X-Men Mutant of the Week

Alycat4848 posted on Aug 02, 2011 at 06:28PM
Here is where we can discuss the Mutant of the Week. Talk about things you like about the character, your favorite stories with them, or even things that you don't like. This week we voted on the New Mutants and Sam Guthrie won!
Week 1= Havok
Week 2= Jean Grey
Week 3= Cannonball
Week 4= Rogue
Week 5= X-23
Week 6= Nightcrawler
Week 7= Psylocke
Week 8= Gambit
Week 9= Mystique
Week 10= Emma Frost
Week 11= Hope
Week 12= Magneto
Week 13= Deadpool
Week 14= Cable
Week 15= Husk
 Here is where we can discuss the Mutant of the Week. Talk about things te like about the character,
last edited on Nov 15, 2011 at 07:11AM

X-Men 80 risposte

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 80

più di un anno fa Alycat4848 said…
What is your favorite story with Havok? I personally liked in in Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire, War of Kings, and X-Cutioner's song.
last edited più di un anno fa
 What is your preferito story with Havok? I personally liked in in Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire,
Okay we got no replies last week and probably won't get any this week but I'll still keep trying. What is your favorite Jean story? Of course most people would probably choose Dark Phoinex Saga and I can't really argue with that.
 Okay we got no risposte last week and probably won't get any this week but I'll still keep trying. Wha
più di un anno fa x-menobsessed26 said…
Hmm...I don't really know what my favorite is, but the most iconic for Jean Grey is indefinately the Phoenix/ Dark Phoenix saga. Honestly, I can't choose when it comes to Jean. My favorite character! Sorry I didn't reply last week. I didn't see it.
 Hmm...I don't really know what my preferito is, but the most iconic for Jean Grey is indefinately the
Even though technically it wasn't her in Dark Phoenix Saga. At least I think. Jean is so confusing. Here's a topic for today. Who do you think Jean is closest to? It can be anyone Scott, Storm, Rachel. I'd have to lean towards Scott or Storm
 Even though technically it wasn't her in Dark Phoenix Saga. At least I think. Jean is so confusing. H
Agreed, though right now she's probably closest to the Grim Reaper but that's another story. Seriously though, I can't really say, because she's strayed away from Scott, and Storm hasn't really, um, been there, but for all time, yeah, those two...and Wolvie.
 Agreed, though right now she's probably closest to the Grim Reaper but that's another story. Seriousl
big smile
She is pretty close to Wolvy, isn't she? I can see why Scott might have a skewed idea of cheating. Thinking about it I'd probably have to go with Phoenix (if that counts). I mean it's always been there for her. And no I'd say Deadpool is closer to death then Jean. Purely because the whole dating thing.
 She is pretty close to Wolvy, isn't she? I can see why Scott might have a skewed idea of cheating. Th
True. I was going to say Phoenix, but I wasn't sure if you meant a real person or what.
 True. I was going to say Phoenix, but I wasn't sure if te meant a real person o what.
Sorry I didn't update this for so long. Well guys here's your question of the day. What is your favorite story with Cannonball? I liked him in Second Coming. He was the leader of his team and he took responsibility for them. It seemed very Sam
 Sorry I didn't update this for so long. Well guys here's your domanda of the day. What is your favor
I'm not exactly sure I have a favorite when it comes to Sam. He's one of those characters to me that I don't see him enough (as much as the others) to choose a favorite story.
 I'm not exactly sure I have a preferito when it comes to Sam. He's one of those characters to me that
I know I know I forgot to update this for Rogue. I'll make the most of her last day and ask a question to see if anyone responds. Who do you think Rogue is closest to? A lot of people would choose Gambit or even Wolverine but I'm not sure. I don't really read enough of her to find out who her good friends are
 I know I know I forgot to update this for Rogue. I'll make the most of her last giorno and ask a questio
Like I said in my X-men introduction article, my comic knowledge is choppy and most of what I get is from the biographies of these characters. I know the X-men show was SUPER close to the comics, and in that she was really close to Gambit (obviously), but she was also close to Storm and Jean, and even Beast.
 Like I detto in my X-men introduction article, my comic knowledge is choppy and most of what I get is
Yeah she's one of those characters who doesn't seem espeially close to people. Not that she's unfriendly she just doesn't get too close to a lot of people
 Yeah she's one of those characters who doesn't seem espeially close to people. Not that she's unfrien
That's her biggest flaw. Her fear that she'll hurt them. Not that she has to worry hard about that now, but still. Everyone who she used to care about protecting is majorly screwed up or dead or...yeah. Poor powerless Rogue. Finally gets what she wants...and loses everything she had.
You know who we forgot? Magneto. I have been seeing some implied stuff between them but I just found out that it actually is serious. And can't she control it now? I know she had her powers last year during Second Coming but I don't really keep up with her.
Yeah, after the Second Coming she had a little control, but then she lost it and is back to normal powers. I might like some of these characters, but their lives seriously suck. How high are their therapy bills? I can't believe I forgot Magneto! ARGH! Anyway, what's your favorite X-23 story, or do you not have one?
I don't read much with her. I've said before that I don't have much money for comics and when I do I usually buy Cable. I've read her in Second Coming and Messiah War but I'd have to say my favorite story is the one before she becomes and X Man and is a prostitute. I've only read an outline but it sounds interesting. What's your favorite Laura story?
 I don't read much with her. I've detto before that I don't have much money for comics and when I do I
And even though their lives do have some low lows the highs are amazing. Even though their thing is that people hate and fear them they still have a huge family that will support them, and I assume that it feels great to save so many lives. Hell I feel great after giving a bum a quarter, so imagine how great it would be to do good on the level that they do. And I didn't really think of Magneto because I only recently found out they have a thing going on in the main stream universe. And why can't Rogue just have one power level and stick to it? She's giving me a headache with all this random change.
 And even though their lives do have some low lows the highs are amazing. Even though their thing is t
blush
I know right?! It's just like with the names! WHY CAN'T YOU STICK TO WHAT YOU HAVE?!!!

Like I've said before, I have never personally bought myself comics, mostly because I can't find anywhere that sells them here, so I catch up online. My favorite story would either be when she is first introduced to the other students or when she saves Dust's life.
Just find one name, power level, and outfit that works for you. Make it easy on everyone. I did read about when she first became a new X Men and maybe the issue where she was first introduced to Rachel and Kitty but I don't think I've read about when she saves Dust's life. Fill me in?
In the mansion, Icarus comes to visit Dust in the room she shares with Laura. He asks her to leave, and she complies, but listens to the conversation with her acute hearing. She hears Icarus tell Dust he tried to save everyone, but he messed up, and now he is leaving to fix it. He asks her to tell his siblings that he loves them if he doesn't come back, and passes her a note. When he tells Laura she can come back in, she advises Dust not to trust him. When questioned, she says: "He smells of death". Dust realizes he has pressed a note with an address into her hands.

Later Laura and Dust have a discussion about religion. The prior imparts that Dr. Sarah Kinney is her creator. She says if God exists, he made her a killer, a murderer, and that he made her kill her mother. Dust argues that "Allah is wisdom beyond our comprehension. We cannot question or judge him". When Laura asks why, Dust says she will tell her later, and hat she must go find Icarus. Laura offers to accompany her, advising her friend that it is a trap, but Dust refuses her help.

The other students are shown coming to check on Dust, having not seen her all day. Rockslide mentions that he hates "the clone", while Mercury argues that "Her name is Laura" and also states she does not hate the other girl. An attack on the mansion by William Stryker begins, and everything turns to chaos. Dust wakes up in the middle, on the floor, sans burqa, and is confused. Frost and the New X-men team are losing the fight until Laura appears, in time to save Surge from being shot. She swiftly deals with the attackers, and tells Dust: "It was a trap". Dust is shocked that she took her place, and Laura imparts: "I believe Allah did not want you to die", showing that she is beginning to think independently. She then removes a Psychic barrier device from a Purifier, as he is dying, so that Frost can read his mind. He expires before she can get the whole gist of what is happening. Stryker is killed by Elixir with a single touch (in retaliation for his having killed his girlfriend, Wallflower).
Oh I did read this before! And this is why no one likes Icarus.
Okay this doesn't have to do with the Mutant of the Week specifically but with the whole idea in general. A lot of the characters have very small roles and barely appear or die right after they appear (Thunderbird, Jenskot, etc.). My question is should we have a full blown week for each of them? I'm not even sure if we could come up with enough stuff for them. Maybe we could do like 1 or 2 days of the really small characters.
I like that idea. I mean, it's not like they shouldn't get any credit, because Thunderbird's sacrifice was amazing and Jenskot is just overall amazing from what we see of her, but I think a week would be too long. Look at the characters that are majorly in comics. We do them hardcore for a few days, but then by the end of the week we don't even think twice until we remember that it's time to choose the new one.
Yeah and some characters it's just plain hard to find stuff for. They don't have a lot of pictures, links, or even appearances in other media except cameos. It would just be hard to do. So I was thinking two days because then you get a bigger opportunity to post than just one day.
A random thing I just realized. The X Men are suppose to be about diversity and all that and yet so far all of our Mutants of the Week have been white Americans. Ironic
Have you noticed that most of the mutants in the X-men are white Americans, or of white European decent? (Psylocke, Banshee, etc) Sure, they're just now starting to REALLY switch it up, but look how many of them there are. It's crazy. When you look up Aliya on comicvine they don't give you much. On Marvel's website it wouldn't surprise me since they almost NEVER have anything for half of the characters, but when I go on COMICVINE and only get 4 paragraphs. Some of these characters have summaries that go comic by comic it seems like and this is the best they can do?! Drives me crazy! I'm scared to death to look up some of the others!
It is weird isn't it? Maybe it's because the X Men are based in America and just don't feel like recruiting over seas all the time or something. Or maybe there is a secretly racist telepath on the loose. And I can see why they wouldn't have a lot on Aliya. I have read almost all of her appearances and there are about 4 that I can name off the top of my head where she actually does something. Usually she just cameos to give Nate an important life lesson or something. And I don't even want to get in to poor Thunderbird. He died really quickly after his first appearance (Aliya tops this by dying in her very first) so there isn't much on him.
But there are some where they may not have appeared much, but MY GOD do they ever talk about them a lot! And yet they find it necessary to withhold this information on the websites.
What is your favorite Nightcrawler story? To me he has a lot of great stories, but as sick as it is, I think his death was the most touching to me.
I do have to agree that his death was really touching even though it didn't have enough build up in my opinion. I'm not sure why but it just seemed like BAM he's dead. Why is it that every time he is near Hope he ends up horribly injured? I don't really have a favorite story with him because my reading is so limited. There is that one issue where he is messing with Cable right after Moria's death and he makes Cable so mad that he almost kills him but I wouldn't say that's my favorite. Dang it brain why won't you choose one?!
I noticed that too. How if they just talk about a character that usually doesn't get mentioned else where even though it reveals a little more about them
Wow I have not updated this in forever. I'm going to add a couple of pictures for the ones I missed then post a question.
 Wow I have not updated this in forever. I'm going to add a couple of pictures for the ones I missed t
And now one for Remy
 And now one for Remy
And there we go. Okay which child of hers do you think Mystique is closest to? I would say Rogue because you never see her acting motherly (or trying to anyways) towards Nightcrawler and well no one really likes Grayton so yeah.
 And there we go. Okay which child of hers do te think Mystique is closest to? I would say Rogue beca
I agree. Hasn't she tried to kill Nightcrawler? And she keeps trying to get Rogue back on her side so that's about as motherly as we've seen her.
It seems so messed up to play favorites like that. Why raise my real kid when I can get a new one right?
It's probably because 1) she looks normal 2) she's her foster DAUGHTER, and 3) Rogue isn't exactly a saint with her past.
You'd think Mystique would be the last one to care about looking normal. I could see how Nithtcrawler would make her feel ad i comparison. I know that he does that to me. Another part of it may e the fact that she didn't actually get to raise Nightcrawler so they didn't bond as much
What do you think is the the worst thing Mystique has ever done? I mean she has betrayed her team, tried to kill multiple people and just in general has been a bad person but which beats them all?
Throwing her son off a bridge because he looked...like her lover and her.
I can't argue with that. Throwing ugly babies into water sources is the stuff of Disney villains (read Frollo). Even though Kurt isn't really ugly at least in my opinion.
Of course he isn't! He's adorable!
 Of course he isn't! He's adorable!
Damn he's small if that person can hold him in one hand like that
I really need to update this more often!
 I really need to update this più often!
Okay what is your favorite story with Hope? I personally like Messiah War because this was before she got obnoxious and when she was still a cute little kid who killed things.
 Okay what is your preferito story with Hope? I personally like Messiah War because this was before she
Okay, since Hope is a relatively new character to me, in connections with others, I don't have a favorite story.
più di un anno fa FudgeCakesP said…
I would have to agree with Alycat4848 on this. Hope is just pretty annoying to me now
She had so much potential. I mean the idea of Cable being the sole constant influence on a little girl was really interesting. You would expect her to turn out a lot like Cable but man. I liked crazy Tyler better than her!
più di un anno fa FudgeCakesP said…
I had very high expectations for her and I intially really really liked her, but she kinda pisses me off now
Maybe after Cable comes back he'll knock some sense into her.