fanpop Users An Explanation For The Dummies ...Please!

Cammie posted on Nov 23, 2008 at 04:55AM
I realize that by even contemplating writing this forum that I am setting myself up in a BIG way to be riduculed by my fanpopping friends, and becoming the laughing stock of many.
However, being an older user I'm not too wise to some of the lingo and text speech of the young users. My 19-year-old daughter was using LOL and OMG (when texting me) for months before I knew what she was talking about.
I remember in particular a few months ago Kathiria82 making comments on my quizzes which only consisted of LMAO. Amazondebs likes to use ROFL a lot. I thought to myself when reading these "comments" WTF? Yes, I know what that one means,lol.
My daughter explained to mean what LMAO and ROFL meant and then added some smart-arse remark that I shouldn't go on young people's fansites if I couldn't communicate "properly!"
Maybe so, but I enjoy Fanpop so instead I'm going to ask for some help. The following are a puzzle to me, so I'm hoping some people can set me straight on what they mean:

:D - Claire left this when giving me a prop the other day. I assume it's not bad since a prop accompanied it but what does it mean?

:) - this is the only "comment" ineedcoffee made on a pick a few hours ago...very bizarre to me!

P: - this one I see all the time all over the place, but have NO damn clue what it means?

Oooh, I am so confused at times! *hides in shame*
last edited on Nov 23, 2008 at 05:05AM

fanpop Users 26 risposte

Click here to write a response...
You've gone too far. Reloading last forum page...