra praised, getting his laughter under control, yet again.
Anastasia blew out a breath and threw the oven mit onto the counter. “Let’s let them cool and then we can try them.”

“They’re burnt...” Anastasia mumbled, disappointed as she chewed the cookie that was a little too much charcoal for her likings.

“You hesitated too long to get them out,” Azzurra noted, his voice professor like as he chewed, the cookie making an obvious crunch sound.

Anastasia pouted, “I didn't want to get burned.” She glared at him when he chuckled.

“By the way,” he said nonchalantly, “You have flour on your face.”

“Where?!” Anastasia exclaimed, scoffing at her messiness.

“Right....Everywhere.” Azzurra chuckled as he motioned to her whole face.

“Why didn't you tell me?!” She exclaimed as she started wiping at the powder on her face, knowing she couldn't do anything about the blush that was there, too.

“Because it was funny.” Azzurra laughed.

His laughs were cut off by a sheer ringing. “Excuse me,” Azzurra stood up and wiped his hands on his pants, walking to the far wall of the kitchen. Anastasias’ eyebrows knitted together as she noticed, for the first time, the phone planted on the wall.

“Yes?” Azzurra asked into the device.

Anastasias’ interest piqued at his sudden change of expression, “I see.” He said gruffly.

“What is it?” She asked him as he sat back down. He smiled halfheartedly, though it was not a happy smile, yet a hollow one. “Hades is here.”

“Oh,” Anastasia clutched her stomach, feeling a little sick. Though, it wasn't from the tangent cookies.

“Come,” Azzurra offered her his hand,”You must prepare.”

A/N: Okay, a bit of fun was long over due. :D I hoped you liked it.
*sigh* Sadly, I do not know when I will be able to post again. Honestly, I was surprised I managed to post today. I know it's been forever and I am truly sorry. The idea of how long I made you guys wait truly haunts me. I will try to do my best. As always, I ask for your patience. Thank you <3
~Mad Hatter

heart
OMG OMG!!!! UR BAAAACK!!! SOOOO HAPPY!!!!
THAT WAS AMAZING MAD HATTER!!!! I LUVED IT!
PLZZZZZZZZZ POST SOON!!!!!
that was GREAT. post soooon
big smile
Please come back! Your last chapter was AWSHUM! ^-^
più di un anno fa bunnybot2000 said…
Please post! I can say it in different languages!!!
投稿してください!(Japanese)
请后!(simplified Chinese)
請後!(traditional Chinese)
पोस्ट कृपया! (Hindi)
heart
Hello? Is anyone there? I'm sorry it's been so long... I started high school... You know how that goes. I was wondering if I should try writing again? Please leave me your comments.
Chapter 14: Skeletons in the Dark

Anastasia stumbled, blindly groping for a wall to guide herself by, but, sadly, finding nothing. Her breathing was ragged due to fear. Anastasia does not have many fears, except for the fear that comes from common sense, but the dark is one of them. You never know what is waiting in the dark, yet we sleep, vulnerable, in the dark. She does not believe in monsters, besides mythological ones, of course, but she is afraid of her nightmares.

Awful nightmares of despair, destruction, and death. So much death. Although, she only has the nightmares at night time. She can sleep fine during the day or when she has some small glimpse of light to keep her safe. But the dark is a completely different story. She doesn't trust the dark.

Anastasia felt like she was suffocating. The darkness was choking her; ripping the oxygen out of her lungs. She turned her fogging breath to the stars, which seemed to be angry eyes glaring at her with hatred. Hatred for what? The answer: for simply being her. Choking, she fumbled until a strong hand caught her own.

“You’re fine,” Azzurra assured strongly, “It’s okay.” He pulled her to the center of the arena.

“Azzurra,” she choked, “I can’t…I can’t do this.” Feeling an anxiety attack she gasped for breath, “I can’t fight Hades.” Not in the dark, she added in her thoughts.

“You can, it’s just dark-“ He began.

That’s the point!” She snapped. Realizing what she did, she paled, “Sorry…Sorry.” She did her best to straighten up. “You…You can see?”

“Yes,” he answered, “Atlantians can see in the dark; just like fish.”

Anastasia felt a tinge of jealousy, her face pale from being nauseous. “I’m going to vomit…” She said quietly, shame creeping up her spine.

“No, no you are not. You are fine,” Azzurra placed his hands on her face and pressed their foreheads together to give her ground, “You are fine, Anastasia.” He repeated it until her breathing calmed.

“Okay,” she nodded, still a little pale, “Okay.”

Anastasia did her best to straighten up as Azzurra sat down, both of them worried. Trying not to focus on the darkness that she couldn’t escape, Anastasia began counting. She had just made it to 42 when there was a rumbling noise coming from the ground. Stumbling blindly backwards, the young girl tried to locate the source of the noise.

“Hello.” It was not cruel, nor warm. It was not light, nor darkness. An in-between that Anastasia welcomed more than bitterness. “I am Hades and for this short battle, I give you my blessing.” The familiar tug passed over her and she nearly cried in relief when her vision returned.

“Light,” she whispered, her voice rough.

“Not light, young one, you can now see perfectly in the dark.” The god Hades was tall and nimble, more bone than muscle, his eyes were hollow and sad, like he had seen the sin of the world, his pale lips barely pulling up at the corner in what, Anastasia thought, may have been a smile at one point in time. He was dressed comfortably in a black T-shirt and long, black slacks. He wore a belt made of gold, studded with jewels, and a crown made of withered bone.

“Hello, young niece.” His lips lifted to show pearly whites and Anastasia thought that Hades may be her favorite uncle yet…

There wasn't the best competition.

“Hello,” Anastasia nodded her head in a greeting. “I guess… We should begin.” It felt wrong to her; fighting this withered man. Especially since he has shown her nothing but kindness the few seconds she has known him.

With a slow nod and a flick of his wrist, Hades summoned a long staff, made of black flint and topped with a golden skull with ruby eyes. “If you are ready…”

Anastasia watched with wide eyes as the ground split in multiple places, deep cracks that leaked darkness. The darkness was placed with a reddish light and the sound of shuffling as, one by one, skeletons, dressed in different soldier uniforms, clawed their way out of the ground.

“Fight her, but do not kill her,” a small, sad smile crept up to Hades lips, “she is my niece, after all.” With a wide wave of his staff, the skeleton fighters rose to two, bony feet.

Yes, Master…” The dark soldiers hissed as one.

So, yeah... Just part of a chapter because it is still in progress. I don't know if anyone actually still reads this, but... Oh well.
A different topic: Hades. I know he is a lot different than in reality, but I like him this way and think he has a reason to be bitter and sad. He is the ruler of the Underworld. He sees and knows how everyone dies.

Also, even though I had made this forum when times were easy, they are not so easy now. I never abandoned this forum, which you would know if you have read my note at the top, but I did say that I had to take a break for a while and that I didn't know when things would get easier. I am near the end of the year, (I MADE IT PAST FRESHIE YEAR, GUYS!!!! :D) and soon it will be summer. I honestly missed writing and even though for a while my posts are going to be spastic and random, it should get better by the time summer starts. I will do my best. I missed you all, I missed writing, I missed a lot of things. If you are angry with me, fine, but my school priorities and my own emotional priorities come before posting. If anyone is still there, thank you for staying with me. For the rest, I hope you come back and I hope this club doesn't die out.
Thank you so very much for reading this and listening to my rant. xD

~A-'This Hasn't Been Said In An Extremely Long Time!'-Mad Hatter!
I still read it. Love it so far. Keep posting.
Oh goodness I've been gone for so long xD I'm back on Fanpop though, so it would be nice if this story could be continued. I still remember the plot xD PLEASE BE BACK SOON! (>^O^)>
più di un anno fa sugarpalstar said…
Yeah guys come back and POST!!!
It's been more than a couple of days, POSTIFY!
più di un anno fa PiperMclean7732 said…
Yea!
crying
Hey, I haven't been on in a while but I am writing a note for those who know me or read my story, I Must Fight. Sadly, due to an incident while I was away, I gave up writing. Now, I am struggling to get it back. However, I cannot continue the story because I can't remember how and do not know what to write next. I am really sorry. I feel awful for leaving but I think it's best. Maybe one day I will come back but not now. Thank you to those who stuck with me. Also, I am debating on deleting my account.

I am sorry.
~ Mad Hatter (I haven't been called that in a long time)
più di un anno fa olympianglory said…
Piper? What the heck? Why haven't you been posing on your forum?!?! Me and Fangirl thought you were dead!