Playboy First Playboy girl with tattoo

HollyGinger posted on Dec 22, 2021 at 10:35PM
Back around 2012-2014 listening to the AM radio talk show, Man Cow hosted by Man Cow Muller.
I dont know if this girl was his cohost or just a guest. She said that she was the first girl to appear in playboy with a tattoo that playboy didnt edit out. She said up untill her, any girl with a tattoo, playboy would edit and photo shop the photo, removing the tattoo so it looked like the girl didnt have a tattoo. She said on the Man Cow Muller show that she was the first time that an un edited tattoo on a girl appeared in playboy. Im assuming that she was in the playboy magazine and not just a playboy internet model.. Im guessing that the time period that she was in playboy could have been sometime between the mid 2000’s up to 2013 / 2014.

I tried many times to do a search to try and find out who she is, who was the first girl to appear in playboy with a tattoo, and so on with no luck.

Does anyone know the first time playboy showed an un-edited tattoo and who the girl was?

Playboy 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
·5 mesi fa Jello_Belt said…
I don't know who the girl is whom you're referring to, but the time frame you posit (2000-2014) is WAY off.

First, we must make a clarification between "a girl in Playboy" and "a Playboy Playmate." The Playmate is the girl who is the centerfold, but the Playmate is far from the only girl who appears in any issue of Playboy magazine. To try to track down any random girl who appeared in Playboy would be a monumental, if not impossible task.

As far as Playmates go, the first one I saw who had a tattoo was Laura Richmond, Miss September 1988. Laura has an Eye of Horus tattooed on her back, below her right shoulder blade.

But mind you, I said Laura Richmond was the first one I SAW--I didn't say she was the first one that there was. I was looking at old photos online of earlier Playmates, and I remember that there were two Playmates from the early 1970's who had small tattoos. Unfortunately, I can't remember who they are now.

As for Playboy editing out tattoos, you're right. Playboy always maintained that their philosophy of who they featured in their magazine was that she be "the girl next door." Who the girl next door is is open for debate, but I can confidently say that in the past, she didn't have tattoos--but today she does. The only question is, when did that happen? Playboy seems to have been rather schizophrenic on that point. You'd see a girl with a tattoo in one photo, but another photo of her in the same pictorial would have that same tattoo edited out. Did they think we wouldn't notice? Even funnier would be Playboy videos. You'd see a girl with a tattoo in one scene, yet in another scene, the same tattoo would be covered up with makeup--and if you knew to look for it, the makeup job was quite obvious. I'd say Playboy didn't become comfortable with tattoos until about 2007.

Here's a list of Playmates I can remember off the top of my head having tattoos at the time of their first appearance in Playboy:

Laura Richmond 09/88
Jennifer LeRoy 02/93
Donna Perry 11/94
Gillian Bonner 04/96
Jennifer Miriam 03/97
Kalin Olson 08/97 (tattoos not visible in the magazine)
Laura Cover 10/98
Tishara Cousino 05/99
Jodi Ann Patterson 10/99
Brande Roderick 04/00
Summer Altice 08/00
Jennifer Walcott 08/01
Christi Shake 05/02
Colleen Marie 08/03
Tamara Witmer 08/05
Christine Smith 12/05
Cassandra Lynn 02/06
Jayde Nicole 01/07