lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter vs Twilight 54807 risposte

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 50701-50750 of 54807

più di un anno fa wotcher-tonks said…
Oh, and yes, apology accepted.
più di un anno fa Italktosnakes said…
Has Best gone to Bed. Is there anyone else here? Cause I want to tAlk non-HP, but everyone here is new, therefore probably hates the non-hP talk :L x
più di un anno fa Italktosnakes said…
Also, on a HP note, the banner is really annoying me. The twilight side looks nice, but the HP side looks a bit messed up :L x
più di un anno fa Belvedere said…
smile
Er, if you'd gone back and read the last 40 pages or so, you'd see that we noobs have been OT plenty of times.
più di un anno fa FawkesTears said…
"ok i hav mor reesuns y tw1lite is bettr"
You can try

"1.herry ptoter is soooo tottaly ovr"
Soooo totally not. Rowling has set up a Potter website and as long as she's alive, Potter will never die. Rest assured, once Twilight is over, no one will care about it anymore.

"2u cna undrstand bellas probblems bcuz ther abt hr boyfrend n any1 ho hav a boyfiend noes how she fell. hery potrs problems r only abut magik."
But that's the thing. Her only problems are about her boyfriend. Not only does she have a perfect life, but is also obsessive about Eddie.

"3.bella hav a famly so itz not as sad"
Again, Bella has the perffect live. No one has a perfect life in reality.

"4.the authr isnt as rich so she iz nicer 2 poor ppl
my bruthr saw wut i rote n he told me that i shudnt call ppl mean or st00pid so sorry that i sed that 2 u guyzz."
Wrong, wrong, wrong! Joan Rowling takes huge amounts of the money and donates them to charities while Meyer hoards every cent she's got. But I really shouldn't judge since I don't know her; why don't you admit the same?

You lose...again
più di un anno fa pokerface22 said…
Hey, sorry I disappeared. Playing in the pool with my two galfriends. They love Twilight, so we were playing that. I pretend to like Twilight. I'll argue with gaycheese in my next post.
più di un anno fa SEEKER6 said…
mischievous
MAH TURN! Pokerface: LOL

"ok i hav mor reesuns y tw1lite is bettr"

Will you give up already? We mhave already proved all of your reasons wrong, and just because you won't stop doesn't mean we will just go over to the icky, sparkly side.

"1.herry ptoter is soooo tottaly ovr"

The movies are over. The books are over. but Harry Potter will live in our hearts forever. Pottermore. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. DVD's. A book series. Harry Potter will never die. It will never be over. It will be carried down generation after generation. As Fawkes said, after Dreaking Dawn no one will care anymore. Twilight will be over.

"2u cna undrstand bellas probblems bcuz ther abt hr boyfrend n any1 ho hav a boyfiend noes how she fell. hery potrs problems r only abut magik."

I don't have a boyfriend. And even I can tell you that no one can relate to having a perfect, vampire boyfriend who fell in love with them the second he saw them. I can relate to Hermione. I can relate to Luna. (I'm the smart "kiss up" and I'm really weird and missunderstood.) I'm not being biased, but I really can't relate to Bella, a perfect character, in any way.

"3.bella hav a famly so itz not as sad"

It makes her more perfect. Her only issue is her boyfriend! That is a main thing in Harry Potter: When Harry was a baby, Voldemort killed his parents. It had a backstory. There was a reason. If he had a family it would make no sense.

"4.the authr isnt as rich so she iz nicer 2 poor ppl"

Oh. My. Gosh. J.K. Rowling started writing Harry Potter on NAPKINS. The only reason she's rich now, is the small story she started in a coffee shop on a napkin. That developed into a GREAT story that sold amazingly. Then they made the movies which sold great as well. Plus, J.K. Rowling has donated to soooo many charities. How many has Meyer donated to? Hmmm?

"my bruthr saw wut i rote n he told me that i shudnt call ppl mean or st00pid so sorry that i sed that 2 u guyzz."

Apology excepted. You shouldn't call people idiots either.

We win. Harry Potter FTW.
big smile
Pokerface: Lol I've done that too! I have a really close friend who is obbsessed. Preach!
"1. Harry Potter is so totally over."

Pottermore, fanfiction, we are playing a video game (DHp2) on our wii as I speak, averagewizard.com shows that people still have HP related moments, etc.

"2. You can understand Bella's problems because they're about her boyfriend and anyone who has had/or currently has a boyfriend knows how she felt. Harry Potter's problems are only about magic."

Nobody can relate to that. I have had a boyfriend before, and when we broke up, I didn't mind, and since he was a player, neither did he. Harry's problems aren't just magic, as you stated below. You showed one of his problems, contradicting yourself.

"Bella has a family so it's not as sad."

Plenty of people are orphaned, my mom and my uncle (her brother), for one... er... two... Of course, they had their grandma, but whatever! Bella dumps her parents aside. There's a quote from Twilight, I'll do my best to recall: "It'll be rough, being a vampire, but after a few decades, everyone you know will be dead." Yeah, great having a family...

"4. The author (Stephanie Meyer) isn't as rich so she is nicer to poor people."

I pulled up Google for this, because I heard on one of the reasons earlier that "J.K.Rowling started off poor, and when she became rich, she donated to charities. Stephanie Meyer was already well off when she created the Twilight Saga, and she's kept every last cent." Google:
J.K.Rowling
Her life now is, naturally, very different from the hand-to-mouth struggle of the days before Potter was published. Back then, she famously nursed cold coffees in an Edinburgh cafe for hours as she wrote, her daughter Jessica sleeping in a buggy beside her. She subsisted on £70 a week benefits, and her flat was infested with mice.
It also says she used plenty of money for herself and her family, but she still gave to plenty of charities.
Source:
link

Stephanie Meyer:
Well, my strategy here was to find what they were like before, and what nice things they had done, then the source, but the first two are blank.
So source:
link

"My brother saw what I wrote and he told me that I shouldn't call people mean or stupid, so sorry that I said that to you guys."

Apology accepted, sweetie.

SEEKER6:
Yeah, I play Alice because she's one of my favorite characters. You know, we have a lot in common! BUDDY! You're awesome-er than most of my friends. Twilight lovers, people who haven't read Harry Potter, and one who hates anything that's bad for the Christain soul. She flipped out on me for having HP, Encyclopedia of Mythology, and horror books with things such as ghosts on my bookshelf.
più di un anno fa StarKidWeasley said…
And we have a totally awesome musical, as you can see by my name, which has been altered a wee bit for avoiding copying the brilliant people behind AVPM.
"SIRIUS BLACK! SIRIUS BLACK! Aha checkmate. SIRIUS BLACK! SIRIUS BLACK!" Snape. Enough said.
big smile
XD lol BUDDY! My friend is in love with Edward and has a Edward "make-out corner" O___o it's pretty weird! lol Your awesome-er toooooooo! XD I have a friend who flipped out for me having HP, Percy Jackson Series, and like Goosebumps or something.... I tried to explain to her it was only fiction but nooooooo :)
^^Hahahahhahahaha so much better then the Spiderman musical. What about Wizard Wrock? Lets Lumos is awesome. so is Ninen Three Quarters, MC Kreacher, Ministry of Magic, ect!
^ MC Kreacher FTW
più di un anno fa Lunalovely said…
^^You read Goosebumps?! AND Percy Jackson? I LOVE those. They're a right side better than Twilight
WHOO! And thanks, Seeker! AND WHOO! TO STARKID! I love Starship! And Junior! AVPM, AVPS, MAMD, LWL, Starship, I cannot wait until their next Musical. And SEEKER6, like I said, you are coming more and more alike me with each post!
Wrock is amazing. And I laughed so hard in the link for Meyers "charitableness"
And there better be A Very Potter Threequel once Darren gets a break from Glee. BUT WILL HE? He will be taking Dan Radcliffes spot on Broadway for at least 3 weeks once Daniel leaves.
I hope so! And I hope they do make a Twilight Musical, to see how it turns out. And I know there's already a Twilight Musical, but starkid would be so much better at making it! I am watching Vampires Suck right now, I love it so much! And I love MoM, the House Song is my favorite!
laugh
If they made a Twilight musical....... I just can't picture them doing that. But Joe Walker or Joey Richter would do well as Eddie, eh?? They could make it SO FUNNY! And LAuren Lopez as Bella cause Draco ni AVPM acted a LOT like Bella... rolling and moping all the time. XD
I'm reading a Harry Potter reads Twilight fanfiction, and it's hilarious!
Hahahahah that sounds funny.
Yeah, I want to read a Twilight reads harry potter fanfic after this.
I once imagined that I could be a wizard who came across the Cullens, and thought that they were rubbish. I totally pwned them. :) And once I literally had a dream that I was watching twilight but ramdomly Voldemort just popped in, said " You again?" and killed him. XD
Lol xD Your dreams are awesome! That would be so cool if that happened!
wink
Mind posting the link pokerface?
Posting the link for what?
I was talking about the fanfic, but I think I found it.
I just searched "Reading Twilight," and clicked on Harry Potter. I'm now reading what I normally read: FredWeasley/OC romance fics.
più di un anno fa harrypotterbest said…
Hai again guys :)

Alice if you're reading this then I'm sowwy, I wasn't here, but message me if you want to talk :P
più di un anno fa Gred_and_Forge said…
Aw Accio. I don't even remember if I was an original, but I know I was here a long time. First generation x]
You were here a LOOOONG time Gred, but rarely at the same time as me :(
Almost a year I think :O
più di un anno fa traceyhp said…
hmmm
Hey Hey peoples!!

I'm on here about 6 hours after failing YET AGAIN to enter Pottermore :S

But if I don't make it within these last two days, I could wait again for October ;) *(I guess)*
last edited più di un anno fa
It's okay, Tracey! You'll get it! By the way, what was the clue this time?
I've been here ever since I joined; this forum is in fact the reason I joined fanpop xD
It was book 6 right? And I just read My Immortal...... or tried to. 0_0.
Yeah, I joined Fanpop because of this spot, not the forum, but yeah x]
never mind:
link
Is it just me, or are the clues getting easier?
 never mind: http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/fifth-clue-of-pottermores-magical-quill-cha
I love My Immortal XD

Gred, I was googling "harry potter vs twilight" and found this, tried to read through all the reasons (it took me longer than a month and I didn't even finish! xD) but then I gave up and skipped ahead :P I think I joined around page 173... not sure though :S
I joined Fanpop because of this spot too.... It's my favorite one.
I actually wanted to comment on an article here from that girl who had/has a Katy Perry icon and she was saying why Twilight was better and she gave reasons and I wanted to comment, but I didn't have an account at the time x]

Welps, I'm watching X Men First Class right now. I'll be back later. Bye guys.

James McAvoy ;]
 I actually wanted to commento on an articolo here from that girl who had/has a Katy Perry icona and she
Do you have a link?

And YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY KATY PERRY XD
Oh, bye :C See you later. *huggle* love you :]
OMG, me too! ^ The reason I got an account was her! Then I read all the pages and found that she had apologized...

I was all "Well, that was wasted..." And then I found this!
Who? :S
harrypotterbest:
link
I see that you have actually commented on that anyway! And please correct me if that's not the one you were talking about, Gred.
più di un anno fa traceyhp said…
^Thanks guys!!

@Pokerface22 I didn't get a chance to view the clue because my mother sent me into the 101 degree heat to run errands that lasted over an hour :(
But I should be cleared up for tommorrow to try again!! :)