film classici Happy Birthday, Bogie ! <3

pizzapi posted on Dec 26, 2009 at 07:44AM
Today I watched The Maltese Falcon to celebrate Humphrey Bogart's birthday (December 25, 1899) and have been watching Bogie movies all month since he's the TCM Star of the Month and they have been playing a lot of movies with him in them this month.

Did you watch any on Christmas? Or are you watching any this month? :)

Here's some of the other ones I watched so far this month (still have some more on the dvr and will be recording more this Wednesday):
- Angels with Dirty Faces (1938)
- The Big Sleep (1946)
- The Roaring Twenties (1939)
- Dead End (1937)
- High Sierra (1941)
- The Oklahoma Kid (1939)
- Dark Victory (1939)
- Brother Orchid (1940)
- Invisible Stripes (1939)
- The Return of Doctor X (1939)
- Knock on Any Door (1949)
- Dead Reckoning (1947)
- Crime School (1941)

I've really been enjoying this month ! :D

(photos from link. click to view large size)
 Today I watched The Maltese falco, falcon to celebrate Humphrey Bogart's birthday (December 25, 1899) and ha
last edited on Dec 26, 2009 at 08:34AM

film classici 3 risposte

Click here to write a response...
più di un anno fa pizzapi said…
sick
"The Return of Doctor X" was an interesting movie because it is an unusual role for him. However I was surprised at how much i liked it and was impressed with how convincing and creepy he was as that character !
 "The Return of Doctor X" was an interesting movie because it is an unusual role for him. However I w
angelic
It was really fun to get to watch all three movies Bogart and Cagney were in together: "Angels with Dirty Faces," "The Roaring Twenties" and "The Oklahoma Kid." All were excellent !
 It was really fun to get to watch all three Film Bogart and Cagney were in together: "Angels with D
mischievous
Speaking of "Angels with Dirty Faces"... A few of the movies I watched had the link in 'em: "Dead End" (their first, hence their name), "Crime School" and "Angels with Dirty Faces." One or two of them even popped up in "Invisible Stripes" as well. They're a pretty fun, wise-cracking gang of youths, who were apparently as much trouble off-screen as on !

Although the Cagney is the main influence on the kids in "Angels with Dirty Faces," Bogart is the one influencing them, first for the bad, as a mobster returning home in "Dead End" as well as for the good, as a kind and decent superintendent in "Crime School."
 Speaking of "Angels with Dirty Faces"... A few of the Film I watched had the [url=http://en.wikiped