Hunger Games Hunger Games domande

Fangirl521 posted on Nov 06, 2014 at 01:14AM
Okay, so I was just thinking about the Hunger Games. Now, before I say this, I love the Hunger Games more than anything. My favorite thing about it is Peeta. But, I was thinking, Katniss changed the world, all because Peeta didn't keep his mouth shut. If he kept his mouth shut about liking Katniss, none of it would have happened. He could have prevented a giant war that killed so many people (spoiler alert) one of them being FINICK! All because he didn't keep his mouth shut. He better like what he got out of it. He changed the damn COUNTRY, and all he got was like 5 kisses and a fake realtionship. Like WHAT THE HECK DID YOU DO YOU SCREWED UP A WHOLE COUNTRY!!!!!!!!! YOU KILLED YOUR FAMILY AND THE GIRL YOU LOVE'S SISTER! SHE SHOULDN'T LOVE YOU FOR THAT! Like, (spoiler alert) he killed her sister! He ruined her life!!!1 Why did she pick him!?!? He put her in another Hunger Games, he put her in a war, he made her the #1 target to kill, HE KILLED HER DAMN SISTER! Here is my proof of all this.

The war-
1) Peeta says he loves Katniss and she then has to play along with it to live and that makes snow mad)
2) They win the games and Katniss is giving people too much hope so she has to die so she goes into more Hunger Games
3) She gets taken out which makes snow even more mad and he starts a war

Prim's death-
1) the war (steps above)
2) Snow must be killed
3) they go to kill snow
4) a lot of kids are injured and district 13 medics go to help with exploding parachutes coming down
5) one of the medics was prim
6)Prim is killed then and there, all because Peeta couldn't keep his mouth shut

I love Peeta more than anything, but this is just over the line

-----------------------------------------­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­--

Hunger Games 23 risposte

Click here to write a response...
più di un anno fa Buttercup_10 said…
Hahahah yeah that's true but at the end of THG book, Peeta didn't know that all I it was a plan that Haymitch and Katniss made.
più di un anno fa ReporterRebel said…
But don't you think that Panem is better off because of Katniss and Peeta? If Peeta hadn't loved Katniss and told her then the Capitol would keep on slaughtering innocent children. Change was needed and Peeta and Katniss realized it so they did something about it. Maybe their course of action wasn't the best but do you honestly believe that there was a better way to fight the Capitol. I don't think peaceful protesting would work. The only way to change things was to go to war and in war people die but hopefully they didn't die in vain. I think that is what Suzanne Collins was trying to say.
last edited più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa Fangirl521 said…
I understand that, but that's not what this was meant to be. I'm just saying that it doesn't make sense to me how Katniss still ends up with Peeta, even after he ruins her life. Yeah, he practically freed the country by falling in love, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make...
mkate0715 commented…
Okay I will try and make this make sense she ends up with him because she realizes that gale and her burn each other, he is destructive and since it is hinted that he killed Prim , Katniss knows she cannot trust his whatsoever. The flipside is Peeta with whom she says that he is her dandelion in the spring; she is claiming that Peeta brings out the best in her and would never do something to hurt her on purpose and that he understands her expirences, He is quite different form Gale becasue he has a signifigant level of empathy and has earned Katniss' Amore and trust. Gale thought that Katniss would always trust him, but that is not true. While trust is earned, te can also betray other people's trust, like gale betrayed Katniss's trust più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa Flickerflame said…
1. As ReporterRebel says, Panem was better off as a result of the rebellion and war, even with those who'd died in the fighting. The Games were over. The people of the districts weren't as oppressed.
2. Peeta couldn't have ever known the consequences of speaking about his crush on Katniss. He couldn't have known that the Gamemakers would play them by pretending to change the rules, nor that Katniss would trick the Gamemakers in return by pretending that they were both willing to commit suicide. He didn't know this would spark of a rebellion. He didn't know about District 13 or the rebels in the Capitol who were willing to use that spark to start off a war. He couldn't have known who'd be the casualties of that war.
3. There are loads more people more directly involved in Prim's death. President Coin, who set the entire thing up in a failed attempt to get Katniss on her side. Gale and Beetee, who designed the bomb and the trap, and didn't realise that medics of their side would also feel compelled to help the bomb victims. President Snow, since it was his decision to use Capitol children as a human shield.
I understand that Peeta didn't know, and tat there were other people involved, I'm just saying that it all started with him
You could say that it started with Katniss, volunteering. You could say it started with Prim, having the bad luck to be Reaped, being too weak to stand much of a chance and being close enough with her sister that Katniss would take her place. You could say that it started with Snow, or with whichever of his predecessors started the Games. You could say it started with the rebels during the Dark Days.
omfg...
Katniss could've gone through the games normally had Peeta kept his mouth shut! She could've never became the Mockingjay, never been in a war, probably end up with Gale, and live happily ever after with him... is Peeta just kept quiet, he could've saved so many lives! I understand, it was realy a good thing, but so many people died!
last edited più di un anno fa
She wouldn't have gotten the sponsors she did if not for the romance act, which wouldn't have been possible without Peeta. She wouldn't have been able to fight Cato. Actually, she'd have been killed by Cato while she was succumbing to the trackerjacker stings. Peeta told her to run away and fought Cato - that was when his leg got injured. Without him she'd have died there.
*sigh* Katniss was saved by Rue, and Haymitch still would've sponsored her because he obviously knew something about a rebellion
Rue saved Katniss from the venom. Not from Cato himself.

The rebellion hadn't truly started until Catching Fire. It was sparked by the rebellion Katniss herself showed in the stunt with the berries, and the fact that she'd survived that rebellion. Also, I'm not certain that people involved in the Games, such as mentors, would be allowed to sponsor.
Okay, 2 things wrong with that...
1) Rue hid Katniss from Cato
2) Haymitch sponsored Katniss like five times throughout both the 74th and 75th hunger games
1. No, Rue never mentions hiding Katniss. I actually think she'd struggle to pick Katniss up and drag her unconscious body to a hiding place. What Rue did was find the leaves which counter the venom and apply them to Katniss' stings.
2. Haymitch didn't actually sponsor her himself. What he did was pass on the sponsorship of others, i.e. doing part of his job as mentor.
But it was sill his idea to sponsor her, and I'm pretty sure that the soup they got when they were in the cave was, in face, from Haymitch. And, the notes all said "-H" which means they were, in face, from Haymitch. And also, if Rue didn't hide Katniss, how would Cato not find them?
H just meant that Haymitch had written the note - he still needed sponsors to pay for the gifts, he couldn't give them out without money or pay for them himself. That's how sponsorship works in the Games.

Rue might have hidden Katniss and herself later, but I'm talking about immediately when she begins succumbing to the stings. When she sees Peeta and hears him shouting at her to run, then she starts hallucinating.
He had plenty of money! He was a Victor! He was the richest person in 12!

Peeta was how they found Katniss! He practically led them to her! he agreed to lead them to her! Even if he was gonna just try to save her, he still agreed to show them where he was!
Richest person in District 12 (which is the poorest district, or one of the poorest) is nothing compared to the riches of people in the Capitol. And, as I mentioned before, there could have been a rule preventing a mentor from sponsoring himself, the same way Cinna couldn't bet on a tribute. They were both too involved.

Peeta lied. He wasn't leading them towards her. He just said he'd do that to get them to trust him, he was actually trying to do the opposite. Why would he ever really be trying to help the Careers kill Katniss?!
1) Haymitch still got lots of money, so he could sponsor her
2) so Peeta could find her himself and protect her!
I doubt he could sponsor her enough to afford the gifts she did receive, the ones she needed. As the narrative mentions, sponsor gifts become more expensive as the Games continue.
Also, why would Haymitch keep stressing the importance of impressing sponsors, and hint that she needed to play up the romance through the timing of his gifts, if he was sponsoring her directly himself? He wasn't. He knew they needed the romance to keep bringing in money from Capitol citizens.

Protect her himself? That'd be 2 against 5! I'm pretty sure he knew Katniss would have better odds of surviving if she evaded the Careers, as would he. They only found her because the Gamesmakers, being bored, created a wall of fire which drove Katniss towards the Careers Pack because they wanted a fight.
Okay, okay, we're straying from the original point. The point was that Peeta started the war. Can we at least agree he was one of the things that stared the war? Can we agree upon that?
No, I still say that he couldn't have possibly foreseen the consequences of his actions and that there were a lot of people more directly responsible for the war and the specific deaths in it.
But even if he didn't know it was still him! He didn't mean to start a war but he did!
Same with Katniss. She started a war by volunteering for her sister, with the berry stunt, with shooting out the arena.

It's pretty clear what you're trying to do here. You dislike Peeta's character so you're clinging to reasons to blame him.
Dude, I LOVE Peeta. He's my favorite! But I just can't get the idea out of my head that she could've gone through the games normally, if he never said he loved her. She never would've done the thing with the berries, she probably would've won, she'd go back to 12 and live happily ever after with her family. I just can't get that out of my head. But never, EVER say I don't like Peeta. I am in love with Peeta...