Damon & Bonnie Ian/Nina chemistry VS. Ian/Kat chemistry RANT.

ApplePie88 posted on Feb 14, 2011 at 10:33PM
I've come to the conclusion that Delena fans only like Delena because Ian Somerhalder has pretty blue eyes and he has "so-called" chemistry with Nina Dobrev (which they do but it is no where near the chemistry that Ian/Kat have in my opinion). I don't know why everyone keeps saying that Ian has this PHENOMENAL, mind-blowing chemistry with Nina Dobrev because truthfully, I don't see what the big deal is about. To me, it's overrated. I even find that some of their (Ian/Nina) scenes together fall flat. However, with Ian/Kat, the spark is just incredible to watch. As a viewer, there is an excitement when you watch these two in a scene together. THERE IS SPARK. Something that Ian doesn't have in his scenes with Nina. You can tell that Ian/Kat light up when they do scenes together. Any one who says that Ian/Kat don't have chemistry either has their head stuck so far up Delena/Nian's ass or they just don't know or understand what real chemistry/spark looks like. Ian/Kat look like they actually have fun in their scenes together. Whereas, I find that his scenes with Nina kind of deaden Ian's intensity as an actor. And it has nothing to do with the characters, it has to do with the actors and the actors alone. Because even when Ian is doing scenes with Nina as Katherine, I don't know about anyone else but I find that Ian doesn't have an iota of chemistry with Nina as Katherine. I really don't. This is why I have always believed that Paul/Nina have significantly much better chemistry together then Ian/Nina. Paul/Nina's chemistry is diverse; I can always tell the difference between Stefan/Elena and Stefan/Katherine. This is because Paul/Nina as actors play well off each other. They are on-screen compatible. With Ian/Nina, however, their chemistry is either one-dimensional or it falls flat. For such an intense character as Katherine, you would expect Ian (an intense actor) to have loads and loads of spark with Nina as Katherine but personally, as a viewer, I don't and have never seen it. Bottom line is, I indefinitely prefer Ian/Kat's chemistry to Ian/Nina's. Ian and Kat magnetize me when they are onscreen together. They fascinate me. When Ian/Kat are on-screen, I want to watch them, every single interaction. I mean, the chemistry between these two actors is intangible. And it definitely doesn't really have anything to do with the fact that it is Damon/Bonnie, maybe only apart of it. It is 100% the actors. Two actors either have spark or they don't, no matter what character they are portraying. Also, I notice that when Ian does scenes with Kat, his eyes don't go all buggy or intense like they normally do, which is a huge positive. Instead, he substitutes the bulging eyes for having eye-sex with Kat. ;) When Ian does scenes with Nina, however, his eyes become really distracting and it takes me out of a scene. I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this but I have always taken note of this. Ian/Kat's chemistry onscreen is way more intriguing to me then Ian/Nina's, since I have always found Ian/Nina's chemistry to be overrated. Just my opinion though.

What do you guys think?

WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW TO WITNESS THE SCORCHING HOT SPARK BETWEEN IAN & KAT.
last edited on Feb 15, 2011 at 04:42AM
save

Damon & Bonnie 34 risposte

Click here to write a response...
più di un anno fa ItalianAngel89 said…
ITA with you about Ian/Kat chemistry. UST right there imo. And:

I've come to the conclusion that Delena fans only like Delena because Ian Somerhalder has pretty blue eyes and he has "so-called" chemistry with Nina Dobrev

So much THIS! I seriously wonder if Damon and Elena were played by a different actor/actress, would them shippers be this batshit crazy and obsessive? I wonder this sometimes. I'm pretty sure a majority of DE fanbase only like them in the books because of the show.
last edited più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa aceg said…
Often I see Nina has this dull look during scenes(as Elena) with Paul and Ian. A lots of times, both of Ian and Paul had carry on the scene by themself. Sometimes I found it unesay when I watch these scenes. However when Ian and Paul has scene with each other or other characters, there are sparks here. Still, Ian sometimes that did eye thing but more naturally and mischievously unlike the eyes buggy in his scenes with Nina. For example like Ian's scenes with Paul, Matt, Kat, Candice, Isabol and Jules for example.

più di un anno fa ForsakenMoon19 said…
big smile
ITA and I also find Ian very relaxed in his scenes with Kat, its like they're not even trying the chemistry just comes burning through. Where as Ian seems more closed up and trying to force the chemistry with Nina, it doesn't flow like water as it does with Kat. Whenever Ian/Kat have moments together you can tell they really enjoy each other, even in that 8 seconds-of-awesomeness-Bamon-phone-call, I personally don't think Ian enjoys his scenes with Nina as he lets on becuz its just looks like work with him. Ian/Kat can just stare mute at each other and I'd still melt inside, there's no getting around what these two have and what the writers continue to deny for fear of losing the stability of the rediculous triangle!! Ian and Kat don't intimidate one another they just play off each others glares, spunk and charisma as if they'd done it for so many years. Now when Nina is with Paul their chemistry is just magical, even if there are mements when he carries the scene more than her they just click as easy as Kat & Ian. Actually I find Kat/Ian's chemistry almost mirrors the intensity of Paul/Nina although lets face it Bamon scenes are more exciting!!!XD
@ForsakenMoon19, I prefer Paul with Ian or Candice over Nina lol.
più di un anno fa SalvatoreBroFTW said…
AGREED!!
i think ian tries too hard becuz he knows that there HAS to be chemistry between elena and damon so he tries hard.

but when he has scenes with kat.. it comes naturally

to be honest ... ians eye thing is really distracting sometimes... it sometimes seems as if he's having a fit or something... no offense :P

PS. i loveeee ian/kat chemistry..... its like both of them light up when they have scenes together :P
@SalvatoreBroFTW: I think sometimes his eye thing is typical Damon gesture, just piss of people lol.

Damon/Elena, If I'm trying to be honest, there is some moments seems to flow naturally, like the car scene at the end of episode 11 in first season, when they smile genuinely at each other.

Damon/Katherine, they are ok to me.
più di un anno fa ApplePie88 said…
Everyone needs to watch the video of Ian/Kat's scenes in Plan B that I posted at the bottom of my original post. Ian is just eye-sexing Kat up like crazy! :O
più di un anno fa ayananecohe said…
hello :). I thought I was the only person who noticed about the acting. When I took an acting class, I learned that acting is "behaving truthfully in an imaginary situation." Sometimes when I watch, I'm not convinced by what I see. Last season I thought, Ian/Nina chemistry was better, but this season I don't. I always enjoy Ian/Kat. They react very well to each other are natural, and I don't think her overpowers her. Too bad we don't see her enough, I like her with all the characters/actors too. I like Nina better as Katherine. Maybe it's the way they write Elena or something.
più di un anno fa ForsakenMoon19 said…
big smile
Yes aceg I agree Paul & Ian have amazing brotherly chemistry!! Both Paul & Nina are adorable together, sorry its the Stelena fan in me!! I do perfer Kat & Ian's chemistry the most, Damon's actually himself when he's around Bonnie, unlike the pathetic emo mess he is with Elena and BEER-ME sux zero chem!!! Bamon all the way!!!XD
più di un anno fa ApplePie88 said…
Hi ayananecohe! Welcome! :) Yes, I agree with you that I find that Ian/Kat play significantly better off each other then Ian/Nina. I think the reason why Ian/Nina receive so much attention is because it has been shoved in all of our faces so many times about how much "chemistry" they have together. My motto is if everyone out there has to brag constantly about how two actors have SO much chemistry together, chances are they really don't and it's just plain overrated. And also, most of it has to do with the fact that Nina plays the main character of the series (Elena) and Ian plays the really hot bad boy that fangirls go bizerko over (Damon). So, what do you get? People shipping the main female character of the series and the hot bad boy. So incredibly cliche. I get really pissed when people undermine Ian/Kat's obvious and intangible chemistry. On-screen wise, I find that Ian looks at Kat in a way that he doesn't look at Nina IMO. Ian looks at Nina like she is a "girl", whereas Ian looks at Kat like she is a "woman". Just my opinion. And again, this has nothing to do with Nina; I adore her. I'm talking about chemistry between the dynamics of two different pairings of actors.
più di un anno fa ayananecohe said…
^ thanks for the welcome :). and I think sometimes people forget about Paul. When started watching, I was shocked by Damon, but Stefan balanced things. Paul does a good job too.
più di un anno fa katesbon said…
yes!!! i agree kat and ian has more chemistry than any one in the show!but i think kat is a better actor than nina ,don't get me wrong i like nina as katerine but if u watch the recent eps the acting is all the same ,before i sometimes forget its play by the same actress but now i can actually tell,and the only actor tht made me cry when i see them do the same is only kat !!and i think ian say all this stuff about nina triggered alot of peopel to ship delena cos who can go againest a hot guy like him!!
@ayananecohe: I totally agree with you. Sometimes I feel Elena/Damon scene is unconvincing. But there are times when D/E scenes are good. However I always thought Ian/Nina are better as Damon/Katherine than DE.

When Ian pairs with Candice and Kat, things just got so amazing. They bring their natural multi-dynamic on screen. This is also one major reason some people ship Damon/Caroline like crazy.
@ForsakenMoon19: lol Stelena are sweet and cute. But they are just not my type.
più di un anno fa DamonsLilBird said…
I agree Applepie Dumb Entertainment fans and I've been bloody quoting tis from season one. Random stone mill:Ian is soo hott luv his bloody "Blue Wonders" (nicknaming his flippin eyes lol). They seemed to think becuz Ian's hot he should be hot wit Nina? Wrong! Nina in meh family house hold is an Level E rate flippin actress, even as my fav luv to bloody hate her bitch Katherine. She still doesn't deliver it's like when she plays Katherine she looks bloody wasted, Always flippin wobbling in them Gosh be get Heels. I dnt mean to be bloody rude and are so flippin tired of DE looines claiming I'm jealous of her. Ha rights mates I'm jealous of the "Kristen Stewart husky voice 2"? Um sure and I'm jealous of meh baby kitten Socks who's ice blue eyes r prettier and make Ian's eye balls jump out. IanKat has tons of Chem take thee phone call just that scene stole everything of Last week's epsiode. Not trying to sound like a craze dingo but Nian or wateva their bloody "Let's fantasy of Nian like Twihards do of Robsten" name is. Are forcelly bad and rather unhealthy you heard Deadlena are gonna be bloody hot... Um yall saw how bloody Ian/Nina's chem is. Staler then like meh Aunt Onisha's hundred year old teeth, Not a bloody pretty sight mates lol. I feel when Iankat stare or stand by eachother their gonna burned meh heart outta meh chest. They just have it like Pina both sets of couples (jus as actors&friends) seemed to feed off each other. Dnt know how Nina was flippin wrote up by a copper as boring as she, she make's "Supernatural's" Luciefer seem more engertic then usual lol.
più di un anno fa AngelusB said…
You make a good point when you say that Delena fan’s are only into the ship because of him. I feel it’s a fair assumption and read a comment that made complete sense the other day – people only ship DE because Elena is his current obsession and want the character to be happy. I can understand that, I’ve been guilty of that particular want especially where it concerns Stefan.

Ian is a good actor and could probably have chemistry with a goat that could set one’s soul on fire but I never see that spark with Nina, something is missing although there has been the odd occasion were I actually felt it was natural but not enough to make me change my preference. I just don’t feel it. Paul/Ian has more chemistry together than Nian in my oppinion.

Ian/Kat of course makes me mental, I wouldn’t be here otherwise and never noticed that brow thing but now that I’ve looked over the whole issue, how weird is that? I like it! Keep the I/K eye-sex coming! ;)

This is because Paul/Nina as actors play well off each other. They are on-screen compatible. and just how cute are they off-screen in interviews? they all seem like good friends.
più di un anno fa DamonsLilBird said…
@AngelusB I agree with ya mate Pina has it and both of them are really great mates inlife, more so then what DE fans belives. I just feel their heat as well of Iankat by bloody gosh mate they have chem.
più di un anno fa ducky8abug said…
Let me be frank:

Paul and Katerina sizzle. The way his eyes follow her when she's in the same room, the way he register's her presence, the way he touches her (the few times that he has), and the way he has spoken to her all spells out one thing: sizzling hot chemistry.

I've felt the same way about Ian and Candice. Their chemistry is compelling. Their instinctive sexuality is unmistakable. You can't miss it.

I don't feel as if I'm expected to want them, to like them. Everything falls into place naturally. In fact, because we're not expected to like this pair, I also happen to love the sparring between Damon and Bonnie, and feel the chemistry between Ian and Kat is unmissable. However, when it comes to the love triangle and what we're expected to feel as an audience, my feelings about the overall storyline doesn't quite mesh with what they're trying to convey. There is supposed to be undeniable chemistry between Paul and Nina's characters; and frankly, I don't see it. Similarly, it's supposed to exist between Ian and Nina and I'm not reacting to it the way, I guess, I'm expected to react.

Although I see chem between Paul and Ian, I don't see it between the love triangle. To me, some of the characters seem as if they're spouting off a line while sitting in one place, and they tend to exude extreme boredom. But anyway...
@AngelusB, DamonsLilBird: Let me be honest for a sec, both Pian/Nina are ok to look at. When it come to the bloody triangles, they are suppose to bring audiences something magical and compelling, as the producers originally intended. Unfortunately, as an audience I felt nothing special about the triangles.
più di un anno fa deluv said…
WOW! This chemistry thing again, huh?
Anyway i just wanted to say we don't ship DE cuz Ian is hot or else we'd be shipping Bamon(cuz it involves Ian) and Stelena(I think Paul is INCREDIBLYY SEXYY). You get my point?

I think everyone in the cast has chemistry with each other and when it comes to shipping I don't consider chemistry as a factor. I consider the connection/relationship/understanding between characters. e.g I think Nina and Paul have chemistry but when it comes to the Stelena connection it just doesn't click.

più di un anno fa LoVeLuStAnDLiEs said…
Ian and Nina have chemistrey but theres types of chemistrey And i think the chemistrey Ian and Nina have isnt strong enough to draw me into become a loved up Delena fan but every single time I look at bonnie and Damon its like im a goldfish high on air ,Im breathless every time I watch them..Ian and Nina have chemistrey but not the chemistrey Kat and Ian have thiers is delicious and soo bloody hot but I understand why people like De and hate bamon and I understand why I and other people love bamon and hate de ..its simple we all see things diffrently..like the seeying the most perfect thing in the most imperfect way
@deluv:Not to be rude, I've seen many DE fans had use the so called hotness or media exposure as the main reason to ship DE. Although I have no intention of poking my nose into some one else's affairs, since it is disrespectful. Isn't it a pity shipping a couple solely based on these two reasons?
più di un anno fa ducky8abug said…
smile
@Deluv:

Yes, the question of chemistry has resurfaced. "The Vampire Diaries" is a cliched parody of a thousand other shows.

What familial or friendly connection there is to speak of is rarely showcased. Audiences are left with a collection of overdeveloped/underdeveloped love triangles. I'd say, 95% of the show is steeped in scenarios where the perpetual damsel in distress is constantly being chased or rescued by a Salvatore brother. I don't know what emotional connectivity there is to speak of, as far as Season 2 is concerned, but I do know chemistry when I see it. Unfortunately, I don't think its present among the entire cast.

big smile
@ducky8abug: lol well said! I agree with you on tiresome and foreced love triangles. It is fortunate for us fans that "real chemistry" has resurfaced in few actual interaction between Ian, Paul, Kat and Candice.
più di un anno fa Blairwaldorffan said…
Great post applepie88, I agree with your post.Ian/Kat are great compatible on-screen actor/actress.
più di un anno fa AngelusB said…
Unfortunately, as an audience I felt nothing special about the triangles.

@Aceg: and it's not even the main triangle, it's all of them, they're off putting.
@AngelusB: yeah right, welcome to the Diaries of Triangles lol.
Ian/Matt is also amazing, like Ian/Pual, they have this bromance going on. I forgot to mention Mia kirshner, the actress who play Isobel, also had sparks with Ian. I remebered reading an interview a while ago, she spoke highly of Ian. (also include the actress played Jules, I forgot her name) It is amazing that both Ian and Kat are nice people and easy going.
By the way, Do you know that Mia and Paul starred in a show toghether sometimes before. Too bad they don't shared many scenes toghether in Isobel.
più di un anno fa silvina19 said…
laugh
^^intersting!!!
i see ian with kate moenning (my actual photo) and they had incredible chimestry i love them together... its funny because kate and mia were a couple in l word.. maybe they could bring kate and meke a trio!!! hahaha lol
big smile
@silvina19 they can definately make a hot vampiric threesome.
più di un anno fa AngelGirl1992 said…
laugh
Absolutely so true Ian and Kat have this electrifying personality. Whenever Damon is around Bonnie he ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS seem to close the gap of space there is between them ore grab her arm. First I thought it was purely to intimate her ore actually because Katerina is kinda short and he has to lean forward to have eye contact. I love how they react on each other. They have the BEST chemistry on the show. In my opinion their chemistry is off the chart in season 2 premier at the Lockwood Mansion. at people STILL SAY they have no chemistry obviously they are in deniall

più di un anno fa Tigerlily888 said…
BAMON BAMON BAMON FOR THE WIN!
Great post!x
più di un anno fa jasamfan09 said…
love your post i am just catch up on it. i don't think nina is a good actress she and ok actress and that just my opinion. i don't think nina/ian have chemistry either. i think elena a boring character and she don't make me feel anything for her when bad thing happen to her.for character that i hate i could drum up some type of emotion for them with elena i feel nothing at all.with ian/kat they sizzle on screen the first time i saw them was on youtube i was like who this black chick with the white guy they are hot together and so much chem.that when i became hook on them. but kat got chem with all the males except jeremy he suck the chem right out the room. that why i call them BoreMe(Beremy) they have no chem.paul/nina have ok chem. but paul/nina as katherine have better chem . i think ian/paul have good chem as brothers also. i think candice have good chem with ian/paul also. and for those that think that i picking on her i not i seen nina on degrassi and even then i thought her acting skills are mediocre.