Lost Ben

marissa posted on Mar 15, 2008 at 03:43PM
All right, so I came up with a theory last night while I was willing myself to fall asleep.

I got to thinking, "why does Witmore want to find this island? What's so special about it?" (Then again, what ISN'T special...)

Anyways, my answer was time travel.

And then I got to thinking how Ben knows everything... how he could send Harper to talk to Juliette, even though he was being held prisones...

Anyways, my point:

I think Ben has "perfected" time travel. This is how he knows everything.

We know he lied when he said he was born on the island. And we know that, with "Future Sayid", he's off the island. But maybe that "Future Ben" is realy "Present Ben"...

And maybe this is why Witmore wants to find the island? Some how he knows...?

Anyways, that's my theory! :)
last edited on Mar 15, 2008 at 07:14PM

Lost 6 risposte

Click here to write a response...
più di un anno fa courtney7488 said…
It makes sense. There have been a number of time where it seems as if Ben knows too much. However, I think the reason that Widmore wants to come to the island is much bigger than that- it might have something to do with DHARMA.

Going OT now- is that Mimi from Rent in your profile pic?
last edited più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa marissa said…
lmao, yes it is :)
più di un anno fa Giovanni_wasto said…
You could be right here. Watch "the man from Talahasee". Ben rolls out of a house in his wheelchair and Locke is looking at him from a distance through bincoulars. Ben glances, for just a millisecond, at Locke - but there's absolutely no chance he would have been able to see him if he hadn't already known he was there. Either it's a big coincidence or Ben knew Locke was there.

Whether it's Ben that is time travelling is another thing. Maybe Jacob can tell him the future, or he can tune into the whispers of the island well and they tell him what to do.
I'd almost forgotten about Jacob! You're right, that could be how Ben knows everything he does...
più di un anno fa Zerstoren said…
The whispers are confusing to me. They always seem to show up when one of the 'Others' is around-- but why?
The whispers have always messed me up, lol. In one of the episodes (I forget which one.... "Collision"?), Shannon hears the whispers and I swear that it said something like "hey sis" and "that's her".

I've always just assumed from that that the whispers were the people who had died on the island.

But now I'm not so sure...