Scrivere Fun with drabbles! All writers welcome!!

Dearheart posted on May 15, 2011 at 02:40AM
Hello thar, writers! Dearheart here! *waves*

I was on another website, and someone shared this really fun writing exercise:

-Take your iPod/mp3 player/itunes/what have you, and put it on shuffle.
-For the songs that come up, write a drabble. Let the music inspire you. Don't think about it too much, and don't edit. This is just to get you writing.
-Write for the duration of the song: No more, No less.
-Post your drabbles! Be sure to include which songs you wrote each one to.

So I cued up one of my online playlists and tried my hand at it (I'm warning you, it's REALLY ADDICTING), and it was a lot of fun, and I thought my fellow fanpop writers would have fun with it too! =D

Anything goes for this...prose, poetry, original work, fanfiction, anything! Whatever gets your creative juices flowing! Also, it's not like you'll be DQ'd if you bend the "rules" a little bit. If you want to keep going even after the song is over, or go back and proofread or whatever, that's fine. The main goal is just to get you writing, that's all. I just recommend you follow them if you're uninspired, or if you want to be challenged a little bit. (Or both.)

Writers of all levels and ages are welcome!! The only rule I'd love everyone to stick to is this - keep everything PG-13 or under! (Including the songs!)

I'll start us off! Here are my first three attempts, all of them fanfic-related (the fandom is Fullmetal Alchemist, if you're curious), complete with YouTube links! I might post some more if anyone else takes a liking to this and joins in. ('Cause it's boring when it's just you all by yourself!) Feedback is awesome and encouraged, but remember to be gentle! These drabble things are kind of supposed to be rough, you know? =P

---
link

Swallowing back grief, Al pushes open the door and sees the shadow of what once was his brother, sitting slumped on the floor in a sea of books and alchemic formulas and half-completed (half-hoped) human transmutation circles - maps charted to nowhere to find the missing piece of them that can no longer be found.

"Ed?" He calls his name softly, steps into the study and drops to his knees in front him, silently begging his big brother to look up, to come back him, to remember how to walk.

"I never told her," says Edward, in a voice as empty as his eyes. "She waited, and waited, but I never told her and she...she never knew, and now she's gone and it's...too late to say it." A sudden, unexpected wave of pain crashes through the numbness and he chokes on tears that won't come. "She never knew I loved her."

"Brother, it's alright." Alphonse blinks back his own tears and reaches out to squeeze Ed's shoulder in fervent reassurance. "She did know. She did, I promise."

"How do you know?" Edward lifts his head at last. Their eyes meet, and Al manages a small smile.

"Because I told her."

link

Ed wakes up from a long, deeply satisfying nap and hears his brother and Winry snickering from the seat across from him. The train screeches to a noisy halt and he winces. "Didn't need that eardrum, anyway," he grumbles, stifling a yawn and sitting up to stretch his arms.

The snickering increases.

"What?" he demands, shooting a suspicious glare at them. Alphonse hastily hides something behind his back. Winry just points and giggles even harder. Confused and miffed, Edward turns to look out the window - and sees his own face staring back at him from the glass, covered in big, black, scrawling doodles. The offending marker drops to the floor as Al and Winry collapse against each other in howling laughter, immensely pleased with themselves.

Until Edward picks it up, grinning devilishly, and pulls the cap off with a sinister pop.

"Al?" Winry whispers, inching out of her seat. "Do you think we should run now?"

link

I wish you were here. Edward signs his name at the bottom, carefully folds the letter and slips it in an envelope, along with a picture of him soaked in seawater and grinning broadly next to his latest adventure: a great white shark, three times his size, hanging high and ready for the upcoming feast. He addresses the back of the envelope slowly, as if to savor the destination he's sending it to; then leans back in his chair with a sigh and gazes out at the starry night, and wonders if she's looking up at it too.

A week later, Winry runs to the mailbox as if her life depends on it, yanks it open and fumbles with the contents inside, blue eyes scanning them all over for the one name she yearns to see. A tiny laugh of delight escapes her lips when she finds it; and she hugs the envelope to her chest, just for a moment, before she tears it open to drink in what's inside.

---

Okay, guys! Now it's YOUR turn! Don't leave me hanging!
 Hello thar, writers! Dearheart here! *waves* I was on another website, and someone shared this reall
last edited on May 15, 2011 at 02:51AM

Scrivere 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
più di un anno fa axemnas said…
hows this:

Johnny B.Goode-Chuck Berry
A boy runs down a passage way he is being chased he slides down a hallway putting his back to the wall he prays he's not found all the men chasing him run past the passsage. He then bolts and tries to get out he finds a door in the ceilling and climbs out he finds himself at an old railroad station he runs through it careful not to be caught he just barely hitches a ride on one of the steam injines getting ready to shub off.

Final countdown-Europe
In darkness at rythemic moments lights in spirals of different show up suddenly light begins to come it is a sunrise. A shadow of a creature is crouched down as the light comes he lifts his head and the light reveals his face. He stands the shadows to his back. he jumps airr russhes past him he gains speed and suddenly before the point where he would go splat he unfirls some white angelic wings. He flys over the land scape at a tramendous speed.
From afar a sniper aims at him thd sshot tis fired and the boy starts to plumitt it must of hit his wings there appears to be no stopping him from hitting the ground. When he hits the ground a cloud of smoke rises up. A man approaches the crader and leans over and grins. When it is revealed the crater is empty out of the shadows the boy appears and tackles him to the ground.