“- Stefan’s method was very successful for Caroline, and we’ll see him trying to teach Elena, where Damon is taking the opposite point of view.
- We were heading toward the end of the road knowing that as a human, Stefan was Elena’s choice.
- We really wanted to see Stefan and Elena come back together after a really long and really horrible season. She was his champion and fought for him, even when he didn’t deserve to be fought for, she still came back and detto “I couldn’t stop loving you, I could never stop loving you.” That deserved payoff. When we wrote “The Last Day” last year, we knew where Stefan was going, and that was the last romantic episode those two were going to have probably for a year. We knew it was all going to go to hell, so finally being able to have one tiny moment of intimacy was nice. (about the finale kiss)
- It was just that slight little thing that she detto to him, when she was just trying to take the sting off: “Hey, maybe if te and I had met first.” She was just trying to soften the blow.
- He was destroyed for so many reasons. Meredith had already broken the news to him, so in that moment of lying over Elena’s body, he was mourning her as a human and realizing that ultimately he was unable to save her from the one thing she never wanted, which was to be a vampire. That’s going to weigh on him really heavily and it’s going to piss Damon off like nobody’s business, that Stefan saved Matt instead of Elena. Stefan had a big burden in that moment and what he had to do was be true to Elena. It’s like choosing to take someone off life support because it was their wish o to keep them on because te can’t let them go. It was what she wanted, and Stefan, if nothing else, has always been able to let her make her decision. If, as a vampire, she starts to make the wrong decisions, then we’ll see a shift in Stefan and how he feels about helping Elena through things. I think we’ll start to get a glimpse at the different sides of Stefan in a relationship, where it’s not going to be all peaches and cream and Amore and unconditional, unwavering support of Elena’s decision. Elena is no longer Elena.
- The first episode is a lot of people feeling a lot of guilt, a lot of torment and Elena having to manage all of that in the midst of realizing she has a big decision to make. Obviously Stefan knew he was going to come right back for Elena, but she ran out of time. That is a decision that’s going to haunt him and infuriate Damon, but probably lead Elena to explain even più to Stefan why she chose him because of that.
- She’s made her decision and she believes in that decision wholeheartedly based on who she is in her life and what she knows.
- What we’ve detto all anno is that this is the choice for who she is at this moment in her life, and what she wants out of her life, and who she wants to have in her life in a romantic way. Though she has obviously grown to Amore Damon, and probably be in Amore with Damon, over the course of three seasons, what she detto was 100 percent true: Even at its worst, she never fell out of Amore with Stefan, and te just can’t let somebody like that go.
- But she’s committed to Stefan. She loves Stefan. We’ll get to actually see them be together for a little while.
- He does not know that she picked him. I like to think that that moment when he’s crying over her body, he’s crying over the loss of her human life and that now she’s going to be the thing that she never wanted.”