Realization. Even though it may seem impossible, the truth is, nothing is impossible. If te keep thinking it's impossible, then it will be. Have faith
Analyze the situation. Create a lista of "pros" and "cons" to help te better understand why you're seeking Amore o acceptance from this person.
Don't worry about things te can't help. Acknowledge the impossibility as something that is totally out of your hands (ex: marriage, age, sexuality, hang-ups) and know that if something is meant to be, it will be.
Don't take it personally. Perceiving the situation as a personal attack, is not advised. There is no point da contemplating why. In fact, it may create a mysterious attraction to them therefore prolonging infatuation, not to mention causing te a world of pain.
Plan wisely. Set aside a time for any duration. da reflecting, not brooding, te gain insight for your successivo possible crush.
Admit te have a crush. Allow yourself to feel it. If te don't, te are at risk for "Romeo and Juliet Syndrome". The forbidden Amore possibility becomes più attractive.
Don't dwell. Instead, go out and make new friends, o hang out with the old, But never be mean about them! It will only get back to them and then te will have Lost a friend.
sposta on. Remember that it's not the end of the world. Someone else may share your feelings, but this specific person just wasn't the right one. Just remember that its a crush-no matter how strong.
Mesmerizing. When te start remembering good times te had with your crush, immediately find something else to focus your energy and time on. Don't allow yourself to wallow in self pity for too long.
Be honest. Tell them how te feel. If te find out that he o she doesn't have any feelings for you, it will be easier for te to get over it.
Avoid anger. They didn't do anything wrong and getting angry is just going to push them further away and destroy your friendship. Come to terms with the fact that it isn't their fault they aren't attracted to te that way. This is hard, but a few tears (or a few buckets of tears), a few chick-flicks and treats and a few peppy songs te can dance to will keep te on your feet.
Keep in mind, if te are madly and hopelessly in love/lust, be patient. Don't be too clingy, but continue on as normal, being your wonderful self and mostra him/her how awesome te are. He/She might just realize one giorno that they have been blind this whole time and confess their love; after all, Amore is just friendship on fire.
Understand that if all else fails, think about how devastated te would be if the two of te started dating/getting serious and then broke up. Think of that when te get that feeling. Keep in mind how important your friendship is.
It's not healthy to keep hoping they will one giorno feel the same. Try to emancipate yourself from them for a while so that te can rid yourself of your feelings for them, because if te don't, the time te spend around them will be tense and bittersweet.
Avoid thinking about them. You'll only feel worse if te do. Meet new people, talk to your friends.
Instead of fantasizing about how great things could be with your crush, pick someone else. Imagine how great things would be with them. You've probably been doing this with your crush for so long that imagining being in a relationship with someone new might be the breath of fresh air te need to get the ball rolling on getting over him/her.
Maintain some type of distance. While being close to someone may stir emotions, avoiding someone who is regularly seen definitely will. If the person is close, either request "space" o continue normal activities. If the person is not, keep a distance, but not a "duck-and-cover" type of avoidance.
Spend time with the person. te will see their negative qualities, which will be beyond what te can orso if you're not meant to be.
Look at them closely. Find the physical flaws. And then think... "He/She's not that hot! What am I thinking?!" And find someone that te can get, and still be Friends with your crush.
Stop fantasizing about them! They aren't important. They don't define who te are, that's your job.
Remember that this person is not the end of the world. Someone else may feel the way te do about YOU. Just remember that its a crush--no matter how strong.
Focus on the trait of theirs that is your least favorite. That means, if he is so perverted and te don't like it, o if she is self-centered and te can't stand it, focus. It will allow te to see him/her as what he/she is, as well as get te over him/her.
When te start remembering a good time te had with your crush, convince yourself it wasn't all that great da remembering a much better time te experienced with someone else.
Ask yourself a reason why te want to get over it. Are te married/in another relationship? If so, it's easier to prioritize if te think it through.
Try to minimize contact with your crush.
Focus on your other interests.
Go to the gym and work out. Get your mind off of it and feel better about yourself.
Find comic relief. See the humorous side to things, read comic libri o deep thoughts before te go to bed.
Make an exciting change to make yourself feel sexy. Treat your self to a hair-cut, o a new outfit. Make yourself feel confident.
attraversare, croce out o erase his/her name anywhere te might have written it (e.g your notebook, your textbook, the bacheca of your bedroom, etc.)
Avoid all eye contact with them and try not to look longingly at his/her nose. You'll be più likely to get over the crush if te aren't always staring at him/her.
Act a bit più unpleasant around them than your usual temperament. They may act unpleasant back and won't seem as attractive to you, but be warned, te may lose out on a relationship with another person if te are too mean.
te know te will see this person again. They are your best friend and te don't want to lose them. Try to your time with them and start spending time with other people (namely ones of the sex te are attracted to). Start dating and don't feel obligated to your best friend, they're not dating you.
Learn from the experience and come out stronger.
Accept! Always remember that the toughest part will be to observe your best friend be normal around te while te could struggle to do so. There is no way around it but to accept that everything cannot possibly be reciprocated.
Try falling out of love/lust. Make lists of all the things that go against being attracted to him/her - Amore is blind, try to voluntarily open your eyes.
Don't let them see how upset te are. If they know, it'll only make them feel bad and they might start avoiding you. Act like nothing happened and maybe mention another person te think is hot. If they start liking te back, then that's great. Hope it all works out. If they don't, then just keep this up until te find someone else.
Consider the possibility of letting them see te with someone else. Act nicely. Sometimes people don't realize what they could have had until the opportunity is gone. If they don't start liking te back at this point, it's really time to stop crushing on them and meet new people.
Remember that if they liked te but changed their minds at the last minute, te shouldn't get angry o blame things on them. Your friendship should be strong enough to not let something like that keep a good thing down.
Accept it. Whether your window of opportunity came and went, o they're just not into you, acknowledge the reality of the situation. Tell yourself the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
sposta on. Make a promise to yourself to get over it. If you're Leggere this article, you're ready to take this step, so just do it.
Reassure yourself. Look in the mirror every morning, smile, and tell yourself, "You're worth it." Really mean it. te didn't do anything wrong, and right now there's someone else out there for you. And it always helps to remind yourself that they are the ones that are going to be missing out on you.
Maintain your decision. If te find yourself slipping, remember the promise te made to yourself.
Associate. If and when te catch yourself thinking about your crush, pick out something about them that te dislike, and focus on it. Be honest. te may have built a fantasy of them in your head, but in reality they're not as great.
Distract yourself. Go out with your Friends and have fun. Meet new people. Find a mostra o a game to immerse yourself in. Keep yourself busy and happy.
Take care of yourself. Keep well-groomed and put on your best clothes. It will do wonders for your self-esteem. Remember step three.
Find someone else. It can be difficult to get over someone if you're sitting there alone on Friday nights. Instead, call up that girl/guy te have History class with who always smiles at you.
Live life. You're a great person and he/she was a fool not to see that. Before te know it you'll be back on track.
Get it out. A good cry always helps. just let your feelings pour out and before te know it. He/She will be just a thing of the past.
If te can not get over it try to do the stuff te Amore like video games tv Leggere o whatever. Think about upcoming events that will make te happy. This may seem weird but it works 91 percent of the time
• Really focus on trying to find another boy/girl that you're interested in. It's hard to stop loving him/her when they're the only one te see. But don't neglect your best friend.
• If te are upset after finding out they don't like you, talk to someone te trust, like a friend o counselor, about how te feel. Tell them how you're hurt and ask for advice. Holding things in makes te depressed, and that can make everything much worse.
• Tell him/her as soon as possible that te have feelings for them. Waiting only makes it worse. It's not fair to te to have to keep it in, and te can't get over them until te know they don't feel the same way. It'll get worse before it gets better, but it will get better. And who knows? They may even confess to liking te back!
• Still be Friends with them. It's not fun to lose a friend because of a problem in a relationship and it's even harder with a best friend. Once te do get over them, you'll be glad te guys are still friends.
• Since they are your best friend te probably see them everyday at school so try to just kind of be yourself and act normal. It is hard but if he/she is your best friend then te were probably a little più comfortable around him/her to begin with so just act normal and don't try to impress him/her o make them like te back. It does not work!
• Try not to tell your Friends about it because they will only tell everyone else and it will get to him/her and make them feel very uncomfortable. It only makes it worse.
• Some songs might make te feel sad, but listening to others like, "Teardrops On My Guitar" da Taylor veloce, swift might make te accept the concept that your crush might not like you.
• Do nott listen to Amore songs o slow songs. It can cause te to become desperate.
• Make sure you're over them when you're not around them AND when te are. Sometimes you'll find that te have gotten over them during a time apart, but the secondo they come up to you, te fall for them again.
• Don't tell them te Amore them if te know for sure that they only want to be friends. This could damage the friendship.
• Don't overindulge on treats. te will feel even più depressed in the morning.
• Whatever te do, do not cut contact with the person. Because they aren't in Amore with you, when te avoid them they will eventually just hang out with other people, causing a rift between te two. This can be hard to fix and can ruin any hopes of being close Friends again.
• Try to be thankful for the wonderful friendship te have, always wanting più could destroy your friendship.
• Don't try to change yourself to become what te think is attractive to the other person - they will only see te as fake and insecure, a person who is not fun to be with, even as friends!
• Don't attempt to make them jealous - if they really only see te as a friend, baciare another guy/girl in front of them won't really affect them, and you'll just end up feeling regretful and disappointed with yourself later.
• If te do tell them, don't automatically assume how they're going to react. This sometimes makes te seem extremely foolish. If you're good enough friends, this might not affect your relationship as much as te think.
• Delete their phone number.
• Did te have a certain route in the hallway that te took to class where te ran into your crush? o maybe it was a hangout that te always saw him/her. Attempt to avoid these places because the più te don't see your crush the easier it will be to get over them!
• You have to remember that your crush for a boy/girl will just come and go. And if te kept thinking about him/her, just say this to yourself "There is not only one but many fishes in the water."
• If your crush doesn't like te for who te are, well, all I can say is that he/she will "REGRET" someday.
• Listen to inspiring songs like, "Forget You" da Cee Lo Green.
• Try not to get too depressed. It will be hard, but remember that life keeps going and it's better to go at the same speed.
• Don't stay alone for too long, you'll get bored and start thinking of the person.
• Don't keep thinking of the person. The più te think about them, the più likely te are to stay attached to them.
• Don't become bitter! Just because the person doesn't like te in that way doesn't mean te can be unfriendly towards them. Don't let your pride get wounded! Sometimes people just aren't right for one another! It says nothing about who te are.
• Don't let your self-esteem drop. te are still a wonderful person who deserves to be loved; this just wasn't the one who could Amore te in that way. te will find many though who can. So keep faith in yourself!
• Don't break down o mostra aggression if the person tells te he/she is in a relationship with someone.
• Don't demand the person about ending a relationship with a significant other.
• Don't jump into another serious relationship too soon. data for fun, data someone te normally wouldn't have been interested in, have some fun as a single person. Seeing that there are plenty of people out there who want to be with te will help te sposta on and feel better about yourself.
• Don't do anything outright mean o embarrassing. The goal is to get over your crush, not make your neighbor's life a living nightmare, o to lose out on other potential relationships.
• Do not become rude o disrespectful around them. Treat them like a normal human being.
• If the two of te are Friends on MySpace o a similar site, consider taking them off your buddy lista o at least removing your subscription to them. When te see a bulletin they've postato o a blog they wrote, just skip past it.
• Don't talk to them when you're under the influence of alcohol. te will say something te regret.
• Remember not to gossip o talk bad about them behind their back, because it will come back to haunt you.