My Little Pony - L'amicizia è magica Fading Light RP

NocturnalMirage posted on Aug 12, 2015 at 07:56PM
They say that just like ponies, countries and empires have lives too. They go through the same stages as we do. When they are born, they start out small. Then the bigger they grow, the stronger they get. They make many mistakes when they are young but eventually, they learn to distinguish right from wrong, friend from enemy, conquest from massacre. As they evolve and reach their peak, they are like a mighty stallion at the prime of his life. Powerful, determined, sharp-minded and fueled by the passion and willingness to change the world. But just like us, empires grow old eventually. They become weak, desperate and fragile. Internal illnesses sprout up like weeds in a once beautiful but abandoned garden. The smell of decay attracts the prowling enemies and they gather around to finish what time has already started...

The changelings came from nowhere 8 years ago and brought terror to all. We have managed to stop their mad Queen and foolishly believed that such a victory will mean the end of the war. But we were wrong... so horribly wrong. When we thought our world was safe, it fell apart before our very eyes.

The battle at the Isles of Romani was merely the beginning. The beginning of OUR end. We have fought valiantly till our last breaths. But we were no match for these new weapons the beasts of the abyss have created. When we truly realized what we were up against, it was already too late... One by one, the Southern Kingdoms have fallen. Zebria, Antelopia, The Plain's Nation... they were all consumed by the endless armies of the changelings.

Before we could react, the monsters were pounding on our gates. We had to learn the new ways of war quickly. We gathered the greatest minds of our kind to create weapons that could rival the changeling technology. Factories emerged from the ground one after the other within weeks. We witnessed as our leaders decided to use the new inventions of doom. But the abyssal monsters did not stop. We responded to fire with fire but the only thing that we achieved is to smolder the world to dust.

Through great courage and sacrifice, we were able to stop the changeling invasion. But the effort was too much for our country and the war ripped it into three.

The pegasi were warriors by nature and could not accept surrender. They have seceded from what was left of the Equestrian empire and formed Western Equestria. The winged soldiers continued the war with the changelings and successfully defended their territories for years...

The dwellers of the tundra; the elks, the hypogriffs, the deer and the griffons created the Northern Federation and broke off all contact with the rest of the world. The griffons, who were once great warriors, just hid in their cold, desolate mountain like cowards.

The remaining regions of the former Empire took the name of Central Equestria. Their King was able to protect the most valuable and strategically important cities, like Manehatten. But he only prolonged the agony of his nation...

Year after year, the war waged on... Every side suffered tremendous casualties but none could triumph over the other. The battle has become a stalemate. The front lines have solidified like a frozen lake. But the so-called truce did not bring too much relief... Disease, hunger, violence and riots spread like wildfires only the never sleeping factories remained constant... the pale Sun always hides behind the dense, black smoke coming from their chimneys, like if it was ashamed of the world. Well... the Sun has every right to feel that way...

So I guess the saying is true... Countries do have the same life cycles as we do. And ours is dying. When the ponies lose faith in their own country, that country is doomed to be lost in the sands of time... After all... this is the Age of the Fading Light.

RULES:

- No godmodding (nopony's all-powerful and/or invincible, not even Celestia herself)

- No puppeteering (please refrain from taking control of someone else's character without a permission)

- No killing each other's characters without permission.

- No Deus ex Machina (a conflict cannot be magically solved/made disappear by a simple flash of a horn.)

- There is no character/person limit, you may play as many characters as you want, within a reasonable number of course.

- Please do not implement anything that deviates drastically from the established laws of the show!

- We like to keep a fast pace and although this is not a specific rule, but try to post daily so you won't fall out of the loop.

- And most importantly: HAVE FUN!

In order to join with your OC, please fill out this short character sheet below!

Name:
Personality:
Bio: (optional)
Voiced by: (optional)

Useful tips:

- This is the sequel of the Eye of Anubis RP. However, you don't really need to have too much knowledge of the previous RP. Only a few characters are the common link. So that shouldn't hold you back if you wish to join! :)

- This RP takes place in a time period AFTER the Medieval times of Equestria. The premise is more or less like our world was during the Great Industrial Revolution in the 18th century. Lots of new technologies, machines, factories and overall pretty bad life conditions.

- The RP takes place 8 YEARS AFTER the events of the prequel, however, there will be some flashbacks.

- The RP will be full of twists, the tables will be turned every once in a while which will mean that the fine line between antagonists and protagonist will not be as unambiguous as usual.
 They say that just like ponies, countries and empires have lives too. They go through the same stages
last edited on Aug 12, 2015 at 08:03PM

My Little Pony - L'amicizia è magica 3438 risposte

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 3301-3350 of 3438

più di un anno fa NocturnalMirage said…
Catapult: I think I have a few ideas how to pass time in a productive and enjoyable form. *winks at her and that characteristic mischievous grin expands on his face*

Slingshot: Right... right... *keeps the silence for a couple more minutes until...* hmm... the tracks end here...

Stella: *blushes again and chuckles in a true, ladylike way* Thank you! I see you are a true gentlecolt!
più di un anno fa Windwakerguy430 said…
Longsword: (Cleans his sword)
più di un anno fa Jade_23 said…
Tsura: *returns the same mischievous smirk* Why don't you help me find it? *opens the door of their caravan and leads the way* After you, Chief.. *closes the door once they are both in and locks it*

Ragnar: What? They couldn't have just ended here.. Perhaps they took it on flight now!

Tanis: I get that a lot.
Vectra: No he doesn't!
Tanis: *nudges his sister*
Steel: (Suddenly speaks up) I hate to stop this conversation, but perhaps we should focus on the situation with the changelings
Ragnar: What do you mean, Steely? We've been focused the whole trip. You're interrupting our thoughts, stop getting so distracted, gosh..
Steel: Nevermind
Ragnar: Yeah, that's what I thought.

Willow: *tries to nudge herself in between Stella and Tanis* ANYWAYS...
Meriva: *flares her tiny wings and lands on the unicorn's back* Are you hungry, Stella?
Tanis: *leaves Willow in the dust and flies and sits on Stella's head, hanging on to her horn* Or thirsty? There's a whole thing of water over there! You can take a bath if you'd like. We can help you, we can bathe ourselves now! Even though we hate doing it..
Willow: *sighs, walking besides Vectra* Yeah..
Vectra: I like your eyes. They remind me of someone who was killed.
Meriva: *glances back at Vectra to make her hush*
Tanis: If you want, we can preen you! I don't have a problem with it! *bites on Stella's ear*
Steel: (Uses her magic to sense any changelings nearby)
Slingshot: Perhaps they have gone airborne from this point indeed. *looks around carefully, yet there's nothing but the desolate landscape* Hmm... I don't see a damn thing... but... *sniffs into the air* the smell of oil and smoke travel with the breeze... you can smell it too, right? Maybe, if their ship crashed somewhere around here, they camp nearby the wreck... that's what I would do.

Stella: *feels a little embarrassed and even blushes again* Oh... you are all very kind! It sounds like a splendid idea to get the dirt and dust of the journey off my fur... Could you show me to the bathing facility here then?
Steel: Indeed. We should be more cautious now that they could be closer
Ragnar: *looks at Slingshot* So let me get this straight, Dandelion, you want three ponies like us to look for and enter a camp that is swarming with Changelings?

Vectra: It's not like we have anything better to do. Our parents just sent us off to play while they argued.. again.. *lowers her ears*
Meriva: I hate it when they do that.. They hurt each other, and that's not nice!
Tanis: No problem, Stella! *pulls her horn and makes her look to the left* Right there! A big pool of water.
Meriva: I can run and get my mother's shampoo. It smells really good, I promise! You'll smell like roses! I'll be right back! *stumbles along her flight toward her parent's caravan*
Steel: I suppose you have a better plan, Ragnar?
Ragnar: Yes. Not die.
Steel: That's a start, but surely you must have something a little more thought out
Slingshot: Do both of you think I'm that stupid??? This is a scouting mission! The whole purpose is to reveal the enemy positions, not to engage a fight!!! I just want to know where those beasts are hiding so we could have the upper hoof in this battle! Oh my goodness, I thought I was working with professionals here...

Stella: It's quite all right... I do not wish to receive any special treatment...
Ragnar: Well, Ms. Smarty Pants, If I were to recall a professional, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't be disobeying her own order. *points at Slingshot's hooves, indicating that she is not standing the Changeling's hoof prints, and that she created brand new ones* I thought I was working with the most focused, skilled, and smartest professional of them all! I'm disappointed.

Vectra: Why not? You're important! Especially if you come from such a rich city and live in a palace. Besides, we always make Meriva do our chores. She's so gullible and vulnerable, and she has no problem with it.

Meanwhile, small Meriva knocks on her parent's door rather harshly for her to be heard for once.
Steel: (Sighs)
Small Meriva finally arrived up the stairs of her parents’ caravan. She was quiet as she stared at the knob. The filly raised her hoof and knocked on the door gently. At first, there was no response. The yellow pony was confused on how long it took until her parents opened the door. She was about to knock again when the wooden door suddenly opened, revealing a half dressed mare on the other side. Tsura had wrapped her bare body with sheets, curling a lock of her wild mane behind her pierced ears. She looked down at her daughter and tilted her head, blocking the entrance to the room.

Tsura: Meriva? What are you doing here? I thought you were playing with your friends.
Meriva: *stares at her hooves shyly* I was, mama! I met the new pony and she’s really, really nice!
Tsura: *leans down and carries Meriva, placing a kiss on her forehead* Then why are you here? Mommy is very busy with daddy. We’re.. Umm.. Talking about important things.
Meriva: I was just wondering if I could borrow your shampoo for the pretty unicorn! She wishes to take a bath after a long journey! Her hooves must be tired and she’s all sweaty!
Tsura: *frowns* My shampoo is one of a kind. You know how hard it is to get the purest fruits and spices for them? Hmm.. I have another idea. Give her this. *places Meriva on the ground, then enters her caravan and returns after a few seconds with a pink bottle* Here you go!
Meriva: Thank you mother! *hugs her bare thigh which is wrapped with sheets* And can you come check on us later? In case my siblings forget about me like last time?
Tsura: Of course, my sunflower! I’ll make sure they include you in their games. Hurry on now, mother needs to get back to work. *pushes her gently down the stairs*
Meriva: Okay! Bye bye! *flares her tiny wings and gently flies at a slow speed and altitude, soon arriving to her destination with her friends*
Tsura: *watches her daughter until she disappears, then returns inside the caravan and sighs of relief*
Long Range: (Sitting in the castle) I've had about all I can take with that bastard. He refuses to cooperate...... Soldier
Soldier: Yes, Long Range
Long Range: Use your magic to contact the Queen. I must speak with her
Soldier: Of course (Tries to telepathically contact Summer Pride)
Catapult: lying in thee bed, under the cover he hastily wrapped around his body when he heard the knock on the door* What was that all about?

Slingshot: Oh... *hovers above the sand and the gust of wind created by her wings make her tracks fade away* Well, I'm not getting any younger with each day... it seems I have been sitting behind a desk for far too long. And that's what happens when you get a desk. You forget things on the field.

Stella: *raises a brow* It is not nice to take advantage of the timid...
Solider: (Keeps trying to contact Summer Pride)
Tsura: It was Meriva, wanting some supplies for her new friend. *slyly slips herself under the sheets like a snake and nuzzles herself in between her husband's thighs*

Ragnar: You're also forgetting they'll spot you if you fly. *grabs her hoof and drags her back on the ground, setting her hooves with the other hoof prints* There we go, Colonel Dandelion.

Tanis: We're not taking advantage of her. Look, here she comes!
Meriva: *prances through the sand with the bottle in her mouth, getting tired with each step she takes until she arrives with the others* Guys! I got it!
Tanis: *snatches the bottle and pushes her sister aside* Good! You did something right! Here you go, Stella! You can thank me later.
Steel: Perhaps there is some use for me after all. I can use my magic to make Slingshot invisible and have her fly from here and back, allowing her to scout the area more easily
Catapult: Oh... she made a friend? That's new! She's usually so shy and introverted... *grins* Now... where were we?

Slingshot: Oh no, nopony's playing magic pinball with my body! sometimes, the old fashioned ways are still more effective. Luckily I have come prepared. As always. *opens a compartment on her armor and gets a sand colored cape out. when she wraps it around her body and crouches, she looks just like a desert rock from the ground and from the air too* See?

Stella: *the golden aura of her magic surrounds the bottle as she levitates it close to her muzzle and sniffs it* Mmm, it smells good! Thank you! All of you! You're very kind! *stands there for a while, looking at the triplets with waiting eyes and since they don't move either she opens her mouth to speak once again* Um... I don't mean to be rude or seem ungrateful, but could you give me a little privacy while I attend to my hygienic needs?
Tsura: Did she get her shyness from you? It doesn't surprise me, Black Feather. You were always quite the... Surprise. *licks his muzzle* I believe you were learning in what thigh of mine my birthmark was on.. *scratches the back of his ears as she stares at him with a wide smirk*

Ragnar: *claps sarcastically* I didn't know it was All Hallow's Eve already! I can't even recognize you! Man, I wish I had one of those equestrian machines where you capture the moment to remember this forever. Go on, Dandelion. You're doing great! *chuckles*

Tanis: why? I don't mind!
Willow: *pulls on Tanis' ear*
Tanis: Ow!
Willow: We'll wait over by the fire!

They all soon leave the young mare alone and head to the logs surrounding the fire that cooks the food.

Tanis: I don't see why we had to leave. We bathe together all the time!
Meriva: Well I-
Vectra: *interrupts Meriva* She just needs privacy.
Meriva: And-
Willow: And she's tired, so we can't bother her.
Meriva: But-
Tanis: But we were kind to her!
Vectra: *shrugs* lets play with the baby giraffes and zebras in the meantime! *flares her wings*
Willow: Fine with me! *trots besides Vectra meanwhile Tanis follows. When Meriva yells at them to wait up, her older brother turns around*
Tanis: uhh.. Sorry Meriva, but I think they only like us. You can't hang out with us, you'll make us look bad.
Meriva: *lowers her eyes* But I got the shampoo in exchange for love!
Vectra: Umm.. That dead rabbit over there looks lonely!
Meriva: *turns around and sees nothing, and by the time she had turn back her siblings and friend had disappeared to have fun with others* *sighs, lowering her head and ears*
alinah_09 commented…
Poor kid. più di un anno fa
Steel: Indeed. You really seem to come prepared for these things
Catapult: Indeed I was. Now where is it? I'll do a thorough examination, hehe!

Slingshot: Laugh all you want! These tactics saved my life several times! And yes, I'm ALWAYS prepared.

Stella looks around carefully and waits for a couple more minutes till she can't hear the voice of the triplets outside anymore. She pours fresh, hot water in the tub as well. After examining the area cautiously one more time, the young mare unties the knot on her chest that was holding her thick garments and slowly drops them on the floor, revealing her dainty body. Despite her rather small size, she actually looks even older than she said. A young and attractive pony right at the edge of childhood and true marehood. Stella cranes her long, swan like neck as she stretches her tired muscles and... unfolds her wings! The silky feathers on them are large compared to her overall size just like her horn...
Long Range: (Keeps waiting to contact Summer Pride) I hope the queen made it to her destination safely
Tsura: *a wide smirk expands on her face as she lays down below her husband* I treated you and the kids very badly. And I committed very bad actions! And this slave accepts any punishment given to her by her one and only Catapult! *clenches the sheets and she spreads her thighs apart and wraps them around her husband’s neck* Show me what you got, chief!

Ragnar: I respect your tactics, no matter how ridiculous they are, Colonel Dandelion. *winks at her* Lead the way!

Small Meriva just decided to return to her other new friend, Stella, since clearly her siblings did not want anything to do with her.. As always. It hadn't been a few minutes until the filly was lost in the camp, aimlessly trotting out the perimeter of the settlement without realizing it.
last edited più di un anno fa
più di un anno fa alinah_09 said…
Crystal: *looks around from her spot until she notices the small filly walking around--alone, no less. She decided to call out to her* Hey! Don't get out of camp now! It's dangerous!

(Welp. Started watching live action Japanese shows because of boredom...what is going on in my life?)
Meriva: *it wasn't unitl she turned around where Crystal noticed she was quietly sobbing with tears flowing down her furry cheeks.* *sniffs* I'm.. I'm sorry ma'am.. I didn't mean to, I promise! I was just looking for the new mare since I have no pony to be with.. *lowers her ears* I was left all alone.. As always..
Crystal: *raises her brow* The hoody girl? I don't think she went by here...Anyway, aren't you with your siblings?
Meriva: *rubs her eyes and sniffs* ..Yeah... Maybe... I don't know.. I don't think they consider me their sister.. I don't fit in with them. I can't fly well and I'm not "cool". Tanis says its because I was adopted, but that's not true. And then Vectra said I was dropped and hit my head when I was born! But my mommy and daddy say that's not true! Once my mom forgot me in the playground.. She thought I was flying behind her with my other siblings... And she called us accidents... And she killed Grandmot- I mean- Uh.. She killed my pet hamster.. She said those were weak creatures..
Crystal: Hmm...*takes a final glance around the zone before gliding down* Well, the way you said it makes me a tiny bit glad that I'm an only child. Besides, just because you're a bit timid doesn't mean you're weak or "uncool", it just means you haven't found your true strength yet--and that's fine, because you're still young. *motions at Toy* We just ended up like this because we were forced to grow up sooner but in truth, I was actually the same as you when I was your age. *scratches cheek sheepishly* Anyways, all I'm saying is that you may not look it but you might turn out to be the protector rather than the protected someday...but before that you need to just prove yourself in your own way, after all you're still just a kid. *pats her head*
Meriva: *nuzzles Crystal's hoof for comfort* How do I prove myself? By killing a changeling? I can't do that. I can't even kill a fly! I can't take the life of somepony, that's too devastating! I don't share any traits with my family, they are mighty warriors! And I'm just.. Well, me..
Toy Sword: *walks up to the filly* you remind me a lot of my sister when she was younger. Unfortunately, the world was too cruel and her heart wasn't big enough. She finally broke. You don't need to kill a changeling to prove yourself- although that would be cool. Eh, I mean that there are other options. It's different for everypony. Remember that.
Meriva: can I borrow your dagger?
Toy Sword: Why?
Meriva: To kill a scorpion and prove that I can be scary!
Toy Sword:'*chuckles and pats her head*
Meriva: *crawls away from all the cuddles* ..I'm not a kid. I'm a young mare. Hmph.. *droops her ears* thanks, I guess.. *slowly walks back into the settlement*
Crystal: *stretches her wings* Welp. We suddenly became adults. *smiles* That's a job well done, if I do say so myself.
Toy Sword: *shrugs* I guess that's one way to put it. You're really good at giving advice!
Longsword: (Finishes readying his weapons and sits at the table, staring at his shaking hooves)
Wheat: *unexpectadly walks behind Longsword and places a gentle hoof on this shoulder* Are you alright, my love? What's wrong? You look troubled.
Longsword: I am worried of the upcoming battle. I can sense it, and there's no way of avoiding it. I worry about you, and Toy Sword, and Meadow, and Willow, and Steel, and everyone here. There's only so much a stallion like me can do, and it isn't much
Wheat: ...I see.. *sits besides him* Well, I think you're wrong. Such a stallion like you can do wonders! You've done everything in your power to protect this family of ours. They are just changelings, bugs! We are better than them, we will squish them! ...And if our Lord wants us to join her, then so be it! But we die with honor and love! Something the changelings will never have!
Longsword: If the lord wants us to die, then I say to hell with the lord. I'm not letting anyone of you die. I'll protect you all no matter what. I refuse to let anyone die by the hands of the changelings
Wheat: *lightly slaps her husband's shoulder* Longsword! How dare you talk about our savior like that? She is the one who decides our fates! Must we go over sections in our holy book?
Longsword: (Sighs) Sorry. I'm so upset and worried. I can't lose anyone else. I've lost too many already
Wheat: *exhales the breath she was holding* I know you are.. I know you've lost a lot of ponies who you love dearly! I have too! But you have me, and I've got you. *places her hands on his cheeks and kisses him tenderly* You won't lose that. Neither of us will! Speaking of which, I wonder where Willow is..
Longsword: Your right. I haven't seen her since she left with her friends. We should go look for her
Wheat: *nods quietly with a faint smile and walks besides Longsword*

They were soon stumbling upon the group of young creatures playing an Equestrian game, hopscotch, taught by Willow herself. She jumped the squares skillfully, as Tanis and Vectra patiently waited on the other side for their turn. To make it even more intense, the baby zebras had insisted in adding spikes on the lines of the game, causing small injuries to those who failed skipping the steps correctly. Wheat immediately intervened and snatched her young daughter away from the game.

Wheat: Willow! What are you doing?!
Willow: Moooom! I was about to cross!
Wheat: Do you realize how dangerous that is? You can get hurt! *talks in a lower voice* ...And what have I told you about hanging out with the Sly family? And these wild creatures???
Willow: *rolls her eyes with a groan*
Wheat: They're a bad influence on you, honey! I don't want their family issues to effect you too!
Longsword: They are indeed not the most kindest of people, but they do have some good in them. But this is your mothers decision, I'm afraid
Wheat: *nods* Plus.. Their parents are crazy. Look at their children here, playing with dangerous items. And they are nowhere to be found, locked up in their caravan enjoying each other! Hah, and there's three of them, where's the third one?
Willow: *sighs* okay.. *glances back at her friends and waves goodbye to them*
Tanis: Aww.. *droops his ears* Already?
Longsword: Sorry, Willow. Besides, we need to keep an eye on you at all times in this place. Anything could happen