Blair & Chuck Chuck doesn't seem to do well in fanfics...

flysong52 posted on Jan 31, 2009 at 05:50AM
In my boredom waiting for a new episode to come out, I've been reading a lot of fanfics, and have been sorely disappointed at the way people have manipulated Chuck and Blair's characters. Blair would never gush to anyone but Serena about Chuck. Chuck wouldn't say really romantic things: that's the whole point! They appreciate each other's oddities and inabilities to contend with a normal relationship, and that's why they work so well together. Chuck has his own smooth ways, and is certainly more romantic with Blair, but in much more subtle ways than the Knight in Shining armor chivalry. Maybe I'm wrong, but it infuriates me (and admittedly, makes me laugh at the clear awkwardness that comes out of bad writing).

Blair & Chuck 4 risposte

Click here to write a response...
più di un anno fa GGirl_CB4BW said…
big smile
lol. i get what you mean. ive written Chair fan fic and i try to stick with the characters personalities but with Chuck its hard because, deep down i am dying to see the soft romantic and committed side to him when he is with Blair on the show, but obviously that will never happen, so when i write fan fic i make sure that i do let readers have a taste of that romantic side...!

I hope you take the time to read my fan fic and see what you think. its called Chair Tales and its not written like a story like most fan fic. ive written a 14 episode script in an attempt to keep true to the Gossip Girl show and the characters and personalities we see on the TV.
I think that the problem you talk about occurs when fan fic is written like a story because writers put a lot of descriptive writing in it that's why i choose the script format! Read my fan fic and let me know what you think about the way i've portrayed the characters and particularly Chuck!
più di un anno fa flysong52 said…
That's the point, though, isn't it? That Chuck does have a soft and committed side that he devotes to Blair, but he's Chuck, so it's never as blatant as anyone else's, which is why she's attracted to him. He's different with her than he is with anyone else, but he's still himself, if not more so, because he doesn't have to hide from her, whether her consiously acknowledges it or not.
più di un anno fa gossipgirl95 said…
hmmm
Well,They Are Fanficions.
You Can Make Stuff Up,Right?
più di un anno fa flysong52 said…
Of course you can. And I'm sure there are people who enjoy reading the story, imagining Leighten Meester and Ed Westwick acting out whatever is described. But you can do that with any story; just change the names. I personally enjoy the characters' struggle, their conflict, and that is lost in fanfics where everything is perfect and lovey-dovey.

I should add, however, that I haven't even attempted such a thing, because I don't think I could do it justice.