Europa Lisbon Treaty?

meeee posted on May 21, 2008 at 09:27PM
Just wondering does anyone know what it's about because no one seems to have a clue.
For example someone came to my school to tell us about it and all they did was tell us about Europe and when a girl asked what the Lisbon treaty was she said "It doesn't matter just get your parents to vote yes", I saw a sign that said 'Say no to killing foxes, say no to Lisbon' and most the nurses in the west of Ireland are just voting no so the goverment will pay attention to their hospitals.
I don't really care about it(I get the feeling lots of people will be mad at me for that)because it's not like I can vote in it or anything I was just wondering if everyone else was as clueless about it as people here seem to be.
Wow that must be the longest forum I have ever written...
*Is proud of self*

Europa 7 risposte

Click here to write a response...
più di un anno fa aholic said…
This might help :)
più di un anno fa dazl said…
Not your fault if you don't care about it, meeee. I'm eligible to vote, and I don't care about it. I've tried to understand it, but everything is lost under legalese bullshit.
più di un anno fa meeee said…
My brother can vote and he's voting no because the sign about foxes made him laugh.
don't-care-five dazl!
più di un anno fa dazl said…
Well, it is looking like a 'No' vote from Ireland. And I can honestly say I'm not suprised. I was a polling clerk for the referendum, and the amount of people who said they didn't trust the political parties pushing the 'Yes' vote and the incomprehensibilty of the documents presented was the reason they voted 'No' (some people don't understand the idea of a secret ballot)
I think that it's because it is so long. I mean 300 pages!
54% voted no and 46% voted yes.