fanpop Users Why did te choose your Motto?

jane-willow posted on Sep 11, 2007 at 01:49AM
Mine's just a line from one of my favorite songs, but I was looking at a few people's profiles and I couldn't help but wonder why they picked what they did.

So, now I'm asking :)

Why did you choose the motto you chose?

fanpop Users 12 risposte

Click here to write a response...
più di un anno fa Ravenclaw12 said…
i chose mine because Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is my favorite book of all time!! i also love the chapter in it called Kings Cross so i took i line out of it that Dumbledore said! oopps! thats on my other name! my motto is something that my cousin says all the time. and it is sooo true!!!!!!!!!
last edited più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa harold said…
Some of you haven't heard Harold's Rules before, and I want to share them. They're aphorisms I came up with over the course of my life, and I present them a little tongue-in-cheek now.
più di un anno fa dlyteful said…
Mine's a good quote from 'Mad Eye' Moody, who is one of my fav characters from Harry Potter. =)
più di un anno fa chel1395 said…
My current motto is my favorite quote from one of my favorite films, The Jerk. "For one dollar, I'll guess your height, your weight, or your sex." It cracks me up everytime. I will probably switch back to my favorite quote ("Dwight, you ignorant slut!") from my favorite TV show, The Office, when the new season starts. I'm also partial to "Drugs are bad, mkay?" from South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut.
last edited più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa Cinders said…
It's an abbreviated version of my all-time favorite Ataris quote.

The full version is as follows.

"So long, Astoria. We found a map to buried treasure and even if we come home empty handed, we'll still have our stories, battle scars, pirate ships and wounded hearts. Broken bones and the best of friendships."

For those who don't watch classic 80s films, it's a reference to the movie "The Goonies."

So Favorite band + Favorite movie = my motto.
più di un anno fa PkmnTrainerJ said…
It's a quote from "Time Turn Fragile" by Motion City Soundtrack, and mentions my shortened name, J, and I love MCS.
più di un anno fa Crazy-Chica said…
i used goofy things me and my friend came up with while hanging out
più di un anno fa FashionVictim said…
I just choose a quote from my favourite serie ever: Grey's Anatomy.

"I'm a bright and shinny girl"
più di un anno fa hellgirl223 said…
because everything about fanpop does rock!
più di un anno fa dazl said…
It describes me perfectly. And offers an explanation.
più di un anno fa jlhfan624 said…
It's a Futurama title caption.
link
più di un anno fa hooch-is-crazy said…
I saw it on a car air freshener thingy
in a shop (hence the car reference) and I loved it.