Scrivere Covers for hire [request]

axemnas posted on Jun 28, 2011 at 02:42AM
Covers for higher is also known as cover me up! it is a sort of challenge were any writers can post a request for a cover design for their novel. Then any other member can post to claim the design request and make it. Once made it can be posted up in the Covers for hire product thread. It’s a win-win for everybody: anybody that posts a request will be guaranteed a cover for their work and graphic makers can practice their skills.

How to request a cover

To request a cover simply fill in this form:

Username:
Title of novel:
Your name or pseudo name, penname (only if you would like this on the cover):
Any other text?:
A short description of your novel’s themes/plot/character (depending on what you would wish the cover to focus on):
Any images that you would like to be on the cover (not necessary):
Any other details?:

Then just sit tight and wait for your cover to made. I or the designer will send you a message to notify you of when your cover is in the Covers for hire product thread.

How to claim a cover to design

Again, you just need to fill in a form. It doesn't matter whether you’re an experienced graphic maker, or just making your first graphic- everybody is welcome to make the covers. Please look at the list below to see which covers have yet to be claimed.

Username of cover requester:
Estimation of time to make cover:

Then all you need to do is make the cover and post it up in the Covers for hire product thread. Please only claim one cover at a time. Also, please post the request before you make the cover just to prevent multiple covers being made. Once you have posted one cover, you can then claim another.

If you're struggling with the size of the cover, I recommend 500x700.

Can I request a cover and claim a cover?
Of course! The more participants the better. Whether it’s requesting covers to be made or making the cover itself.

What happens if my cover doesn’t get claimed?
If your cover does not get claimed within two-six weeks of you posting your request I will make you a cover myself. But I doubt this will happen.

Sorry, I claimed a cover but I don’t think I have time to make it!
That’s okay, if you just let me know through this thread or a message then I’ll place the request back on the list. Don’t be afraid to say if you have any trouble due to time constraints.

I have several stories and novels can i request multiple covers?
Lets take it one at a time at the moment but since the spot is active all year round you may post multiple requests but at least from now to August lets start with one per member or one new request every other week just to assure things work out

Most of above i pretty much quoted so yeah just the templates are the most important to follow

Character;s are also can be requested
the template is basically

Username:
Character Name:
Short physical description:
personality:(if relevant)
Other details:

the way to claim is still basically the same

Character requester:
time estimate:

Have fun lets hope this works out for us all like it does on JulNo

Now i think something like a promo banner for someones blog,signature or where ever you'd want to post it can be requested.as well as avatars

-promo banner:

Username:
Title of novel:
Your name or pseudo name, penname (only if you would like this on the banner):
Any other text?:
A short description of your novel’s themes/plot/character (depending on what you would wish the banner to focus on):
Any images that you would like to be on the banner (not necessary):
Any other details?:

Username:
short description:
text:
Any images:
any other details:

claiming is the same way

Username:
time estimate:
 Covers for higher is also known as cover me up! it is a sort of challenge were any writers can post a
last edited on Jun 29, 2011 at 01:01AM

Scrivere 4 risposte

Click here to write a response...
più di un anno fa pink-bookworm said…
How exactly do you make covers
più di un anno fa axemnas said…
Using programs like. Gimp,corel draw and photo shop is the most common way to design covers by either making your own images or combining different ones, with me sometimes I sketch it out then scan it to my computer and using either Corel or gimp I do the actual color work. Gimp is free Corel is still useable after trial but is a pain to save and I haven't used photo shop long enough to know much about it

i have a few i've designed on the thread graphics
link

if you like i could post screen caps for how i go about it with something like corel Draw

You can also just draw it out if you like any medium is aloud
last edited più di un anno fa
 Using programs like. Gimp,corel draw and foto negozio is the most common way to design covers da eithe
più di un anno fa pink-bookworm said…
Username: pink-bookworm
Character name: shailee
Description: brown curly hair, hazel eyes
Other: kinda tan, average height and wears jeans and shirt.
più di un anno fa axemnas said…
Username:pink-bookworm
time estimate:done