American Idol Preferiti From Week 1 Of Season 7?

harold posted on Feb 22, 2008 at 03:12AM
So, now that we've seen each of the finalists perform for the first week, which ones do you think stood out? And then, once the results are shown tonight, which do you think should have been cut?

American Idol 4 risposte

Click here to write a response...
più di un anno fa harold said…
So, I didn't see the girls perform last night, so I can't speak to that (I'll watch the videos sometime soon). But as for the boys:

* Jason Castro was the best by a fair margin.
* Colton Berry was second by a fair margin.
There were a few others who did OK:
* Robbie Carrico's performance really stood out from the others, though he wasn't as good as Jason or Colton.
* Michael Johns did OK.
* David Archuleta was impressive vocally, though his performance skills were a bit lacking.
* Danny Noriega was the reverse: his was a high energy performance, but the song, while sung well, didn't display much vocal range.

The rest were not very good. But Jason Yeager, David Cook, and Chikezie were particularly bad.
Jason was just jaw-droppingly bad from start to finish: the first notes had my wife and I groaning, and it never got any better; David needed to come up with a different arrangement - there was nothing to make it distinct from a cruise ship performance (my wife actually said that during his performance, before Simon then said the exact same thing), and Chikezie just chose an absolutely WRONG song for his great timbre.
più di un anno fa harold said…
Wow. Colton got cut in the first week, despite his great and effortless performance.

But hey, Sanjaya stayed in the game for a long time, so I shouldn't be too surprised.
più di un anno fa Godly_Always03 said…
I didn't see the girls perform either, but my favs so far are David A (the 17 year old), Micheal Johns, Carly, Amanda (the rocker nurse). I think it's going to be a great season!
più di un anno fa hpnbe said…
David Archuleta is the best of the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!