My Little Pony - L'amicizia è magica Episode Discussion Guide: Bloom and Gloom

btflash posted on Apr 18, 2015 at 10:59PM
OK Y'ALL I GOT A BIT OF SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT THIS EPISODE BEFORE DISCUSSIN'

see, this episode is a bit sentimental to me, in that it confirms two things

1. The CMCs will get cutie marks in Potion-Making (applebloom), Singing (Sweetie Belle), and impersonating evil knievel (scootaloo)

2. The writers know that we know this and are TROLLING THE SHIT OUT OF US

no, really, I know this is a thing. They all-but-confirmed the first fact several times over, and have straight up confirmed it now, they're just taking their sweet-ass time actually giving the CMCs their cutie marks.

Discuss below!

My Little Pony - L'amicizia è magica 11 risposte

Click here to write a response...
più di un anno fa triq267 said…
Yeah, they've been hinting at those talents since season 1, but this episode really went to show that they're just screwing with us.

However, and bt, you should have expected this from me, this episode was made for me by AJ singing that lullaby.
più di un anno fa btflash said…
I almost cringed when she "woke up" to find she had a cutie mark, because I knew straightaway that it was a dream.

However, that was basically averted with how they chose to use this dream sequence.

Gotta get this out of the way, though:
OHMYGODLUNASHEISAWESOMEOHMYGODYES

*ahem* anyway,
now all of the CMC have been visited by luna, I have observed. DHX probably noticed that last season we got 2 visits from luna for scoots and sweetie only, so they decided to have applebloom join in on the fun.
Oh, yeah, as soon as I saw AJ tucking Apple Bloom in I could predict the majority of the episode. But still, dat lullaby. MMMPH.

And I guess Luna was alright too. //shot
(Bringin' it back to Feeny taking //shots left and right)
più di un anno fa NocturnalMirage said…
Well, to be honest, I did not really know where to put this episode at first. I never watch trailers or read the synopsis for upcoming episodes cos that would ruin the anticipation and excitement of surprise for me. At first, I was like: "are they actually doing this? They can't be serious, giving Appelbloom a cutie mark so soon!" Then after the spooky forest scene, I realized what they were up to and knew Luna will be there in the end, since she's been playing the role of a child therapist since Season 3. After the first few minutes the plot was quite predictable indeed but it did not make it less enjoyable for me. I liked how they gave a nod to the fans with Sweetie Belle's singing scene cos many fans associate her with that talent for some reason. And yeah, Luna's so awesome!!! :3 But I think the VAs for the CMC are getting a little old for their roles in the show; their voices clearly sound more mature than last season. But all in all it was a very good episode in my opinion, I'd give it 5 stars out of 6.
più di un anno fa DandC4evacute said…
This episode is incredible of showing Applebloom's insecurities about getting a cutie mark. The first, is "What if I get a cutie mark I didn't like?" The second, is "What if I get one, but my friends don't?" The third, is "What if my family doesn't aproove?" And then, she finally had to face herself.
One thing I'm speculating is that Luna was wrong; it wasn't applebloom that made that dream happen, but it was an outside source.

Somepony that has grown to know a distinct distaste for cutie marks

Somepony that aims to get other ponies to grow the same kind of distaste

Somepony that, as we know, is able to cast high-level magic.

hmmm...
If you're right and Starlight Glimmer can cast magic to fuck with dreams, then pretty much everypony is boned.
no, really, I think that would make for an interesting plot point/story
Here's how I see it going down:

Princess Luna notices an odd disturbance in the dreamscape. More nightmares are popping up than usual, so one night she decides to investigate more closely than the CMC dreams.

We cut to the next day, and Twilight and friends sit down at the cutie map.

The cutie map does its shenanigans, but instead of pinpointing one place, the map highlights almost all of equestria.
However, the cutie map does pinpoint one location: Canterlot.
At the same time, spike runs in telling twilight that he received a letter from Celestia, saying Twilight and company are needed in canterlot (#noshit)

Our heroes arrive in canterlot, where they find Princess Luna unable to wake up.
This has most likely never happened before, and Celestia surmises that Luna must be somehow trapped within the dreamscape.

Twilight instantly forms an idea.

Now, this is gonna take some headcanon from my part, so bear with me, because I'm gonna include something that was hinted at within the season premiere: Eastern Mage Meadowbrook's eight magical artifacts.

I suggest to you all that one of Meadowbrook's supposed magical artifacts allows a pony to enter (and gain power over) the dreamscape.

Then idk how the story would go from there, but I just like the idea that this week's episode has given me.
last edited più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa NocturnalMirage said…
Actually, when that disembodied voice first appeared, instantly thought it's Starlight glimmer but your idea sounds awesome, I'd love to see that happening in the show! It would kick ass so hardcore! xD
bt I swear to gog if you just called the season finale based off of a voice similarity and some minor dialogue I will implode.
also there may be hints towards another possible episode about dreams in the future, so who knows..?