Within each Pisces, there lies a resolute optimism, a nearly psychic intuition and a fertile imagination that allows her to appreciate the mysteries of life.
Brilliant, brave and beautiful
Sometimes I wish I can be a Brooke Davis. There are so many things to admire and respect about her. I remember that before I ever watched OTH, I was flipping the channels and stumbled upon Season 2 where Sophia cespuglio, bush (I've always thought she was very pretty), was talking to a good-looking Hispanic guy while washing his car. She was flirting with him and I was instantly drawn to her smile. She was the very reason I bought a DVD of seasons 1 to 3 just to watch her in action. Gradually, I leaned più on Peyton's character and consider Brooke as a second-favorite all throughout; but even with that, I could never deny that she has to be the most compelling character in the Core 5 when it comes to transition and evolution of character. Everytime I re-watch the 5 seasons, I just can't believe how far she had gone, and finally in s6, with that impressive storyline with her mom, Sam and Julian, I was now truly convinced that she is indeed one-in-a-million.
Peyton has her art, her music, her happy-ending with Lucas...Haley has always been the multi-tasker (amazing friend, mother, rock star, teacher), but where does that leave Brooke Davis? Well, for one thing she's not the superficial, "brainless slut" as some haters/critics of hers proclaim. If most of them would just take time and really, really
watch the way her character blossomed ever since the last episodes of s1 towards s2 and s3, then they'll see just how, in the immortal words of Lucas Scott: brilliant, Ribelle - The Brave and beautiful
she is and will always be.
This articolo will explore B. Davis and her relation to her stella, star sign, Pisces--because there are many interesting characteristics of her zodiac that describe her.
(1) Pisceans possess a gentle, patient, malleable nature. They have many generous qualities and are friendly, good natured, kind and compassionate, sensitive to the feelings of those around them, and respond with the utmost sympathy and tact to any suffering they encounter.
*Brooke is forgiving when she sees that the person deserves her forgiveness (Peyton, even though it took her a long time and she had to get even first; understandably so because she was only recitazione out of hurt) and does not judge someone just because they've made mistakes (she and Lucas were the only ones who did not condemn Haley's choice in season 2 of pursuing her Musica career). She stands da people who are being belittled da others and treated wrongly (many times with Mouth and also with Rachel). The only time she was ever vindictive was with the Lucas-Peyton drama but when she realized what she had done (making fun of Peyton's mom dying), she sacrificed what she felt for Lucas and gives up on him for the sake of her friendship with Peyton.
(2) They are deservedly popolare with all kinds of people, partly because their easygoing, affectionate, submissive natures offer no threat o challenge to stronger and più exuberant characters.
*The reason why many people hate Brooke is because of her "party-girl" and "cheerleader" stereotype. She outgrew this skin, however, most especially when she becomes Student Council President and becomes honest with her feelings for Lucas. She is always cool, cheerful and sexy...and people find these qualities either comfortable o annoying...but I believe that ever since Brooke let her guard down in s1 ("Girls just want someone to want them back"
) she shows that she is più than just a pretty face in a nameless crowd. She is the way she is because she's trying to keep things together and it worked well until it was time to let herself cry once in a while.
(3) They accept the people around them and the circumstances in which they find themselves rather than trying to adapt them to suit themselves, and they patiently wait for problems to sort themselves out rather than take the initiative in solving them. They are più readily concerned with the problems of others than with their own.
*In season 2, after getting her cuore broken, she decided to take the easy way out and have sex with no strings attached with Felix. She's still in denial about her family getting bankrupt. But amazingly, she decides to do something productive and fight back. In s5, she lets her mother dominate her own company and choices of friends, romantic partners, etc. but when Brooke finally lets her have it, she stands da that decision and strives to prove herself as independent. It takes her a long time to get angry and stand up for herself, but when she does, it's always in the right moment.
(4) They are never egotistical in their personal relationships and give più than they ask from their friends.
*Again, with the way she still remained Friends with Peyton; the way she never stopped believing Victoria her mom will accept her for who she is, the way she let go of Lucas even though she still had feelings for him, the way she let people think she was pregnant and not Haley, her Amore and concern for Jamie, Mouth and Millicent and Rachel, and many more. Her objectives are never selfish and questionable and she doesn't have ulterior motives when she makes compromises with people. She always means it when she's sorry o when she had forgiven them. Even though she was taken advantage of, she realized at last that there's a time to fight back and she does just that. She longs to be appreciated in the same manner she appreciates her Friends and romantic partners.
(5) Humor is one of their secret weapons. Pisceans grin to cover unshed tears.
*In season 1, with Mouth in the limo, where she teaches him to have fun and jokes about finding someone to be with and that they need to be three different people at the same time; in the end she confesses that she's just pretending to be happy most of the time and she just needs someone to want her back too and be there for her. Brooke is known to be always cheerful and comical and it works best especially when everyone's so busy being melodramatic...but when it's her time to be serious and vulnerable, it makes her character più compelling and graceful.
(6) There are Pisces people who are crusty and brusque, but it's only a fragile shell, worn for protection. The pesce soon learns how vulnerable she is. The world is not yet tuned to the sensitive Piscean wavelength, so to avoid ridicule, she sometimes feigns indifference.
*Remember in s1 when Peyton asks her if she ever looks past high school and popularity and she dismisses it with "I'll just marry a rich guy..unless I get fat"? After that, we can see that she was never that shallow, that the reason she doesn't talk about serious stuff like that is because she was afraid of discovering her feelings way deeper than she can handle. But da s2, self-introspection became her thing and she started to talk about how she is as a person, that she never kept a journal and wrote about her life because she would rather live a life worth remembering even if she doesn't have to write it down.
(7) In the winter she wears fluffy angora mittens. In the Spring she wears dainty, full skirts. Summers will find her in a brief bikini. In the fall she'll look adorable sitting beside te at football games, with her hands in your pockets to keep them warm, and asking te the score. She is eternally feminine in all seasons. At the risk of making an understatement, men are drawn to her like bumblebees to a honey pot
*Brooke Davis is a very charming, beautiful girl and what Lucas loved about her most is how easy she can make him laugh, how to have fun...this may make her seem like a less-complicated girl, but it's actually very good for Luke too. She's the perfect cheery to his broody.
Now this paragraph best describes the way Brooke Davis was in s5 and s6:
(8) Like the March winds, your Pisces girl will have many a mood. She's terribly sentimental, and when her feelings are wounded she can cry buckets. She'll look at te so reproachfully you'll feel as if you'd just shot a small rabbit. Pisces females sometimes get the idea they're hopelessly unequipped for the fierce battles and driving ambition required to survive. Then deep depression sets in. At these times you'll have to tell her she's admired for her deep, mysterious wisdom and her blessed understanding da every single human she has ever graced with her friendship. It's usually the gospel truth. The hardest lesson she has to learn is to overcome her timidity and her doubts. If the fears go deep, she'll shut herself off from others, then wonder why she's lonely. She's often afraid of imposing, pushing too hard, taking advantage, when such thoughts are in no one's head but hers.
*Lucas says she loves how vulnerable she is. Haley and Peyton's lighter, goofier sides are always in the highest mode when they're around Brooke. The greatest gift she's dato to her Friends is the gift of laughter. I think that's what makes her character something to be desired because in a world where everyone likes being emo and "no one understands me," she's the glass half-full, keeping an optimism that affects others around her. True, in s6, she faced her mortality after getting mugged and learning how to defend herself, and this was a big leap for her. She's finally balanced between the best and the worst things experiences have to offer. Julian proves her undeniable pull everytime he's around her: he relaxes and treats her like a princess because he knew he has to, because B. Davis is worth every trouble of getting and keeping.
(9) A Piscean needs to belong to someone più than she needs to sleep, eat o breathe.
The most heartbreaking thing about Brooke Davis. Her "girls just want someone to want them back...at least for me it is"
still gives me the chills. Her desire for true Amore motivates the best qualities in her and she's not ashamed to be vulnerable when time calls for it.
(10) She listens to the ocean, and it tells her things. In the midst of the city, she still hears the waves whispering to her cuore more, perhaps, than she wants to know.
That knack in s5 when she asks Peyton what true happiness means, if it's a successful career, fame, fortune...because she already has them all and she's still not happy. For someone who used to claim she was materialistic and easy-going, Brooke has a lot of inner spirituality to her that needs to be fulfilled. She comes back home to TH because she knew that Friends give her life a purpose. She gives up her own corporate company if it will only serve as a pawn for her mother's wickedness. It hurts her to walk away from her mother but she realized that she's someone she will never be happy with because Victoria has issues of her own and she's holding Brooke back. All the things she thought would make her happy, whenever she realized they're wrong for her, she moves inoltrare, avanti towards things that are better, things that matter.
BROOKE PENELOPE DAVIS ACHIEVES GREATNESS AND UNIVERSALITY BECAUSE SHE SURPRISES US EVERY TIME SHE RISES ABOVE HERSELF AND TOUCH THE LIVES OF THOSE WHO SHE LOVE, PURSUE HER DREAMS AS A SELFLESS, BEAUTIFUL AND INDEPENDENT WOMAN, AND MOST OF ALL, REMAIN HONEST WITH HERSELF AND WHAT SHE FEELS. HER INTUITION AND GENTLE NATURE ARE HER GREATEST ASSETS.
She may be the cheery to everyone's broody!!
*** this articolo is dedicated to sophialover and my best friend, Cheery_Penelope, a big B.Davis fan, and a Pisces too
Brooke Penelope Davis is admirable