Hip hop How can I pick up choreography?

Sera___ posted on Aug 22, 2018 at 11:47AM
Dear Dancer Friends,

I have started to take hip hop, commercial pop, street dance, jazz / funk classes for the last 3 months. I attend these classes at least 5 times a week and the duration each of them is 1,5 hours. My biggest problem is picking up the choroegraphy. I try to follow every tips in the dance classes regarding picking up the choroegraphy which have been mentioned in Quora before. Today I felt a bit worried because we have done the same choreo for the 4th times and I could still not the do the movements in line with music. I know practice will make it better but I feel a bit worried and really need to hear some advices from the experts, dancers or anyone who achieved this problem. I have other problems about dancing but for me the most important thing is “picking up the choreo and follow the music together with movements”. Do you think that 3 months is enough to pick up choreo? Do you recommend one to one classes? Maybe there is someone who has the same problem and solved it by taking private classes or can give me some recommendations?

Thanks in advance for your comments and ideas!

Cheers,
Sera

Hip hop 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
più di un anno fa gin3d said…
3 months is enough if you practice 4 hours / day.

ITZY "Not Shy" Dance Practice : link
last edited più di un anno fa