Le Cronache del ghiaccio e del fuoco What to read next?????

Blackfish posted on May 14, 2012 at 09:28PM
Like an addict running out of drugs, I've just finished book 5, and now I'm wondering what I read? Any recommendations? Besides this series, I really enjoyed Robin Hobbs Farseer series (Assasins Apprentice). Any recomendations that might get me through would be appreciated...

Le Cronache del ghiaccio e del fuoco 3 risposte

Click here to write a response...
più di un anno fa Kaleese619 said…
blush
The books are not new by far, they have been out forever but I really, really enjoyed them. It's the Dark Tower(The Gunslinger series) by Stephen King and it starts with a book called Wizards and Glass. You may have read them but if not I believe you will like them. These are more along the fantasy world like Westros, The Others and all that rather than rhe super creepy stuff King generally does. Check em out.
più di un anno fa D_J267 said…
^ The Dark Tower series is fantastic, Stephen King is my favourite author.

If your looking for Fantasy series here's a few of my favourites, nobody I know actually likes any of them so you might not either, but I take any chance I can to plug them.

The Riftwar Saga by Raymond E Feist

The first book is called Magician and it follows the story of Pug, an orphan boy is apprenticed to a master magician. His kingdom Crydee is invaded by people from an alternate universe Pug and his friend Thomas are dragged into the war, and Pug's destiny leads to him being dragged through a rift to a new world.

The Belgariad and The Mallorean by David Eddings

These are two series telling the story of Garion who's an orphan being raised by his aunt Polgara, the story is of his journey to fulfill an ancient prophecy, joining him on his journey are his aunt, grandfather Belgarath and a smith Durnik. Eddings isn't for everyone, while his stories do have their serious moments there are a lot of funny times too, which puts a lot of people off.

The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

I'm not going to describe the series here because it would take too long as next year will see the release of the 14th novel in the series, Jordan died in 2007 so the series is being finished by a ghost writer Brandon Sanderson, and I think he's doing a great job of finishing Jordans saga.

Of all the series I've read this one reminds me the most of George's work, like George Robert can be a little long winded in his descriptions and like the first time I read GOT I had to force myself to finish the first book but I'm glad I did.

The Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind

These are the books on which the TV series Legend Of The Seeker were based.

There are so many more, but I'm going to stop now before I bore you.
più di un anno fa Blackfish said…
Thanks for the referrals, I read the Dark Tower books, a big fan of Stephen King.
I'll check these out.