Scrivere Twilight

saraplain posted on Nov 16, 2008 at 03:44AM
do you like ,it hate it, express you feelings here[please no judgeing]

Scrivere 38 risposte

Click here to write a response...
più di un anno fa harold said…
I've only read the first book. It is very craftily written. By that, I mean that it is clearly and intentionally written to appeal to a particular demographic, and all concerns of plotting, character motivation or other story elements are a lesser priority. But it is very well crafted for that audience - reading it I was delighted at the clear choices that she made to appeal to them.
più di un anno fa martemora15 said…
read all of the books, and i LOVE them! it's so sad there are no more books:,(
più di un anno fa jennyrules1504 said…
I have read all of them they rule, there is a new book coming out Midnight Sun can't wait. The movie i haven't seen but i will see it.
più di un anno fa thevampiregirl said…
read them all.
loved them all.

im an obcessive fangirl (Y)
lmao
più di un anno fa martemora15 said…
agree with thevampiregirl, OBSESSED...(edward!)
più di un anno fa mrsblack_1089 said…
OMG Twilight is the BEST!!! My favorite book is by far Eclipse. They need to add a new word to the dictionary, like TWIHARDS or TWILIGHTERS def. Approx 2million teens who act crazy at the mention of Twilight. Or something like that. But I'm seriously thinking of submitting it to a dictionary somewhere. I mean, we use Twilight ALMOST as much as the words 'and' or 'the'!!!!

TOTALLY OBSESSED WITH MY PERSONAL SUN/SPACEHEATER JACOB BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!
più di un anno fa Dearheart said…
What are my thoughts on it?

Hehe. *evil grin*

This article voiced my each and every thought on the series. Whether you be Twilight hater or lover...if you have a good sense of humor, you should be able to enjoy this. Heck, it may even open your eyes to a few things. ;-)

link
last edited più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa LauraaCullenn said…
big smile
Everyone has their own opinion, in my opinion I LOVE IT!! Team Jacward! :D Although, know offence I dislike Bella. Only because she kinda used JAcob until Edward came back :( But I love Edward too! :D
più di un anno fa huddysmacked said…
I think teenagers are lost if they keep reading this stuff
I'm one but really I read a lot so to me Stephanie Meyer is one of the worst writers on earth.
I hate that my classmates are always speaking over twilight and when you ask the why did they like it They all answer "Because of Edward"
I'm tired of hearing this is a good book because it isn't is a good story. The love story between Bella and Edward is cute but comm'n saying all the time "he's perfect and I'm not good for him but he's still perfect Oh my I love him soooo much and I don't love myself but I love him".
Like teenagers that like this is because a)they don't read at ALL or b) They are DESPERATE to find through love.
I'm not against the fans but if you ask for my opinion you have it. And I'm sorry if I offended anyone but I'm tired that literature is taken as a twilight itself and trust me when you have to hear people talk about it 24/7 it can get pretty nasty
Also why does the guy has to be perfect???? This just proves that people is really superficial. Love shouldn´t be based on beauty or perfection or overprotection It should be based in feelings but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Stephanie Meyer should win a Nobel prize in Literature. Really if you want to read good books read Book thief or Notre Dame de Paris or The perfume.
Twilight is a nice stry but it's overated and it really hurts to see that people is so blinded by it.
più di un anno fa twilightbandlol said…
big smile
twilight wuz awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!! And huddysmacked, i am blinded by it. soooo????
It's your problem. I just gave my opinion, I'm glad that you liked twilight! AGAIN I'm not against twilight.
più di un anno fa Ovybo said…
Huddysmacked. Seriously. You don't need to lie that you don't like Twilight. GET OVER YOURSELF. I'm a teenager who read Twilight, the whole series and loved it. I read ALOT and I am not desprate to find love. I'm not blinded by it, I just think it rocks. And YOUR overated. I think you are trying to offend Twilight fans just to stand out and be different. Here's a little secret:

IT'S NOT WORKING.

Dipwad
surprise
lol funny Ovybo. Yes, Ovybo, I totally agree. lol. P.S I actually did laugh out loud!!! :D Now, Ovybo, calm down, lol.

I dont want to be mean Huddysmacked, but she is right. P.S: I love to watch "House" its soooooo kewl. :D

PLUS, ITS NOT "My problem" CUZ LOVING A SERIES IS NOT A PROBLEM, OKAY??????????????????????????????????????
Oh! I'm sorry I don't need to like it and I'm not trying to outstand I just said what I thought and really I don't like it. So I'm sorry if I offended you but really that was NEVER my intention. And I don't want to argue anymore because I'm really not an arguer. You asked my opinion and I gave one, that you like it or not is not my trouble. Reallyt peace and chill not all the world has to like Twilight, trust me I respect the fans 'cause I have two bff that love the books as much as you do but I just don't. My bad although I watched the movie and thought Carlisle was HOT. But that's pretty much what I like about Twilight. So sorry again. Peace&Love between Twilighters and me.

And twilightbandlol.I know I love sooo much House.
lol seriously, i agree with you in THAT way; I dont want to argue. So maybe we could stop arguing, and be Fanpop friends and talk about "House." Cuz House is so totally awesome!!!!!!!! I ♥ House! Love your pix!!!!!!
più di un anno fa pixie09 said…
big smile
LOL OMG Dearheart !!!!!!!! that was the most hilarious thing i have ever ever EVER READ !!!!! LOOOOL "sparkling toenails .... "LOL .. anyways .. yea i love twilight, but that thing was HILARIOUS @@@#$###$%$$^#$#$ .. oh .. if u dont have a sense of humour and are a hardcore fan-girl .. dont read it ...

but yea getting to the point .. i think that twilight was just a really good book which a lot of people (not everyone) was able to love .. and yea thats my oppinion ...
big smile
yeah i agree with you pixie. I read that thing and i was mad at it cuz i LOVE twilight but couldnt stop laughing. sooooooo yeah itz funny but it insults the book so im mad too. :) ): Lol, welllllllll yeah twilight rocks. Sorry but you ppl hav 2 deal with that Fact. ;)
Haha, I'm glad you guys were able to appreciate that parody. :D

*cough* Twilight rocks? Fact?? That's highly debatable... :P

To be honest, Twilight scares me for a variety of reasons.

Reason #1 - Quite frankly, Stephanie Meyer's gushy prose and gawdawful sentence structure in general is...well, painful. It's an embarrassment to all writers out there...and yet people are saying she's "the best writr EVA" and worshiping the ground she walks on because of Twilight. I don't get it. At all.

Reason #2 - So many teenage girl are getting sucked into these books...but what are they learning from them? How will Twilight affect the way they see True Love or real-life relationships? They all go ga-ga over Edward, who is supposedly every girl's dream...yet they fail to realize just how unrealistic and un-perfect he is. He's overly obsessive, overly protective, border-line abusive, more emotionally unstable than a pregnant woman...he practically stalks Bella...I mean REALLY! Common sense, anyone? Is Twilight killing brain cells or something? I'd choose a nice Average Joe over a creepy, sparkly, stalker vampire any day.

Reason #3 - The fans are taking the meaning of the word "zealous" to a whole new level. Is Twilight a fandom or a cult?? Seriously! You never hear of people being attacked for not liking Harry Potter or LotR, for crying out loud...and yet there are Twi-hards out there who've committed felonies against people who don't like Twilight.

Don't believe me?

link

I'm not saying every single fan is like that, and I'm not saying that Twilight is evil and no one should be allowed to love it or anything, but still...it tells me something.

Oy, I don't like it. Not one bit.

EDIT: Arrgh, the link won't go where I want it to go...okay, well if it doesn't take you to the topic, just scroll down and click on the thread that says The Twihard Attack Directory.
big smile
LOL.. this is funny in a twisted disturbing kind of way !! .. i love twilight, i just love the story, idk call me a gushy teen girl if you want, its probably true .. but i definatly see your point, i wouldnt want an edward, for one coz its my bros name and that is just wierd.. but i dont think i could handle anyone that possesive .. so yea .. i just think that people that hate people that hate twilight is stupid. i hate capsicum, dont hate on me homies D: Lol .. but i see what you mean :p
Nah, I wouldn't call you a gushy teen girl, lol. You like Twilight, and that's okay. People can love or hate whatever they want. And while there are a lot of overly obsessed Twi-hards out there, the same could be said of overly obsessed Twi-haters. In my book, you should never say you hate something unless you have good reasons behind it.
smile
lol, nicely said :p
più di un anno fa S0ulsUnit3d said…
Wow Dearheart and HuddySmacked you guys completely know my thoughts on twilight!
Hey ma home girl pixie you're a twilighter and I still love you for that especially coz you like Linkin Park too!

Hey, you don't like capsicum? *points a gun at your head* Run girl, you better RUN!!

Hey Ovybo I love your shoe but you can appear a little Ro0de. Or a lotta Ro0de. We twi-dislikers are as worthy as twi-dislikers. I kinda like twilight coz i have a very tiny weak spot for addictive trash but the rest of me overcomes that spot. SO YAY

EDIT: I mean twi-likers LOLLAZ
più di un anno fa Quiztzhadrch said…
When we begin to confuse genuine literature with marketing stunts for "target demographics", the young and uneducated exchange critical thinking and subtlety for flash fads and vulgar thrills. For the good of our society I hope that I'm wrong... but I don't think I'm JudgeING without grounds.
più di un anno fa r-pattz said…
youre too confusing, quiz.

twilights good, but i dont get the obsession and all the insane teenage girls. its almost annoying now, with all these new fans and the sudden popularity jump
più di un anno fa Quiztzhadrch said…
r-patzz; Maybe I shoulda used txt to be bttr undrstd..?... I'll just cry in my beer quietly.
kiss
lol SOulsUnit3d (btw your name is annoying to type :P) i is runnin, dont u worry :p but i is only running so i can get to the ninja turtles and parry your bullets with me awesome numchucks :p

and just saying AGAIN i LOVE twilight :D .. i is totally a "twi-liker"
più di un anno fa ktvampire said…
angelic
Twilight OMG it is the best movie/ book EVER:D duh!
 Twilight OMG it is the best movie/ book EVER:D duh!
laugh
who ever said anything bout harry here ??
più di un anno fa Lunaste said…
OMG IT IS SO GOOD THE PROSE IS AMAZING AND RENESMEE IS THE CUTEST GIRL EVER AND BELLA IS SO NOT A MARY SUE AND I WANT AN EDWARD FOR MYSELF. MY IDEAL GUY IS SOMEONE WHO IS STONE COLD AND FEELS LIKE A ROCK WHEN I TOUCH HIM AND STALKS ME AND WATCHES ME SLEEP WITHOUT MY CONSENT AND KEEPS ME FROM SEEING MY FRIENDS.

Um. So yeah.
I did read the books, but it was more out of a horrified fascination, sort of like 'oh my god, what kind of vile plotvomit can she come up with next to shock us all'.
I enjoy hating on the books, the anti-fans are really lulzy people. But the books are crap, the prose is worse than an amateur 13 yo writer attempting her first purple prose romance novel, it lacks any kind of plot or conflict and the characters simply aren't likable, they're cardboard cut-outs, so people can colour in their own Edward to ignore that he has no kind of personality outside of STALKY MCSTALKERSON. Don't even get me started on those lame, pansy-ass vampires.
più di un anno fa S0ulsUnit3d said…
LUNASTE you are sooo hilarious and correct! I almost believed your first paragraph since that is what people think.
più di un anno fa gossipgirlxoxo said…
wink
i love Twilight! But after everyone started talking and the only way i could escape it is well I couldn't, so I stoped being so in love about it I still do love it. But one of the things that annoys me if when people think that Teenage girls are getting too crazy over twilight...whoever says that is an idiot who is stereotyping.
più di un anno fa Night-Sky said…
I did like it. Once.
Now, It seems like its just a plagerised, badly written...thing.

I cannot remember where I saw it (Encyclopedia dramatica, maybe?) but someone said it was like a 12 year olds bad fanfiction of Anne Rice with a blatant self-insert Mary-Sue as the main character. :p I found that quite funny. :D

I don't like it anymore. I will probably go and see the movies, just to see what they are like, but...yeah. I really don't like it anymore.
più di un anno fa 18wanda said…
Twilight stinks, and is a disgrace to bookshelves everywhere. Stephanie Meyer drags out a 200 page story over 500 pages. Twilight just sucks in every way, and so did the movie.
più di un anno fa Free_Spirit said…
hate is a very strong word so i shal say i strongly dislie Twilight. I used to love twiiight. I used to love reading the story but i came on here and fanpop changed my opinion thankgod. I will probably go to the movie but never again shall i read it

First of all it is badly written. There is no thought provoktion, she doesn't make you question what you believe.

Second it can give a bad message. Bella isn't a great role model in my opinion (Notice i say my) she clings to edward with such idiocy and seems to always forgive him just because he's beautiful and when she looks into his eyes. She's constantly degrading herself saying she is too ordinary. Also she dumps all of her friends for her boyfriend. She barely keeps in touch with anyone else except Jacob black, angela webber whom she only met once out of school. Bella lacks a strong will. In the draft of midnight sun, edward says that she is but she isn't she does everything for anyone else.

thirdly, it so cliche. Starts out happy bella gets in trouble and edward comes and saves the day. That is the story line for everything.

fourthly it is not a love story it is more of a creepy stalker storyy whom the chick happens to love. I find Edward very possesvie. He is controlling annoying and selfhating. Also edward is supposd to be dea. How the hell did he make a child then.

fithly the fans are too passionate. They worship a non-existent thing. And now all of a sudden people believe that vampires exist. The fans worship edward cullen but he doesn't exist. I have met some who only like him cause he's attractive.

And fithly i am getting so annoyed at finding 40 different vampire novels on the shelf.

six and last point the Cullens are not vegetarians lol. BEing a avegetarian is going without meat but they eat meat. sorry i ha to add that one in and my little essay is over

più di un anno fa TaintedDreamz said…
I’m not a literary reviewer, so I don’t have fancy words to describe an author’s writing style. To me, Stephenie Meyer writes clearly and simply; she has a fantastic story to tell, and she tells it to you straight. She doesn’t spend too much time describing every detail of every scene—every dew drop and every cricket chirp and every crack in the ceiling.

Instead, she writes much more about the emotional aspect of her characters. Bella experiences a multitude of tumultuous feelings, and Meyer does a fine job letting us experience these with her. Meyer is also really good at describing her character’s emotions by their facial expressions and body language. The narrowing of one’s eyes, or the curl of a lip, or the stiffening of shoulders—she gives descriptions of a character’s physicality that relay their mental state.

Since these books are written for the Young Adult market, Meyer has been limited to writing for that particular genre, and this has been somewhat excruciating for adult readers. Case in point? “Breaking Dawn,” Chapter 5. Isle Esme, page 85. We wait through three books for Bella and Edward to uhh, go past first base. He’s nekkid and waist-deep in the water, Bella gets nekkid and walks in, too. Then…it’s the next morning—where’s that missing ten pages of hawt vampire lovin’? Talk about getting denied.
più di un anno fa 1-2vampire said…
meh
i think loooods of grls ((and boys in my experience xD)) are getting waaaaaay too hyped up on Twilight. I used to be one of those girls, though, and re-read the books and I dont even noe why i liked them. Half the stuff is all about how perfect Edward is, its sickening. I mean can this reaaaaalllllly happen?
"he leaned in slowly; the beeping noise accelerated wildly before his lips even touched me. But when they did, though with the most gentle pressure, the beeping stopped altogether. He pulled back abruptly, his anxious expression turning to relief as the monitor reported the restarting of my heart."

I mean, come on its just a fit guy kissing you!!! wen i red it agen i was like, blimey why did i ever see in this?
in my oppinion, twilight = a bunch of pretty sparkling emos :)
più di un anno fa OneFoggyNight said…
hmmm
I, personaly, didn't LOVE Twilight, but I liked it. It was definatly writen for teenaged girls, and not in a good way. But I would have liked the story line better if it weren't so overly dramatic at things. But overall, a good, light-hearted read (if you look at it the way I do). And I do agree with 18wanda to an extent. It shouldn't have been as long as it was. There simply wasn't enough going on in the story line until the end to deserve to take up as much room as it did. Sometimes less detail is more detail and shorter is longer. (Metaphoricly, of course) I also agree with 1-2vampire as well: Too many people are all "OMG TWILIGHT!" and that makes the book's overall appearence look worse, in my oppinion. (Like the Jonas Brothers) I certainly would not recomend Twilight to anyone except for a handful of people I know, but I wouldn't go against it strongly, either.
più di un anno fa AnnabethKatara said…
I'm going to keep this simple.

Hate it.